Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard?

+16
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanInNH
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Blanch32
duffy munn
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Herbie Green
20 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard?

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 09:48

Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Again.

Congrats on being the biggest dick/troll/idiot.  It's obviously very important to you.

I thought you were going to ignore me. I love you

I thought you wanted to talk hoops, but when I asked you some questions relative to your posts, you ran away like a little girl and resorted (again) to being a dick/troll/idiot.

Your fragile mental health (and my recognition of it, which hopefully leads to you seeking help) is more important than me being selfish and ignoring you.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-03-01, 09:48; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-01, 09:48

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Ok. I give you my resume. And I'm FAR from a basketball expert..

4 years high school basketball at a class A school. Teammates with Dave Yarema and Paul Jokich. High school coach was later an assistant for Jud.
St Celicias camp for the legendary Sam Washington. Played with U of M's Eric Turner.
Notre Dame basketball camp under Digger Phelps. Teammate of Orlando Woolridge.
Try out as a walk on for Jud Heathcote in 1982. Cut, almost instantly. LOL.
Twice made the finals in the IM independent league at MSU.
Pick up games with Skiles over hundred times.
Played in adult leagues with dozens college players. Including: Matt Steginga, Mike Peplowski. Held my own.
15 years as a middle school coach. Helped in camps with David Thomas and Carleton Valentine. A few of my players later won a state championship at Lansing Catholic.

Again, doesn't make me an expert about MSU basketball by any stretch. Certainly light years behind Izzo.

Your turn.

You'd think someone with such a strong PLAYING background would have participated in at least one rcmb classic held in his hometown. Hell, even that old crazy dude, gruff Sparty or whatever, played in one. Course I owned him and his ymca old man foul game. Still he showed, which you can respect
His dad probably wouldn't pay tRCMB Classic entry fee.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-01, 09:53

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
I thought you were going to ignore me. I love you

I thought you wanted to talk hoops, but when I asked you some questions relative to your posts, you ran away like a little girl and resorted (again) to being a dick/troll/idiot.

Your fragile mental health (and my recognition of it, which hopefully leads to you seeking help) is more important than me being selfish and ignoring you.
I was really going for being the 4th best troll on this board. I hope I didn't accomplish more than that, because who wants to be 1st?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 09:56

Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I was really going for being the 4th best troll on this board. I hope I didn't accomplish more than that, because who wants to be 1st?

Careful. You might crack yourself up.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-01, 09:58

I liked this thread better when we were talking about how dumb Herbie is.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-01, 10:01

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Izzo is a HoF coach, but there are lots of HoF coaches. duffy says we'll never get another coach of his calibre, but we've already had a one-title winning HoF coach, so I strongly disagree with that notion. If Izzo gets #2, maybe duffy is right that it will be hard to replace a multiple-title winning coach.

But as of now, it's not unreasonable to think MSU's next coach or coaches can't win one title in a 20-year span.

I LOVE Jud Heathcote but if you are seriously comparing his career to Izzo's you are nuts. I know everything boils down to titles win you but come on.

Jud had one great team (79) and basically 3 very good ones 85-86, 90-91 and 94-95. I know Final fours are meaningless to you but Jud made 1. Izzo 7 and maybe going on 9 ( this year and next). Jud had a lot of very mediocre years and recruited miserably for a long time. He missed the tourney nearly as many times as he made it.

Man, considering how hard you are on Izzo, you would of been livid if you were around for the Jud years.

I will say it again: just try to enjoy what we have now in basketball. The odds of the next guy being as good are gigantic. ( I know, I know, I know....the only things that matters are National titles) but damn the FF runs have been fun. Just not good enough for you.

I agree for the most part, but I don't think there's any reason why the next coach can't maintain a program that operates at a very high level.

UofM is down again, Izzo is king of the State. It is also a very talent rich region and MSU is a powerhouse program. If you can draw one or two blue chip players you can go far.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-01, 10:04

Blanch and I are like the Magic and Denzel of swill message board posting. It is hard to explain it because we see things that no one else can. Before you even had a chance to think about it, the post was already made.
Sure there will be some mistakes along the way because we aren't afraid to take risks. But all you have to do is keep your eyes open and be ready and we can lead you to greatness.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-01, 10:12

Herbie Green wrote:Blanch and I are like the Magic and Denzel of swill message board posting. It is hard to explain it because we see things that no one else can. Before you even had a chance to think about it, the post was already made.
Sure there will be some mistakes along the way because we aren't afraid to take risks. But all you have to do is keep your eyes open and be ready and we can lead you to greatness.

Funny, I've always thought of you two as the captains of ships. Joe Hazzelwood and Edward Smith to be exact.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 10:14

Herbie Green wrote:Blanch and I are like the Magic and Denzel of swill message board posting. It is hard to explain it because we see things that no one else can. Before you even had a chance to think about it, the post was already made.

You mean like a black mark on the Rose Bowl? Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-01, 10:22

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I LOVE Jud Heathcote but if you are seriously comparing his career to Izzo's you are nuts. I know everything boils down to titles win you but come on.

Jud had one great team (79) and basically 3 very good ones 85-86, 90-91 and 94-95. I know Final fours are meaningless to you but Jud made 1. Izzo 7 and maybe going on 9 ( this year and next). Jud had a lot of very mediocre years and recruited miserably for a long time. He missed the tourney nearly as many times as he made it.

Man, considering how hard you are on Izzo, you would of been livid if you were around for the Jud years.

I will say it again: just try to enjoy what we have now in basketball. The odds of the next guy being as good are gigantic. ( I know, I know, I know....the only things that matters are National titles) but damn the FF runs have been fun. Just not good enough for you.

I agree for the most part, but I don't think there's any reason why the next coach can't maintain a program that operates at a very high level.

UofM is down again, Izzo is king of the State. It is also a very talent rich region and MSU is a powerhouse program. If you can draw one or two blue chip players you can go far.

I agree that the program can continue at a high level after Izzo. I don't think it's realistic to expect the next guy to do what Izzo has done over the past two decades.

Obviously, it's all speculation without even knowing who the next guy is going to be.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 10:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:(putting on my SD1324 Internet Psychology hat) blanch has a carefully crafted persona, but I suspect that at this point he's bought into it so much/is so full of himself that he probably actually has morphed into that person.

1. He thinks he's better than you and anyone else online.
2. Thus, he doesn't care to communicate with you or anyone else in any intelligent form. He types in short hand because he doesn't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. He believes what he believes and will ridicule anyone who disagrees.
3. He has convinced himself, likely in every sphere but his professional one, that communicating with people in this format gets him what he wants. Because he has mastered the art of taking advantage of girls with self confidence issues by utilizing said technique. And thus, in his mind:
4. See Point 1

blanch is probably pretty happy with himself and his life and I think that's swell. Honestly I do. People are allowed to have different perspectives on life. They will be judged, but you gotta be comfortable with who you are. Clearly blanch is.

Allright, that's enough for tonight. Tomorrow I'll tell you guys about Giant Moose's micropenis. (INTERNET THEORY ONLY)

I love when you dudes pyshoanalize me. It's always fascinating for some reason. I've been posting on da internets for over 20 years and yet, I'm still an enigma to some
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 10:50

gHost Spartan wrote:Both Muffy and Fwags have played and coached these sports and associated with MSU and Michigan coaches in camps and such so I tend to value their perspective more than most. Sure, they blow sunshine, but that's okay. At the end of the day Izzo has the hoops team in position to get a #1 seed and hopefully work his magic in the tournament, so I'll take it. In fact, I don't even care to even discuss hoops, let's just watch and enjoy the games

Ghost, and what insight and prospective do they add? Hell, if anything they are among our worst fanboys. If they ever brought anything of substance that would be different, but they only fallback on the idiot coaching clipshay "you weren't in the huddle so you don't know"
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 10:53

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You'd think someone with such a strong PLAYING background would have participated in at least one rcmb classic held in his hometown. Hell, even that old crazy dude, gruff Sparty or whatever, played in one. Course I owned him and his ymca old man foul game. Still he showed, which you can respect
His dad probably wouldn't pay tRCMB Classic entry fee.

Lol!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 10:56

Remember when you and I were the only ones who had the sack to call out the darko pick? We minus as well said we were a blue with the shit storm we took. And yet, even though we were both right some of those same idiots still defend it for some odd and twisted reason I'll never understand.

...and some of these same clowns are attacking us in this thread. Go figure
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 11:15

Blanch32 wrote:

Remember when you and I were the only ones who had the sack to call out the darko pick? We minus as well said we were a blue with the shit storm we took. And yet, even though we were both right some of those same idiots still defend it for some odd and twisted reason I'll never understand.

Fish pills working!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-01, 11:47

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I agree that the program can continue at a high level after Izzo. I don't think it's realistic to expect the next guy to do what Izzo has done over the past two decades.

Obviously, it's all speculation without even knowing who the next guy is going to be.

You know who made a dumb ass coaching change? The Golden Golphers. Got ready of Tubby who was getting them into the NCAA tournament every year, to hiring a coach that has them resting at last place. What a bunch of idiots.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-01, 11:47

Blanch32 wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Both Muffy and Fwags have played and coached these sports and associated with MSU and Michigan coaches in camps and such so I tend to value their perspective more than most. Sure, they blow sunshine, but that's okay. At the end of the day Izzo has the hoops team in position to get a #1 seed and hopefully work his magic in the tournament, so I'll take it. In fact, I don't even care to even discuss hoops, let's just watch and enjoy the games

Ghost, and what insight and prospective do they add? Hell, if anything they are among our worst fanboys. If they ever brought anything of substance that would be different, but they only fallback on the idiot coaching clipshay "you weren't in the huddle so you don't know"

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 Articl11
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-01, 11:51

I always know when guys like DWags are losing when they start to post personal insults. blanch, you look OLD! OMG, so horrible!

It's all good, though, because they are sunshine optimists who love MSU and would never degrade a fellow Spartan. Oh wait...
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-01, 11:53

Giant Moose wrote:I always know when guys like DWags are losing when they start to post personal insults. blanch, you look OLD! OMG, so horrible!

It's all good, though, because they are sunshine optimists who love MSU and would never degrade a fellow Spartan. Oh wait...
As opposed to your tired schtick of things in 4 and not taking 1st place?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-01, 11:55

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I always know when guys like DWags are losing when they start to post personal insults. blanch, you look OLD! OMG, so horrible!

Being annoying isn't the same as being a hypocrite. Guys like duffy and DWags will defend anything MSU to their grave, but have no problem hurling insults at fellow MSU fans for random things like having a dead parent, looking old, or having kids.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 11:55

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You know who made a dumb ass coaching change? The Golden Golphers. Got ready of Tubby who was getting them into the NCAA tournament every year, to hiring a coach that has them resting at last place. What a bunch of idiots.

That's my fear for eother sport. Can't ever fire the coach who hits your programs ceiling. Only one way down from there.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 11:56

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Being annoying isn't the same as being a hypocrite. Guys like duffy and DWags will defend anything MSU to their grave, but have no problem hurling insults at fellow MSU fans for random things like having a dead parent, looking old, or having kids.

At least duffy doesn't try to hide it nor posts as schticks.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-03-01, 11:59

Giant Moose wrote:
Being annoying isn't the same as being a hypocrite.

In your case, it's much worse.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-01, 12:00

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 502811600

Blanch: If they ever brought anything of substance that would be different, but they only fallback on the idiot coaching clipshay "you weren't in the huddle so you don't know"

GM, when I call you an idiot, or say you don't know shit about sports, I don't mean it disparagingly, I mean I really think you're a fucking idiot and don't know shit about sports.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-01, 12:01

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 1966794946 Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 12:26

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I'm sorry...are you implying that blanch never hurls insults?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 12:27

Cameron wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Being annoying isn't the same as being a hypocrite.

In your case, it's much worse.

Zing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-01, 12:28

Blanch32 wrote:

Insert Air Ball chant for the below. But way to go on Darko! Keep on shootin'...

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t5339-i-hate-to-say-this-about-valentine?highlight=Denzel+Valentine+++-good
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 12:29

Nordic wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Insert Air Ball chant for the below. But way to go on Darko! Keep on shootin'...

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t5339-i-hate-to-say-this-about-valentine?highlight=Denzel+Valentine+++-good

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 4 1486952199
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-01, 14:17

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

No, he's a legitimate idiot. He doesn't realize that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-01, 21:24

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

GM, do you really think Blanch doesn't insult people? For, I don't know having an opinion on a presidential election? What would you be willing to bet on it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 21:29

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Calling you a loon I isn't an insult. It's a politically incorrect inconvenient truth
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 21:30

Nordic wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Missed my Feb 16th thread that same year bf the final four run??? Guess so
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 21:32

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

GM, do you really think Blanch doesn't insult people? For, I don't know having an opinion on a presidential election? What would you be willing to bet on it?

Only "slow" and "special" people read that post from moose. Then somehow spin it into something about me. Gmat inference fail.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 21:40

GSM: you all play the "holier than thou" game yet tilt it when someone calls you on your hypocracy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-01, 21:58

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Ok. I give you my resume. And I'm FAR from a basketball expert..

4 years high school basketball at a class A school. Teammates with Dave Yarema and Paul Jokich. High school coach was later an assistant for Jud.
St Celicias camp for the legendary Sam Washington. Played with U of M's Eric Turner.
Notre Dame basketball camp under Digger Phelps. Teammate of Orlando Woolridge.
Try out as a walk on for Jud Heathcote in 1982. Cut, almost instantly. LOL.
Twice made the finals in the IM independent league at MSU.
Pick up games with Skiles over hundred times.
Played in adult leagues with dozens college players. Including: Matt Steginga, Mike Peplowski. Held my own.
15 years as a middle school coach. Helped in camps with David Thomas and Carleton Valentine. A few of my players later won a state championship at Lansing Catholic.

Again, doesn't make me an expert about MSU basketball by any stretch. Certainly light years behind Izzo.

Your turn.

Thanks for finally posting your basketball back round. You took down an old man in a tourney of misfit message board posters. I'm impressed.

It's really no wonder you are a basketball genius.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-01, 22:00

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Only "slow" and "special" people read that post from moose. Then somehow spin it into something about me. Gmat inference fail.

Not really. There's a progression of posts that include a reference to you.

Maybe you're too "slow" and "special" to follow them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 22:09

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Not really. There's a progression of posts that include a reference to you.

Maybe you're too "slow" and "special" to follow them.

What was the refence?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-01, 22:10

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Thanks for finally posting your basketball back round. You took down an old man in a tourney of misfit message board posters. I'm impressed.

....and yet you were too afraid to play. Got to believe a college IM all star could more than hold his own again a sea of virgin nerds
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-03-01, 22:35

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

....and yet you were too afraid to play. Got to believe a college IM all star could more than hold his own again a sea of virgin nerds

I don't make it a habit to socialize with strangers from the internet. I sure as hell would not be afraid to play against the likes of you.

Refresh my memory, were you cut in 5th or 6th grade ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next