Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow?

+22
AvgMSUJoe
Banks2Mason
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
Da Mayor
MattyFresh
The Pantry
DWags
Tim Wakefield
Dendrobates
Space Lord
CheesySpartan
TheReal_LWS
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
tGreenWay
steveschneider
tanfan!
Gomer
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow?

Post by Guest 2017-01-09, 19:22

Fort Worth Hour 2 @ 8pm
Birmingham @ 9pm

For those of you that don't want to watch the FB game.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow?

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-09, 20:55

Ive gotta believe everyone on here not named Bob Sak is watching the title game.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-06, 21:02

Charleston is on now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Lord 2017-02-07, 14:45

pulling69 wrote:Do those freakshow twins still show up on the show?

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 Antiques-roadshow12
Interesting note on the Keno Brothers, who have superstar status in the antiques trade with squeaky clean reputations, went on a $600,000 buying spree at a couple auctions - and then didn't pay for the merchandise.  Bizarrely on some lots they ran each other up.  An oriental rug estimated at $800 brought $14000 as the brothers competed against each other.  They blamed welching clients and a cash flow problem.  They are gradually paying it back.
Space Lord
Space Lord
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-07, 15:02

I love the Keno brothers and the poster guy with the interesting suits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-20, 17:57

8pm we have Palm Springs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-20, 20:22

Still my 2nd favorite RoadShow appraisal.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-20, 20:26

I haven't watched it in a while, but I enjoy it. Antiques have always been a big deal with my family. I even had an aunt and cousin who owned an antique store. I always tagged along going antique shopping with my mom and grandparents, and I have some nice heirlooms in my home.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-21, 01:09

LooseGoose wrote:Still my 2nd favorite RoadShow appraisal.

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 502811600 Insane, and she seemed so nonplussed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-21, 07:57

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Still my 2nd favorite RoadShow appraisal.

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 502811600 Insane, and she seemed so nonplussed.

lol. I love it when the Keno Twins get worked up.

My favorite appraisal. The owner here reminds me of my most beloved uncle. RIP Eldon.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Lord 2017-02-21, 13:01

LooseGoose wrote:I love the Keno brothers and the poster guy with the interesting suits.
You will be happy to know that the Keno Bros have paid off their debt (maybe it was their dream come true - going to high end auctions, buying everything they wanted and not paying for it.) They have promised to be good boys from now on.
Space Lord
Space Lord
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-20, 18:18

Tonight we have Albuquerque parts 1 & 2 at 8pm and 9pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 19:01

Salt Lake City @ 8pm tonight, followed by Gonzaga/UNC
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 20:05

They kick it off with an old ragged hymnal worth $40-50K.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-17, 18:01

Salt Lake City @ 8pm and Chicago @ 9pm tonight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-20, 10:37

What is it with the British and hiding gold?

Who stashed gold inside a British piano? It’s a mystery

London — British officials say they’ve been unable to trace the rightful heirs to a trove of gold coins found stashed inside a piano and worth a “life-changing” amount of money.

The school that owns the piano and the tuner who found the gold are now in line for a windfall after a coroner investigating the find declared it treasure. But a couple who owned the piano for three decades before donating it to their local school will likely miss out.

Coroner John Ellery said Thursday that, despite a thorough investigation and a public appeal for information, “we simply do not know” who concealed the coins.

The hoard was discovered last year when the piano was sent for tuning in Shropshire, central England. Under the keyboard — neatly stacked in hand-stitched packages and pouches — were 913 gold sovereigns and half-sovereigns minted in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-24, 18:12

Virginia Beach @ 8pm

Chicago @ 9pm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-01, 19:10

8PM Virginia Beach

9pm Corpus Christi

Enjoy!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-08, 18:18

Virginia Beach @ 8pm
Corpus Christi @ 9pm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-15, 19:01

Orlando @ 8pm

Corpus Christi @ 9pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-22, 17:57

Orlando @ 8pm

Boston @ 9pm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-12, 18:32

8-10PM Mrytle Beach
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-06-15, 01:41

I hope Loose is ready for Green Bay on Saturday
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-26, 18:08

8pm is Hot Springs, AR
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-03, 18:19

tonight's delight.....

8pm Austin
9pm Milwaukee
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-10, 20:06

Cleveland now
Rochester @ 9PM
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-21, 12:13

So I found this in my ashtray just now. Almost gave it to Mt Clemens parking meter.

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 347fs4yAnyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 S1hrmxAnyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 9u2hyp
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-21, 12:46

DWags wrote:So I found this in my ashtray just now. Almost gave it to Mt Clemens parking meter.

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 347fs4yAnyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 S1hrmxAnyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 2 9u2hyp

It's a week at the lake!! hire those kids and run away............
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-21, 12:57

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:So I found this in my ashtray just now. Almost gave it to Mt Clemens parking meter.

It's a week at the lake!! hire those kids and run away............

Who do I sell this thing to? I'll take 3/5ths of what it appears to be worth.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-21, 13:03

There's a coin place in Birmingham that will buy it for what it is worth. Think it's called Abbotts.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-21, 13:07

The Pantry wrote:There's a coin place in Birmingham that will buy it for what it is worth. Think it's called Abbotts.

Thanks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-22, 02:52

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:There's a coin place in Birmingham that will buy it for what it is worth.  Think it's called Abbotts.

Thanks.
You're welcome.  Please let us know what they appraise it at.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-24, 17:43

Just in case the Tigers resume sucking tonight......

8pm Kansas City
9pm Hartford....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-24, 19:18

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:There's a coin place in Birmingham that will buy it for what it is worth. Think it's called Abbotts.

Thanks.
Have your dime appraised yet? If so, how did that turn out?

Have a bag of old coins. Looked and have probably 70-80 Mercury dimes in varying conditions. Also have a dozen called "Barber" dimes, which pre-date the Mercury's. They minted the last Barber dimes the same year they started minting Mercury's...1916. Have some Morgan silver dollars and other old stuff. Never bothered to investigate how much the collection might be worth but starting to get curious.

Sold some one ounce Krugerrands to Abbott's a few years when gold was high (over $1700 each). They were kinda easy to put a value on. Couple other places I checked low-balled their value to $1100-$1300. Abbott's was straight-up, full value.

Old coins are different, though.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-24, 19:50

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Thanks.
Have your dime appraised yet? If so, how did that turn out?

Have a bag of old coins. Looked and have probably 70-80 Mercury dimes in varying conditions. Also have a dozen called "Barber" dimes, which pre-date the Mercury's. They minted the last Barber dimes the same year they started minting Mercury's...1916. Have some Morgan silver dollars and other old stuff. Never bothered to investigate how much the collection might be worth but starting to get curious.

Sold some one ounce Krugerrands to Abbott's a few years when gold was high (over $1700 each). They were kinda easy to put a value on. Couple other places I checked low-balled their value to $1100-$1300. Abbott's was straight-up, full value.

Haven't been yet. Will be one of those days where I have nothing to do or I'm going that way. My mom told me it was the year her mom was born, so I might have it made into a necklace for her. It's not in good shape. Just thought it was weird that it popped up in my ashtray. Thought it was Canadian at first. Wonder how many mucky mantles or Pete roses we threw out as kids and chewed the gum. Oh well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-07-24, 20:34

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Have your dime appraised yet? If so, how did that turn out?

Haven't been yet. Will be one of those days where I have nothing to do or I'm going that way. My mom told me it was the year her mom was born, so I might have it made into a necklace for her. It's not in good shape. Just thought it was weird that it popped up in my ashtray. Thought it was Canadian at first. Wonder how many mucky mantles or Pete roses we threw out as kids and chewed the gum. Oh well.
Strange how old coins and currency sometimes show up. Went at lunchtime probably 35 years ago to deposit my paycheck and get some cash...the old bank drive thru with a drawer transfer instead of vacuum tubes. Asked for $30. Got three tens that all looked weird. Got back to the office and checked them out. They were all 1935 ten dollar bills in pretty decent condition despite being over 45 years old at the time. Still have them even though they are worth not much more than face value last time I looked. Kind of wild they were printed during the Great Depression.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-02, 18:08

Boise 8pm
Detroit 9pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-09, 19:24

8pm and 9pm shows tonight are Detroit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-09, 19:25

Should have grabbed my dime.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-16, 18:06

Both hours tonight are from Baton Rouge - Maybe AssDan will be there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next