Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since we have failed at Powerball, I have a new get rich quick idea!!!!

+6
Blanch32
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
SeeRockCity
Giant Moose
10 posters

Go down

Since we have failed at Powerball, I have a new get rich quick idea!!!! Empty Since we have failed at Powerball, I have a new get rich quick idea!!!!

Post by tTy Thu 14 Jan - 21:13

Who's in?!?!?!?!

Farmer cut off his right hand in failed ploy for insurance money

A Spanish court sent a farmer to prison after he cut off his hand and faked a car wreck for insurance money, local media reported Wednesday.

Investigators said the farmer had run short on cash in 2007 when he concocted the plan. He started by hacking off his right hand and quickly applying a tourniquet to stop the bleeding, according to The Local.

Then, court documents show, he deliberately drove his car off the road into an orange grove, tossed his hand inside, and lit the vehicle on fire.

He called emergency services, but when cops and firefighters arrived, he was there smoking a cigar, local media report. He was identified as 42-year-old Miguel B.P. from Nules, northeast of Valencia.

The farmer ultimately tried pocketing more than $2 million from a total of eight insurance companies, The Telegraph reports.

Investigators said they knew he'd faked the crash partly because the cut was "too clean," not typical of what a car crash victim would experience.

The court ordered him to pay more than $350,000, most of it going back to the insurance providers. He's also going behind bars for 4 years.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Since we have failed at Powerball, I have a new get rich quick idea!!!! Empty Re: Since we have failed at Powerball, I have a new get rich quick idea!!!!

Post by Giant Moose Thu 14 Jan - 21:14

I think this violates the terms of service of this site.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Since we have failed at Powerball, I have a new get rich quick idea!!!! Empty Re: Since we have failed at Powerball, I have a new get rich quick idea!!!!

Post by tGreenWay Thu 14 Jan - 21:18

Could work. I doubt any insurance companies heard of this plan since it was in Mexico.

I volunteer to chop off Travis' hand.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 14 Jan - 22:06

i think its obvious from the story, we'd get fingered pretty quickly.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 14 Jan - 22:10

Hand up!!! Don't shoot!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 14 Jan - 22:34

tGreenWay wrote:Could work. I doubt any insurance companies heard of this plan since it was in Mexico.

Who is going to take care of masterbating me? You? Otpt?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 14 Jan - 22:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Could work. I doubt any insurance companies heard of this plan since it was in Mexico.

How much are you offering for this service?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 14 Jan - 22:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

How much are you offering for this service?

If we're going to get rich for cutting my hand off, I don't think I should have to pay any of you for a handie.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 15 Jan - 1:11

gHost Spartan wrote:The issue I see is that a work-related injury, unless there was a tort committed by a third party, would limit our recovery to the exclusive remedy of the workers' compensation system, which, unlike a tort lawsuit in court, would essentially compensate us for the loss of a hand (which here in AZ isn't very much) and whatever disability benefits would follow. It's more lucrative to keep your hand (or other body part) than to lose it, in the long run.

I support the plain English in the law movement, which is nothing like a bowel movement. One flows much more freely than the other.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 15 Jan - 6:36

gHost Spartan wrote:The issue I see is that a work-related injury, unless there was a tort committed by a third party, would limit our recovery to the exclusive remedy of the workers' compensation system, which, unlike a tort lawsuit in court, would essentially compensate us for the loss of a hand (which here in AZ isn't very much) and whatever disability benefits would follow. It's more lucrative to keep your hand (or other body part) than to lose it, in the long run.

ghost some people here want an adult conversation, Pls reconsider
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 15 Jan - 7:34

Blanch32 wrote:

ghost some people here want an adult conversation, Pls reconsider

If ghost wants advice, he'll start a thread that says HELP ME. Until then, don't give him advice, OK?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 15 Jan - 11:40

"Get Rich Quick" and "In The Long Run" don't compute.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 15 Jan - 12:38

I have another get rich quick scheme.

Let's all short the fuck out of Chipotle stock, then, all get jobs at Chipotle and then simultaneously begin using the bathroom while at work with impunity and stop using TP and washing our hands.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 15 Jan - 12:56

SeeRockCity wrote:i think its obvious from the story, we'd get fingered pretty quickly.

Now you're talking my language! I'm in!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed 18 Jan - 10:44

I got it. All we need is a spaceship.

"If the 200-kilometre-wide body could somehow be transported back to our planet, Elkins-Tanton has calculated that the iron alone would be worth US $10,000 quadrillion."

http://globalnews.ca/news/3175097/nasa-plans-mission-to-a-metal-rich-asteroid-worth-quadrillions/
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 18 Jan - 11:02

Dendrobates wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:i think its obvious from the story, we'd get fingered pretty quickly.

Now you're talking my language! I'm in!

That's what he said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down