Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame

4 posters

Go down

The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame  Empty The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame

Post by Turtleneck 31/03/16, 11:39 am

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. The Republicans have managed to give their voters a choice between a wannabe dictator and a guy who thinks he is a Christian prophet and links gays and lesbians to a vast communist conspiracy. How did the Republicans get here? They let their hate for Obama go into overdrive, and back in 2008 they decided to let the loonies of their cages. Like this nice old lady, who seems to represent current Republican brand.

MINEOLA, Tex. — On Super Tuesday, Dale Clark voted for a local Republican who claimed on social media that President Obama had worked as a gay prostitute in his youth, that the United States should ban Islam, that the Democratic Party had John F. Kennedy killed and that the United Nations had hatched a plot to depopulate the world.

Mr. Clark, 75, was unaware that the candidate he had supported — Mary Lou Bruner, 68, a former kindergarten teacher running for a seat on the State Board of Education — held such views. But as he sat with his wife eating lunch in this East Texas city, Mr. Clark was ready to give Ms. Bruner the benefit of the doubt.

“I would not discount her on the basis of having those beliefs,” said Mr. Clark, a retired pilot. “It convinces me, though, that she’s quite conservative, and if I were going to err either way, I would want to err toward the side of the conservative.”

Ms. Bruner’s anti-Obama, anti-Islam, anti-evolution and anti-gay Facebook posts have generated national headlines and turned an obscure school board election into a glimpse of the outer limits of Texas politics. In a part of the state dominated by conservative Christians and Tea Party activists, Ms. Bruner’s candidacy has posed a question no one can answer with any certainty — how far to the fringe is too far for Texas Republicans?

On her Facebook page, Ms. Bruner called Mr. Obama “Ahab the Arab,” and wrote that he “hates all white people and all wealthy people because to him wealthy means white.” Although she condemned the Ku Klux Klan in one posting, she wrote positively of its roots, writing that it started “as citizens trying to fight back against a corrupt government when there were corrupt officials or no officials at all to keep law and order in the rural areas.” Of Mr. Obama’s youth, she wrote: “I heard from a reliable source that Obama was also a male prostitute for a while when he lived in New York with his male ‘partner.’ How do you think he paid for his drugs?”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/us/politics/a-texas-candidate-mary-lou-bruner-pushes-the-boundary-of-the-far-right.html?_r=0
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame  Empty Re: The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame

Post by Floyd Robertson 31/03/16, 06:16 pm

This country is in desperate need of a new pro choice, marijuana legalizing, gun-toting, fiscally conservative, balance the budget party.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame  Empty Re: The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame

Post by xsanguine 31/03/16, 07:27 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:This country is in desperate need of a new pro choice, marijuana legalizing, gun-toting, fiscally conservative, balance the budget party.

Isn't that the Libertarian party?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 31/03/16, 07:33 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:This country is in desperate need of a new pro choice, marijuana legalizing, gun-toting, fiscally conservative, balance the budget party.

You got me, I've never paid attention to them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 31/03/16, 08:23 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

To be fair, they're irrelevant.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 31/03/16, 08:29 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

The Republican Party Only Has Itself to Blame  502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/03/16, 08:30 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I've voted Libertarian quite a bit to help keep them on the ballot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 31/03/16, 08:33 pm

Couldn't agree more. The Republican Party completely puts me off with their social stances, denying climate change and the religious right thing. Why can't they be more like Bloomberg? Just basic Wall Street type conservatives?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 31/03/16, 08:34 pm

Where's the William f Buckley or David Brooks or Mark Shields type candidate?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 31/03/16, 09:11 pm

What about Ron Paul?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down