Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

+34
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
By-Tor
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
aualum06
Cameron
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Senior Dickfist
SawGreen
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Bill Cain
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Frank Ricard
CORNER BLITZ
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
DWags
Dendrobates
38 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment Empty Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Post by Guest 2017-09-07, 07:58

They just keep letting us down, again and again.

Michigan State students are drinking less. No, really.

EAST LANSING - Alexea Hankin gets mixed reactions to her decision not to drink alcohol.

Sometimes, it's confusion: How could she not imbibe at Michigan State University, given its long-standing party school reputation?

Sometimes, she's asked to play beer pong, her partner assuming she’ll be more able to sink cups thanks to her sobriety.

“I’m actually not very good,” Hankin admitted.

Others are supportive. Because Hankin, 20, is far from the only MSU student who chooses not to drink.

In fact, there are more every year.

Survey data shows more of today’s students are staying sober than college students were a decade ago.

Back in 2006, only about 23% of MSU students surveyed as part of the National College Health Assessment reported never drinking or not drinking within the previous month. Last year, that number was about 30%.

The average number of drinks consumed the last time students partied is down, too, from about 5 drinks in 2006 to three and a third in 2016, according to the survey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment Empty Re: Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Post by Dendrobates 2017-09-07, 09:58

I hate how I'm classified as a millennial, as I don't fit in with them.

But I'm drinking less...it's called having a fucking kid.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment Empty Re: Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Post by DWags 2017-09-07, 09:58

Yeah, I can attest to that.  Not a real big thing to the current students.   Don't know why, and they definitely do, but they just don't do it like we did.  Probably for a ton of reasons.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-07, 10:16

DWags wrote:Yeah, I can attest to that.  Not a real big thing to the current students.   Don't know why, and they definitely do, but they just don't do it like we did.  Probably for a ton of reasons.

Lots of reasons. but here is the number 1 reason.

You have to be smart to go to MSU now. 3.6 Gpa, 1200+ on the SAT. College is harder and it doesn't lend itself to partying on a Tuesday night. In our day, if you had a pulse and a check, you were in.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-07, 10:22

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You have to be smart to go to MSU now. 3.6 Gpa, 1200+ on the SAT. College is harder and it doesn't lend itself to partying on a Tuesday night. In our day, if you had a pulse and a check, you were in.

Are you referring to MSU or your bar?

Both
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 10:49

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Are you referring to MSU or your bar?

Lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-09-07, 10:54

3 drinks in one entire night? Wtf people did they survey?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 11:10

Tim Wakefield wrote:3 drinks in one entire night? Wtf people did they survey?

Not us, bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 11:12

Can we also put part of the blame on nazi cops that roam EL? Who wants to tailgate to get harassed ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-09-07, 11:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:3 drinks in one entire night? Wtf people did they survey?

Not us, bro.

3 drinks in one class before a hoops game, maybe
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-09-07, 11:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can we also put part of the blame on nazi cops that roam EL? Who wants to tailgate to get harassed ?
That's definitely a good point. Those cops are all on a power trip.

Hell, back when hubby and I went to MSU our senior year, we were actually carrying water in a solo cup (coming from a party). Cops came, sent me away, and wrote hubby for open intox when it was water and he offered to blow. Cop said said, take the ticket or you're going to jail.

I was on the sidelines yelling. If the cop didn't send me away, I would have gone to jail.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-07, 11:51

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Both
Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment 502811600

Do you ever wonder how many criminal acts were committed as a result of your lackadaisical ID enforcement policies?

Rolling Eyes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 11:59

Tim Wakefield wrote:

Not us, bro.

3 drinks in one class before a hoops game, maybe

Psych 101 Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-09-07, 12:10

If I day drink now it's the only time I can enjoy it. When I come home and drink in the evening I just fuckin fall asleep. Old age sucks.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-09-07, 12:29

Rocinante wrote:If I day drink now it's the only time I can enjoy it. When I come home and drink in the evening I just fuckin fall asleep. Old age sucks.

It's going to get much worse for you soon. Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment 502811600Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 12:32

Rocinante wrote:If I day drink now it's the only time I can enjoy it. When I come home and drink in the evening I just fuckin fall asleep. Old age sucks.

That's depressing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-09-07, 12:40

From what I understand they can't even drink in the dorms anymore - it seems they let the cops roam and hand out MIPs.

Back in the day in Snyder we used to round up the one dude who was 21 and then have Bilbo's deliver a slice of pizza, 28 quarts of beer and a free house salad (thanks to their coupon).
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-07, 12:56

Dr. Strangelove wrote:From what I understand they can't even drink in the dorms anymore - it seems they let the cops roam and hand out MIPs.

Back in the day in Snyder we used to round up the one dude who was 21 and then have Bilbo's deliver a slice of pizza, 28 quarts of beer and a free house salad (thanks to their coupon).
We didn't bother with quarts, we took up collections for kegs and carried them up five flights of stairs in Akers. Something like 50 nights straight Jan-Mar '79. Not sure how or why the streak came to an end. Might have had something to do recovering from celebrating the Natty the night before.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-09-07, 13:26

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Both

Do you ever wonder how many pregnancies were a result of your lackadaisical ID enforcement policies?

fixed that for ya
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-09-07, 13:42

That's depressing.

Live it up and pal. It finds you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-07, 15:47

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Do you ever wonder how many pregnancies were a result of your lackadaisical ID enforcement policies?

fixed that for ya

This is a better question. I know dozens of marriages, hundreds of kids and a lot of divorces that can be directly traced back.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-07, 15:49

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Both

Do you ever wonder how many criminal acts were committed as a result of your lackadaisical ID enforcement policies?

Says the "officer of the court" that hates the pigs.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-09-07, 16:53

Instead they're huffing paint.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-07, 19:32

duffy munn wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

fixed that for ya

This is a better question. I know dozens of marriages, hundreds of kids and a lot of divorces that can be directly traced back.

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment 502811600 I call very true on this.

By the way, remember when these sissy Mary's thought the could out drink us and we're willing to have a contest? Shit would be over quick.

Boomers!!!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-07, 19:48

What's the generation after the millennials going to be like? Probably the next great generation because they'll reject all the bullshit from their millennial parents.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 19:59

steveschneider wrote:What's the generation after the millennials going to be like? Probably the next great generation because they'll reject all the bullshit from their millennial parents.

Bullshit like people such as trump? Fuck boomers.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-07, 20:12

steveschneider wrote:What's the generation after the millennials going to be like? Probably the next great generation because they'll reject all the bullshit from their millennial parents.

This this this this this this this this this this

Pretty sure Steve just called Millennials the greatest generation of them all based on their shit garbage trash human being parents
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-09-07, 20:15

But, your parents are boomers. And they probably paid for all of your time at State.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-07, 20:25

I've wondered more than a few times if Travis is my son. As for OTPT and Wake, while the math does not work, I still want to believe they're of my seed. The four of us could have a father & sons night of drinking beer, tossing around a football, and enjoy spontaneous outbursts of noogies and Why are you hitting yourself?
Good times.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-07, 20:28

tGreenWay wrote:I've wondered more than a few times if Travis is my son. As for OTPT and Wake, while the math does not work, I still want to believe they're of my seed. The four of us could have a father & sons night of drinking beer, tossing around a football, and enjoy spontaneous outbursts of noogies and Why are you hitting yourself?
Good times.
Yes greenway. Let's hang out. That sounds like a wonderful time. I would like to spend an evening with you. How's Saturday?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-07, 20:32

We can only hope. But I didn't think the millennials were having kids. Something something "I need to do me" something something.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 20:35

The Pantry wrote:

But, your parents are boomers. And they probably paid for all of your time at State.

My parents are cool and all - but they are still boomers. Paying for my time at MSU, that's rich. A parent plus loan and that's about it. I'll be paying my loans back until my balls are as saggy as yours.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 20:41

DWags wrote:

We can only hope. But I didn't think the millennials were having kids. Something something "I need to do me" something something.

Doing me = not being tied down to anyone or anything. It's a great feeling.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-07, 20:46

DWags wrote:

Tied down? I guess if your spouse and kids suck you'd probably feel that way.

Do you think your parents resented it? Not trying to be s smart ass but just really wondering your read on that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 20:51

DWags wrote:

Do you think your parents resented it? Not trying to be s smart ass but just really wondering your read on that.

Lol. There's a certain time and place for kids and a wife. Your 20s are not it(never kids, just IMO) Wags going to self righteously act like his life and flexibility didn't change a bit - shocking
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-09-07, 21:02

DWags wrote:

Tied down?  I guess if your spouse and kids suck you'd probably feel that way.

Do you think your parents resented it?  Not trying to be s smart ass but just really wondering your read on that.

Lol. There's a certain time and place for kids and a wife. Your 20s are not it. Wags going to self righteously act like his life and flexibility didn't change a bit - shocking
wow.  You're pretty fucking angry at people that did nothing to you.

Did anyone happen to save OTPT's post where he said something like, "I wish all boomers were dead"?  Extremely wild statement, whatever it said.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-07, 21:06

DWags wrote:

Lol. There's a certain time and place for kids and a wife. Your 20s are not it(never kids, just IMO) Wags going to self righteously act like his life and flexibility didn't change a bit - shocking

As a guy that had both kids in my 20's, I disagree. I was young enough to play ball with them, coach them from first grade to high school and stay up late enough to wait up when they were teenagers.

A lot of my buddies thought I was nuts. Now, many of them are in their mid 50's with kids between 7-15. In some cases these guys will be in their 60's when their kids get to high school.

I can't even imagine having at teenager right now, let alone a 10 year, at age 54. Instead I have a very cool 2 year old grandson and more likely on the way soon. I threw the football with the little guy over the weekend.

To each their own.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-07, 21:09

You said it duff - to each their own. I like traveling too much. We've talked about this but even though we are SPARTANS we are completely different people.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-07, 21:19

DWags wrote:

Well, first of all I didn't say your life doesn't change. Marriage doesn't change your life, kids do. Big time. You need to be ready. Thing is OTPT I had my kids at 35 and 38, and I was ready. I've also said on this board I have been bummed out when a friend tells me he just spent 106k on a boat while I just spent 54K on two years of college. Nobody can say there isn't some jealousy or resentment in their life. If that's being self righteous, so be it. I just wanted to get your read on whether you thought your parents felt they were tied down by you. I'm guessing they never had that feeling once in their life. But if you took my legit question as smart ass so be it. I really don't give a fuck when you stop and think about it. Especially cause I know I can out drink you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-07, 21:24

:
DWags wrote:

Well, first of all I didn't say your life doesn't change. Marriage doesn't change your life, kids do. Big time. You need to be ready. Thing is OTPT I had my kids at 35 and 38, and I was ready. I've also said on this board I have been bummed out when a friend tells me he just spent 106k on a boat while I just spent 54K on two years of college. Nobody can say there isn't some jealousy or resentment in their life. If that's being self righteous, so be it. I just wanted to get your read on whether you thought your parents felt they were tied down by you. I'm guessing they never had that feeling once in their life. But if you took my legit question as smart ass so be it. I really don't give a fuck when you stop and think about it. Especially cause I know I can out drink you.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next