Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If bama comes out slinging...

5 posters

Go down

If bama comes out slinging... Empty If bama comes out slinging...

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-30, 11:41

Would you be shocked? For reference think of bill cowhers super bowl run.

I would frankly. Anything not completely conservative on both sides of the ball including punting on 4th and 1 would shock me from Saban.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If bama comes out slinging... Empty Re: If bama comes out slinging...

Post by DWags 2015-12-30, 11:45

Blanch32 wrote:Would you be shocked? For reference think of bill cowhers super bowl run.

I would frankly. Anything not completely conservative on both sides of the ball including punting on 4th and 1 would shock me from Saban.

The shorter the game is the better chance we have imo.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-12-30, 11:46

You're trying hard
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-30, 12:41

You mean like this:

Or like this:

Coker hits intermediate and deep passes in nearly every game and Ridley has only gotten better as the season has progressed. No, it won't surprise me at all if they sling it around, in fact, I expect it since it's part of the Alabama game. Don't think that Alabama can't pass. They can and they will.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-30, 13:07

None of those highlights were 1st down opening drive throws. That is definitely not anywhere near slinging
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-30, 13:11

Blanch32 wrote:None of those highlights were 1st down opening drive throws. That is definitely not anywhere near slinging
Oh, ok.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2016-01-01, 07:29

Code_Warrior wrote:You mean like this:

Or like this:

Coker hits intermediate and deep passes in nearly every game and Ridley has only gotten better as the season has progressed. No, it won't surprise me at all if they sling it around, in fact, I expect it since it's part of the Alabama game. Don't think that Alabama can't pass. They can and they will.
Gee, who would've thunk it.... Blanch, you'll have to tell me if Alabama's offense in the Cotton Bowl meets your definition of slinging since they came out passing on the first drive. I wonder if the rest of the game meets your definition, because it kinda looked like they might have been slinging it a little bit after that too.... Nah, that's just crazy talk.... My bad.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-01, 12:57

Their gameplan shocked me honestly. They really out coached themselves in that first half and we didn't take advantage due to a shit offensive plan. Plus theit fumbles didn't go our way.

Bama should have just crammed the ball down our throats and wait for us to implode. They took way too many unnecessary chances to begin with
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-01, 13:02

I think Kiffin placed a LOT of confidence in Coker, and it showed. If Coker threw a pick or two early, they probably would have just gone to Henry and gang to run all night.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2016-01-01, 13:30

Blanch32 wrote:Their gameplan shocked me honestly. They really out coached themselves in that first half and we didn't take advantage due to a shit offensive plan. Plus theit fumbles didn't go our way.

Bama should have just crammed the ball down our throats and wait for us to implode.  They took way too many unnecessary chances to begin with
Yeah, our offense sucked for sure, but the outcome wasn't the result of our game plan, it was the result of Bama not having to stack the box to shut down our running game and not having to blitz to get serious pass pressure.  That left their linebackers free to take away our passing options.  In addition our receivers regressed back to the beginning of 2013 with all the dropped passes.  Also, I think Cook's shoulder was fucked up.  He was throwing the ball poorly, just like he did against Iowa.

With the Alabama linebackers free to cover the short and intermediate routes, that made it much harder for Cook to find open guys.  Cook was also locking in on his targets to some extent too because the pocket was collapsing so quickly around him.  Cook's tendency to lock in  burned him when Jones intercepted him at the end of the first half.  While I think the pass rush was one part of the reason Cook was locking in, I also think it was a result of his shoulder because it probably took away some of his throwing arsenal and that made him less confident, resulting in more of a tendency to lock in on his preferred targets.

That interception at the end of the first half was a killer for us.  We score a TD there, it changes the complexion of the whole game and we only lose 38-7.  Seriously, without any kind of running game, and with no ability to negate their 4 man pass rush there wasn't going to be any conceivable game plan from our OCs that would've made any difference.  OSU would've got rolled the same way we did.

Clemson is going to get it's ass kicked too, although Clemson may be able to at least put some points on the board.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-01, 19:19

I'm not going to sit here and call for anyone s job like the rcmb bonars. But ever time bama punted in the first half I would have ran I form up the gut for 1 yard just to kill clock and at least hide our pass plays and protection. Halftime the score might have been 7 0, but our D would have been fresher
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down