Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, success vs expectations vs disappointment: where is your line at?

+7
Vlad
Code_Warrior
NigelUno
Giant Moose
Rocinante
Blanch32
DWags
11 posters

Go down

So, success vs expectations vs disappointment:  where is your line at?   Empty So, success vs expectations vs disappointment: where is your line at?

Post by DWags Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:07 pm

I actually thought this team was the second best team Cook QB'ed at MSU. My actual expectation was a NY6 bowl with a loss to OSU. Success to me would be anything above that. I guess we're there now, but I can't say I won't be disappointed if we don't win at least one more.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, success vs expectations vs disappointment:  where is your line at?   Empty Re: So, success vs expectations vs disappointment: where is your line at?

Post by Blanch32 Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:09 pm

All all the teams left, and loss to Saban would sting the most. He would be Dantonio's unc
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, success vs expectations vs disappointment:  where is your line at?   Empty Re: So, success vs expectations vs disappointment: where is your line at?

Post by Rocinante Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:11 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about a close loss to Alabama. If they got blown out, I'd be pretty pissed though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Not going to lie - I expected a natty this year and we are 2 wins away. Crazy. With that said, if we lose a close one to Bama - just going to be disappointed and tip my hat to the squad. Like Roc said - a blow out would annoy.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not going to lie - I expected a natty this year and we are 2 wins away. Crazy. With that said, if we lose a close one to Bama - just going to be disappointed and tip my hat to the squad. Like Roc said - a blow out would annoy.
OTPT nailed it.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:23 pm

All gravy at this point.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not going to lie - I expected a natty this year and we are 2 wins away. Crazy. With that said, if we lose a close one to Bama - just going to be disappointed and tip my hat to the squad. Like Roc said - a blow out would annoy.
OTPT nailed it.

You mean when he said the exact same thing as I did?

I hate you guys.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
OTPT nailed it.

I hate you guys.

So, success vs expectations vs disappointment:  where is your line at?   502811600 So, success vs expectations vs disappointment:  where is your line at?   685334576
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:28 pm

DWags wrote:I actually thought this team was the second best team Cook QB'ed at MSU. My actual expectation was a NY6 bowl with a loss to OSU. Success to me would be anything above that. I guess we're there now, but I can't say I won't be disappointed if we don't win at least one more.

I will be very disappointed with a loss to Alabama. They blew us the fuck out last time we met. If they beat us by running the ball to Henry 45 times, Ill fucking lose it. Fuck. This is not even close to the best MSU team of the past 4 years but it's the closest we will be to a National Championship for a while. Ill be clinically depressed with a loss.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
OTPT nailed it.

I hate you guys.
I was going to make a joke about escalators but WY bother.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:34 pm

You guys who said you expected a NC, you actually thought, after osu's first game we would go into Columbus and win?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:36 pm

I want MSU to be competitive in every game they play and keep playing to the best of their abilities to the very end. If they can do that, then I can live with whatever the result is. I believe this team will be able to do that.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:44 pm

DWags wrote:You guys who said you expected a NC, you actually thought, after osu's first game we would go into Columbus and win?

I don't have to bump my thread again, do I wags? Natty in both sports. Write it down, whatever. So no, I wasn't scared of OSU after they beat a weak Va Tech team who had their back up QB in for half of the game.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:You guys who said you expected a NC, you actually thought, after osu's first game we would go into Columbus and win?

I don't have to bump my thread again, do I wags? Natty in both sports. Write it down, whatever. So no, I wasn't scared of OSU after they beat a weak Va Tech team who had their back up QB in for half of the game.

I was not as confident after week one. I actually more confident leading into the game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Yes. And then when we beat Oregon, that feeling increased. Obviously after Nebraska, that feeling wasn't there any more but the team did what it had to do and I think they are winning it all.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Not going to lie we need a NC so we can collect our massive winnings. Without those OTPT might have to get a job and I might have to eat dog food all winter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:17 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Not going to lie we need a NC so we can collect our massive winnings. Without those OTPT might have to get a job and I might have to eat dog food all winter.

I just want a hat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:33 pm

We're playing with house money at this point. Can't be disappointed, but have to agree that a blowout loss would suck.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm just glad to know that these fine young men have been occupying the same space of land that I once occupied before them. Win or lose, they're still Spartans and I could not be more fortunate.

I feel truly honored and humbled.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm just glad to know that these fine young men have been occupying the same space of land that I once occupied before them. Win or lose, they're still Spartans and I could not be more fortunate.

Have a good weekend Bob. Love love.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm just glad to know that these fine young men have been occupying the same space of land that I once occupied before them. Win or lose, they're still Spartans and I could not be more fortunate.

CHILLS! FUCKING CHILLS!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:55 pm

I honestly bought the hype, and thought we were going to run the table. Massive (talented) depth on OL and DL, Cook, 3 decent RB's, Ed Davis roaming the secondary and bringing the heat, ...........

So that and natty were my preseason expectations. Then injuries started to hit and I wondered if we could fuckin' beat scUM.

And then we did. So, success vs expectations vs disappointment:  where is your line at?   502811600

Nebraska was a disappointment, but it was all gravy after we beat O$U.

So: Preseason expectations = undefeated, natty.

Current: respectable showing against 'Bama, and by God, we might even beat them. And if we do, ......... NATTY!!!!!! So, success vs expectations vs disappointment:  where is your line at?   3493939353
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down