Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS

+22
WhiteBoyHatcher
Vlad
Floyd Robertson
WhiteGreenShow
InTenSity
Turtleneck
StylesGShmooth
duffy munn
tGreenWay
xsanguine
Death Roe
The_Dude
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
tig ol bitties
DWags
NigelUno
SpartanInNH
kingstonlake
CheesySpartan
26 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 Empty Re: MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-01-17, 20:57

I actually have had to deal with these fucking UW Trolls immediately after the game...sorry if I'm difficult tonight...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 Empty Re: MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-17, 21:02

DWags wrote:I need to clarify my prediction I think. Some people don't get the intricacies of it. This is not a hap hazard prediction, but one born fro 35 years of watching MSU basketball up close.

This team is not a final four team. Sorry. It's not going to make Saturday in the BTT.  It will get beat by double digits in Ann Arbor   Just doesn't have the character. We'll slide in as an 8 or 9 seed and lose on Thursday or Friday first weekend. Now I believe Tom Izzo will turn this squad around as he's done before. If they listen I think this team will rise up and make the finals at minimum in the BTT.  I think we beat Michigan by double digits I think we'll be a 3 or 4 seed and push our way to the final four where we'll have a great shot at a NC.  Finally, if they only listen a little, this team will be like  a 6 seed and probably get to the sweet 16. The game in Ann Arbor will be close either way.

Really I don't see how we could get rid of Tom Izzo as our coach. He's a legend innovator and cutting edge. He is a master in March. He would be impossible to replace. But I think it's time to get rid of him.  Unless it isn't because he's damn good
That's how I see it.

Great.  You had to go and ruin it, by going completely overboard.  You actually had a few of them that were with you for awhile.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-17, 21:05

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Fair. Good thing Magic and Co. lost in the Elite 8 to the eventual National Champs. Really avoided humiliation that year. 21 years after our last FF debacle.

Thankfully, we won it all in 79. Then made it back to the FF two decades later. Again embarrassing the University in the FF.

Then we won it all in 2000. Since then, 5 more disgraceful appearances in the FF.
I think you are missing the point. Losing by 4 in 1957 or by 3 in 1978 weren't debacles. We competed, but lost hard-fought games. It happens, but we looked like we belonged on the same court. Losing by 20 in 2015 or by 17 in 2009 were debacles.

I'm beginning to think that your fragile psyche is impacted by those games to this day. That is just sad.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-01-17, 21:06

CheesySpartan wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Why did you go to college if you didn't need a job?

I'm cool bro...BTW...love the disrespect you are showing a fellow Spartan

Bump
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-17, 21:11

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I need to clarify my prediction I think. Some people don't get the intricacies of it. This is not a hap hazard prediction, but one born fro 35 years of watching MSU basketball up close.

This team is not a final four team. Sorry. It's not going to make Saturday in the BTT.  It will get beat by double digits in Ann Arbor   Just doesn't have the character. We'll slide in as an 8 or 9 seed and lose on Thursday or Friday first weekend. Now I believe Tom Izzo will turn this squad around as he's done before. If they listen I think this team will rise up and make the finals at minimum in the BTT.  I think we beat Michigan by double digits I think we'll be a 3 or 4 seed and push our way to the final four where we'll have a great shot at a NC.  Finally, if they only listen a little, this team will be like  a 6 seed and probably get to the sweet 16. The game in Ann Arbor will be close either way.

Really I don't see how we could get rid of Tom Izzo as our coach. He's a legend innovator and cutting edge. He is a master in March. He would be impossible to replace. But I think it's time to get rid of him.  Unless it isn't because he's damn good
That's how I see it.

Great.  You had to go and ruin it, by going completely overboard.  You actually had a few of them that were with you for awhile.

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 502811600

They agreed with "I think we'll be bad unless we're good". I needed to add the middle part.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-01-17, 21:13

Giant Moose wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Right! Fuck that guy who worked his way through MSU 20 yrs ago...
I don't think it was possible for OTPT to work his way through MSU. Tuition was insanely more expensive for him as was the job market coming out of college than it was for you 20 years ago.

OMFG!!! News flash!!!!...it's now not possible to work your way through college...great to know
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-17, 21:16

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Fair. Good thing Magic and Co. lost in the Elite 8 to the eventual National Champs. Really avoided humiliation that year. 21 years after our last FF debacle.

Thankfully, we won it all in 79. Then made it back to the FF two decades later. Again embarrassing the University in the FF.

Then we won it all in 2000. Since then, 5 more disgraceful appearances in the FF.
I think you are missing the point. Losing by 4 in 1957 or by 3 in 1978 weren't debacles. We competed, but lost hard-fought games. It happens, but we looked like we belonged on the same court. Losing by 20 in 2015 or by 17 in 2009 were debacles.

Yeah, I hated making the title game in 2009. Humiliating after beating UConn to get there.

And you missed 2001 and 2005. You're slipping.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-17, 23:49

CheesySpartan wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Bump

The disrespect I've shown? You came at me, about my personal life, that was a result of you being frustrated about a basketball game loss.

No worries, I love you and everyone here at tSwill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-01-17, 23:58

Personal life as in unemployment? Or did I miss something. 

I thought that was like common knowledge/ standard forum humor. Is that verboten now? 

It's not like he was making light of your mom dying of cancer or something.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-17, 23:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Bump

The disrespect I've shown? You came at me, about my personal life, that was a result of you being frustrated about a basketball game loss.

No worries, I love you and everyone here at tSwill.

He doesn't like you. I don't like you, either. You just watch yourself.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-18, 00:03

Gomer wrote:Personal life as in unemployment? Or did I miss something. 

I thought that was like common knowledge/ standard forum humor. Is that verboten now? 

Not unemployed, Gomer. The guy kept ranting about how he worked his way through MSU 20 years ago, like it had any relevance to myself.

I just hope when I start working full time, I don't seem as angry and bitter as you guys. Christ. Some day, you'll realize that we all end up dead and none of that shit on your resume really matters.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-18, 00:17

Not unemployed, Gomer. The guy kept ranting about how he worked his way through MSU 20 years ago, like it had any relevance to myself.

I just hope when I start working full time, I don't seem as angry and bitter as you guys. Christ. Some day, you'll realize that we all end up dead and none of that shit on your resume really matters.

Yep
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 00:43

Yep
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 00:46

Turtleneck wrote:

Yep

It's not your fault.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-18, 00:46

People are weird. I'm sure I am, too.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-01-18, 02:40

"You guys", "angry and bitter", "you'll realize that we all end up dead"...Project much?

While I don't suffer fools gladly, I never have, even in my childhood. Is that what makes you think I'm angry and bitter?

And wow, this idea that our life is finite... Man. I never thought of it that way. Too busy worrying about my resume I guess. You must have picked that up from how much I post about my career and work life here. Phew. Gonna dial that back posthaste.

Glad you've got it all figured out though.

Oops. There I go being bitter again.

Good luck.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-18, 03:14

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 502811600

Have you read what people say here, or rcmb? Have you read your own posts to sd265? No, no anger or bitterness at all. Just dick swinging with a college kid that knows how to play you like a piano and arguments about your sexuality and weight with tanfan and co.

Right.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 03:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 502811600

Have you read what people say here, or rcmb? Have you read your own posts to sd265? No, no anger or bitterness at all. Just dick swinging with a college kid that knows how to play you like a piano and arguments about your sexuality and weight with tanfan and co.

Right.

Bet you my dick swings lower than yours, OTPT.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 03:50

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 502811600

Right.

Say man, you got a joint?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 03:52

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I took a tolerance break starting a few weeks ago.

You can borrow some of my shrooms if you'd like.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 04:29

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I took a tolerance break starting a few weeks ago.

You can borrow some of my shrooms if you'd like.

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 04:53

I just bought a treadmill this weekend that has been affecting my joints.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-18, 07:46

Column: Blame Michigan State, not officiating, for the Spartans' foul issues
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-18, 09:32

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_noaqre8JaC1tqd5o8_500
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-18, 10:28

LooseGoose wrote:Column: Blame Michigan State, not officiating, for the Spartans' foul issues

That and TV Ted sleep walks through week night regionally broadcast games but comes to life to be the star of the show on Nationally televised weekend games.  Its not just MSU or Big Ten, he pulls the same shit in other conferences.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-01-18, 10:48

Right.
Have you read my own posts here?  If so, you can tell me more regarding my arguments about my sexuality?  I might have said all of three things.  That's a ratio of about 50:1.

You appear to live in a sort of fantasy land, man.  Like I said, I'm glad it's working for you MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 3493939353 .  Good luck out there.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-18, 10:52

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Column: Blame Michigan State, not officiating, for the Spartans' foul issues

That and TV Ted sleep walks through week night regionally broadcast games but comes to life to be the star of the show on Nationally televised weekend games.  Its not just MSU or Big Ten, he pulls the same shit in other conferences.

There were a couple of awful calls, but I agree with a poster earlier in this thread - maybe it was tig ol bitties? Can't remember. At any rate Izzo needs to get with the times and stop coaching this bump and grind style basketball.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-18, 10:54

After Sunday's game, Badgers forward Nigel Hayes insinuated that drawing fouls was part of the game plan against the Spartans.

"We tried to turn their aggression against them, and we shot a hefty amount of free throws," Hayes said. "There's a saying that goes if you make more free throws than the other team shoots then you'll usually win, and we did that."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-18, 11:08

What a douche.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-18, 11:20

ruh roh the blo wers won't like that article one bit!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-01-18, 11:33

CheesySpartan wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Who is 20 yrs your elder

"I worked hard, and I'm so old that my cock is as wrinkly as my balls. Respect me, dammit! And get a job you lazy fuck!"

That's you. That's what you sound like. Jesus Christ, dude, get over yourself. Nobody is impressed by you having worked yourself through college or being born a long time ago and not dying yet. Lighten up.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-01-18, 19:32

Cameron wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Who is 20 yrs your elder

"I worked hard, and I'm so old that my cock is as wrinkly as my balls. Respect me, dammit! And get a job you lazy fuck!"

That's you. That's what you sound like. Jesus Christ, dude, get over yourself. Nobody is impressed by you having worked yourself through college or being born a long time ago and not dying yet. Lighten up.

Well the last sentence of your quote is correct.  Btw I'm 42.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-18, 20:14

steveschneider wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

There were a couple of awful calls, but I agree with a poster earlier in this thread - maybe it was tig ol bitties? Can't remember. At any rate Izzo needs to get with the times and stop coaching this bump and grind style basketball.

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946 MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 8 1966794946

Christ, I thought tRCMB was the only place where you could find bigger experts than Dantonio and Izzo. I wuz wrong. geek
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8