Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else get weather-related headaches?

+3
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
7 posters

Go down

Anyone else get weather-related headaches? Empty Anyone else get weather-related headaches?

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 19:13

They don't happen often, usually only in advance of significant weather events. They feel like hangover-type headaches and pain meds can't make them go away. Today's has been an hours-long whopper. I especially enjoy the throbbing and pulsating pressure, which -- in this context -- isn't sexy at all.

I feel bad for me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Anyone else get weather-related headaches? Empty Re: Anyone else get weather-related headaches?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-27, 19:22

Please don't harm me with your telekinesis powers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone else get weather-related headaches? Empty Re: Anyone else get weather-related headaches?

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 19:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Please don't harm me with your telekinesis powers.

I don't know where you live, so you're probably safe. Probably.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-27, 19:50

Only when driving on crappy roads caused by crappy weather, inhabited by crappy drivers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 19:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:Only when driving on crappy roads caused by crappy weather, inhabited by crappy drivers.

Muscle-tension headaches. Yep, crappy drivers can make those appear in microseconds, as if by magic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-27, 19:54

tGreenWay wrote:I especially enjoy the throbbing and pulsating pressure, which -- in this context -- isn't sexy at all.
I get erections depending on how much barometic pressure is applied to my little Moose.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-27, 19:58

Does your knee hurt before it rains?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 19:58

Giant Moose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I especially enjoy the throbbing and pulsating pressure, which -- in this context -- isn't sexy at all.
I get erections depending on how much barometic pressure is applied to my little Moose.

I'll bet Mrs. Moose gets randy whenever the forecast calls for rain.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 20:02

Turtleneck wrote:Does your knee hurt before it rains?

Occasionally, but not as often as it used to. Big precip events only. Glad it's not a head/knee combo. Always been one or the other.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-12-27, 20:06

I get migraines brought on by bright lights. I go completely blind, it's not very cool
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-27, 20:07

I bet you were valuable to local farms during the Great Depression.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-27, 20:19

Yeah, but not often, and not as bad as you describe.  It finally dawned on me one day that when I got these nasty headaches, I caught myself checking out the sky, and it was always cloudy.

A couple of aspirin usually takes care of me, though, so I have nothing to offer other than commiseration.  Anyone else get weather-related headaches? Smileys-embrace-hug-990755
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 20:20

Ass Dan wrote:I get migraines brought on by bright lights. I go completely blind, it's not very cool

That would truly suck. I've only ever had one migraine. It took a shot of Demerol in my ass to make it go away. Now, Demerol is fantastic stuff, probably my favorite high ever, but it was still a lousy trade.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 20:25

Turtleneck wrote:I bet you were valuable to local farms during the Great Depression.

For them I just wet my finger and held it up to the wind. My successes weren't nearly as many as after my knee surgeries. I used to win meals with the chief meteorologist when I interned at a local tv station 20+ years ago. I'd say it was going to rain and he'd say it wasn't. Come to think of it, that fucker probably still owes me a few dinners.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 20:29

SpartanInNH wrote:Yeah, but not often, and not as bad as you describe.  It finally dawned on me one day that when I got these nasty headaches, I caught myself checking out the sky, and it was always cloudy.

A couple of aspirin usually takes care of me, though, so I have nothing to offer other than commiseration.  Anyone else get weather-related headaches? Smileys-embrace-hug-990755

They don't happen to me nearly as often as they used to, but when they do, I take prescription strength naproxen and hope it helps. Today, it hasn't.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-27, 21:07

tGreenWay wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:Yeah, but not often, and not as bad as you describe.  It finally dawned on me one day that when I got these nasty headaches, I caught myself checking out the sky, and it was always cloudy.

They don't happen to me nearly as often as they used to, but when they do, I take prescription strength naproxen and hope it helps. Today, it hasn't.

Well, I hope it doesn't mean anything serious and you're in good health. You account for 3% of the posts here.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-27, 21:37

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Well, I hope it doesn't mean anything serious and you're in good health. You account for 3% of the posts here.

I appreciate the sweet talk, but you're being overly generous with that 3% guess.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down