Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old dudes: you cannot retire fast enough

+14
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
tGreenWay
SomeFanName
duffy munn
The_Dude
BleacherSwill
AnomanderRake
Death Roe
InTenSity
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

old dudes:  you cannot retire fast enough Empty old dudes: you cannot retire fast enough

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:12

especially in the mfg industry. you starch resistance to technology and the modern world has ruined this industry in the US. you are nothing but dead weight and should feel bad. that's is all.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

old dudes:  you cannot retire fast enough Empty Re: old dudes: you cannot retire fast enough

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:19

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Carry on like you always do though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

old dudes:  you cannot retire fast enough Empty Re: old dudes: you cannot retire fast enough

Post by kingstonlake Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:33

Says the bean counter.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Carry on like you always do though.

insightful as always.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:37

kingstonlake wrote:Says the bean counter.

I wish I had their computer skills and eye for detail....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:38

Blanch32 wrote:especially in the mfg industry.  you starch resistance to technology and the modern world has ruined this industry in the US.  you are nothing but dead weight and should feel bad.  that's is all.

You mean like using a spell checker or a dictionary?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:48

kingstonlake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:especially in the mfg industry.  you starch resistance to technology and the modern world has ruined this industry in the US.  you are nothing but dead weight and should feel bad.  that's is all.

Technically its all spelled correctly.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:53

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Carry on like you always do though.

insightful as always.

What do you want to know about? Process capability analysis? Thermodynamics? Tooling lifecycle analysis? Geometric dimensioning and tolerances? Preventative maintenance?

I could talk about this stuff, but with your skill set I'm pretty sure it'd all be lost on you. So why waste my time?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:54

kingstonlake wrote:

Like strict office hours, spelling is another baby boomer false edict
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

insightful as always.

What do you want to know about? Process capability analysis? Thermodynamics? Tooling lifecycle analysis? Geometric dimensioning and tolerances? Preventative maintenance?

I could talk about this stuff, but with your skill set I'm pretty sure it'd all be lost on you. So why waste my time?

Lol, i live all those except thermodynamics. then again, why use software when you can put it on a test stand for months at a time. another boomer fail.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 9:58

Isn't Blanche in his 40s? Dude is one of the oldest people here.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:01

The best plastics engineer I've ever worked with was a 70 year old dude that runs a small shop in Grand Haven. Age is just a number, there are great, highly intelligent workers in all age groups.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:04

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Lol, i live all those except thermodynamics.  then again, why use software when you can put it on a test stand for months at a time.  another boomer fail.

Real world tests before putting tooling into production? Fuck that, the parts should be perfect coming off the CNC. Right? No need for quality assurance. We could easily lose that department and put that money into Blanche R&D. Which I assume would be remote control finger blasters.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:08

Blanch32 wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Like strict office hours, spelling is another baby boomer false edict

Your stance on the manufacturing industry is ironic. With your history of working with your hands in questionable ways
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:10

Put old Blanche's girlfriend on a test bench. You won't be using it for quite some time.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:11

Blanch32 wrote:especially in the mfg industry. you starch resistance to technology and the modern world has ruined this industry in the US. you are nothing but dead weight and should feel bad. that's is all.

So I take it you are taking in the ass by some older dude (or woman) and you are jealous of their success, blame them for your failures, and are generally an all-around nuisance in a place where nobody likes you. If you are so fucking smart then go run your own company, but your are probably just a chicken shit complainer without any real ambition.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:20

BleacherSwill wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:especially in the mfg industry. you starch resistance to technology and the modern world has ruined this industry in the US. you are nothing but dead weight and should feel bad. that's is all.

So I take it you are taking in the ass by some older dude (or woman) and you are jealous of their success, blame them for your failures, and are generally an all-around nuisance in a place where nobody likes you. If you are so fucking smart then go run your own company, but your are probably just a chicken shit complainer without any real ambition.

This. I figured it out on my mid twenties that I wasnt happy humping it in corporate American for some management hacks to be up my ass all day. Started to work for myself, and answer to no one. I will never have a boss breathing down my neck the rest of my life, and Im not quite 30 yet.

First few years sucked, didnt know if I'd make it like all new businesses. But liberals worst fears came true...I put in long hours, and through hard work, I achieved success. I built it up.

Sorry Obama, but I was responsible for my success. Me and myself alone. Not my 5th grade teacher, not the plumber who installed plumbing in my office, not the carpenter who put up the dry wall. I built it. Suck it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:22

What a badass.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:43

Death Roe wrote:Isn't Blanche in his 40s? Dude is one of the oldest people here.

mid 50's
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeFanName Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:45

So you're old, and can't retire? Sucks dude
SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:48

SomeFanName wrote:So you're old, and can't retire? Sucks dude

He's renting a room above somebody's garage.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:52

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/health/retirement-working-longer.html?_r=0
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeFanName Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:53

SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Lol, i live all those except thermodynamics.  then again, why use software when you can put it on a test stand for months at a time.  another boomer fail.

Real world tests before putting tooling into production? Fuck that, the parts should be perfect coming off the CNC. Right? No need for quality assurance. We could easily lose that department and put that money into Blanche R&D. Which I assume would be remote control finger blasters.

Nah. firm believer in a strong quality dept. but not everything is automotive, so it needs to be scaled to the business.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:56

AnomanderRake wrote:The best plastics engineer I've ever worked with was a 70 year old dude that runs a small shop in Grand Haven. Age is just a number, there are great, highly intelligent workers in all age groups.

....AND probably had 12 week lead times, sky high pricing, and 10K moqs, and 60% OTD. the parts were perfect thought!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:57

BleacherSwill wrote:

yea that's it! lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 10:58

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Nah.   firm believer in a strong quality dept.  but not everything is automotive, so it needs to be scaled to the business.  

Today on a very special episode of Blanch Posts, Blanch drops the dumbass troll schtick to talk about American manufacturing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:05

duffy munn wrote:

carriage house
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Nah.   firm believer in a strong quality dept.  but not everything is automotive, so it needs to be scaled to the business.  

Today on a very special episode of Blanch Posts, Blanch drops the dumbass troll schtick to talk about American manufacturing.

This is where Trump can bury hillary on, but he's just too dumb to figure out how
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:09

Blanch32 wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:The best plastics engineer I've ever worked with was a 70 year old dude that runs a small shop in Grand Haven. Age is just a number, there are great, highly intelligent workers in all age groups.

....AND probably had 12 week lead times, sky high pricing, and 10K moqs, and 60% OTD. the parts were perfect thought!

None of the above is true actually. His tools were competitive in price and lead time, likely because he runs such a small shop with low overhead. I don't remember him ever missing a single delivery either, hands down one of the best suppliers I've ever worked with.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:12

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

carriage house

Baller.

How's your jumbo slam piece ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:25

BleacherSwill wrote:

Blanche wanted to get a dozen mixed variety donuts, but his boss wanted 12 of the same kind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 11:35

The_Dude wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

This. I figured it out on my mid twenties that I wasnt happy humping it in corporate American for some management hacks to be up my ass all day. Started to work for myself, and answer to no one. I will never have a boss breathing down my neck the rest of my life, and Im not quite 30 yet.

First few years sucked, didnt know if I'd make it like all new businesses. But liberals worst fears came true...I put in long hours, and through hard work, I achieved success. I built it up.

Sorry Obama, but I was responsible for my success. Me and myself alone. Not my 5th grade teacher, not the plumber who installed plumbing in my office, not the carpenter who put up the dry wall. I built it. Suck it.

What's it like to live life so obsessed?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 12:11

kingstonlake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You can achieve success through hard work. Sorry you dont feel that way and that the world is out to get you.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 12:13

The_Dude wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You can achieve success through hard work. Sorry you dont feel that way and that the world is out to get you.

Who runs your business when you are here all day bashing all things MSU and blowing Harbs ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 12:13

Isn't Blanch like 60?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 12:23

DWags wrote:Isn't Blanch like 60?

Banging fatties ages a guy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 12:24

The_Dude wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

So I take it you are taking in the ass by some older dude (or woman) and you are jealous of their success,  blame them for your failures, and are generally an all-around nuisance in a place where nobody likes you.    If you are so fucking smart then go run your own company, but your are probably just a chicken shit complainer without any real ambition.

This.  I figured it out on my mid twenties that I wasnt happy humping it in corporate American for some management hacks to be up my ass all day.  Started to work for myself, and answer to no one.  I will never have a boss breathing down my neck the rest of my life, and Im not quite 30 yet.

First few years sucked, didnt know if I'd make it like all new businesses.  But liberals worst fears came true...I put in long hours, and through hard work, I achieved success.  I built it up.  

Sorry Obama, but I was responsible for my success.  Me and myself alone.  Not my 5th grade teacher, not the plumber who installed plumbing in my office, not the carpenter who put up the dry wall.  I built it.  Suck it.
sounds like you should thank Obama for creating an environment that helped you become happy and successful.

Instead, you're supporting someone who wants to "Make America Great Again" which implicitly means that America isn't great which implicitly is in direct opposition to your story of being happy and independently successful.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 12:28

I'm old and have 24-30 year old engineers calling me to consult on their projects.  

There are things out in the workplace that still don't replace experience.  The issue I often see is total faith in computer programs and not physically visiting the site.  

For instance the program said 18' poles for a city streetscape.  Lighting was great on the layout but the engineer had never visited the site so he didn't know there are 4 blocks of 2nd floor residential apartments on every building except the movie theater and an old post office converted to a restaurant.  Add 26" fixtures and the light source was dead center in a shitload of front windows. (We dropped the poles to 15' so they fit between the 1st and second floor facade and added 4 poles)

My cousin had to delay his retirement from his medium size accounting firm because in his words, "The damnned new guys never read IRS bulletins, they just plug numbers into the program."  In his case he had a long time client with multiple businesses who would have ended up paying over $2M in taxes because of the firm's error and he really wanted the valuation before the client tried to take it out of their hide (and his since he was a principle)

Rave on blanch.  What makes you truly dangerous in factory settings is that you really think you know everything.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 12:31

AnomanderRake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

None of the above is true actually. His tools were competitive in price and lead time, likely because he runs such a small shop with low overhead. I don't remember him ever missing a single delivery either, hands down one of the best suppliers I've ever worked with.

Yea, against other midwest molders...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next