Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.

+10
Jake from State Farm
tanfan!
Ass Dan
Rocinante
Gomer
The Pantry
Nordic
Code_Warrior
GRR Spartan
DWags
14 posters

Go down

ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.   Empty ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.

Post by DWags Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 17:37

Picked up my daughter from school for the annual wags Super Bowl Mexican food party. So I stopped in EL AZ to pick up a quart of cheese dip and a pint of guacamole. Cheese dip for Sunday quack for tonight (40 fricken bucks you kiddin me? ) Anyway, since the tortilla factory fire, I think the chips are better.

Yes?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.   Empty Re: ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:03

You eating the guacamole one the way home?

And yes ElAz chips are better since the fire.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.   Empty Re: ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.

Post by DWags Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:05

GRR Spartan wrote:You eating the guacamole one the way home?

And yes ElAz chips are better since the fire.

Home now. Daughter dipped into it on the way home. I'll wait. She says it's good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:20

Damn, I haven't had El-Az in a while.... Some ground beef nachos are sounding pretty good...
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:26

I've never eaten at El-Az. Does this put me on the blue list?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:30

Have not had ElAz guac in a long time.

Use to know a chick that managed at both locations. Remember her saying all that was in the guac was avocados, garlic powder, diced onion, and salt. Maybe some lime juice too...I forget. Made it a couple times years back and it came out pretty good but can't remember if it was like the stuff at ElAz.

For those of you that have had it more recently, does that recipe sound correct? Or is there other stuff in it?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:38

The Pantry wrote:Have not had ElAz guac in a long time.

Use to know a chick that managed at both locations. Remember her saying all that was in the guac was avocados, garlic powder, diced onion, and salt. Maybe some lime juice too...I forget. Made it a couple times years back and it came out pretty good but can't remember if it was like the stuff at ElAz.

For those of you that have had it more recently, does that recipe sound correct? Or is there other stuff in it?

Pretty close. Amount of added salt makes it. Have to get that right
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:47

It's the first time they've changed the grease in probably 15 years.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 18:53

Gomer wrote:It's the first time they've changed the grease in probably 15 years.
ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.   502811600

Probably the cause of the fire.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 19:10

How old is she? We might know the same chick.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 19:22

Nordic wrote:I've never eaten at El-Az. Does this put me on the blue list?

Same. Sounds good tho
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 19:46

Rocinante wrote:

Probably 52-53 now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 19:56

Yes. You suck
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:12

That place sucks now
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:14

The Pantry wrote:
Yes. You suck

A little harsh don't you think?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:14

The Pantry wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Probably 52-53 now.

Nvm.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:29

Nordic wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Yes. You suck

Naw. No one attended State without going there at least once.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:40

Handy's on Willow Street has better chips, two different kinds of sauce to dip them in, hot and mild. The place is surrounded by Lansing ghetto so lock your doors when you go get some.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:50

Jake from State Farm wrote:Handy's on Willow Street has better chips, two different kinds of sauce to dip them in, hot and mild. The place is surrounded by Lansing ghetto so lock your doors when you go get some.

I'll take a handy on Willow Street.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 22:00

The Pantry wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Naw.  No one attended State without going there at least once.

You might be right.  My sister talked that shit up when she was there back in the late 80s.  I think it was in a basement back then from what I can tell from her stories????  I don't fucking no… maybe I’m confusing that with the Landshark.  

I was worried about who had ID to buy the next case of Milwaukee's Beast for $5.99, 49 cent bread at the QD, my fucking 8am fluid dynamics lab (never lock yourself in the plenum flux capacitor room at full speed), a red solo cup and a tap for $3, whether or not the condom out of the Aker's vending machine would hold, Rick’s happy hour, buckets of beer, team meals at the Riv, scrapping together 99 cent for a Mickey’s 40ozer at the Total gas station (156 Spartan Street 4life) after said 8am fluid’s lab and praying one of my roommates would be awake to play Sega hockey when I got back.  If I was super hungry I would huff it to (the now abandoned) Taco Bell for a half dozen soft tacos.

I seriously never knew where the fuck that place was until a couple of years ago, until I stumbled past it after a drift down memory lane at Pin Ball Pete’s.  Looks pretty sweet.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 22:31

Nordic wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Naw.  No one attended State without going there at least once.

You might be right.  My sister talked that shit up when she was there back in the late 80s.  I think it was in a basement back then from what I can tell from her stories????  I don't fucking no… maybe I’m confusing that with the Landshark.  

I was worried about who had ID to buy the next case of Milwaukee's Beast for $5.99, 49 cent bread at the QD, my fucking 8am fluid dynamics lab (never lock yourself in the plenum flux capacitor room at full speed), a red solo cup and a tap for $3, whether or not the condom out of the Aker's vending machine would hold, Rick’s happy hour, buckets of beer, team meals at the Riv, scrapping together 99 cent for a Mickey’s 40ozer at the Total gas station (156 Spartan Street 4life) after said 8am fluid’s lab and praying one of my roommates would be awake to play Sega hockey when I got back.  If I was super hungry I would huff it to (the now abandoned) Taco Bell for a half dozen soft tacos.

I seriously never knew where the fuck that place was until a couple of years ago, until I stumbled past it after a drift down memory lane at Pin Ball Pete’s.  Looks pretty sweet.
ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.   502811600 Relax. Nothing you mentioned, except Taco Bell, was there when I was there.

btw...we got cases of Stroh's 16oz longnecks from Shop Rite for $5 way back when
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 22:40

The Pantry wrote:
Nordic wrote:

ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.   502811600   Relax.  Nothing you mentioned, except Taco Bell, was there when I was there.

btw...we got cases of Stroh's 16oz longnecks from Shop Rite for $5 way back when

I'm relaxed... just old and bored

FWIW Beast Lite started at $3.99 a case... a fucking case. Crept to $4.99... then $5.99... then it was Bush lite
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 23:25

Nordic wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
ElAz tortilla chips since the fire.   502811600   Relax.  Nothing you mentioned, except Taco Bell, was there when I was there.

I'm relaxed... just old and bored

FWIW Beast Lite started at $3.99 a case... a fucking case. Crept to $4.99... then $5.99... then it was Bush lite
Strohs was a good deal in the early years at State. Switched to Wiedemann after Strohs became harder to get. Tasted almost identical
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver Sat 6 Feb 2016 - 0:15

[quote="Ass Dan"]

I believe this one is a blue. We better keep an eye out on him.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 6 Feb 2016 - 0:20

I'm younger than some of you super old dudes. But I've never understood the obsession with El Az. Bland mediocre Americanized Mexican food. No better or worse than any other non-chain Mexican place I've run across in Michigan. The difference being, it's in EL, it has a roof, they serve tasty Sangria. Granted I've never been to the old location. I suspect there's a lot of nostalgia there which I totally understand. Kinda like me remembering the OG Panchero's chicken burrito as something that I would gladly kill any of your mothers to taste again.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 6 Feb 2016 - 0:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm younger than some of you super old dudes. But I've never understood the obsession with El Az. Bland mediocre Americanized Mexican food. No better or worse than any other non-chain Mexican place I've run across in Michigan. The difference being, it's in EL, it has a roof, they serve tasty Sangria. Granted I've never been to the old location. I suspect there's a lot of nostalgia there which I totally understand. Kinda like me remembering the OG Panchero's chicken burrito as something that I would gladly kill any of your mothers to taste again.
You're now on the blue list with Nordic
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Sat 6 Feb 2016 - 1:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm younger than some of you super old dudes. But I've never understood the obsession with El Az. Bland mediocre Americanized Mexican food. No better or worse than any other non-chain Mexican place I've run across in Michigan. The difference being, it's in EL, it has a roof, they serve tasty Sangria. Granted I've never been to the old location. I suspect there's a lot of nostalgia there which I totally understand. Kinda like me remembering the OG Panchero's chicken burrito as something that I would gladly kill any of your mothers to taste again.

Never thought El Az was great either.  The cheese dip is awesome though and I would harvest the souls out of every last one you mother fuckers for a real Pancheros Chirozo Burrito.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down