Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread - The Spartans Rise

+31
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteGreenShow
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
Ass Dan
tig ol bitties
tGreenWay
The_Dude
Snake Plissken
Dingleberryexplosion
Turtleneck
The Pantry
pulling69
InTenSity
DWags
Heat Miser
Code_Warrior
Gomer
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Giant Moose
steveschneider
Death Roe
I.B. Fine
GRR Spartan
tTy
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
Dr. Strangelove
Tim Wakefield
DoogieHouser
35 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise Empty tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread - The Spartans Rise

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:00

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise CVaf5WxUwAA7ePI
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise Empty Re: tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread - The Spartans Rise

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:01

Michigan State nears uncomfortable blue blood status
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise Empty Re: tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread - The Spartans Rise

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:02

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 4h4 hours ago
Pendleton update. Sounds better than I would have guessed.

Chris Solari @chrissolari
FB Trevon Pendleton was going through MSU's walk-through with a brace on his left knee, running routes and catching passes. #FWIW
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:04

Brad Salem ‏@CoachSalemMSU 5h5 hours ago
#GoGreen

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise CVaXHsvU8AAGYYL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:06

Scott Chipman ‏@BScottChipman 2h2 hours ago
Banners of first 4 #B1GFCG winners. Either Iowa or MSU will earn a banner tomorrow night.

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise CVa2gYAWcAAyC_W

That 2011 banner still grinds me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-04, 21:11

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan State nears uncomfortable blue blood status

Author conveniently ignores injuries to say that MSU played down to PU and Rutgers level.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:14

GreenandWhite.com ‏@LSJGreenWhite 2h2 hours ago
Mark Dantonio's message to team: Get your heart right, get your rest, then lay it all on the line. From @chrissolari http://on.lsj.com/1XOTqHP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:15

The 2015 Big Ten Football Championship Game from A to Z

G is for grouper. As in grouper sandwiches, which Ferentz recalled sharing with Dantonio the first time they met recruiting on the road. Dantonio was the defensive coordinator at Youngstown State at the time, while Ferentz served as the offensive line coach at Iowa.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2015-12-04, 21:35; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:17

Mike Mulholland ‏@mulho2mj
Malik McDowell didn't want to smile. So this was the best I got. Photos MSU's walkthrough: http://bit.ly/1Ql9v7t

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise CVavJXpWsAM5faB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:18

Compare & contrast: Michigan State, Iowa defensive units
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 21:19

Compare & contrast: Michigan State, Iowa offensive units
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-04, 21:41

LooseGoose wrote:GreenandWhite.com ‏@LSJGreenWhite 2h2 hours ago
Mark Dantonio's message to team: Get your heart right, get your rest, then lay it all on the line. From @chrissolari http://on.lsj.com/1XOTqHP

Mark's gotten very good at this big game prep. Confident they will be ready for a war.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-04, 22:44

Seniors' Indy lessons critical to Spartans' success
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 08:13

Michigan State-Iowa Gameday: TV channel, radio, how to watch the Big Ten title game

An especially important article for some members of our community.

GAME INFORMATION
• Who: Michigan State vs. Iowa
• When: 8:17 p.m.
• Where: Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis
• TV: FOX
• Radio: Spartan Sports Network, WJIM-AM (1240)/WMMQ-FM (94.9) in Lansing, WJR-AM (760) in Detroit, Sirius XM Ch. 82
• Twitter: Follow Mike Griffith and Kyle Austin
• Live updates: Join the MLive conversation at 7:30 p.m.
• Latest line: Michigan State −3 1/2
• Series record: Iowa leads, 23-20-2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 08:15

Seidel: Wild ride for MSU isn't over just yet
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 08:21

Detroit News predictions: Michigan State vs. Iowa
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 08:21

Niyo: National title within reach for Spartans

It started in 2010 when the university, with the help of an ad agency, adopted a new tagline. The previous one — “Advancing knowledge, transforming lives” — wasn’t exactly a position statement that set Michigan State apart. The current slogan — “Spartans Will,” with its open-ended double-entendre — certainly has, even if it, too, has generated criticism from some faculty members.

“I’m very concerned about making proclamations about exceptionalism,” MSU professor emeritus Frank Fear said in a speech on campus last spring, echoing the anxiety voiced by another distinguished professor in sociology, Lawrence Busch, among others.

Those two need to grow a pair.

But it’s also about the rise in university applications — up more than 30 percent in the last five years — that’s at least partly influenced by athletic success. (Applications from California spiked dramatically after the Spartans’ Rose Bowl win in 2013.)

Michigan State’s win at Ohio State two weeks ago was the highest-rated college football broadcast of the season, drawing more than 11 million viewers on ABC. The Spartans have been a part of three of the six most-watched games this season, including the wins over Oregon and Michigan.

Today will mark the fourth time this season that ESPN’s “College GameDay” crew — which travels to highlight a top matchup each week — will be at the site of one of Michigan State’s contests.

“Televised sports increase brand awareness for major universities far more than we could ever purchase,” Swain said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 08:33

Spartans see CFP dreams morph into reality

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-12-05, 08:40

You're a great Spartan, Goose.

So fucking pumped for this game
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-12-05, 08:42

Dantonio on GameDay at aprx 930 east
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 08:50

MSU vs. Iowa: Assessments, predictions mean nothing

EAST LANSING – There’s “no chance” for Iowa, says one ESPN analyst, and one from the Big Ten Network sees the Hawkeyes running into a “buzzsaw” called Michigan State in tonight’s Big Ten championship game.

Some Big Ten coaches analyzed anonymously for BTN.com this week, and one concluded of Iowa’s secondary that MSU’s Connor Cook “may sit back there and pick them apart.”

“If Connor Cook is on, they will beat Iowa,” another said.

I like the buzzsaw, but we better not get prideful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-05, 08:55

Football!!! Go Green! Go Gronze! Wwwwwoooooooooo!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-12-05, 09:26

.@CollegeGameDay schedule: 9:40 am - @DantonioMark interview w/ @sam_ponder; 10 am - @CFBPlayoff discussion; 11:10 am - #B1GFCG preview.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-05, 09:37

Tim Wakefield wrote:You're a great Spartan, Goose.

So fucking pumped for this game

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 3493939353 SO. FUCKING. PUMPED. LET'S ROLL.

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1833121890
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 09:58

Yeah, we're not their rival.

Let's Go Hawkeyes!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-05, 10:00

LooseGoose wrote:Yeah, we're not their rival.

Let's Go Hawkeyes!!!!

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 502811600 If that were the key, we'd never have lost to the fucking scummers.

Double-D
MGoPoints: 6678
Spartans Achilles Heel!

Iowa has the disrespekt. Go Hawks.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-05, 10:02

Let's Go Hawkeyes!!!!

tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1966794946 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1966794946 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1966794946 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1966794946 tOfficial Championship Saturday Game Thread  - The Spartans Rise 1966794946 I'm gasping for air here....

MotownGoBlue
MGoPoints: 3901

Must be eerie for Ruddddddddddock (had to get one in seeing so many people are going to miss that) if Iowa ends up in the play-off. Proud (of his boys) sad (he's not there) happy (he's at Michigan)? All of the above? I don't think I've heard anyone ask him about it.

Most importantly, GO HAWKS!!!!

December 5th, 2015 at 8:31 AM
(Reply to #4) #8
evenyoubrutus
MGoPoints: 36488

I think having a year as a starter coached by Harbaugh would trump watching his team make the playoff from the bench. Especially since there's a chance Harbaugh coached him into a late round of the draft.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-12-05, 10:03

Oh, god dammit, didn't see this thread.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-05, 10:05

Let's Go Hawkeyes!!!!

Suspect I... I.... Er.... Ummm.

December 5th, 2015 at 8:56 AM
(Reply to #7) #25
flashOverride
MGoPoints: 5452

I'd rather they just not have the opportunity. They have had a few sparse bumps in their road, but almost every time over the last 5 years when even my most objective assessment has told me State simply isn't the better team and I can rest easy that their "little run" is finally over, that team and their asshole coach end up telling us all to shove our analyses and on-paper stats up our asses. I have never seen a program apparently believe it should be the favorite in every game and if it's not, it's to be taken deeply personally, and they play like it. I almost feel like they seriously believe when they're an underdog or not getting media hype that Michigan is somehow behind it, and it just makes the fire burn hotter.

I feel like Iowa has a small chance of maybe catching them off guard, and if they don't, it could be a shocking and terrifying first several days of January. I sincerely believe if State gets in the Playoff, they will be the weakest team on paper and the least deserving by resume. And that will all mean precisely dick once the ball is kicked off. GO HAWKEYES
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-05, 10:10

It's MSU vs everyone else. Just the way Dantonio likes it.

Just win Baby!
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-12-05, 10:32

LooseGoose wrote:Niyo: National title within reach for Spartans

It started in 2010 when the university, with the help of an ad agency, adopted a new tagline. The previous one — “Advancing knowledge, transforming lives” — wasn’t exactly a position statement that set Michigan State apart. The current slogan — “Spartans Will,” with its open-ended double-entendre — certainly has, even if it, too, has generated criticism from some faculty members.

“I’m very concerned about making proclamations about exceptionalism,” MSU professor emeritus Frank Fear said in a speech on campus last spring, echoing the anxiety voiced by another distinguished professor in sociology, Lawrence Busch, among others.

But it’s also about the rise in university applications — up more than 30 percent in the last five years — that’s at least partly influenced by athletic success. (Applications from California spiked dramatically after the Spartans’ Rose Bowl win in 2013.)

Michigan State’s win at Ohio State two weeks ago was the highest-rated college football broadcast of the season, drawing more than 11 million viewers on ABC. The Spartans have been a part of three of the six most-watched games this season, including the wins over Oregon and Michigan.

Today will mark the fourth time this season that ESPN’s “College GameDay” crew — which travels to highlight a top matchup each week — will be at the site of one of Michigan State’s contests.

“Televised sports increase brand awareness for major universities far more than we could ever purchase,” Swain said.

What a couple of despicable weenies those 2 are above, so glad they have no say in the running of the Athletic Department.

I'm expecting the Spartans Will make a statement tonight and may hurt some Hawkeyes feelings, too bad.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-05, 10:34

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Niyo: National title within reach for Spartans

What a couple of despicable weenies those 2 are above, so glad they have no say in the running of the Athletic Department.

I'm expecting the Spartans Will make a statement tonight and may hurt some Hawkeyes feelings, too bad.

Is the double entendre he is talking about that it's both a slogan and the name of the greatest message board in the land?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 10:37

The tale of Dantonio, Ferentz and grouper sandwiches

But back in 1989, neither was thinking about such lofty goals. Part of it was because there was no national playoff then, but also because both were assistant coaches working their way up the coaching ladder.

Dantonio was the defensive coordinator at Youngstown State and Ferentz was an assistant coach at Iowa. They met when Dantonio was stalking Ferentz on the recruiting trail in Florida.

Well, stalking might be a bit strong, but everywhere Ferentz headed, Dantonio was right behind him.

“I got in my rental car,” Dantonio said at Friday’s news conference. “I didn’t know where I was going. No cell phones or GPS back then. I drove around behind the guy from Iowa, which was Kirk. I think we did that for almost two days.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-05, 10:43

LooseGoose wrote:The tale of Dantonio, Ferentz and grouper sandwiches

But back in 1989, neither was thinking about such lofty goals. Part of it was because there was no national playoff then, but also because both were assistant coaches working their way up the coaching ladder.

Dantonio was the defensive coordinator at Youngstown State and Ferentz was an assistant coach at Iowa. They met when Dantonio was stalking Ferentz on the recruiting trail in Florida.

Well, stalking might be a bit strong, but everywhere Ferentz headed, Dantonio was right behind him.

“I got in my rental car,” Dantonio said at Friday’s news conference. “I didn’t know where I was going. No cell phones or GPS back then. I drove around behind the guy from Iowa, which was Kirk. I think we did that for almost two days.”

What the actual fuck???!?

Mick McCabe wrote:Neither is going to win a news conference with pithy quotes or outrageous statements. Neither is going to have the No.1 recruiting class in the country and likely will end up with far more two- or three-star recruits than four- or five-star studs. And neither is going to be photographed shirtless playing football with high school kids at a summer camp.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-05, 10:46

LooseGoose wrote:Those two need to grow a pair.

The one guy's name is Fear, and he's clearly afraid of success. Probably never took a risk in his life.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-05, 11:24

Dienhart: Four keys to Michigan State's success tonight

1. Go deep. Look, Connor Cook is the best quarterback in the Big Ten. No one is gonna argue that. Heck, he’s one of the best in the nation. That’s why the Spartans need to chuck it deep vs. an Iowa secondary that is good—but not great. Desmond King is a ball hawk, but he isn’t Charles Woodson. And there isn’t a ton of athletic ability in the Iowa secondary to deal with uber wideout Aaron Burbridge. On top of all that, the Hawkeyes don’t have a fierce pass rush. What’s it mean? The Iowa secondary may struggle to keep pace with an athletic fleet of Spartan pass catchers, as Cook works unfettered in the pocket.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next