Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast

+10
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
DWags
tGreenWay
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 Empty Re: Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-03-01, 16:04

Fake

http://www.snopes.com/carbon-monoxide-spike-earthquake/
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 Empty Re: Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-01, 16:09

Tim Wakefield wrote:Fake

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 1966794946 Fuckity fuckity fuck.

I saw the sketchy websites last night, but didn't include them for the very reasons listed on snopes. Like I said, I don't read Daily Kos, mostly because it's more hyperbole than facts. But just because I don't like it doesn't mean it lacks some credibility, which is why I linked the story.

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 502811600 Live and learn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-03-01, 16:15

Welp, the suck on the east side has begun. Specifically, the weather.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-01, 16:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:Welp, the suck on the east side has begun. Specifically, the weather.

It stopped here for an hour. I thought it was done. Then I looked at live radar and saw we were in a clearing in the middle of the storm. Now, it's back and snowing more than ever.

I hope Bob lives through this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-03-01, 16:27

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Welp, the suck on the east side has begun. Specifically, the weather.

It stopped here for an hour. I thought it was done. Then I looked at live radar and saw we were in a clearing in the middle of the storm. Now, it's back and snowing more than ever.

It isn't that bad but I guarantee people will be freaking out enough to make my mile six mile commute home on surface streets take an hour.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-01, 16:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It isn't that bad but I guarantee people will be freaking out enough to make my mile six mile commute home on surface streets take an hour.

Yep, those bad drivers on dry pavement get way worse in these wx conditions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-03-01, 16:35

tGreenWay wrote:

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 1966794946 Fuckity fuckity fuck.

I saw the sketchy websites last night, but didn't include them for the very reasons listed on snopes. Like I said, I don't read Daily Kos, mostly because it's more hyperbole than facts. But just because I don't like it doesn't mean it lacks some credibility, which is why I linked the story.

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 502811600 Live and learn.

You're no better than ghost with these stories. Step it up
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-03-01, 16:41

Interesting it says "mostly false".  

The CO emission thing is a hypothesis.  Neither proven or unproven.  Same as the lipid hypothesis...which doctors, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, and the food industry have been using to scare consumers out of dollars for decades.  

Personally, I think the CO/earthquake link has a higher probability of being true.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-03-01, 21:06

The Pantry wrote:

The CO emission thing is a hypothesis.  Neither proven or unproven.  Same as the lipid hypothesis...which doctors, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, and the food industry have been using to scare consumers out of dollars for decades.  

Personally, I think the CO/earthquake link has a higher probability of being true.

Yeah but you drink raw milk.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-03-01, 21:12

San Andreas is on HBO... foreshadowing???
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-01, 21:17

CORNER BLITZ wrote:San Andreas is on HBO... foreshadowing???

I watched that last week for a bit, fucking drove me crazy.
Had to turn it off.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-03-01, 21:18

Rocinante wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Yeah but you drink raw milk.
Which is the correct type of milk for anyone with a fucking clue
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-03-01, 21:54

barf
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-01, 22:17

Rocinante wrote:barf

Poor man....until you've had fresh milk straight from the bulk tank you haven't lived.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-05, 11:41

Sounds like it's all ready to go to hell this week - East Coast or West Coast.

The south is SINKING: Giant chunks of the Earth's mantle are falling off and causing quakes across the southeastern US - and more are coming, warn researchers

San Andreas fault 'locked, loaded and ready to roll' with big earthquake, expert says

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-05-05, 12:22

LooseGoose wrote:Sounds like it's all ready to go to hell this week - East Coast or West Coast.

The south is SINKING: Giant chunks of the Earth's mantle are falling off and causing quakes across the southeastern US - and more are coming, warn researchers

San Andreas fault 'locked, loaded and ready to roll' with big earthquake, expert says

Say goodbye to America's wang.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-05, 14:12

LooseGoose wrote:Sounds like it's all ready to go to hell this week - East Coast or West Coast.

The South? Oh. NBD.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-05-05, 14:16

tGreenWay wrote:

The South? Oh. NBD.

And California......the reality is the country might be better for it. Especially if it's the big one out west that takes out those freaks in WA/OR too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-05, 14:23

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The South? Oh. NBD.

And California......the reality is the country might be better for it. Especially if it's the big one out west that takes out those freaks in WA/OR too.

I'm okay with losing CA, but there's just too much natural beauty in the PNW for me to want to see it go. I'll just have to hope The Big One carves out the West Coast the way legislators carve out congressional districts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-05-05, 15:22

So, my wife's best friend got a job offer she couldn't refuse to work at UC Berkeley. Or one of the CA universities. Her husband is a huge right wing conservative guy. Before the move he's posting on friendspace about how he's going to hate it and its so liberal and the policies and blah blah blah. Now all he can talk about is how great CA is.
Pointless story. Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 1f4aa
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-05-05, 15:41

Anyone that posts shit like that on friendspace deserves a quake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-30, 12:26

Risk of big earthquake on San Andreas fault rises after quake swarm at Salton Sea

The San Andreas fault’s southernmost stretch has not ruptured since about 1680 — more than 330 years ago, scientists estimate. And a big earthquake happens on average in this area once every 150 or 200 years, so experts think the region is long overdue for a major quake.

The swarm actually increased the likelihood of a much more major quake in Southern California, at least temporarily.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, for the seven-day period following Tuesday, the chances of a magnitude-7 or greater earthquake being triggered on the southern San Andreas fault are as high as 1 in 100 and as low as 1 in 3,000. The chances diminish over time.

Experts said it’s important to understand that the chance of the swarm triggering a big one, while small, was real.

“This is close enough to be in that worry zone,” seismologist Lucy Jones said of the location of the earthquake swarm. “It’s a part of California that the seismologists all watch.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-30, 13:20

We have a 51-50 in paperbacks. Swarm! Swarm!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-13, 13:20

Signs of past California 'mega-quakes' show danger of the Big One on San Andreas fault
Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 600

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-13, 13:43

Rocinante wrote:Don't you hate it when you buy a new pair of shoes and they have great tread and you walk through some gravel on the street and then the tread is just full of the gravel? Fucking sucks man.

What the hell was I doing with this? Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 1f603
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-13, 13:46

This thread is great because "the big one" is just like jesus' return. If you keep saying it's right around the corner, eventually you'll be right.

except jesus is never returning, guys.

but the big one will maybe happen someday. Or maybe it'll be a series of littler ones. nobody knows.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-05, 16:29

Fears that deadly Yellowstone supervolcano about to BLOW after 1400 earthquakes hit

Sorry Roc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-05, 16:44

I have no more room for water and soup in storage.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-05, 16:45

Fellas, it's too rough to feed you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-05, 16:51

tGreenWay wrote:Fellas, it's too rough to feed you.

That's if it's a fucking ship you dumbee and it's not been good to know you. Fix your rosebush.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-05, 16:59

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Fellas, it's too rough to feed you.

That's if it's a fucking ship you dumbee and it's not been good to know you. Fix your rosebush.

It could be a ship! Jellystone is in North Dakota and there's lots of water in North Dakota. And first it's too rough to feed ya, then it's been good to know ya. Think, DWags, THINK!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-08-05, 17:04

Dammit - now I will never know how Game of Thrones ends.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-05, 17:06

MSU addict wrote:Dammit - now I will never know how Game of Thrones ends.

There's time. Our deaths will likely be slow and painful. Much like one of gHost's stories of adventure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-05, 17:25

tGreenWay wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Dammit - now I will never know how Game of Thrones ends.

There's time. Our deaths will likely be slow and painful. Much like one of gHost's stories of adventure.

Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 502811600 Alt news: Major CO release may signal impending quake on West Coast - Page 2 502811600
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2