Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard?

+16
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanInNH
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Blanch32
duffy munn
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Herbie Green
20 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard?

Post by DWags Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 16:02

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You don't need a wealth of basketball knowledge to post here.

Herbie, Moose, and blanch have proved that.

True. But a thimble of it would be nice.

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600

at least they know we lost and its some bodies fault.

:
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard?

Post by Blanch32 Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 16:24

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You don't need a wealth of basketball knowledge to post here.

Herbie, Moose, and blanch have proved that.

Still more than yourself
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 16:40

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Still more than yourself

You SEIZED THE DAY with that one. Take a break. Go play around on tinder awhile. Get ghost some pics.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 20:19

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Still more than yourself

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600 Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946 Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946 Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946

Did you ever play ? Did you ever coach ?

Third grade girls no more about basketball than you do.

Please give us your basketball resume.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 20:57

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Still more than yourself

You SEIZED THE DAY with that one. Take a break. Go play around on tinder awhile. Get ghost some pics.

Poor job staliking today. Don't you know I moved on to bumble
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 20:58

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Still more than yourself

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600 Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946 Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946 Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946

Duffy again. You a simpleton. Just proved it again
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 21:01

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Still waiting on your basketball resume. Guessing you will never tell me and again I don't blame you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 21:20

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Still waiting on your basketball resume. Guessing you will never tell me and again I don't blame you.

Duffy, I'm not some bar back at the fratshark. I don't report to you. Instead, my warm bud light is low, go fetch me another pal
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 21:54

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Duffy, I'm not some bar back at the fratshark. I don't report to you. Instead, my warm bud light is low, go fetch me another pal

Ok. I give you my resume. And I'm FAR from a basketball expert..

4 years high school basketball at a class A school. Teammates with Dave Yarema and Paul Jokich. High school coach was later an assistant for Jud.
St Celicias camp for the legendary Sam Washington. Played with U of M's Eric Turner.
Notre Dame basketball camp under Digger Phelps. Teammate of Orlando Woolridge.
Try out as a walk on for Jud Heathcote in 1982. Cut, almost instantly. LOL.
Twice made the finals in the IM independent league at MSU.
Pick up games with Skiles over hundred times.
Played in adult leagues with dozens college players. Including: Matt Steginga, Mike Peplowski. Held my own.
15 years as a middle school coach. Helped in camps with David Thomas and Carleton Valentine. A few of my players later won a state championship at Lansing Catholic.

Again, doesn't make me an expert about MSU basketball by any stretch. Certainly light years behind Izzo.

Your turn.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:19

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

4 years high school basketball at a class A school. Teammates with Dave Yarema and Paul Jokich. High school coach was later an assistant for Jud.
St Celicias camp for the legendary Sam Washington. Played with U of M's Eric Turner.
Played in adult leagues with dozens college players. Including: Matt Steginga, Mike Peplowski. Held my own.
15 years as a middle school coach. Helped in camps with David Thomas and Carleton Valentine. A few of my players later won a state championship at Lansing Catholic.

Again, doesn't make me an expert about MSU basketball by any stretch. Certainly light years behind Izzo.

Your turn.

St Celcias was bad ass. You Rice kids were ok. Still pissed magic and shoes took it to you in OT at the finals or were you a year away yet?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:22

duff you are responding to guys who regularly question Tom Izzo's resume by posting your own resume as a means of proving that you know more than they do. Not saying you're wrong, just saying you're not going to win this argument.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:36

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Your turn.

St Celcias was bad ass. You Rice kids were ok. Still pissed magic and shoes took it to you in OT at the finals or were you a year away yet?

I was in 8th grade when Magic beat us. Kevin Smith hit the half court shot to send the game into OT. Three point line then and Rice is the state champ. Kevin Smith is the second best high school player I ever saw.

Sadly, the Brother Rice basketball program is bad right now. Never the same after Bill Norton.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:duff you are responding to guys who regularly question Tom Izzo's resume by posting your own resume as a means of proving that you know more than they do. Not saying you're wrong, just saying you're not going to win this argument.

I never claimed to be an expert. I'm not. But I'm damn sure I know more about basketball than Blanch.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:45

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I was in 8th grade when Magic beat us. Kevin Smith hit the half court shot to send the game into OT. Three point line then and Rice is the state champ. Kevin Smith is the second best high school player I ever saw.

Sadly, the Brother Rice basketball program is bad right now. Never the same after Bill Norton.

Who's #1? Joubert?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:48

Herbie Green wrote:It took him 3.5 years to figure it out with Denzel.  And that was mostly by accident.

Jesus, how can there already be 3 pages on this drivel.  

Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 200
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 23:17

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Who's #1? Joubert?
Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600 The Judge was a damn good high school player. And the filthy dirty Southwestern high school program under did pretty well under Ed Martin and Perry Watson.

Fat Boy met his match and then some when he went against Skiles.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 23:20

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Who's #1? Joubert?
Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600 The Judge was a damn good high school player. And the filthy dirty Southwestern high school program under did pretty well under Ed Martin and Perry Watson.

BJ Armstrong. I'm guessing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 23:25

BJ's dad was so damn cool. Guy officiated basketball into his late 60's. BJ had just signed a 20 million dollar contract and the next night his dad did a game at my gym. He walked in and I said "the hell you doing here, he just signed for 20 million.?" This, as I was handing him a 45 dollar check for the varsity game. He said "Wags, where else am I gonna get paid to get a workout in?" Great human being.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 23:48

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote: Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600 The Judge was a damn good high school player. And the filthy dirty Southwestern high school program under did pretty well under Ed Martin and Perry Watson.

BJ Armstrong. I'm guessing

My younger brother played with BJ. Kevin Smith was the guy I say was the second best player I ever saw next to Magic.

BJ obviously went on to the NBA, played with Jordan, has a ring and is an NBA exec today.

Told you I'm not an expert.Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 23:50

DWags wrote:BJ's dad was so damn cool. Guy officiated basketball into his late 60's. BJ had just signed a 20 million dollar contract and the next night his dad did a game at my gym. He walked in and I said "the hell you doing here, he just signed for 20 million.?" This, as I was handing him a 45 dollar check for the varsity game. He said "Wags, where else am I gonna get paid to get a workout in?" Great human being.

Very cool story bro.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 0:10

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:duff you are responding to guys who regularly question Tom Izzo's resume by posting your own resume as a means of proving that you know more than they do. Not saying you're wrong, just saying you're not going to win this argument.

I never claimed to be an expert. I'm not. But I'm damn sure I know more about basketball than Blanch.

I think you missed my point.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 0:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I think you missed my point.

Point taken WBH. I know I will never win an argument with the likes of Blanch and his ilk. Message board mentality rules.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 0:30

(putting on my SD1324 Internet Psychology hat) blanch has a carefully crafted persona, but I suspect that at this point he's bought into it so much/is so full of himself that he probably actually has morphed into that person.

1. He thinks he's better than you and anyone else online.
2. Thus, he doesn't care to communicate with you or anyone else in any intelligent form. He types in short hand because he doesn't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. He believes what he believes and will ridicule anyone who disagrees.
3. He has convinced himself, likely in every sphere but his professional one, that communicating with people in this format gets him what he wants. Because he has mastered the art of taking advantage of girls with self confidence issues by utilizing said technique. And thus, in his mind:
4. See Point 1

blanch is probably pretty happy with himself and his life and I think that's swell. Honestly I do. People are allowed to have different perspectives on life. They will be judged, but you gotta be comfortable with who you are. Clearly blanch is.

Allright, that's enough for tonight. Tomorrow I'll tell you guys about Giant Moose's micropenis. (INTERNET THEORY ONLY)
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 0:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:(putting on my SD1324 Internet Psychology hat) blanch has a carefully crafted persona, but I suspect that at this point he's bought into it so much/is so full of himself that he probably actually has morphed into that person.

1. He thinks he's better than you and anyone else online.
2. Thus, he doesn't care to communicate with you or anyone else in any intelligent form. He types in short hand because he doesn't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. He believes what he believes and will ridicule anyone who disagrees.
3. He has convinced himself, likely in every sphere but his professional one, that communicating with people in this format gets him what he wants. Because he has mastered the art of taking advantage of girls with self confidence issues by utilizing said technique. And thus, in his mind:
4. See Point 1

blanch is probably pretty happy with himself and his life and I think that's swell. Honestly I do. People are allowed to have different perspectives on life. They will be judged, but you gotta be comfortable with who you are. Clearly blanch is.

Allright, that's enough for tonight. Tomorrow I'll tell you guys about Giant Moose's micropenis. (INTERNET THEORY ONLY)

This needs to be a new thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 0:42

Too lazy, just musing. I should probably go to bed. My work/client meeting schedule right now ain't nothin to be laughed at.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 6:51

So because duffy played some basketball camp scrimmages with Orlando Woolridge like 40 years ago, no one can talk MSU hoops? Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 7:42

Giant Moose wrote:So because duffy played some basketball camp scrimmages with Orlando Woolridge like 40 years ago, no one can talk MSU hoops? Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946

But, you're not really talking hoops. You're just being a dick/troll/idiot (as evidenced by the thread you HAD to post this morning).

I am sorry that your personal mental well-being has been damaged by Coach K. Really, I am. You should honestly seek professional help. It's pathetic that you let a game that college kids play impact your life to this degree (i.e., it has completely broken you and turned you into what you've become).

You have easily become the worst poster/troll on this board, and trust me that's saying a lot. If that's what you were trying to accomplish, I extend you a very heartfelt congratulations.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 7:46

Giant Moose wrote:So because duffy played some basketball camp scrimmages with Orlando Woolridge like 40 years ago, no one can talk MSU hoops? Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946

You talk MSU hoops? Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 8:07

Things I have learned from tSwill.

1. It's just a game played by 18-22 year olds so you shouldn't care about it so much. -Nigel
2. If you didn't play a scrimmage at basketball camp with Orlando Woolridge, you can't talk hoops. -duffy
3. Coaches who win multiple national titles aren't as good as ones that have only won one. -DWags
4. Crucial plays at the end of the game don't matter. It's all about the rest of the game. -Turtleneck

This board is great. lol!
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 8:18

I never said that. Not even close.

I was trying to get basketball genius Blanch to let us know how he became an expert. I know he won't answer but I tried.

As for talking hoops, that's what messages boards are for. Hell, you try to sound informed about MSU basketball all of the time. In truth, you just spew the same tired bullshit again and again. The more you talk about basketball, the dumber you sound.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 8:56

Giant Moose wrote:Things I have learned from tSwill.

1. It's just a game played by 18-22 year olds so you shouldn't care about it so much. -Nigel
2. If you didn't play a scrimmage at basketball camp with Orlando Woolridge, you can't talk hoops. -duffy
3. Coaches who win multiple national titles aren't as good as ones that have only won one. -DWags
4. Crucial plays at the end of the game don't matter. It's all about the rest of the game. -Turtleneck

Giant Moose doesn't know shit about sports.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:07

Again.

Congrats on being the biggest dick/troll/idiot. It's obviously very important to you.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:09

DWags wrote:

Giant Moose doesn't know shit about sports.

1. Giant Moose doesn't know shit about sports. - DWags
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:15

I learned that even if a MSU decision leads to a negative outcome it should be defended to the death. Anyone that wants to debate other alternatives should be personally attacked. Name calling and smilies really help demonstrate the relative merit of an opinion.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:20

NigelUno wrote:

Again.

Congrats on being the biggest dick/troll/idiot. It's obviously very important to you.

I thought you were going to ignore me. I love you
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:26

Herbie Green wrote:

I learned that even if a MSU decision leads to a negative outcome it should be defended to the death. Anyone that wants to debate other alternatives should be personally attacked. Name calling and smilies really help demonstrate the relative merit of an opinion.

Not necessarily true. I've been critical of Izzo at times. I don't get not fouling when up 3 with under 5 seconds left. I wish he would take his starters out quicker in blow outs. I fear a key player is going to get hurt in garbage time. I also wish he would learn to say no to outside people requesting his time.

Now, when someone wonders out loud if the Hall of Fame coach would be smart enough to play freaking Magic Johnson at the point, it's gonna get ripped.

Or when someone constantly down plays final fours, plays the Duke and Carolina card relentlessly or brings up Russell Byrd a billion times.........
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:29

Herbie Green wrote:

I'll speak to this because lord knows our coaches make mistakes they want to take back, and man are they not anywhere near perfect.

Question: Do you think there is a way to bring those mistakes up in a manner that doesn't invite criticism of the post? Is there a way to question a decision without getting people pissed off who are pissed off we lost in the first place? Or, do you think there are personalities on this board that actually WANT to piss people off more?

Question 2: How many of these guys bring up impossible situations for coaches to achieve what the poster wanted them to do? Esxample, Valentine having 37 minutes in a game against Uconn two years ago, Harris having 37 minutes in a game against Uconn two years ago, Trice going 0-5 and not being able to penetrate in against Napier and having 20 minutes in a game against Uconn two years ago, and saying Izzo needed o pull appling out. How is that doable? It's as frustrating as listening to radio callers call in and saying "we should trade Suh and Stafford to Green Bay for Rodgers". WTF?

I guess my point is if we read "Izzo loses in the final four all the time" or "Great Dantonio gets to the playoffs and gets his ass kicked". At that point, are we expected to just say welp, we suck? Or can we point out some of the good things our school and program has done? Is that allowed or should we just let the posters vent and say fuck it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:32

gHost Spartan wrote:Both Muffy and Fwags have played and coached these sports and associated with MSU and Michigan coaches in camps and such so I tend to value their perspective more than most. Sure, they blow sunshine, but that's okay. At the end of the day Izzo has the hoops team in position to get a #1 seed and hopefully work his magic in the tournament, so I'll take it. In fact, I don't even care to even discuss hoops, let's just watch and enjoy the games

I'll go on record as saying, no matter how much I coached football or watched and studied with coaches who coach college football, I don't know shit and my opinion is not any more valuable than anyone on this board. If I was good, I'd be coaching and not on this side of the message boards.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:43

Herbie Green wrote:

I learned that Izzo wouldn't have started Magic at PG.

I learned that Herbie was stuck at the bottom of a dry well and it was all Izzo's fault.

I learned that Herbie is an idiot. Do you think Izzo would have started Magic at Point Guard? - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:47

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Your turn.

You'd think someone with such a strong PLAYING background would have participated in at least one rcmb classic held in his hometown. Hell, even that old crazy dude, gruff Sparty or whatever, played in one. Course I owned him and his ymca old man foul game. Still he showed, which you can respect
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next