Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?

+11
Ass Dan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Vlad
steveschneider
Rocinante
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
Giant Moose
Blanch32
15 posters

Go down

Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?  Empty Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?

Post by Blanch32 Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 14:29

They are basically uofm part I I and we all know what it took to win that game.

Plus our special teams suck and like to spot ourl opponents 10 a game. Blowing them out we will not do!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?  Empty Re: Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?

Post by Giant Moose Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 14:31

Two words: Kirk Ferentz
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?  Empty Re: Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?

Post by Death Roe Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 14:32

This thread pretty much seals the deal. MSU wins easily.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 14:47

the only way Iowa can win is if the officials (or Delaney) are out to get us.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 14:48

Last time I got overconfident was when Blanch found out he wasn't banned on the rcmb and he'd be gone.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 14:50

Blanch32 wrote:They are basically uofm part I I and we all know what it took to win that game.

Plus our special teams suck and like to spot ourl opponents 10 a game. Blowing them out we will not do!

You do know that our special teams won the two biggest games this year, right ?

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 15:01

Blanch32 wrote:They are basically uofm part I I and we all know what it took to win that game.

Thank you.

Off to place my bet on MSU now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 15:10

No depth. MSU will pull away in the second half.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 15:10

Iowa travels well. Delaney knows this, and that scares me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 15:12

1. Our special teams suck less now than they did mid-season.
2. Predicting blowouts is stupid. If it happens great, but Vegas has us -3.5, and they're usually on the mark.
3. The secondary and the OL have shown major improvement over the past two weeks.
4. We have the big game experience, Iowa does not.

I still like us by 10. Not a blowout, but a convincing margin, UNLESS Iowa has the ability to spead our D out and run that spread/read-option BS.  I don't know enough about Iowa to know if they can do that, but if they're a coventional offense, we match up well.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 15:55

MSU by 14.

Iowa's offense is perfect for our defense and they don't blitz - Cook will have all day to throw.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 16:07

Vlad wrote:1. Our special teams suck less now than they did mid-season.
2. Predicting blowouts is stupid. If it happens great, but Vegas has us -3.5, and they're usually on the mark.
3. The secondary and the OL have shown major improvement over the past two weeks.
4. We have the big game experience, Iowa does not.

I still like us by 10. Not a blowout, but a convincing margin, UNLESS Iowa has the ability to spead our D out and run that spread/read-option BS.  I don't know enough about Iowa to know if they can do that, but if they're a coventional offense, we match up well.

Yeah, Iowa is not a spread option team. Line up and run at you and rollout passes. Whole lotta roll out passes.

On defense they Hardly ever blitz and rely on solid line play and a tough back end to get the job done.

I love cook to throw for 350 in this one
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 16:17

duffy munn wrote:

....yes I realize our special teams allowed uofm and osu in the game when there was 1 sec left on the clock
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 16:20

Why are you tools convinced Iowa cannot throw football? This game is indoors
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 16:37

signed, MSU v. Every single opponent this year.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 16:53

Blanch32 wrote:Why are you tools convinced Iowa cannot throw football? This game is indoors
#NoFlyZone

that is why.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 17:22

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

....yes I realize our special teams allowed uofm and osu in the game when there was 1 sec left on the clock
In the OSU game, we were 3 for 3 on touchbacks, the Hartbarger punted well and the punt team covered well, and of course we kicked the winning field goal. Yes, there was a bad snap on one kick that resulted in a missed field goal. And yes, Kings had a brain fart when the wind whipped the ball wide of him, but to say that our special teams suck makes it sound like you haven't watched our games the last few weeks. Not perfect, but our special teams hardly suck anymore. The biggest problems on special teams (punt coverage and kick coverage, both of which have a lot to do with the length and hangtime of the kicks) have been doing MUCH better.

To compare anything to the UM game is silly. We are flat out not the same team as we were up through the Nebraska game. The OL has gotten healthier (yes, they were all back for Nebraska, but they hadn't played together since early in Week 2--OL chemistry is CRUCIAL). The secondary has much improved (not great, but serviceable). The DL has been lights out. Our running game is coming around. In the last 3 games since Nebraska, we dominated OSU on the road without Cook, and we built leads and closed out the games we should have against Maryland and PSU, which is something that we were largely incapable of doing against anyone in September and October.

Of course, Iowa will be a tough game. 12-0 is extremely difficult to achieve, no matter what your schedule is (we are a perfect example). I'm not thinking it will be easy or even a cakewalk. But to compare our performance against UM to what we can expect versus them makes little sense.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 17:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Why are you tools convinced Iowa cannot throw football? This game is indoors
#NoFlyZone

that is why.

Bob you are surprisingly good at this. You ARE paying attention!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 17:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

In the OSU game, we were 3 for 3 on touchbacks, the Hartbarger punted well and the punt team covered well, and of course we kicked the winning field goal. Yes, there was a bad snap on one kick that resulted in a missed field goal. And yes, Kings had a brain fart when the wind whipped the ball wide of him, but to say that our special teams suck makes it sound like you haven't watched our games the last few weeks. Not perfect, but our special teams hardly suck anymore. The biggest problems on special teams (punt coverage and kick coverage, both of which have a lot to do with the length and hangtime of the kicks) have been doing MUCH better.

To compare anything to the UM game is silly. We are flat out not the same team as we were up through the Nebraska game. The OL has gotten healthier (yes, they were all back for Nebraska, but they hadn't played together since early in Week 2--OL chemistry is CRUCIAL). The secondary has much improved (not great, but serviceable). The DL has been lights out. Our running game is coming around. In the last 3 games since Nebraska, we dominated OSU on the road without Cook, and we built leads and closed out the games we should have against Maryland and PSU, which is something that we were largely incapable of doing against anyone in September and October.

Of course, Iowa will be a tough game. 12-0 is extremely difficult to achieve, no matter what your schedule is (we are a perfect example). I'm not thinking it will be easy or even a cakewalk. But to compare our performance against UM to what we can expect versus them makes little sense.

Folks we have a professional blowar on our hands here...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 17:32

Damn him for being optimistic.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 17:34

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:#NoFlyZone

that is why.

Bob you are surprisingly good at this. You ARE paying attention!
Why you dudes so over confident vs Iowa?  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 18:32

Death Roe wrote:Damn him for being optimistic.
Hell, I wasn't even being optimistic. I said it will be a tough game. But apparently in Blanch's mind if someone points out that the team is playing much differently now than they were 6 weeks ago, that's sunshine blowing.

But let's be honest, Blanch is just trying to get attention by regurgitating phrases from internet arguments from a decade ago, when he had some self-perceived relevance. I mean seriously, we've lost 4 fucking games in the last 3 years. If any MSU fan is not positive/optimistic about this program, then they have some serious mental issues. Sunshine Blowing and Demanding Excellence is a tired old argument that is completely irrelevant to MSU football in 2015.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 20:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Damn him for being optimistic.
Hell, I wasn't even being optimistic. I said it will be a tough game. But apparently in Blanch's mind if someone points out that the team is playing much differently now than they were 6 weeks ago, that's sunshine blowing.

But let's be honest, Blanch is just trying to get attention by regurgitating phrases from internet arguments from a decade ago, when he had some self-perceived relevance. I mean seriously, we've lost 4 fucking games in the last 3 years. If any MSU fan is not positive/optimistic about this program, then they have some serious mental issues. Sunshine Blowing and Demanding Excellence is a tired old argument that is completely irrelevant to MSU football in 2015.

The fact you think sunshine blowing ended in 2005.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 22:08

Blanch32 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

It's an argument from 2005, that is irrelevant today. This program is basking in the fucking sunshine, but you can't come up with new trolling material, so you revert to stuff from the past that other people came up with. What's next? You going to trot out the Same OL Spartans mantra?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 12:38

Blanch32 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

New material please.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 13:32

In their two biggest games of the year, Wisky and NU, their QB threw for under 100 yards on both?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 22:29

https://twitter.com/dru_chainz/status/672272676552056832
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down