Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

+19
Vlad
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Code_Warrior
GRR Spartan
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
tanfan!
duffy munn
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
DWags
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

Post by By-Tor 2015-11-20, 12:15

OSU 34 MSU 21

Our ST coverage is still a disaster. If OSU is starting every possession from the 35-40 we are effing toast.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 12:16

I feel very good about tomorrow's games.. I mean, really good.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-20, 12:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I feel very good about tomorrow's games.. I mean, really good.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 3 3493939353

NOW I'm ready!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-20, 12:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Come on guys. OSU didn't have a passing attack in 2013. And we were a LOT better on the defensive side of the ball. Our starting corners on that team were both first round picks.

They had more talent. They did lose.

No they didn't.  Msu was the best team in the nation that year.  This year the talent gap is huge in the secondary.  But my point which flew directly over your head was Osu has struggled at times this year but in the end their superior talent pays off with a win against all of their opponents.  

That was the point.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I feel very good about tomorrow's games.. I mean, really good.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 3 3493939353

NOW I'm ready!
one thing is for sure, I can give a pep talk....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-20, 13:04

Tanfan! wrote:

They had more talent. They did lose.

No they didn't.  Msu was the best team in the nation that year.  This year the talent gap is huge in the secondary.  But my point which flew directly over your head was Osu has struggled at times this year but in the end their superior talent pays off with a win against all of their opponents.  

That was the point.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 3 502811600 Get the fuck out of here. I'm sure you were saying that before they played the 2013 game too, right?

Let's take a look at how Ohio State fared that year, compared to this year.

42-14 against Indiana
60-35 against Illinois
56-0 against Purdue
63-14 against Penn State

This year:
34-27 against Indiana
28-3 against Illinois
38-10 against Penn State
Didn't play Purdue but let's just say they beat Minny by 14, Maryland 49-28.

I for one, am shaking in my boots. You showed me Tanny.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 13:30

Tanfan! wrote:

That was the point.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 3 502811600 Get the fuck out of here. I'm sure you were saying that before they played the 2013 game too, right?

42-14 against Indiana
60-35 against Illinois
56-0 against Purdue
63-14 against Penn State

This year:
34-27 against Indiana
28-3 against Illinois
38-10 against Penn State

OSU had a much better offense in 2013.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-20, 13:32

NigelUno wrote:

42-14 against Indiana
60-35 against Illinois
56-0 against Purdue
63-14 against Penn State

This year:
34-27 against Indiana
28-3 against Illinois
38-10 against Penn State

OSU had a much better offense in 2013.  

That's a fact, considering they were scoring 8 more points or so a game.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-20, 14:21

Tanfan! wrote:

That was the point.

42-14 against Indiana
60-35 against Illinois
56-0 against Purdue
63-14 against Penn State

This year:
34-27 against Indiana
28-3 against Illinois
38-10 against Penn State

Revisionist history for Tanner. I'm sure he was giving MSU little or no chance against OSU in 2013.

But since he was responsible for both the B1G title win and the Rose Bowl win ( no way MSU accomplishes either without him in the stands ) Now MSU was the best team in the nation in 2013 and better than OSU going into Indy.

Comical.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 14:25

duffy munn wrote:

42-14 against Indiana
60-35 against Illinois
56-0 against Purdue
63-14 against Penn State

This year:
34-27 against Indiana
28-3 against Illinois
38-10 against Penn State

Revisionist history for Tanner. I'm sure he was giving MSU little or no chance against OSU in 2013.

But since he was responsible for both the B1G title win and the Rose Bowl win ( no way MSU accomplishes either without him in the stands ) Now MSU was the best team in the nation in 2013 and better than OSU going into Indy.

Comical.
I still have my National Championship t-shirt..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-20, 14:28

duffy munn wrote:For the people saying we are overmatched, don't have nearly the same talent and it will take a near miracle to win........

What has OSU shown you this year that convinces they are so great ? Did you watch them against Northern Illinois, Maryland and Indiana ?

Good God you would think they are the 85 Bears.

They're beatable.
My premise is centered around JT Barrett. As you know, he only took over as the starter the week before his suspension.  I think he is very, very good and much more equipped to run that offense and maximize the talent around him. I expect him to get rolling at some point (and IMO he would already be there if not for the suspension) and pick up where he left off in EL last year. 

JTB presents a run/pass dynamic that is much more dangerous than what Braxton or Cardale Jones can. Offensive football is about creating run/pass conflict. When you can truly do that, well, you can score 7 TDs in a row. 

I just hope he's not quite there yet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 14:30

God, WBH, you sound like a huge pussy. Who shit in your cornflakes?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-20, 14:33

Rocinante wrote:God, WBH, you sound like a huge pussy. Who shit in your cornflakes?
I don't do message board bravado man. What the fuck? I have to act like I think we're going to kick everyone's teeth in even if my brain is telling me otherwise? I have to fake it? Or just shut up so you guys can fake it? Fuck that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 14:33

Rocinante wrote:God, WBH, you sound like a huge pussy. Who shit in your cornflakes?
I think he's trying to minimize our expectations so much that if Kevin Cronin manages to get through the national anthem without tearing his ACL, it'll be a victory.

Kevin Cronin.. man, I'm gonna keep on lovin' that guy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 14:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
I don't do message board bravado man. What the fuck? I have to act like I think we're going to kick everyone's teeth in even if my brain is telling me otherwise? I have to fake it? Or just shut up so you guys can fake it? Fuck that.
for the record, you're free to say whatever you want around me. Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 14:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

JTB is the kind of QB that we usually struggle with (as do most teams). Given that, I'd rather have him playing QB than Miller.

I hope it's windy and rainy. I think Cook is more accurate. We might have to roll the dice and concentrate on shutting down the run.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 14:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

y'know, I've heard you have nuanced takes on games before, this one just seems really really certain that there's just no way MSU can hang with the juggernaut that just beat Indiana, Rutgers and Minnesota? I, like many, don't see it as that cut and dry. You seem to. I'm just wondering why? You "hope they don't put it all together?" Is that sound analysis?  Sounds like defeated talk to me and no  more reasonable than most of the win predictions.

Last edited by Rocinante on 2015-11-20, 14:59; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-20, 14:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
duffy munn wrote:For the people saying we are overmatched, don't have nearly the same talent and it will take a near miracle to win........

What has OSU shown you this year that convinces they are so great ? Did you watch them against Northern Illinois, Maryland and Indiana ?

Good God you would think they are the 85 Bears.

They're beatable.
My premise is centered around JT Barrett. As you know, he only took over as the starter the week before his suspension.  I think he is very, very good and much more equipped to run that offense and maximize the talent around him. I expect him to get rolling at some point (and IMO he would already be there if not for the suspension) and pick up where he left off in EL last year. 

JTB presents a run/pass dynamic that is much more dangerous than what Braxton or Cardale Jones can. Offensive football is about creating run/pass conflict. When you can truly do that, well, you can score 7 TDs in a row. 

Fair. Barrett is good, no question. So is Connor Cook ( if healthy).

I give OSU the edge at running back and the secondary.

After that, I don't see where they are markedly better than MSU.

I think you are over selling the Buckeyes and under selling the Spartans.

Coach D will have us ready and we will compete. To hear you say it, MSU should not even bother showing up.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-20, 15:10

Rocinante wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

y'know, I've heard you have nuanced takes on games before, this one just seems really really certain that there's just no way MSU can hang with the juggernaut that just beat Indiana, Rutgers and Minnesota? I, like many, don't see it as that cut and dry. You seem to. I'm just wondering why? You "hope they don't put it all together?" Is that sound analysis?  Sounds like defeated talk to me and no  more reasonable than most of the win predictions.
I'm not saying there's no way. 

This is the only team on our schedule that has a decisive edge in talent over us. That's a fact but some of you seem to be unwilling to admit that. 

That can be overcome in certain circumstances. I don't thing those circumstances line up favorably for us right now at this particular point in time. 

It's football analysis. Take it or leave it. You all are choosing to leave it and telling me to shut the fuck up. That's fine but don't ask me what the fuck is wrong with me for having a reasoned, logical sports take. 

JT Barrett is really fucking good. Our defense is banged up, thin in the secondary and frankly not all that great. It is very reasonable to conclude that a 3 headed offensive attack with a dangerous runner at QB, a dangerous passer at QB who can drop dimes over our DBs heads on 3rd and 22 in a perfect spot, and perhaps the best RB in the nation will be in a good position to take advantage of our defense.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 15:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

This is the only team on our schedule that has a decisive edge in talent over us. That's a fact but some of you seem to be unwilling to admit that. 

That can be overcome in certain circumstances. I don't thing those circumstances line up favorably for us right now at this particular point in time. 

It's football analysis. Take it or leave it. You all are choosing to leave it and telling me to shut the fuck up. That's fine but don't ask me what the fuck is wrong with me for having a reasoned, logical sports take. 

JT Barrett is really fucking good. Our defense is banged up, thin in the secondary and frankly not all that great. It is very reasonable to conclude that a 3 headed offensive attack with a dangerous runner at QB, a dangerous passer at QB who can drop dimes over our DBs heads on 3rd and 22 in a perfect spot, and perhaps the best RB in the nation will be in a good position to take advantage of our defense.
and you wonder why people hate you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 15:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

How is it reasoned when they haven't dominated pretty much anyone? Here's the thing. I'm saying MSU will win with no explanation. So it's taken as a given that I'm a homer. You're like listing out the many reasons MSU will lose, but they seem to boil down to "they are good and we are not as good". You seem to have this image of them based on... nothing. MSU's O-line D-line combo was touted at the beginning of the year as possibly the best in the country. That hasn't proven out either, but where are your expectations that that talent will emerge at some point? It's just weird to me that you're so certain OSU is so much more talented than MSU. Neither has been dominant, and it bit MSU against Nebraska. Bottom line, to me is that you are hyping OSU ans discounting the talent that MSU has... and calling it "reasoned analysis." Okay.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-11-20, 15:48

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Coach D will have us ready and we will compete. To hear you say it, MSU should not even bother showing up.
You don't see that OSU is markedly better at ST? I can say that without knowing a goddamned thing about their ST unit.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-20, 15:56

By-Tor wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You don't see that OSU is markedly better at ST? I can say that without knowing a goddamned thing about their ST unit.

LOL. My bad. So OSU is better at RB, secondary and special teams.

I still maintain that they are not world beaters and sooooo much more talented than MSU.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-11-20, 16:00

The wet conditions is a nightmare for us.

OSU 34 MSU 17.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 16:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

But, prior to this post you were just kind of talking about "signs".
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 16:07

By-Tor wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

FG's:

MSU 8-12
OSU 7-12
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-20, 16:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Comical.
I still have my National Championship t-shirt..

I've seen you once and the shirt you were wearing said Michigan State..,,

Minus the State and the green and white.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-20, 16:21

Rocinante wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

How is it reasoned when they haven't dominated pretty much anyone?  Here's the thing.  I'm saying MSU will win with no explanation.  So it's taken as a given that I'm a homer.  You're like listing out the many reasons MSU will lose, but they seem to boil down to "they are good and we are not as good".  You seem to have this image of them based on... nothing.  MSU's O-line D-line combo was touted at the beginning of the year as possibly the best in the country.  That hasn't proven out either, but where are your expectations that that talent will emerge at some point?  It's just weird to me that you're so certain OSU is so much more talented than MSU.  Neither has been dominant, and it bit MSU against Nebraska. Bottom line, to me is that you are hyping OSU ans discounting the talent that MSU has... and calling it "reasoned analysis."  Okay.

No, it's based on watching a JT Barrett led team dominate last year on TV, last year in EL against a very good team, and this year when he has started and played significant minutes. Barrett is the better player, better QB and better fit for their system and talent.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 16:22

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I still have my National Championship t-shirt..

I've seen you once and the shirt you were wearing said Michigan State..,,

Minus the State and the green and white.

Bob?

Say it ain't so.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-20, 16:30

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I'm talking about Vegas signs in addition to some analysis from football types that I trust. There were some of the same signs going into the UM game but not to this extent. That always concerns me. Public is on a 2 TD underdog and sharps are laying points. Pros don't lay that many points typically, especially in a conference game with a semblance of a rivalry. They're looking to take the dog or lay off.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 16:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'm talking about Vegas signs in addition to some analysis from football types that I trust. There were some of the same signs going into the UM game but not to this extent. That always concerns me. Public is on a 2 TD underdog and sharps are laying points. Pros don't lay that many points typically, especially in a conference game with a semblance of a rivalry. They're looking to take the dog or lay off.

Maybe they think Cook is hurt.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-20, 16:41

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

They might. They usually have good info. I hope he's not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 16:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

They might. They usually have good info. I hope he's not.

How do you know "sharps" are betting on OSU? Maybe OSU has bettors that traditionally wager more money on their team? Or more on big games? Or more on big games at home?

And is that really an indication of who is going to win (other than the big spread)?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 16:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

How is it reasoned when they haven't dominated pretty much anyone?  Here's the thing.  I'm saying MSU will win with no explanation.  So it's taken as a given that I'm a homer.  You're like listing out the many reasons MSU will lose, but they seem to boil down to "they are good and we are not as good".  You seem to have this image of them based on... nothing.  MSU's O-line D-line combo was touted at the beginning of the year as possibly the best in the country.  That hasn't proven out either, but where are your expectations that that talent will emerge at some point?  It's just weird to me that you're so certain OSU is so much more talented than MSU.  Neither has been dominant, and it bit MSU against Nebraska. Bottom line, to me is that you are hyping OSU ans discounting the talent that MSU has... and calling it "reasoned analysis."  Okay.

No, it's based on watching a JT Barrett led team dominate last year on TV, last year in EL against a very good team, and this year when he has started and played significant minutes. Barrett is the better player, better QB and better fit for their system and talent.

So his performance last year against MSU means he will do it again? MSU's coverage against good teams was bad last year. Do you think it will be worse? If some of those blitzes find paydirt then that whole game is completely different. Plus, now you have MM up front causing havok. I have also read a significant amount of statistical analysis on vegas betting lines as a real predictor of outcomes and my general take on that is that they are not... and neither are betting trends. But whatever. One of us is going to have some gloating material come tomorrow night.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 16:57

Rocinante wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

So his performance last year against MSU means he will do it again? MSU's coverage against good teams was bad last year. Do you think it will be worse? If some of those blitzes find paydirt then that whole game is completely different. Plus, now you have MM up front causing havok. I have also read a significant amount of statistical analysis on vegas betting lines as a real predictor of outcomes and my general take on that is that they are not... and neither are betting trends. But whatever. One of us is going to have some gloating material come tomorrow night.

I think there are certain teams that get more action (i.e., their fans bet more on them, compared to other team's fans). I would bet OSU is one of those teams.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-11-20, 19:30

NigelUno wrote:
By-Tor wrote:You don't see that OSU is markedly better at ST? I can say that without knowing a goddamned thing about their ST unit.

FG's:

MSU 8-12
OSU 7-12
That settles it. We have better special teams
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 19:57

By-Tor wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

FG's:

MSU 8-12
OSU 7-12
That settles it. We have better special teams
Just confirming that you didn't know a goddamned thing...about FGs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-20, 20:44

Tanfan! wrote:

That was the point.

42-14 against Indiana
60-35 against Illinois
56-0 against Purdue
63-14 against Penn State

This year:
34-27 against Indiana
28-3 against Illinois
38-10 against Penn State

God are you a stupid fuck. It's not even worth debating you. You don't get it. Muffy is so full of hate. You keep missing my point. Osu had better talent across the board against all of their competition. That's why they have keep winning even when they aren't playing their A game. Now in 2013 msu was the best team in the country.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-20, 20:46

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

You are such a tool.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-20, 20:49

duffy munn wrote:

42-14 against Indiana
60-35 against Illinois
56-0 against Purdue
63-14 against Penn State

This year:
34-27 against Indiana
28-3 against Illinois
38-10 against Penn State

Comical.

Muffy. You weren't there. I flew up to support our team. You blew off the cotton bowl too. You're a shitty fan looking for upvotes and a sactimonious hypocrite. Fire anastos.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next