Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Rexrode

+11
pulling69
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
NigelUno
Giant Moose
steveschneider
DWags
Nordic
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
tTy
15 posters

Go down

Joe Rexrode Empty Joe Rexrode

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:36

Dude is turning into a fucking bitch.

I used to read his shitty articles and think, ehhhh, that was OK. Now he's getting all pissed off and retaliating on social media and engaging the haters because he can't handle criticism. What a thin skinned fuckwad. How do you get to where he is and start pulling this shit?

Don't mistake me here, this isn't about anything that he writes about actual sports, it's about him being a pussy and getting all bitchy with the readers. He is turning into Jerry Fucking Springer.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Joe Rexrode Empty Re: Joe Rexrode

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 01:39

He makes me so mad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:42

tGreenWay wrote:He makes me so mad.

I ain't mad, homie, I'm just disappointed in him. It isn't to the same extent, but if Comp went all Ozymandias spaz on all the haters.... that = kinda how I feel about this. A fall from grace, if you will. Comprende?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 01:56

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:He makes me so mad.

I ain't mad, homie, I'm just disappointed in him. It isn't to the same extent, but if Comp went all Ozymandias spaz on all the haters.... that = kinda how I feel about this. A fall from grace, if you will. Comprende?

I get it. I actually sort of like that he's firing back at his detractors. Joe Rexrode 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 01:58

tGreenWay wrote:
tTy wrote:

I get it. I actually sort of like that he's firing back at his detractors. Joe Rexrode 502811600

Really? It makes him no better than any of us, IMO. If you can't hack it and start bitching up a storm, you just sound like a bitch to me.... maybe that is just me, IDK.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-14, 02:02

He's writing the same way he has for the last decade.

Joe's had a charmed life for what he does. Covered MSU sports for the State News as a student. Right time/right place and he got a job covering MSU for the LSJ. The Freep had some personnel changes and he got the MSU beat writer job for them. Through all those job changes he's been able to live in the Lansing area and cover MSU.

I think he gets sick of the Blue Wall accusations. In his mind nothing has changed. He still lives in the Lansing area and still covers MSU like he has since he started writing for the State News
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-14, 02:06

He was in the seat behind me on the way back from Lincoln/Omaha last weekend... I tilted my seatback as far as I could... fuck that guy

Joe Rexrode 3669899363
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:06

GRR Spartan wrote:He's writing the same way he has for the last decade.

Joe's had a charmed life for what he does. Covered MSU sports for the State News as a student. Right time/right place and he got a job covering MSU for the LSJ. The Freep had some personnel changes and he got the MSU beat writer job for them. Through all those job changes he's been able to live in the Lansing area and cover MSU.

I think he gets sick of the Blue Wall accusations. In his mind nothing has changed. He still lives in the Lansing area and still covers MSU like he has since he started writing for the State News

I realize all this. The thing that is totally turning me off is that he is going all bitch on people and acting like he deserves a damn pass when he writes something stupid just cuz. If he just ignored all the static, I could TOTALLY respect that. But he is letting it get to him which tells me that maybe he doesn't totally believe everything he's putting on paper, or, he's just a thin skinned dipshit like most everyone out there.

Regardless, the fact that he is engaging hater fans cuts his credibility and my desire to seek out his work in half at the very least. He is starting to head down a road that will take him into Drew Sharp troll hack territory in no time.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:07

Nordic wrote:He was in the seat behind me on the way back from Lincoln/Omaha last weekend... I tilted my seatback as far as I could... fuck that guy

Joe Rexrode 3669899363

Atta boy.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 02:07

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Really? It makes him no better than any of us, IMO. If you can't hack it and start bitching up a storm, you just sound like a bitch to me.... maybe that is just me, IDK.

Oh no, I cometely agree he needs thicker skin if he's planning on staying in the game, but it still cracked me up that he tossed a few zingers at some of the people who go after him on social media.

The thing is, IMO, Joe does a good job covering his MSU beat. He's pretty straightforward in his coverage. The problem is, we all want an opinion writer who bleeds green and pleads our case the way all the Detroit papers do for um. We don't have anybody like that to stand up for us and scream bloody murder when we get crapped on by shitty calls by the refs. I think that's why I loved Jemelle Hill's epic outburst after the game in Ann Arbor. She said things I've waited decades to hear somewhere other than sports messages boards or in family and neighborhood convos.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:11

tGreenWay wrote:
tTy wrote:

Oh no, I cometely agree he needs thicker skin if he's planning on staying in the game, but it still cracked me up that he tossed a few zingers at some of the people who go after him on social media.

The thing is, IMO, Joe does a good job covering his MSU beat. He's pretty straightforward in his coverage. The problem is, we all want an opinion writer who bleeds green and pleads our case the way all the Detroit papers do for um. We don't have anybody like that to stand up for us and scream bloody murder when we get crapped on by shitty calls by the refs. I think that's why I loved Jemelle Hill's epic outburst after the game in Ann Arbor. She said things I've waited decades to hear somewhere other than sports messages boards or in family and neighborhood convos.

Nah, I'd rather have a call's em as he see's em kinda guy who doesn't apologize to anyone, and fuck the whiners. Trust me, if it were me writing for the LSJ or the FREEP or whatever, I'd never even THINK about negatively addressing a reader like he has been lately. He is his own worst problem right now. I actually politely attempted to explain that to him on twitter today and he got all bitchy and said "unfollow is easy to do" and shit like that. Not a great way to increase your exposure/clicks/readership.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 02:16

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Nah, I'd rather have a call's em as he see's em kinda guy who doesn't apologize to anyone, and fuck the whiners. Trust me, if it were me writing for the LSJ or the FREEP or whatever, I'd never even THINK about negatively addressing a reader like he has been lately. He is his own worst problem right now. I actually politely attempted to explain that to him on twitter today and he got all bitchy and said "unfollow is easy to do" and shit like that. Not a great way to increase your exposure/clicks/readership.

He definitely needs to skip reading Twitter if he can't handle the back and forth. To be fair, he's just a guy like the rest of us, and he has a breaking point, too. Or maybe he's just having a bad week. The more exposure he gets, the more people are going to have things to say to him. He's just got to accept that a certain percentage will always go after him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 02:20

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Also, I don't need or want him to be a sunshine optimist. But when there are obvious disparities in things like, for example, poor officiating that negatively affects MSU, or a laughable imbalance in coverage of the state's two most notable college coaches, if like to see him (or someone) call those things, too, but those examples are also easily seen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:22

I'm ready to just unfollow him and write him off. Same with Graham Couch. GC wrote some shit article prior to the season about MSU football, I clicked and read about three sentences and two of them mentioned Harbaugh, so I bailed and told him it was shit on twitter. JRex replied and told me that I was missing a great article, blah, blah, blah. I replied that I'd rather read about MSU football and they both got all fucking pissy.

Fuck those guys.

I'm not crying #BlueWall or anything. I'm just saying, if you want me to read your shit, as an MSU fan, write about MSU shit and don't cry when I call you an idiot for writing stupid shit. Dudes in those kinds of position should be able to ignore the noise. I know I could. I'm actually kinda amazed at the level of bitchyness that Rexrode is putting on display lately. For fucks sake, nobody gives a fuck about your feelings, Joe. Scribble up some good articles, put them on the fucking internet, and shut the fucking fuck up, you bitch. Is that so hard?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 02:24

Joe Rexrode 502811600 I just realized that Heat or SRC made a change in the board programming so that whenever someone writes "b l o w e r" it's changed to "optimist."
For example: Sunshine optimist; Leaf optimist
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 02:24

Joe Rexrode 502811600 Leaf optimist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:26

cock optimist
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 02:26

lmfao
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-14, 02:31

tTy wrote:I'm ready to just unfollow him and write him off. Same with Graham Couch. GC wrote some shit article prior to the season about MSU football, I clicked and read about three sentences and two of them mentioned Harbaugh, so I bailed and told him it was shit on twitter. JRex replied and told me that I was missing a great article, blah, blah, blah. I replied that I'd rather read about MSU football and they both got all fucking pissy.

Fuck those guys.

I'm not crying #BlueWall or anything. I'm just saying, if you want me to read your shit, as an MSU fan, write about MSU shit and don't cry when I call you an idiot for writing stupid shit. Dudes in those kinds of position should be able to ignore the noise. I know I could. I'm actually kinda amazed at the level of bitchyness that Rexrode is putting on display lately. For fucks sake, nobody gives a fuck about your feelings, Joe. Scribble up some good articles, put them on the fucking internet, and shut the fucking fuck up, you bitch. Is that so hard?

It shouldn't be so difficult, no. Either he'll grow thicker skin, become an even bigger pussy about criticism, or it'll eat him up so much he'll leave the business.

I'm off to bed now. No deer to bag in the morning for me, but there are leaves and garden shit to bag. It's going to be a day of listening to the game on radio.

Good luck this weekend!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-14, 04:37

Tell me if this is journalism and why it's needed in the blue wall papers?

"The Wolverines never trailed and led by 10 at the half against a team that was within five at the half in an exhibition against Michigan State last week."
Detroit News article about Michigan's triumph over instate foe, NMU

Seriously. You can say I'm thin skinned or whatever, but when you constantly read shit like that it just becomes frustrating.

These fuckers are cheerleaders for Michigan. They have to realize that. Fuck it I'm done clicking and reading.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-14, 08:22

I stopped reading the freep and detnews and I don't miss it. Those papers suck. I was upset when my Facebook feed had a trending story about harbaugh told someone steaks are how you get bigger. Fuck those papers and fuck the cult of harbaugh.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-14, 08:25

Rexrode is miserable. He works the least-skilled beat (sports) for a hated large corporation for low pay. It's like being the dude who answers the phones at Comcast.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-14, 08:57

Giant Moose wrote:Rexrode is miserable. He works the least-skilled beat (sports) for a hated large corporation for low pay. It's like being the dude who answers the phones at Comcast.

The other side of it is the audience, way too many fanatical fans with a voice these days. College sports is like a cult where people get irate over a very unstable process like recruiting, have melt downs over shoe contracts, moralize over education, then you have the shitty reffing and the blue bloods breaking all of the rules under the corrupt NCAA. it has to be a shitty job.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-14, 09:16

Agree with with Ty.  It does Joe no good to engage the twits who are going to criticize no matter what.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-11-14, 12:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damned spell check)
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-14, 10:25

DWags wrote:Tell me if this is journalism and why it's needed in the blue wall papers?

"The Wolverines never trailed and led by 10 at the half against a team that was within five at the half in an exhibition against Michigan State last week."
Detroit News article about Michigan's triumph over instate foe, NMU

Seriously. You can say I'm thin skinned or whatever, but when you constantly read shit like that it just becomes frustrating.

These fuckers are cheerleaders for Michigan. They have to realize that. Fuck it I'm done clicking and reading.

The slappy writer is measuring UM by comparing them to Michigan State. Granted the comparative analysis is kind of a stretch (using an exhibition game), but the point remains...he is using MSU as a measuring stick. If slappy UM fans eat that up, I don't find it frustrating...I think it's awesome. We are so in their heads.

cheers

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-14, 21:05

And then Tanfan sends him a shot when Rexrode is out to eat with family. Oy. Rolling Eyes
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-14, 21:14

SpartanInNH wrote:And then Tanfan sends him a shot when Rexrode is out to eat with family.  Oy.  Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/joerexrode/status/665712518166421504

Joe Rexrode CT0WAgKWcAAvY4r
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-14, 21:20

Fake.

Tanfan would not have capitalized the F.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-14, 21:35

Yeah that's tanfan about as much as the SD kid is tanfan.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-11-15, 01:03

Yeah, I am sure Tanner sent that to him in a restaurant in Michigan while being in Florida.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-11-15, 01:05

I hate Tanfan sooooooo much! Joe Rexrode 1896033241
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 01:10

Rexrode is very likely taking this = hook, line and sinker. I've pretty much lost all respect I've had for him. He's nothing but a bitch.

This has NOTHING to do with what he writes in his articles, it has everything to do with the fact that he is actually a totally insecure pompous fuck wad. If I were that guy, I wouldn't give any of us buttholes the time of day. Ever. What a bitch.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-11-15, 01:47

tTy wrote:Rexrode is very likely taking this = hook, line and sinker. I've pretty much lost all respect I've had for him. He's nothing but a bitch.

This has NOTHING to do with what he writes in his articles, it has everything to do with the fact that he is actually a totally insecure pompous fuck wad. If I were that guy, I wouldn't give any of us buttholes the time of day. Ever. What a bitch.

I'm sure he doesn't give a flying fuck. He's a chubby guy doing what he loves. I hope we all find that kind of happiness
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-15, 02:18

Ass Dan wrote:
tTy wrote:Rexrode is very likely taking this = hook, line and sinker. I've pretty much lost all respect I've had for him. He's nothing but a bitch.

I'm sure he doesn't give a flying fuck. He's a chubby guy doing what he loves. I hope we all find that kind of happiness

He's a dick. Fuck him. Not reading his shit anymore because he's a bitch. Has nothing to do with his ability to write a decent article, it has everything to do with him being a sensitive little fuckwad pussy assed bitch. No respect.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-15, 10:08

SpartanInNH wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:And then Tanfan sends him a shot when Rexrode is out to eat with family.  Oy.  Rolling Eyes

Creepy
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-15, 10:42

Tanner has more class than that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2015-11-15, 11:27

SpartanInNH wrote:

Had Joe drank that he'd have probably woken up in a bathtub full of ice with stitches on his side and one less kidney in his body.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-15, 11:28

tTy wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

He's a dick.  Fuck him.  Not reading his shit anymore because he's a bitch.  Has nothing to do with his ability to write a decent article, it has everything to do with him being a sensitive little fuckwad pussy assed bitch.  No respect.
Someone is getting awfully worked up about a beat writer. Who gives a fuck.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-15, 11:39

Rocinante wrote:Tanner has more class than that.

Pfft.

lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down