Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DH coming to the national league at the end of collective bargaining agreement next year.

+5
xsanguine
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
DWags
9 posters

Go down

DH coming to the national league at the end of collective bargaining agreement next year.  Empty DH coming to the national league at the end of collective bargaining agreement next year.

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 11:06

Radio just said momentum is moving that way.

Meh.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DH coming to the national league at the end of collective bargaining agreement next year.  Empty Re: DH coming to the national league at the end of collective bargaining agreement next year.

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-18, 11:07

That's dumb.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DH coming to the national league at the end of collective bargaining agreement next year.  Empty Re: DH coming to the national league at the end of collective bargaining agreement next year.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 11:09

Your thread title makes it sound like it's a done deal. Your content has me skeptical. Don't tease me.

The National League and their no dh rule is dumb and they should be ashamed of themselves. It would be a good move.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-18, 11:10

I disagree with you Travis, therefore, I hate you.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 11:17

I don't like the DH but I just think both leagues should be the same. One way or the other.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 11:18

Keep it as is. I like the leagues being different.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 11:42

I wish it was the other way around. I enjoyed the NL game a lot better.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 11:43

xsanguine wrote:I wish it was the other way around. I enjoyed the NL game a lot better.

Terrible and you're wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 11:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I wish it was the other way around. I enjoyed the NL game a lot better.

I am ashamed but I can't change how I feel, Travis. And since I "feel" this way you need to accommodate my feelings. Get with the times.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-18, 11:48

tGreenWay wrote:Keep it as is. I like the leagues being different.

100%.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 11:48

xsanguine wrote:

I am ashamed but I can't change how I feel, Travis. And since I "feel" this way you need to accommodate my feelings. Get with the times.

I'm not accommodating shit. If it were up to me the government would round up and arrest everyone that likes the National League rules and put them into a work camp until they embrace the DH or die.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 11:55

xsanguine wrote:

I'm not accommodating shit. If it were up to me the government would round up and arrest everyone that likes the National League rules and put them into a work camp until they embrace the DH or die.

Your microaggressions are very triggering, Travis.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 11:58

Personally, I think the DH is pussy. Pussy pussy pussy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-18, 12:39

gHost Spartan wrote:I don't like it at all.

Agree 100%.

Too many people are in love with scoring/hrs/slam dunks/touch down passes/posterizing a player/etc.

Getting rid of the pitcher hitting will be a sad day for baseball.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-01-18, 12:44

This, a lot less strategy involved when the pitcher doesn't hit (just get rid of the manager while you're at it), but I guess that appeals to the more simple minded.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 12:47

I.B. Fine wrote:
This, a lot less strategy involved when the pitcher doesn't hit (just get rid of the manager while you're at it), but I guess that appeals to the more simple minded.

That's bullshit that is trumpeted by national league apologists. it's simply not true.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-18, 12:48

I.B. Fine wrote:
This,  a lot less strategy involved when the pitcher doesn't hit (just get rid of the manager while you're at it), but I guess that appeals to the more simple minded.

That's bullshit that is trumpeted by national league apologists. it's simply not true.

You better prove it before I fact check you, motherfucker.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 12:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I don't have time for that right now, but the "there is more strategy in the national league" is an out and out lie and anyone who says it should be ashamed of themselves. There are different strategies.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 12:54

I don't have time for that right now, but the "there is more strategy in the national league" is an out and out lie and anyone who says it should be ashamed of themselves. There are different strategies.

1-1 in the 8th. Hot pitcher coming to bat with a man on second 2 outs.

That's when it's tough.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 12:54

You've shamed me enough today, Travis. I will not stand for this mistreatment!

Switches, double switches, and pinch runners make the game more exciting and add a layer to the game that wasn't there before and if you don't like that well........ I don't know but if I think of something very insulting I will make sure to post it later.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 12:55

Travis is a poop head.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 12:58

DWags wrote:

That's when it's tough.

I understand that. What I take issue with is the national league propagandists (liars is probably a better word) implying that there isn't significant strategy in the American League because of the DH.

Hell, they probably only got to 1-1 in the eighth in the national league because they were handed 3 free outs per team leading up to that point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 12:59

xsanguine wrote:Travis is a poop head.

I will send you a supply kit when you are in national league death camp. Good luck to you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-01-18, 13:01

DWags wrote:

That's when it's tough.

I understand that. What I take issue with is the national league propagandists (liars is probably a better word) implying that there isn't significant strategy in the American League because of the DH.

Hell, they probably only got to 1-1 in the eighth in the national league because they were handed 3 free outs per team leading up to that point.

You're absolutely correct. Managers have tough decisions with the DH, like, 'my pitcher just gave up three hits in a row, do I pull him for a righty or a lefty and where are we drinking after the game?'
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 13:03

I.B. Fine wrote:

You're absolutely correct. Managers have tough decisions with the DH, like, 'my pitcher just gave up three hits in a row, do I pull him for a righty or a lefty and where are we drinking after the game?'

Propagandist.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down