Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week...

+6
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... Empty I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week...

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 08:54

...and grab the #4 spot.

What do you guys think?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... Empty Re: I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-07, 08:55

I don't really give a fuck if I'm honest with you nigel.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... Empty Re: I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week...

Post by duffy munn 2016-11-07, 09:00

13% chance
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-07, 09:01

33% chance.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-07, 09:14

duffy munn wrote:13% chance
cheers
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-07, 09:31

100-1
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-07, 10:07

Does anybody think maybe an undefeated big ten team doesn't get into the playoffs?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-11-07, 10:17

Not a chance in hell
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 10:30

kingstonlake wrote:Not a chance in hell

Bama (with 1 loss) jumped OSU last year (from 3 to 2) at this time.

And ND was 4 (with 1 loss), ahead of 3 undefeated teams.  

Washington will get in (anyway) if they go undefeated...Washington at #4 makes a better bracket anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-07, 10:34

It is not mathematically possible for a one loss team to be ranked ahead of an undefeated team.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 10:36

Herbie Green wrote:It is not mathematically possible for a one loss team to be ranked ahead of an undefeated team.

Look guys! Herbie has a sense of humor!

I think. Not very well developed, but he's trying.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-07, 10:47

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:It is not mathematically possible for a one loss team to be ranked ahead of an undefeated team.

Look guys! Herbie has a sense of humor!

I think. Not very well developed, but he's trying.

Dude you are batting 0 for 15,000 in that department
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-07, 10:50

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Look guys!  Herbie has a sense of humor!

I think.  Not very well developed, but he's trying.  

is that like 13%?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-07, 10:53

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

is that like 13%?

I will donate $100 to the charity of your cause if his next post is funny
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 11:08

Herbie Green wrote:It is pointless. These guys don't understand basic math.

I don't know how a college educated person could not understand that paying 100/1 on a bet they have a 13% chance of losing is a bad position. I mean I have a degree in math but this isn't really a difficult concept is it?

Suspect

Herbie Green wrote:No shit if we win the rest of the games we are in.

So...greater than 13%?

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 502811600

DWags? If you laugh, you get $100!!!

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-07, 11:16

Wow the old double quote post with references from some topic a year ago everyone wishes you would just STFU about because you already just ruined the board with it yesterday. Complete with two desperation smilies thrown in.

I am going to have to go with unfunny on that one Nigel. What the hell it was a 1 and 15,000+ shot you could pull it off

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 11:22

Herbie Green wrote:Wow the old double quote post with references from some topic a year ago everyone wishes you would just STFU about because you already just ruined the board with it yesterday. Complete with two desperation smilies thrown in.

I am going to have to go with unfunny on that one Nigel. What the hell it was a 1 and 15,000+ shot you could pull it off

I can see why you wouldn't think it was funny.

Therefore, you can't be a judge of whether it was humorous.

Seems a little odd that you want to abandon your math logic posts from yesterday (when you thought you were somehow right). I guess the concept was too difficult for you? Now, you get it though...as you kind of did last year (anyway). I'm sure VlaDECADES appreciates you sticking up for him (as fruitless as that turned out to be).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-07, 11:24

I didn't think it was that funny nigel. But this conversation bores me so I usually just kinda skim the posts. I might have missed the funny parts. Sorry if I did :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-07, 11:25

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Wow the old double quote post with references from some topic a year ago everyone wishes you would just STFU about because you already just ruined the board with it yesterday. Complete with two desperation smilies thrown in.

Seems a little odd that you want to abandon your math logic posts from yesterday (when you thought you were somehow right). I guess the concept was too difficult for you? Now, you get it though...as you kind of did last year (anyway). I'm sure VlaDECADES appreciates you sticking up for him (as fruitless as that turned out to be).

Now this is some real slapstick!
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 11:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I didn't think it was that funny nigel. But this conversation bores me so I usually just kinda skim the posts. I might have missed the funny parts. Sorry if I did :(

It's OK.

I think all of us miss the funny parts of your banter with Pylon too.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-07, 11:27

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I didn't think it was that funny nigel. But this conversation bores me so I usually just kinda skim the posts. I might have missed the funny parts. Sorry if I did :(

It's OK.

I didn't ask for judges of that. You asked nigel. I answered.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 11:28

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Now this is some real slapstick!

Herbie? We're trying to have actual sports discussions here. Can you please not continue with your obsessive personal agendas? Thanks in advance.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 11:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It's OK.

I didn't ask for judges of that. You asked nigel. I answered.

You seem confused. I didn't ask if you thought anything was funny.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-07, 11:31

NigelUno wrote:

It's OK.

lol!
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-07, 11:32

Settle down nigel you're being kind of weird again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-07, 13:01

NigelUno wrote:

It's OK.  

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 1f694
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-07, 13:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Settle down nigel you're being kind of weird again.

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 1f46e
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-07, 13:07

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Settle down nigel you're being kind of weird again.

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 1f46e

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 1f449  I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 1f44c
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-11-08, 20:52

NigelUno wrote:...and grab the #4 spot.  

What do you guys think?  

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-11-08, 23:32

Nigel's first attempted foray into actual sports discussion fails miserably. Color me green and fuck me like a cucumber.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-09, 07:32

I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 502811600

Oh, no! The committee made Washington #4! Not sure how I'll recover from this travesty!

If OSU wins out, they'll jump Washington.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-11-09, 08:29

What happens in a 3 way tie in the B1G East?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-09, 08:42

By-Tor wrote:What happens in a 3 way tie in the B1G East?

Highest ranked?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-09, 08:44

NigelUno wrote:I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 502811600

Oh, no! The committee made Washington #4! Not sure how I'll recover from this travesty!

Michigan or osu get in the playoff. Then if Michigan loses they hold their breath because they still could get in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-09, 08:51

DWags wrote:
By-Tor wrote:What happens in a 3 way tie in the B1G East?

Highest ranked?

Penn State gets eliminated because they lost to Pitt.

OSU/UM winner would go.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-09, 08:52

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I think OSU will jump Washington in the CFP Rankings this week... 502811600

Michigan or osu get in the playoff. Then if Michigan loses they hold their breath because they still could get in.

Having more than one team from a conference has never made sense, will never make sense and would never ever be the right way to do things... but if any two teams would make it happen it's those two.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-09, 08:54

DWags wrote:

Having more than one team from a conference has never made sense, will never make sense and would never ever be the right way to do things... but if any two teams would make it happen it's those two.

I think Washington would have to lose twice for UM to get in (if UM loses to OSU).  A 2 loss OSU team isn't getting in.

If Auburn beats Bama and wins out, and Washington loses a game (or two), and Bama only has 1 loss, and the Big 12 Champ doesn't get in...then Auburn and Bama would get in.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-11-09, 09:15

It's not a travesty. Just an error in evaluation. We kinda have a long standing tradition of bumping bad calls round here.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-09, 09:19

NigelUno wrote:

I think Washington would have to lose twice for UM to get in (if UM loses to OSU).  A 2 loss OSU team isn't getting in.

If Auburn beats Bama and wins out, and Washington loses a game (or two), and Bama only has 1 loss, and the Big 12 Champ doesn't get in...then Auburn and Bama would get in.

I haven't exactly gone through the scenarios due to a sudden apathy about college football... I'm just saying that the playoff should be limited to conference champions in its current 4 team state. If you want to make it then you should beat the teams you play. In michigans case, if osu wins then Michigan has already proven themselves not better than them so putting both teams in the playoffs is redundant.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-11-09, 09:23

Lots of football left. It's very possible that the PAC 12 has a final of Wazzou/Colo. That eliminates them. Big12 is basically out. That would leave ACC/B1G/SEC/at large. If UM loses a tight one in CBus then prepare for the onslaught of how they deserve to be in.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next