Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And things were going so well in the Middle East

+11
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Toe
The_Dude
DWags
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 Empty Re: And things were going so well in the Middle East

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 12:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Updating the pick em makes my balls tingle.

So you got it this week?

Nah

Edit- maybe later if it's a problem for you. I just have to finish working at my full time job first. Then do errands and shit. But if you really can't do it tonight then I might be able to later. Let me know
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 Empty Re: And things were going so well in the Middle East

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 12:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Why are there grapes with the turkey? Disgusting. Fucking bush.
funny thing about that, other than the America hater christian carrying the turkey, is that the turkey was plastic. Total photo op.

And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 502811600

Funny thing about your statement - false. Once again you resort to lies about those you oppose.

Claim: President Bush posed with a plastic turkey while visiting U.S. troops in Iraq on Thanksgiving in 2003.

Those recollections are wrong, though: The turkey on that platter was indeed an actual cooked bird, not one made of plastic or any other artificial material.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 12:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:funny thing about that, other than the America hater christian carrying the turkey, is that the turkey was plastic. Total photo op.

Funny thing about your statement - false. Once again you resort to lies about those you oppose.

Claim: President Bush posed with a plastic turkey while visiting U.S. troops in Iraq on Thanksgiving in 2003.

Those recollections are wrong, though: The turkey on that platter was indeed an actual cooked bird, not one made of plastic or any other artificial material.
I bet if you searched the internet long enough, you'd be able to find some honest person willing to invest some money for you.. maybe a Nigerian prince.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 12:24

the funniest thing about the right wing representation in this thread - among MANY funny things - is how absolutely terrified they - the macho, truck-drivin', huntin', fishin', god-lovin', gun-totin' tough guys are.. and how they seem live every day of their life in fear and paranoia..  And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 502811600

anyway - I feel bad for ya. But, hey, it's your choice. And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-24, 12:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So you got it this week?

Nah

Edit- maybe later if it's a problem for you. I just have to finish working at my full time job first. Then do errands and shit. But if you really can't do it tonight then I might be able to later. Let me know

I was fucking with you. It'll be out tonight. Preciate the offer doe.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 12:29

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:funny thing about that, other than the America hater christian carrying the turkey, is that the turkey was plastic. Total photo op.

You know goose, if I had said that that picture was fake you would have said "actually no it isn't. But I understand that is a generally accepted thing. Here's a link showing that it's actually a real turkey. Good day to you sir." But since it was Bob he is "resorting to lies about those he opposes."

I dunno. I think it's pretty obvious that Bob just heard something that was actually incorrect (something that at the end of the day isn't important at all and wouldn't be worth looking into further) and passed it along. Resorting to lies may be a bit of an exaggeration.

You should say you're sorry.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 12:57

LooseGoose wrote:

You know goose, if I had said that that picture was fake you would have said "actually no it isn't. But I understand that is a generally accepted thing. Here's a link showing that it's actually a real turkey. Good day to you sir." But since it was Bob he is "resorting to lies about those he opposes."

I dunno. I think it's pretty obvious that Bob just heard something that was actually incorrect (something that at the end of the day isn't important at all and wouldn't be worth looking into further) and passed it along. Resorting to lies may be a bit of an exaggeration.

meh - he's allowed to believe and say what he wants.. I don't really take the message boards that seriously. I think he's kind of lonely.

oh - and check this out.. here's a link that says that the moon landing was staged..

You can find anything on the internet to support your views
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 13:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

meh - he's allowed to believe and say what he wants.. I don't really take the message boards that seriously. I think he's kind of lonely.

oh - and check this out.. here's a link that says that the moon landing was staged..

I just wanted to see if I could get goose to apologize to you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-11-24, 13:03

I'm a democrat and at this point in time. All things considered, it is a ridiculous idea to accept Syrian refugees. Especially adult males. If you can't see the simplicity in the reasoning and factors why, you just don't get it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh - he's allowed to believe and say what he wants.. I don't really take the message boards that seriously. I think he's kind of lonely.

I just wanted to see if I could get goose to apologize to you.

thanks, man - luckily I don't really value the opinion of people who have such a distorted view on reality. So, in a bizarre sort of way, an apology from someone like that would feel more like an insult.

you're a great American, though. And a damn fine Spartan. I can't wait for the game this weekend.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:07

kingstonlake wrote:I'm a democrat and at this point in time. All things considered, it is a ridiculous idea to accept Syrian refugees. Especially adult males. If you can't see the simplicity in the reasoning and factors why, you just don't get it.
well, of course the chance of an undesirable personality getting through the screening process is a concern. However, I don't see the patriotic gun enthusiasts all that upset when a white kid shoots up a church or a school or a movie theater.

So, in my mind, their moral credibility is pretty well damaged relative to their sudden concern for the safety of Americans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 13:09

At the end of the day on the refuge thing, I guess I don't really know shit about our screening process. Could they come up with something that will all but guarantee that no terror raptors get in? If so, then let them in. If not, then they probably shouldn't do that.

I'm not going to pretend that I even have the slightest understanding of our screening process though. I can guess. But I don't really know.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:11

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-24, 13:16

The_Dude wrote:Yes just what society needs...more uneducated masses that are takers and not producers.

Liberalism is great..until you run out of OTHER people's money.

Stop patting yourself on the back. You are as uneducated as a person with a college degree can get.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:21

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Yes just what society needs...more uneducated masses that are takers and not producers.

Liberalism is great..until you run out of OTHER people's money.

Stop patting yourself on the back. You are as uneducated as a person with a college degree can get.
he's sort of like the kid in elementary school that eats paste in the corner of the classroom. He seems happy and oblivious to his surroundings.. so you just let him be.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-24, 13:25

As long as he is happy...that's all that matters.

In other news, should I be more scared of Mulims or angry, entitled white males who are mad because the law allows women to do things in public unaccompanied by men?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-11-24, 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-24, 13:26

Toe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So this thread is off to a great start. And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 502811600

I know you're not that stupid.

I really wanted to get people's opinion on Turkey shooting down a Russian fighter jet. Stupid of me to think this wouldn't turn into yet another Bob vs. Goose slap fest.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-11-24, 13:31

Turtleneck wrote:As long as he is happy...that's all that matters.

In other news, should I be more scared of Mulims or angry, entitled white males who are mad because the law allows women to do things in public unaccompanied by men?

At its very best it's an intolerant belief system grotesquely oppressive to women
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Toe wrote:

I really wanted to get people's opinion on Turkey shooting down a Russian fighter jet. Stupid of me to think this wouldn't turn into yet another Bob vs. Goose slap fest.
I don't really know details. I doubt many do at this point. Sounds like Turkey got tired of Russia trying to be the bully in the region and demonstrated that when they flew into their airspace.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-24, 13:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Toe wrote:

1. Putin entered a rabbit hole in Syria. Strategically it seemed like a rational move to protect Russia's sphere of influence and remain a global player. Long term I suspect Putin will regret committing to this mess.
2. Turkey is a member of NATO.  This stands to worsen Russian relations with NATO. Maybe not, but the potential is there. I suppose they can't get much worse, as NATO enlargement combined with others forms on Western encroachment paved the way for the mess in the Ukraine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 13:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the funniest thing about the right wing representation in this thread - among MANY funny things - is how absolutely terrified they - the macho, truck-drivin', huntin', fishin', god-lovin', gun-totin' tough guys are.. and how they seem live every day of their life in fear and paranoia..  And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 502811600

anyway - I feel bad for ya. But, hey, it's your choice. And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 3493939353

So you have more credibility than Snopes? And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946 And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946 And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946

Carry on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the funniest thing about the right wing representation in this thread - among MANY funny things - is how absolutely terrified they - the macho, truck-drivin', huntin', fishin', god-lovin', gun-totin' tough guys are.. and how they seem live every day of their life in fear and paranoia..  And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 502811600

So you have more credibility than Snopes?    And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946 And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946 And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946

Carry on.
just make sure you have your guns so you can pertekt yourself from them mean people that you're so terrified of..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 13:53

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm very sorry for what I said earlier Bob.

Ftfy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 13:53

LooseGoose wrote:

So - he lied, I called him on it and I should apologize? Yeah that makes sense to me.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 13:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So you have more credibility than Snopes?    And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946 And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946 And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1966794946

Carry on.
just make sure you have your guns so you can pertekt yourself from them mean people that you're so terrified of..

I don't own a single gun.  Carry on.

Keep posting and you'll be right eventually - sort of like Blanch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 13:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm very sorry for what I said earlier Bob. .

I'm very sorry too. Let's get snowcones

Ftfy too.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2015-11-24, 13:56; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

well you should get one.. not sure if you heard, but that uppity black fella is lettin' all the brown people in.. Shocked And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1550444538
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:56

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

well you should get one.. not sure if you heard, but that uppity black fella is lettin' all the brown people in.. Shocked And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1550444538

How many have you offered to shelter?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:59

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:well you should get one.. not sure if you heard, but that uppity black fella is lettin' all the brown people in..  Shocked    And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 1550444538

How many have you offered to shelter?
none. I may be stupid, but I ain't crazy. Fox News told me that not only are they a bunch of rabid dogs, but that some might even have ebola.

Fox News is like that.. just filled floor to ceiling with good christian folks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-11-24, 14:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I don't really know details. I doubt many do at this point. Sounds like Turkey got tired of Russia trying to be the bully in the region and demonstrated that when they flew into their airspace.
Russia says that they were in Syrian airspace. Turkey says they were in Syrian airspace. Either could doctor their records to provide proof. But reading between the lines on some things, it would appear that Russia is correct and Turkey is full of shit.

Surely the US knows the real answer, whichever it is, as I have to assume that we have 100% AWACS coverage over the area. But Obama stopped short of saying that Russia violated Turkish airspace. He said Turkey has a right to defend it's airspace, and that Russia operating close to the border was the problem. He didn't say Russia crossed over the border. On the one hand, that by itself could mean that he didn't want to call out Russia if he's trying to work with Russia to go after ISIS. On the other hand, Obama went on to say that Russia was operating close to the Turkish border because they were going after moderate opposition groups....in other words, the ones that the US supports. So I'm thinking that Obama is saying, "Look Mr. Putin, yes they shot your guys down over Syrian airspace, but you were close enough to the border that it can at least be construed as threatening. While that alone doesn't justify them shooting you down, you were attacking our peeps in Syria at the time, so choke on a big bag of ISIS dicks you KGB fuck face."

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 14:31

I just don't know how that damn socialist muslim Obama could allow this to happen.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-24, 14:45

So much for that united front against ISIS eh?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 14:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't really know details. I doubt many do at this point. Sounds like Turkey got tired of Russia trying to be the bully in the region and demonstrated that when they flew into their airspace.
Russia says that they were in Syrian airspace. Turkey says they were in Syrian airspace. Either could doctor their records to provide proof. But reading between the lines on some things, it would appear that Russia is correct and Turkey is full of shit.

Surely the US knows the real answer, whichever it is, as I have to assume that we have 100% AWACS coverage over the area. But Obama stopped short of saying that Russia violated Turkish airspace. He said Turkey has a right to defend it's airspace, and that Russia operating close to the border was the problem. He didn't say Russia crossed over the border. On the one hand, that by itself could mean that he didn't want to call out Russia if he's trying to work with Russia to go after ISIS. On the other hand, Obama went on to say that Russia was operating close to the Turkish border because they were going after moderate opposition groups....in other words, the ones that the US supports. So I'm thinking that Obama is saying, "Look Mr. Putin, yes they shot your guys down over Syrian airspace, but you were close enough to the border that it can at least be construed as threatening. While that alone doesn't justify them shooting you down, you were attacking our peeps in Syria at the time, so choke on a big bag of ISIS dicks you KGB fuck face."

At least Russia can protest with a clear conscience.

And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 MalaysianJetShotDown-11
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-24, 14:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So much for that united front against ISIS eh?

Russia entered Syria to help prop up the Assad regime. Rather than exclusvely targeting ISIS, Russia was equally inclined to target non-ISIS rebels (even if those rebels were also fighting ISIS). Russia shifted toward ISIS following the Paris attacks, but they are primarily interested in ensuring Assad stays in power. Any Russian commitment to concentrating exclusively on ISIS should be viewed with skepticism.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 18:27

As our Oracle of Bullshit tries to tell us it's just crazy right wingers that are opposing refugees....

Sweden slams shut its open-door policy towards refugees

Canada: On second thought, we’ll just take Syrian men with wives and children

And that notorious right wing rag Mother Jones weighs in.....
Liberals Should Knock Off the Mockery Over Calls to Limit Syrian Refugees

Cillizza has some poll numbers to back this up, but he's right in more ways than just that. Here's the thing: to the average person, it seems perfectly reasonable to be suspicious of admitting Syrian refugees to the country. We know that ISIS would like to attack the US. We know that ISIS probably has the wherewithal to infiltrate a few of its people into the flood of refugees. And most voters have no idea how easy it is to get past US screening. They probably figure it's pretty easy.

So to them it doesn't seem xenophobic or crazy to call for an end to accepting Syrian refugees. It seems like simple common sense. After all, things changed after Paris.

Mocking Republicans over this—as liberals spent much of yesterday doing on my Twitter stream—seems absurdly out of touch to a lot of people. Not just wingnut tea partiers, either, but plenty of ordinary centrists too. It makes them wonder if Democrats seriously see no problem here. Do they care at all about national security? Are they really that detached from reality?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-24, 20:11

Sorry, I'm scared of ebola
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-25, 07:46

diggin' how Obama's presidency has been so positive that the right wing patriots blame him for violence in Paris and a skirmish between Russia and Turkey..

And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 3493939353

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-25, 09:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:diggin' how Obama's presidency has been so positive that the right wing patriots blame him for violence in Paris and a skirmish between Russia and Turkey..

Got any links?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-25, 09:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:diggin' how Obama's presidency has been so positive that the right wing patriots blame him for violence in Paris and a skirmish between Russia and Turkey..

Got any links?
yeah.. there is this one link that tells us that the plastic turkey Bush used for his photo op wasn't actually plastic.. And things were going so well in the Middle East - Page 2 502811600

some crazy things on the internet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next