Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natty

+17
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
InTenSity
steveschneider
NigelUno
The_Dude
Vlad
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
SpartanInNH
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Natty Empty Natty

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:18 am

Natty?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Natty Empty Re: Natty

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:20 am

No thanks. Still on Hopslam.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:36 am

We have as good of a shot as anyone in the country. That's all you can ask for.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:55 am

I thinks so but lets keep it on the down low. DV - just wow. You figure any player will have a bad game eventually but the dude is Magic Johnson. F*** now I might have jinxed us. Dude is the best player I have ever seen at least since Magic in 79. Mabye Skiles in 86 but he didn't have this supporting cast. I think we go all the way. Almost think we should shut it down for the next couple of weeks. This team is ready right now.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:28 am

Natty.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:43 am

Herbie Green wrote:I thinks so but lets keep it on the down low. DV - just wow. You figure any player will have a bad game eventually but the dude is Magic Johnson. F*** now I might have jinxed us. Dude is the best player I have ever seen at least since Magic in 79. Mabye Skiles in 86 but he didn't have this supporting cast. I think we go all the way. Almost think we should shut it down for the next couple of weeks. This team is ready right now.
still need to get schilling and Davis more involved in the post. Tum tum needs to learn to hit a layup
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 am

Skullfuck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:09 am

I could use a new t-shirt so, yes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:19 am

That third natty is coming in 5 weeks! Sorry (not sorry) if I offended Bob for posting a beer nativity scene.

Natty Nattylightnativity
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:21 am

Death Roe wrote:That third natty is coming in 5 weeks! Sorry (not sorry) if I offended Bob for posting a beer nativity scene.

Natty Nattylightnativity
any time we can mock religion, I'm cool with it. Natty 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:23 am

I honestly just googled "three natty lights" and this came up.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:31 am

Death Roe wrote:I honestly just googled "three natty lights" and this came up.
that's actually all kinds of awesome.. Natty 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 am

I'm for it.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:41 am

As long as don't face Dook or UNCheat
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:45 am

The_Dude wrote:As long as don't face Dook or UNCheat

Get your own material.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:46 am

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:As long as don't face Dook or UNCheat

Get your own material.

I think he signed into the wrong account.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:51 am

Herbie Green wrote:I thinks so but lets keep it on the down low. DV - just wow. You figure any player will have a bad game eventually but the dude is Magic Johnson. F*** now I might have jinxed us. Dude is the best player I have ever seen at least since Magic in 79. Mabye Skiles in 86 but he didn't have this supporting cast. I think we go all the way. Almost think we should shut it down for the next couple of weeks. This team is ready right now.

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:53 am

I don't see why not. I think we need Davis to step it up and play better, but if we get better play out of him in the tournament I can't see any team beating us.

I hope we do draw Duke and UNCheat. We can beat those fuckers this team is good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:54 am

steveschneider wrote:I don't see why not. I think we need Davis to step it up and play better, but if we get better play out of him in the tournament I can't see any team beating us.

I hope we do draw Duke and UNCheat. We can beat those fuckers this team is good.

Would love to smoke Kentucky too while we're at it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:57 am

I like our draw and look forward to a deep run...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Death Roe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I don't see why not. I think we need Davis to step it up and play better, but if we get better play out of him in the tournament I can't see any team beating us.

Would love to smoke Kentucky too while we're at it.

You and me both. I saw Kentucky last night while on the stair master at the gym, they are definitely playing better but just the way this team is shooting the ball and Denzel is moving the ball down court I think we are tough to beat.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the B10 does in the tournament. Can Iowa make a deep run?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Davis and Costello will determine how deep we go.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:09 pm

Vlad wrote:

Nah. Honestly, I've been subscribing to the Forbes theory. He needs to score 12+ a night in order for MSU to win. Valentine is gonna Valentine, but if Forbes gets shut down, MSU limps. Unless Harris can step up and make the shots (which I thought he did a few times last night). The good thing about Costello, is that he'll bang underneath the rim, so I don't think he'll get intimidated like Payne did against UConn a few years ago. Davis could really use another year in the gym, and I'd like to see him develop that outside shot he was so tempted to shoot a few times. If Schilling can come in and not pick up 2 fouls in 15 seconds, walking onto the floor, than MSU becomes almost unstoppable.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:10 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Nah. Honestly, I've been subscribing to the Forbes theory. He needs to score 12+ a night in order for MSU to win. Valentine is gonna Valentine, but if Forbes gets shut down, MSU limps. Unless Harris can step up and make the shots (which I thought he did a few times last night). The good thing about Costello, is that he'll bang underneath the rim, so I don't think he'll get intimidated like Payne did against UConn a few years ago. Davis could really use another year in the gym, and I'd like to see him develop that outside shot he was so tempted to shoot a few times. If Schilling can come in and not pick up 2 fouls in 15 seconds, walking onto the floor, than MSU becomes almost unstoppable.

I think the common denominator in all (or most) of the games we lost, is that Forbes didn't score (much).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

That's why I think Davis needs to add a new dimension to the team. There's going to be teams that absolutely blanket Forbes.

Who knows though, once we get away from the crappy b10 officiating perhaps it will free up our bigs to play better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:30 pm

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I think the common denominator in all (or most) of the games we lost, is that Forbes didn't score (much).

Yeah, scoring is pretty important. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Here's the deal with Forbes - anytime you become too dependent on the 3-pointer, you're setting yourself up to get bounced. So personally, I do worry about that a little (because that's what I do, worry.) He can/has been stopped or gone cold. If DV goes cold during the same game, our run ends.

But no one can control streaky shooting, so I'm not focused on it. I think it'll come down to Costello and Davis.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yeah, scoring is pretty important. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Here's the deal with Forbes - anytime you become too dependent on the 3-pointer, you're setting yourself up to get bounced. So personally, I do worry about that a little (because that's what I do, worry.) He can/has been stopped or gone cold. If DV goes cold during the same game, our run ends.

But no one can control streaky shooting, so I'm not focused on it. I think it'll come down to Costello and Davis.
Why? Neither of them played particularly well last night and that didn't matter. I think it is a luxury for them to play well, but both of them could have a good game and MSU still loses.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:44 pm

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

That's why I think Davis needs to add a new dimension to the team. There's going to be teams that absolutely blanket Forbes.

Who knows though, once we get away from the crappy b10 officiating perhaps it will free up our bigs to play better.

It's a little late in the year to count on Davis to add a new dimension on offense. If he impacts games on the defensive end, that's all we'll need.

We have enough scorers (especially since Costello has become an option).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Natty Peaxvn10
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:50 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

In the 5 losses, Forbes has a total of 27 points.

He had 27 points last night.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:55 pm

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

In the 5 losses, Forbes has a total of 27 points.

He had 27 points last night.
Yup. He was on fire last night. The OSU guys couldn't even keep up with him through the screens. Iowa was able to do it, so was Nebraska and Purdue. Other than the Iowa games, the other 3 losses should have been wins. So I would say so far, really only Iowa has figure out how to stop MSU, and I think they are starting to fade a bit.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Natty E21b88916042567f4827c2880546b6f1
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It's a little late in the year to count on Davis to add a new dimension on offense. If he impacts games on the defensive end, that's all we'll need.

We have enough scorers (especially since Costello has become an option).

My opinion, but almost every tournament some player emerges for a team that goes on a big run. For Duke it was Winslow, the year scUM went on the big run it was Jesus McGarry.

Davis is getting looks and 2nd attempt baskets, if he can just increase his percentage of hitting those it would be huge.

Forbes is making some great cuts to get open, and he's playing the best ball of his career. Perhaps we won't need another player to emerge, but a lot of teams have a player emerge late in a season. It can only help if the same happens for us.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:27 pm

4 of the last 6 games we have run IU, UM, Wisky and O$U out f the gym.

This is as confident as Ive been since maybe 2001 heading into March that this team is going to make a serious run.

There is no one great team that you see and say I don't want to run into them. Kansas and Duke are the only two teams I don't want to be in a bracket with.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:30 pm

The_Dude wrote:4 of the last 6 games we have run IU, UM, Wisky and O$U out f the gym.

This is as confident as Ive been since maybe 2001 heading into March that this team is going to make a serious run.

There is no one great team that you see and say I don't want to run into them. Kansas and Duke are the only two teams I don't want to be in a bracket with.

We already beat Kansas and Duke is not Duke this year.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:34 pm

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:4 of the last 6 games we have run IU, UM, Wisky and O$U out f the gym.

We already beat Kansas and Duke is not Duke this year.

What does already beating Kansas have to do with not wanting to be in their bracket?

And Duke is better than you think. They are #2 in adjusted offense on Kenpom. MSU is #4 for what its worth.

However Duke isn't as good defensively as they normally are...part of it is their starting pf has been out and will likely remain out. They rank 84th in adjusted D.

Still, having the @2 offense and the way they play...you know they'd shoot 20 more free throws than we would.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Oh look. The dude is arguing that MSU isn't as good as we think they are.

What a surprise.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Rocinante wrote:Oh look. The dude is arguing that MSU isn't as good as we think they are.

What a surprise.

That's what you took from this exchange?

Natty 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:50 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Oh look. The dude is arguing that MSU isn't as good as we think they are.

What a surprise.

That's what you took from this exchange?

Natty 502811600

Natty. STFU
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:54 pm

How well would we match up against Villanova, Virginia and Xavier this year? Haven't watched any of their games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next