Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy

+32
Frank Ricard
ErnieMcCracken
SpartanInNH
DWags
LoneWolfSparty
Drugs Delaney
GTA Spartan
Youngblood 96
tig ol bitties
Snake Plissken
SeeRockCity
duffy munn
Rocinante
Sparty11
Bizarro Fletch
WhiteBoyHatcher
Green Note
Danny Tanner
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
CrazySparty
steveschneider
Cosmo_Kramer
Death Roe
tanfan!
MasonGuy
Brock Middlebrook
tTito
TrueGreenSpartan
Turtleneck
36 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 Empty Re: Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:12

Heat Miser wrote:

Why would I want you to leave? We're having fun aren't we?

You seem mad, but it's hard to tell through a MB.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 Empty Re: Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 12:14

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

I didn't compile a list, I could see down votes appearing here and there. I just took the screenshot of ghost's post.

To be clear, you were not concerned about yourself being downvoted?

And you don't care about downvotes?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:21

NigelUno wrote:

To be clear, you were not concerned about yourself being downvoted?

And you don't care about downvotes?

To be clear, I was just trying to figure out what was happening, we were told that function had been turned off, but I could see people being downvoted, people other than me. I brought the issue to the board as advised by the Board Steward. I thought that was the right thing to do given my interpretation of the "spirit" or motivation behind the creation of tSwill. Maybe I was wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 12:24

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

To be clear, I was just trying to figure out what was happening, we were told that function had been turned off, but I could see people being downvoted, people other than me.  I brought the issue to the board as advised by the Board Steward.  I thought that was the right thing to do given my interpretation of the "spirit" or motivation behind the creation of tSwill. Maybe I was wrong.

I'll number these in an attempt to get you to answer them:

1. Were you concerned that you were being downvoted?
2. Do you care about downvotes?

A simple yes or no for each will suffice.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 12:24

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

To be clear, I was just trying to figure out what was happening, we were told that function had been turned off, but I could see people being downvoted, people other than me.  I brought the issue to the board as advised by the Board Steward.  I thought that was the right thing to do given my interpretation of the "spirit" or motivation behind the creation of tSwill. Maybe I was wrong.

That being the case, I'm not sure RPMcM did anything wrong. Got proof? Also, how'd you go from -8 or something to positive 4 in just this morning? scratch 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 12:25

NigelUno wrote:

1.  Were you concerned that you were being downvoted?
2.  Do you care about downvotes?

Nigel,

you just passed 1000 points  Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 1550444538 Shocked
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 12:27

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

Nigel,

you just passed 1000 points  Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 1550444538 Shocked

I'm a scorer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:35

NigelUno wrote:

1. Were you concerned that you were being downvoted?
2. Do you care about downvotes?

Sorry, Nigel. I know you're sec-general and all, but you don't dictate the terms of conversation.

I wasn't being downvoted when I brought the issue to SRC and Miser, nor when I brought it to the board. I guess I care about DVs to the degree that I thought someone was exploiting the system and I thought others might like to know.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-09, 12:36

You guys are all so fucking weird.  Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 1966794946 
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-09, 12:36

Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVn52RaDyIa2dru2sYH5-XWXsbweSTG7xYhLpYqFYiVLehtEQS
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-05-09, 12:38

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

There's no right or wrong. You can bring whatever you want to the board, and people can rip you for it. The fact that you're bothered by both what is the right or wrong thing to do here, and that you're butthurt over people giving you shit about it, just shows why you're failing here. No surprise, really, you always seemed to enjoy having over-active mods that you could go whining to.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:40

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

That being the case, I'm not sure RPMcM did anything wrong. Got proof? Also, how'd you go from -8 or something to positive 4 in just this morning? scratch 

Thank you, TGS. The proof is in the screen shots that I posted.

As for the change in my "rep"? Dunno. Trust me, if I had schticks Miser would have booted me already. I guess I received a few "likes" or whatever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
There's no right or wrong.  You can bring whatever you want to the board, and people can rip you for it.  The fact that you're bothered by both what is the right or wrong thing to do here, and that you're butthurt over people giving you shit about it, just shows why you're failing here.  No surprise, really, you always seemed to enjoy having over-active mods that you could go whining to.

Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 Article-2560646-1B8B060700000578-848_634x422
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 12:42

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

Sorry, Nigel. I know you're sec-general and all, but you don't dictate the terms of conversation.

I wasn't being downvoted when I brought the issue to SRC and Miser, nor when I brought it to the board.  I guess I care about DVs to the degree that I thought someone was exploiting the system and I thought others might like to know.

I'm not dictating the terms of conversation. I asked you some questions. You refuse to answer them. People can read into that what they want.

I appreciate that you are concerned with the well being of all posters who may (or may not) have been impacted by the (possible) exploitation of the voting system.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-09, 12:43

Someone will have to explain to me how this thread is any different than tRCMB
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:45

NigelUno wrote:

I'm not dictating the terms of conversation.  I asked you some questions.  You refuse to answer them.  People can read into that what they want.

I appreciate that you are concerned with the well being of all posters who may (or may not) have been impacted by the (possible) exploitation of the voting system.      

So I still haven't answered the questions to your satisfaction? LOL

Objection your honor, sec-gen is obviously badgering the witness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparty11 2014-05-09, 12:45

Rashoman
Sparty11
Sparty11
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 12:45

CrazySparty wrote:Someone will have to explain to me how this thread is any different than tRCMB

Other than RP would have been banned by now?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 12:46

CrazySparty wrote:Someone will have to explain to me how this thread is any different than tRCMB

You think raising concerns about board performance (when apparently it was semi-purposeful) would be allowed on tRCMB? lol! 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-09, 12:46

Like the entire board itself...no banning or censorship.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-09, 12:47

NigelUno wrote:

Nah, Tanfan would've been banned before RP.

I guess the thread also would've been locked by now, but the content of thread is still the same pissing and moaning about downvotes/upvotes that allegedly made tRCMB such a hell hole
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:47

NigelUno wrote:

Maybe, or maybe the mods would show some appreciation to poster trying to help out. Hard to say.

Last edited by R.P. McMurphy on 2014-05-09, 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 12:47

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

So I still haven't answered the questions to your satisfaction? LOL

Objection your honor, sec-gen is obviously badgering the witness.

You didn't answer the questions at all. I thought you might. I was wrong.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 12:50

NigelUno wrote:

You didn't answer the questions at all.  I thought you might.  I was wrong.

Of course I did, I just didn't use the "yes or no" format you dictated.

Objection sustained, sec-gen, please try to make a point. Or move on. Thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 12:57

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

Of course I did, I just didn't use the "yes or no" format you dictated.

Objection sustained, sec-gen, please try to make a point. Or move on. Thank you.

You are the witness and the judge?

Interesting.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 12:59

Yeah R.P., unless you are liking this torment, you'd be better off walking away. Nigel ALWAYS has to have the last word it's kinda part of his m.o. Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 2599972566
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 13:00

NigelUno wrote:

You are the witness and the judge?

Interesting.

Actually, witness, judge and defense attorney. I raised the initial objection.

This board truly is magical.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-09, 13:03

Nigel and Rash - two posters physically incapable of conceding the final word in internet debates with absolutely no point. Glad to see this awesome aspect of tRCMB hasn't changed!

Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 13:04

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:Yeah R.P., unless you are liking this torment, you'd be better off walking away.  Nigel ALWAYS has to have the last word it's kinda part of his m.o. Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 2599972566

Dude, I know I didn't do anything wrong. If these guys want to argue we can have at it.

Ironic. This thread was started with a claim that nobody responds to my posts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-09, 13:05

Heat Miser wrote:

Like the entire board itself...no banning or censorship.

And the pages here don't take 5 seconds to load.  Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 328670334 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 13:05

Bizarro Fletch wrote:Nigel and Rash - two posters physically incapable of conceding the final word in internet debates with absolutely no point. Glad to see this awesome aspect of tRCMB hasn't changed!

and......around.......we.......go............. Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 1550444538 Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 1494614055 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 13:06

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:Yeah R.P., unless you are liking this torment, you'd be better off walking away.  Nigel ALWAYS has to have the last word it's kinda part of his m.o. Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 2599972566

He already walked away by not answering 2 very specific questions.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 13:07

Bizarro Fletch wrote:Nigel and Rash - two posters physically incapable of conceding the final word in internet debates with absolutely no point. Glad to see this awesome aspect of tRCMB hasn't changed!

Debate is pretty much over, when one of the combatants won't answer specific questions.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 13:08

NigelUno wrote:

He already walked away by not answering 2 very specific questions.

could you both keep your responses to something simple like

No I didn't

and

Yes you did

So we can all keep up with this stimulated debate? Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 1837840279 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 13:08

Reminds me of you and bullwrinkle on wells. Big egos?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-09, 13:08

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

could you both keep your responses to something simple like

No I didn't

and

Yes you did

So we can all keep up with this stimulated debate? Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 1837840279 

I tried 2 simple yes or no questions. Maybe you missed that?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 13:11

Dang, I guess I should have listened to you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-05-09, 13:11

R.P. McMurphy wrote:

Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 Article-2560646-1B8B060700000578-848_634x422
A lovely young lady. You going to pretend to put me on ignore over here, too, you traitor?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-09, 13:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:
A lovely young lady.  You going to pretend to put me on ignore over here, too, you traitor?

You maaaad.

Question re: Swill poster R.P. Murphy  - Page 3 Online-sportsbooks-favor-brazil-world-cup-trophy-in-2014-thumb
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 13:14

NigelUno wrote:

I tried 2 simple yes or no questions.  Maybe you missed that?

I have no bone in this chest thumping fight but just because a person doesn't answer in the fashion requested or give the answer desired does not, in fact, mean the question wasn't answered.
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next