Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread

4 posters

Go down

tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread Empty tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread

Post by Three_Putt_Par Thu 8 May 2014 - 22:33

So a good friend of mine growing up who lived right across the street let me know he's getting married this fall. I will be standing up. Today he texts me the date, October 25th. **** this. I was REALLY looking forward to going back to EL for that game this fall (live on the west coast). Looks like now it may be the OSU or Nebraska game, if any game at all. What a huge buzz kill.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread Empty Re: tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread

Post by Jaheab Thu 8 May 2014 - 22:51

My cousin and the she-beast he is settling down are getting hitched Nov 8. His sister got married the day of the 10-6 Iowa game. They didn't even have the decency to get a TV for the game. I ended up drunkenly throwing a highball glass across the parking lot of the Plymouth Italian Family Center & Banquet Hall while listening on the radio

I told the family I won't be attending fuckhead's wedding and suggested we jettison that wing from the family tree.
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread Empty Re: tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread

Post by Jaheab Thu 8 May 2014 - 23:02

Oh, yeah and if that shitstain ever asks to use an extra ticket again I will laugh in his face and tell him he should've married a better woman.
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 8 May 2014 - 23:10

Guys, I am old. Let me try to impart some advice.

People have different priorities. Theirs are likely not the same as yours. It's pretty simple. If you prioritize MSU football over attending their wedding, skip it. Make up an excuse if you must, send a check. They won't miss you. Make a choice, stand behind your choice and move on.

This is your first lesson in understanding that the world does not revolve around you. Survive and advance.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Thu 8 May 2014 - 23:22

Three_Putt_Par wrote:So a good friend of mine growing up who lived right across the street let me know he's getting married this fall. I will be standing up. Today he texts me the date, October 25th. **** this. I was REALLY looking forward to going back to EL for that game this fall (live on the west coast). Looks like now it may be the OSU or Nebraska game, if any game at all. What a huge buzz kill.

i got a save the date card for the same day.   i've missed it before- son's birth, grandmas funeral, friends wedding, etc.   like white boy said- people have different priorities....cant believe my wife's grandma decided to die that weekend. and its my own damn fault for knocking up my wife before looking at the football schedule. that one's on me
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par Fri 9 May 2014 - 0:49

I realize I'm selfish and take MSU football too seriously. When you think about it though, weddings are somewhat selfish themselves. People do have different priorities. Just sucks when you're planning a weekend trip back to EL for a game in Spartan Stadium for the first time in 2 years and then you find out this. Thought tSwill would be the only place to understand  tOfficial complain about wedding dates in 2014 thread 502811600 O well, the only solution is to get slammed and try to have a good time at the wedding.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down