Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is is time to kill tSwill?

+25
WhiteBoyHatcher
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
Turtleneck
Nordic
Heat Miser
tanfan!
SpartanInNH
Herbie Green
Gomer
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Toe
Death Roe
Giant Moose
InTenSity
steveschneider
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
29 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Well, is it?

Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 8 ]
Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_lcap53%Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 20 ]
Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_lcap16%Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]
Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 38

Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is is time to kill tSwill?

Post by tGreenWay Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Turtleneck wrote:What's "upper cable?"

That's none of your business. Dont you worry your pretty little head about that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
Gomer wrote:
Can you make it bigger?  And blinking?  And one click does the trick?

Seriously.  I think that that might help.

Gaymer. I actually think you can be funny, for a latent homosexual. Nigel is just an insufferable psycho.

You definitely belong in Florida. Do you have a Trump bumper sticker?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Because he has the 2nd most posts on the board, but adds nothing to the conversation except trying to purposely annoy the fuck out of people? At least in my humble opinion.

After bumping the NCAA tourney thread 20 times today with his typical drivel (while being ignored by everyone), I finally put him on ignore. Dude has some serious issues.

You've always been a stick in the ass dick. Always. You're one of the assholes heat mentioned. Go fuck yourself.

lol...ok bro
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:What's "upper cable?"

That's none of your business. Dont you worry your pretty little head about that.

Next time I break into your house to watch a game on your upper cable, I'm going to leave you an upper decker
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:56 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'd use it if there was someone I wanted to ignore. I enjoy calling out the_douche and the recently departed Spauding.
IMO, someone not using the ignore button is on them; it's their own problem because they have a solution they're choosin not to use.

So blame the customer??? That doesn't exactly solve our problem now does it?

Well, yes. They have an out, but they're knowingly choosing to disregard it without even giving it a chance.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:57 pm

I always liked Bob. It is kind of like Johnny Spirit. Yeah it might be completely annoying but yet kind of comforting that they are always there.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Gomer wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:
I find Bob to be intelligent and at least 10% of his posts make me chuckle. That's a pretty good batting average around here.

Not sure why he gets under people's skin so.  His humor can be Sahara dry, but that works for me.

Because the other 90% is redundant spew & it drives people away. It doesn't drive them to the ignore button, it drive them away...for good. Whether or not Bob can understand that is irrelevant. It is what it is & it ain't changing. People don't want to be a part of this shit, ignore button or not.

So either Bob & the rest change their ways or this is what tSwill will continue to be...a handful of assholes being assholes & keeping people away, & another handful of people complaining about it until they decide to leave too. Then it's just the assholes.
I struggle to get it I guess.

It doesn't bother me.  It's nowhere near as bad as some of the other attention whoring that goes on here.  It's certainly far less negative and disgusting. 

I really do think if there were one big button to click and Bob would be gone it would solve a lot of their problem.  It needs to be as convenient as possible for them to use it.

Yes, it doesn't bother the "vast" majority of people left here...which is about 12. The people "bothered" by it have left (it's not just Bob, btw)...for good. The only thing anyone has to "get" is arithmetic. Can you count to 20? Congratulations, that's our user base. That's what matters. If that's what you all want then congrats, you've got it. I thought we were shooting for something more. Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Gaymer. I actually think you can be funny, for a latent homosexual. Nigel is just an insufferable psycho.

You definitely belong in Florida. Do you have a Trump bumper sticker?

You mean a Trumper sticker™?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:00 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I always liked Bob.  It is kind of like Johnny Spirit.  Yeah it might be completely annoying but yet kind of comforting that they are always there.

Never really had a problem with him and in doses his schtick can be amusing. But the more he gets ignored/called out the more he repeats his schtick.  It has risen to absurd levels.  I honestly think posting here is his day job.

Last edited by Nordic on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'd use it if there was someone I wanted to ignore. I enjoy calling out the_douche and the recently departed Spauding.
IMO, someone not using the ignore button is on them; it's their own problem because they have a solution they're choosin not to use.

So blame the customer??? That doesn't exactly solve our problem now does it?

Well, yes. They have an out, but they're knowingly choosing to disregard it without even giving it a chance.

Again, how does that help us? You can explain it away all you want, but at the end of the day they're still not here.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Next time I break into your house to watch a game on your upper cable, I'm going to leave you an upper decker

There's no room on the top of the flat screen. It would fall off and land on the table below, just a steaming pile of not-an-upper-decker turtleneck stew. Ha! You lose!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

It doesn't bother me.  It's nowhere near as bad as some of the other attention whoring that goes on here.  It's certainly far less negative and disgusting. 

I really do think if there were one big button to click and Bob would be gone it would solve a lot of their problem.  It needs to be as convenient as possible for them to use it.

Yes, it doesn't bother the "vast" majority of people left here...which is about 12. The people "bothered" by it have left (it's not just Bob, btw)...for good. The only thing anyone has to "get" is arithmetic. Can you count to 20? Congratulations, that's our user base. That's what matters. If that's what you all want then congrats, you've got it. I thought we were shooting for something more. Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 2599972566

There is nothing you can do. It was a golden opportunity but whenever people came here they just viewed it as a Nigel board and then all the charter rules and generosa crap.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Tanfan! wrote:
Gomer wrote:
Can you make it bigger?  And blinking?  And one click does the trick?

Seriously.  I think that that might help.

Your just too dimwitted to know how to handle him. I think Bob has more material than you.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

There is nothing you can do. It was a golden opportunity but whenever people came here they just viewed it as a Nigel board and then all the charter rules and generosa crap.

Someone is sad they aren't in the gourd club. Lololololololol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I always liked Bob.  It is kind of like Johnny Spirit.  Yeah it might be completely annoying but yet kind of comforting that they are always there.

Bob can be very funny and can have brilliant wit. He can even have rational conversation and debate. But he tries to provoke people and that adds nothing to the board. Is this a board that requires serious contribution? Of course not and the occasional battle isn't a big deal. But when it clouds the board, becomes repetitive, and gets in the way of people trying to actually discuss shit like adults, it gets old. Real fast. It's annoying. Hell I like Bob and have him on ignore.

Think about that for a minute.

Last edited by kingstonlake on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

I see 22 votes in this poll which has only been up, what, 3 hours?

Not that it's much to trumpet about... but there were 60 users who have been by the site in the last 48 hours.

I'm not disagreeing that numbers have probably dropped... but what were they when things were considered to be going well here?  I remember large stretches of time where the front page as several days old at the bottom.

Anyway.  We need a big ignore button.  Big and east and clickable from right in that annoying posts.

An ignore feature that needs an instruction manual is not going to be nearly as effective as that.

What else can we do to solve the asshole problem?

Am I an asshole?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:Don't kill it.  The ignore button works wonders.  People can be complete assholes if they want with no impact.

As Bob likes to repeat over & over & over (among other things). But that's not reality. Reality is people don't use the ignore button. They just stop coming here. That's the ultimate ignore button. All because a handful of assholes insist on exercising their right to be assholes to the extreme.

So yes, we're all aware of the fucking ignore button, but it's not relevant to the conversation.

Then enforce the ignore function for them
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Thus the existence of this thread. We can pretty much leave it on autopilot & the dozen or so regular posters can continue on as is. Or it might be nice if some people just choose to change their behavior for a while & just see how it goes. Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

As Bob likes to repeat over & over & over (among other things). But that's not reality. Reality is people don't use the ignore button. They just stop coming here. That's the ultimate ignore button. All because a handful of assholes insist on exercising their right to be assholes to the extreme.

So yes, we're all aware of the fucking ignore button, but it's not relevant to the conversation.

Then enforce the ignore function for them
Like the Blanch feature they had over on VB?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 2599972566 Relevant to me. Takes care of the worst irritants.

Does that mean it works for everyone? Of course not. Trolls thrive on the human impulse to squash them.

The statistics of this site prove that it works for almost no one.

Yea....it's called being an adult. Sucks that I'm the most responsible poster on here
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Gomer wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Not that it's much to trumpet about... but there were 60 users who have been by the site in the last 48 hours.

I'm not disagreeing that numbers have probably dropped... but what were they when things were considered to be going well here?  I remember large stretches of time where the front page as several days old at the bottom.

Anyway.  We need a big ignore button.  Big and east and clickable from right in that annoying posts.

An ignore feature that needs an instruction manual is not going to be nearly as effective as that.

Am I an asshole?

For awhile there all it was was a place to go to bitch about rcmb. During that period I stuck more to rcmb. It was boring as shit. Just a place to vent. A lot of those people left.

The truth that heat doesn't get is that the people that want something "'more" are the ones that are still here. The rest never wanted to leave rcmb for the most part. They just thought the spin off board was cute for a couple of weeks during ot season.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Again, how does that help us? You can explain it away all you want, but at the end of the day they're still not here.

Maybe it's just like Gomer says: Make the Ignore button easier and more obvious. I just think banning people people because they're annoying is a path we don't want to take because of that whole Slippery Slope thing.

And, as an aside to Goose, who seems to think my stance has been compromised because I'm still posting after SD got banned, let me point out that they're entirely separate situations. I made my statement last night that I'd leave if we start banning people. Nothing's changed. That's still a true statement. I had no idea what was going to transpire today, and I didn't know I had to include all imaginable qualifiers. My comment was entirely about us as a board community giving the boot to someone who annoys us. Not a site owner banning.

But you know that, don't you? You're just being intellectually dishonest because you're enjoying trolling. How ironic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 pm

Gomer wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Am I an asshole?

Maybe the assholes (they know who they are) could just stop being assholes? Or maybe just dial down the assholery a bit?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Thus the existence of this thread. We can pretty much leave it on autopilot & the dozen or so regular posters can continue on as is. Or it might be nice if some people just choose to change their behavior for a while & just see how it goes. Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 2599972566

I won't disagree with that. Wouldn't kill them to try just to be nice for a little while. Can always go back to posting "this" whenever they want.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I like Nigel for the sheer fact that it keeps tanfan away. He can't handle him, which is comical as hell.

This. Nigel is most certainly NOT part of the problem.

He's a part of my personal problem here....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Am I an asshole?

Maybe the assholes (they know who they are) could just stop being assholes? Or maybe just dial down the assholery a bit?
They have to care.

And all they care about is the attention.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I like Nigel for the sheer fact that it keeps tanfan away. He can't handle him, which is comical as hell.

This. Nigel is most certainly NOT part of the problem.

He's a part of my personal problem here....

How come you & Tanny can't just ignore him?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:19 pm

tGreenWay wrote:And, as an aside to Goose, who seems to think my stance has been compromised because I'm still posting after SD got banned, let me point out that they're entirely separate situations. I made my statement last night that I'd leave if we start banning people. Nothing's changed. That's still a true statement. I had no idea what was going to transpire today, and I didn't know I had to include all imaginable qualifiers. My comment was entirely about us as a board community giving the boot to someone who annoys us. Not a site owner banning.

But you know that, don't you? You're just being intellectually dishonest because you're enjoying trolling. How ironic.

Not at all, I didn't anticipate you parsing your stance like that. You should consider politics as an occupation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:
I find Bob to be intelligent and at least 10% of his posts make me chuckle. That's a pretty good batting average around here.

Not sure why he gets under people's skin so.  His humor can be Sahara dry, but that works for me.

Because the other 90% is redundant spew & it drives people away. It doesn't drive them to the ignore button, it drive them away...for good. Whether or not Bob can understand that is irrelevant. It is what it is & it ain't changing. People don't want to be a part of this shit, ignore button or not.

So either Bob & the rest change their ways or this is what tSwill will continue to be...a handful of assholes being assholes & keeping people away, & another handful of people complaining about it until they decide to leave too. Then it's just the assholes.

I blame Roc and his twitter. We simply need marketing and new recruits.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Gomer wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Am I an asshole?

They have to care.

And all they care about is the attention.

Attention from whom? Each other? Is there really satisfaction derived from trolling 12ish people? That's rather pathetic.

I would assume that a good troll is interested in growing his audience, not driving it away. scratch
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:22 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:And, as an aside to Goose, who seems to think my stance has been compromised because I'm still posting after SD got banned, let me point out that they're entirely separate situations. I made my statement last night that I'd leave if we start banning people. Nothing's changed. That's still a true statement. I had no idea what was going to transpire today, and I didn't know I had to include all imaginable qualifiers. My comment was entirely about us as a board community giving the boot to someone who annoys us. Not a site owner banning.

Not at all, I didn't anticipate you parsing your stance like that. You should consider politics as an occupation.

Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 502811600 I've been expecting this comment. You're kind of late with it. But back to my statement: My comment last night was all about the board ganging up on someone because they're annoying. Nothing has changed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 4113017228 this thread is getting repetitive

Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 Parachute-073
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Walk me through our marketing plan and I'll listen constructively
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Walk me through our marketing plan and I'll listen constructively

Step 1: stop being assholes.
Step 2: check back after step 1 is complete.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:31 pm

I think we need WBH to post a five paragraph essay right about now
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:32 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Is is time to kill tSwill? - Page 4 502811600 I've been expecting this comment. You're kind of late with it. But back to my statement: My comment last night was all about the board ganging up on someone because they're annoying. Nothing has changed.

Keep in mind I don't have ongoing feuds with a bunch of people on here, I've tried to be a builder here not a jackass. I may argue with you or Gomer or whomever on politics but I understand those are disagreements and honorable people can have them. What I don't have is any of you following me around the board like a stalker. You can protest I'm exaggerating but there have been many mornings I've logged in here, dropped links in 5-6 threads, refreshed and there's Bobby in every one of those threads with one of his 2-3 standard posts. Often it's to the point of creepy and I tire of it rather quickly.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I think we need WBH to post a five paragraph essay right about now

He wouldn't do it if he didn't care. We need more people that care.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Keep in mind I don't have ongoing feuds with a bunch of people on here, I've tried to be a builder here not a jackass. I may argue with you or Gomer or whomever on politics but I understand those are disagreements and honorable people can have them. What I don't have is any of you following me around the board like a stalker. You can protest I'm exaggerating but there have been many mornings I've logged in here, dropped links in 5-6 threads, refreshed and there's Bobby in every one of those threads with one of his 2-3 standard posts. Often it's to the point of creepy and I tire of it rather quickly.

So things sometimes go bump in the morning?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Kill the Swill? What the actual fuck, you guys? Can we just all relax?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Kill the Swill? What the actual fuck, you guys? Can we just all relax?

Thank you otpt. We need you back so bad. Seriously. Please help.

Also fix your avatar for fucks sake.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next