Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here are your CFB playoff rankings going into CCG week

+7
DoogieHouser
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
Herbie Green
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
11 posters

Go down

Here are your CFB playoff rankings going into CCG week Empty Here are your CFB playoff rankings going into CCG week

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-28, 23:19

1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Okie
4. Iowa
5. MSU
6. OSU
7. Tree
8. FSU
9. UNC

Right? I mean it's pretty clear. 
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Here are your CFB playoff rankings going into CCG week Empty Re: Here are your CFB playoff rankings going into CCG week

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-28, 23:23

Bama should drop, but won't.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Here are your CFB playoff rankings going into CCG week Empty Re: Here are your CFB playoff rankings going into CCG week

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-01, 21:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Okie
4. Iowa
5. MSU
6. OSU
7. Tree
8. FSU
9. UNC

I underestimated the stupidity of the committee. 

Actual 8-10:

8. ND
9. FSU
10. UNC

What I can infer from this (but again may be underestimating the PoC's stupidity).

No chance to make playoff - FSU, UNC and anyone below them including Florida

First team in if Clemson or Bama falters will be - Stanford or OSU. I would guess OSU here. Logic would dictate Stanford if they win but I have a feeling it would be OSU. 

If Clemson AND Bama falter and Stanford wins you're looking at (IMO):

1. Oklahoma
2. B1G CCG winner
3. Stanford
4. OSU

If Clemson and Bama and Stanford lose you'e lookat (again IMO):

1. Okie
2. B1G
3. OSU
4. ND

I don't really want to see OSU in. And I would welcome an opportunity to play and beat Bama. I'm rooting for chalk on Saturday.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-12-01, 21:37

I refuse to believe OSU has any chance. It does seem like they are propping up Stanford but who knows if UNC beats #1
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-01, 21:45

If either bama or Clemson lose (unlikely) then it'll be Stanford. If both lose (impossible. I mean, possible I guess. But impossible.) it'll be unc and Stanford.

OSU is out. These rankings are just a fun way of making OSU feel good and make sure their fans are watching ESPN next week.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-12-01, 21:50

Call me crazy but OSU is the last team I want to face right now. I think we match up reasonably well with anyone else in the nation but OSU would be a scary rematch
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-12-01, 21:51

IMO we're #1 if we win and Clemson loses
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-01, 21:53

I disagree with both of you guys (Herb and Travis). I don't see any way they're going to pop UNC that far up the rankings. You can give me the test case from last year about the last week switcheroo but I think it had everything to do with OSU being a bonafide brand and the way that they curbstomped us and more importantly Wiscy. I don't think a UNC or a Michigan State is afforded the same courtesy as a brand like OSU or Bama. If anything the behind the scenes manipulation last year in the last week showed me that they're going to move things around to get the matchups that (someone else) wants. The MSU/MSU swap last year made ZERO sense. 

This is why I believe OSU gets in over Stanford primarily. I could be wrong on that but there's no way if both Clem and Bama lose that UNC jumps OSU. No fucking way. You might have been able to sell me if UNC had jumped up to 7 or 8 this week - which they would have if they had been a bigger brand -  but no chance with them at 10. 

I was just making fun of some of you dudes for conspiracy theories earlier today but I think if it's close here, since it's subjective and top secret, dollars win out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-01, 21:55

Tim Wakefield wrote:Call me crazy but OSU is the last team I want to face right now. I think we match up reasonably well with anyone else in the nation but OSU would be a scary rematch
Mostly agree but I'm the same guy who spent 2 days defending himself for having the gall to pick them at home when we played them. 

It's all about run/pass conflict. Oklahoma provides some of that. I think Clemson does, too. But none scare me like OSU.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-01, 21:55

I'll be rooting for Florida not because I fear Alabama but because of the sweetness of the Ess EEEEE Cee missing the playoff entirely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-01, 21:57

CORNER BLITZ wrote:IMO we're #1 if we win and Clemson loses
I agree with you but our opinions don't count. 

Was thinking about seedings if chalk holds and/or Clemson/Bama loses. We're still gonna slot below Clemson/Bama/Okie any way it shakes out. Possibility to slide up as high as 2 but most likely we're gonna be the 4 seed imo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-01, 22:11

I'm going to disagree with you then asshole.

Actually my opinion is based off of my opinion of how things should work, not necessarily how they would actually work.

My opinion is that there is no circumstance that exists in ever that a team that doesn't win its own conference should be allowed in the playoff. Ever. If there were two 9-4 conference champs then pick one of them. The thing is- I'm not interested in a "get the best 4 teams in" idea. I'm looking for a "let's find out who the best team is." Leaving conferences out does open up the possibility that a team has losses because their conference was actually that much better, and they really are the best team in the country for winning that conference.

You know what I can tell you about Ohio State? They aren't the best team in the big ten. Either Michigan State or Iowa is. Since they aren't the best team in their own conference, they don't deserve a shot at calling themselves the best in the country. We already know that that is impossible.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-01, 22:13

Note- I also think that we should disband the big 12 or the acc and merge them into the other conferences, creating 4 mega conferences that the compete in a 4 team "champions" playoff. With this weekend essentially being a quarterfinal.

Fuck Norte dame.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-01, 22:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm going to disagree with you then asshole.

Actually my opinion is based off of my opinion of how things should work, not necessarily how they would actually work.

My opinion is that there is no circumstance that exists in ever that a team that doesn't win its own conference should be allowed in the playoff. Ever. If there were two 9-4 conference champs then pick one of them. The thing is- I'm not interested in a "get the best 4 teams in" idea. I'm looking for a "let's find out who the best team is." Leaving conferences out does open up the possibility that a team has losses because their conference was actually that much better, and they really are the best team in the country for winning that conference.

You know what I can tell you about Ohio State? They aren't the best team in the big ten. Either Michigan State or Iowa is. Since they aren't the best team in their own conference, they don't deserve a shot at calling themselves the best in the country. We already know that that is impossible.
Agree with your premise and just know that I'm taking the opposite approach. I'm trying to predict what WILL happen not what SHOULD. 

Please note that I'm not very good at predicting what WILL happen.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-01, 22:19

And fwiw what SHOULD be the Top 4 in the rankings in the here and now (imo):

1. Clemson
2. Iowa
3. Oklahoma 
4. MSU
5. OSU
6. Bama
7. UNC
8. FSU
9. Stamford
10. WGAF
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-01, 22:27

Well then actually... I'm confident that Stanford would get in over OSU. Two teams losing enters into a situation that I think the committee really hopes just doesn't happen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-01, 22:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Well then actually... I'm confident that Stanford would get in over OSU. Two teams losing enters into a situation that I think the committee really hopes just doesn't happen.
If Stanford beats USC and either Bama or Clemson lose, I'm torn on it. I think it's really close but I think they give it to OSU. I wouldn't make any bold predictions but in my mind it's like 60/40 that they put OSU in.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-12-02, 00:42

If Stanford and UNC win I would put it at
54% Stanford, 45% UNC, 1% OSU. I will give them 1% just because the committee could do something crazy but maybe more like 0.1% I can't see it. Stanford is only 1 spot behind OSU now and will have won a conference championship game.
UNC they will say "well they didnt have the schedule before but they proved themselves". Remember in 2013 MSU jumped from #10 to #4 after beating OSU and that was with computers involved. I don't think a committee that values conference championship will have any problem putting a 12-1 UNC team that just beat the #1 team in the country ahead of an 11-1 OSU without as good a win or conference title.
Now if Florida actually beat Bama and USC beat Stanford then that is the one way OSU gets in. I guess I might actually have to root for Bama because I would rather have them than OSU. But Florida seems to suck anyway
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-02, 10:36

Herbie Green wrote:I refuse to believe OSU has any chance. It does seem like they are propping up Stanford but who knows if UNC beats #1

"Propping-up Stanford"...how so? http://newsok.com/article/5464111

"So Stanford at 11-2 would have one more loss than 11-1 Ohio State, but the Cardinal has one of the nation’s toughest schedules. Of Stanford’s 13 games, 12 will have come against fellow Power-5 conference opponents. The Cardinal played Northwestern and Notre Dame in the non-conference, plus a nine-game Pac-12 schedule."
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-02, 10:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If either bama or Clemson lose (unlikely) then it'll be Stanford. If both lose (impossible. I mean, possible I guess. But impossible.) it'll be unc and Stanford.

OSU is out. These rankings are just a fun way of making OSU feel good and make sure their fans are watching ESPN next week.
Tim Wakefield wrote:Call me crazy but OSU is the last team I want to face right now. I think we match up reasonably well with anyone else in the nation but OSU would be a scary rematch

With you 100%. I'd rather play Alabama than OSU again.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-02, 10:55

Herbie Green wrote:If Stanford and UNC win I would put it at
54% Stanford, 45% UNC, 1% OSU. I will give them 1% just because the committee could do something crazy but maybe more like 0.1% I can't see it. Stanford is only 1 spot behind OSU now and will have won a conference championship game.
UNC they will say "well they didnt have the schedule before but they proved themselves". Remember in 2013 MSU jumped from #10 to #4 after beating OSU and that was with computers involved. I don't think a committee that values conference championship will have any problem putting a 12-1 UNC team that just beat the #1 team in the country ahead of an 11-1 OSU without as good a win or conference title.
Now if Florida actually beat Bama and USC beat Stanford then that is the one way OSU gets in. I guess I might actually have to root for Bama because I would rather have them than OSU. But Florida seems to suck anyway

I'm with you on that, but never underestimate the power of Delaney and his goons.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-02, 11:10

with officiating and Delaney removed from the equation, we'd beat every team on that list by at least 2 touchdowns..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-12-02, 11:13

Here is how I think it could play out:

OU is in
MSU/Iowa winner is in
Bama is in, if they win
Clemson is in, if they win

If Bama or Clemson lose, then Tree is in (if they win)
If Bama and Clemson lose, then UNC and Tree (if they win) are in

the what the fuck scenario is what happens if Bama, Clemson & Stanford all lose?
I think that gets UNC in and then OSU (with OU/UNC & MSU/OSU semifinals, because the committee will never allow 2 B1G teams to play in the finale)

My reasoning in that last scenario is that UNC will have just beaten previously #1 ranked and undefeated Clemson, so they move up. And that leaves OSU as the best team remaining, with their only loss to now #2 ranked MSU in a rainy game.
No way a 4 loss USC gets in, and I think Florida getting manhandled by FSU last week ended their hopes of beating Bama to earn a spot.
Oh and just so I don't leave anyone out - Fuck Notre Dame (they can whine about being rated #5 or #6, 2 wins over ranked teams isn't going to get you in as an independent)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-02, 13:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Okie
4. Iowa
5. MSU
6. OSU
7. Tree
8. FSU
9. UNC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594963-bleacher-reports-week-14-college-football-playoff-predictions?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-12-02, 14:22

DoogieHouser wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594963-bleacher-reports-week-14-college-football-playoff-predictions?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

I'll see your Bleacher Report & raise you a 538Sports

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/college-football-week-14-preview/
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-02, 15:19

Wally Fairway wrote:
DoogieHouser wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594963-bleacher-reports-week-14-college-football-playoff-predictions?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

I'll see your Bleacher Report & raise you a 538Sports

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/college-football-week-14-preview/

I posted that already.You can't raise me. I'm unraiseable.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-12-02, 16:13

Wally Fairway wrote:Here is how I think it could play out:

OU is in
MSU/Iowa winner is in
Bama is in, if they win

I agree.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-02, 16:47

NigelUno wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:Here is how I think it could play out:

OU is in
MSU/Iowa winner is in
Bama is in, if they win

I agree.

That's too easy. How would you rank them?
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-02, 16:59

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/rankings/2015/11/30/college-football-computer-composite-ranking-alabama-clemson-ohio-state/76549912/

I just think Clemson is overrated. The ACC isn't a strong conference. Oklahoma would beat Clemson, and Alabama would beat MSU.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-03, 12:04

Cole Cubelic ‏@colecubelic 2h2 hours ago
Overall opponent record:
Alabama- 89-53
Mich St- 78-66
Stanford- 78-67
Oklahoma- 76-64
Ohio St- 74-71
Clemson- 72-70
UNC- 67-75
Iowa- 66-77
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down