Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny. Vlad and Nigel

+4
InTenSity
Vlad
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
8 posters

Go down

So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny.  Vlad and Nigel Empty So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny. Vlad and Nigel

Post by DWags 2015-11-10, 15:14

If we get in the playoffs at 12-1, would Nigel win the bet with Vlad?

Technically, we aren't getting in undefeated, and by the letter of the bet, I'd say it's a wash.  But anyone who has common sense would say, "Well, if we got in at 12-1,we would definitely get in at 13-0".  But as I have said, technically, since we're not going to be 13-0 I think the bet is off.   At this point it would be complete advantage Nigel.  Either we get in at 12-1 or we don't, which I 100% believe to be the case, even if we win out.  

Thoughts?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny.  Vlad and Nigel Empty Re: So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny. Vlad and Nigel

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-10, 15:20

DWags wrote:If we get in the playoffs at 12-1, would Nigel win the bet with Vlad?

Technically, we aren't getting in undefeated, and by the letter of the bet, I'd say it's a wash.  But anyone who has common sense would say, "Well, if we got in at 12-1,we would definitely get in at 13-0".  But as I have said, technically, since we're not going to be 13-0 I think the bet is off.   At this point it would be complete advantage Nigel.  Either we get in at 12-1 or we don't, which I 100% believe to be the case, even if we win out.  

Thoughts?
I'm confused.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny.  Vlad and Nigel Empty Re: So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny. Vlad and Nigel

Post by Vlad 2015-11-10, 15:25

DWags wrote:If we get in the playoffs at 12-1, would Nigel win the bet with Vlad?

Thoughts?

My thoughts: Very confusing post. Need to sort out your thoughts better. I believe what you're asking is if we still get in the playoffs at 12-1...which you give 0% chance of happening...would Nigel still win the bet?

Did I get that right??

On the generous terms Nigel is known to offer, I'm listening...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-10, 15:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Thoughts?
I'm confused.

Get in line Bob!

Sometimes the poor old fella just tries too hard.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-10, 15:28

Vlad wrote:

Thoughts?

My thoughts: Very confusing post. Need to sort out your thoughts better. I believe what you're asking is if we still get in the playoffs at 12-1...which you give 0% chance of happening...would Nigel still win the bet?

Did I get that right??

I think what he is saying is: If MSU gets in the Playoffs at 12-1, then there is no doubt they would have gotten in at 13-0. That being the case, on a technicality, you would lose the original bet. But since that bet says it has to be 13-0 MSU that gets in or doesn't get it, we don't have that scenario and can only go on assumption, so the bet is null and void. The original bet, that is.

I think.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-10, 15:36

Thoughts?
If we get in at 12-1 then it's a certainty that we would get in with a better record of 13-0, so Nigel would win the bet if we were undefeated. However, since the terms of the bet are no longer met, there is no bet.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-11-10, 15:36

I'm pretty sure the bet was undefeated and since that's not the case now I think the bet is dead.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-10, 15:38

Snake Plissken wrote:I'm pretty sure the bet was undefeated and since that's not the case now I think the bet is dead.

Unless they want to revive it! Vlad just said no way a one loss MSU team gets in... Nigel? Thoughts?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-10, 15:41

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Did I get that right??

I think what he is saying is: If MSU gets in the Playoffs at 12-1, then there is no doubt they would have gotten in at 13-0. That being the case, on a technicality, you would lose the original bet. But since that bet says it has to be 13-0 MSU that gets in or doesn't get it, we don't have that scenario and can only go on assumption, so the bet is null and void. The original bet, that is.

I think.

Is there a question in there somewhere??

What if the opposite were to happen?  Say we lose a game. (Oh waite a minute, we already did!) And the person starting this thread himself says he gives MSU ZERO chance of making the playoffs now at 12-1.

So given that my part of the bet was that we had a small chance of not making the playoffs at 13-0 (but I liked the terms), and now at 12-1 we're all in agreement that there's a snowball's chance in hell of getting in, don't I win on a technicality?? I mean, I was on the side of not making the playoffs, and we're agreeing that that will in fact be the case (pretty much).

Yeah...very confusing...Not sure where to go with the OP's question.

Personally, I think Nigel should owe me money just for his stupidity in offering those terms.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-10, 16:06

Thoughts?

That is a great point.

Somehow I don't think common sense would prevail though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-10, 16:25

NigelUno wrote:

Thoughts?

That is a great point.

It's why I love this board. All of us have common sense, but none of us would use it if we went 12-1 and got in.

Let's make this more fun.

What if we get to # 5 or 6 at 12-1. Would common sense say we'd have been in at 13-0?

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-10, 16:28

Dumb and Dumber III - The Circle Jerk.

I think I've seen this one before.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-10, 16:34

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That is a great point.

It's why I love this board. All of us have common sense, but none of us would use it if we went 12-1 and got in.

What if we get to # 5 or 6 at 12-1. Would common sense say we'd have been in at 13-0?

If this happens, I think someone burns down the house of the official that didn't call the guy out of bounds. I think MSU might actually announce they are immediately leaving the B10 and going independent.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-10, 16:38

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:

If this happens, I think someone burns down the house of the official that didn't call the guy out of bounds. I think MSU might actually announce they are immediately leaving the B10 and going independent.

Let it go with the officiating. Our D got torched all night and our special teams sucked ass. Fuck, even when the receiver went out of bouds, he still got wide open an made the TD look easy!  So he took the long route and STILL GOT WIDE OPEN. That's how bad our coverage was.

Yeah, it wasn't on the official. We sucked that night.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-10, 17:03

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That is a great point.

Common sense. Yes.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-10, 20:04

Ok, I think we still could get in at 12-1.

We need help, but if we beat OSU and then Iowa we will have beat two teams who were in the top 4.

They take all names down and start over each week.

Legitimate shot imo.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/view-rankings
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-10, 21:47

DWags wrote:Ok, I think we still could get in at 12-1.

We need help, but if we beat OSU and then Iowa we will have beat two teams who were in the top 4.

Legitimate shot imo.

OSU at 3, and Iowa at 5. I'm guessing the odds of a Big Ten undefeated champ not making the playoff...

So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny.  Vlad and Nigel 3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-10, 22:04

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Ok, I think we still could get in at 12-1.

Legitimate shot imo.

OSU at 3, and Iowa at 5. I'm guessing the odds of a Big Ten undefeated champ not making the playoff...

So, just to start this up again, cause it will be funny.  Vlad and Nigel 3003718628

Yep
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-21, 21:26

Vlad wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I think.

Is there a question in there somewhere??

What if the opposite were to happen?  Say we lose a game. (Oh waite a minute, we already did!) And the person starting this thread himself says he gives MSU ZERO chance of making the playoffs now at 12-1.

So given that my part of the bet was that we had a small chance of not making the playoffs at 13-0 (but I liked the terms), and now at 12-1 we're all in agreement that there's a snowball's chance in hell of getting in, don't I win on a technicality?? I mean, I was on the side of not making the playoffs, and we're agreeing that that will in fact be the case (pretty much).

Yeah...very confusing...Not sure where to go with the OP's question.

Personally, I think Nigel should owe me money just for his stupidity in offering those terms.

So...yeah. You're a dumbass.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down