Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain

+7
DWags
Blanch32
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain Empty What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain

Post by NigelUno Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:49 am

(If you're not going to the Spring Game)

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-white-power-rally-/nq89M/

"Hundreds of protesters are expected to flood Stone Mountain Park Saturday and it may be hard to figure out who is protesting what and why."

That sounds like this board.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain Empty Re: What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:50 am

DEY TOOK ER JOBS!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain Empty Re: What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:10 am

is Trump making an appearance?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:28 am

Is this the statewide convention for the Republican Party of Michigan?

Sorry, Loose. Had to be done. This is a message board. Low hanging fruit must be grabbed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:29 am

Turtleneck wrote:Is this the statewide convention for the Republican Party of Michigan?

Sorry, Loose. Had to be done. This is a message board. Low hanging fruit must be grabbed.

No it's the Democratic convention idiot, do you not remember 1913?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:59 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Is this the statewide convention for the Republican Party of Michigan?

1913?   Of course Woodrow Wilson was after that and FDR interned the Japanese after that....but you distort history when you ignore LBJ.  Was he in 1913 too?

But that wouldn’t be true. Johnson was a man of his time, and bore those flaws as surely as he sought to lead the country past them. For two decades in Congress he was a reliable member of the Southern bloc, helping to stonewall civil rights legislation. As Caro recalls, Johnson spent the late 1940s railing against the “hordes of barbaric yellow dwarves” in East Asia. Buying into the stereotype that blacks were afraid of snakes (who isn’t afraid of snakes?) he’d drive to gas stations with one in his trunk and try to trick black attendants into opening it. Once, Caro writes, the stunt nearly ended with him being beaten with a tire iron.
Nor was it the kind of immature, frat-boy racism that Johnson eventually jettisoned. Even as president, Johnson’s interpersonal relationships with blacks were marred by his prejudice. As longtime Jet correspondent Simeon Booker wrote in his memoirShocks the Conscience, early in his presidency, Johnson once lectured Booker after he authored a critical article for Jet Magazine, telling Booker he should “thank” Johnson for all he’d done for black people. In Flawed Giant, Johnson biographer Robert Dallek writes that Johnson explained his decision to nominate Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court rather than a less famous black judge by saying, “when I appoint a ****** to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a ******.”

According to Caro, Robert Parker, Johnson’s sometime chauffer, described in his memoir Capitol Hill in Black and White a moment when Johnson asked Parker whether he’d prefer to be referred to by his name rather than “boy,” “******” or “chief.” When Parker said he would, Johnson grew angry and said, “As long as you are black, and you’re gonna be black till the day you die, no one’s gonna call you by your goddamn name. So no matter what you are called, ******, you just let it roll off your back like water, and you’ll make it. Just pretend you’re a goddamn piece of furniture.”

That Johnson may seem hard to square with the public Johnson, the one who devoted his presidency to tearing down the “barriers of hatred and terror” between black and white.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/lyndon-johnson-civil-rights-racism
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:01 pm

White people are horrible.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:28 pm

I assume this is ga, and not nc?

Fyi we both have stone mts
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:is Trump making an appearance?

Is he a member of the integrated motorcycle gang called the Bastard MC?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Are you, Nigel?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:19 pm

I don't think I want to know about any of this shit. Really
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:23 pm

DWags wrote:I don't think I want to know about any of this shit. Really

I'd recommend nominating him for ban, then. It's a lot more efficient than refraining from clicking on the thread.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:02 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:I don't think I want to know about any of this shit. Really

I'd recommend nominating him for ban, then. It's a lot more efficient than refraining from clicking on the thread.

I meant it's just fucking depressing that we still have so many of these assholes walking around.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:09 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I meant it's just fucking depressing that we still have so many of these assholes walking around.

Thankfully, I'll be on the other side of town during the day. Might go to the Braves game Saturday night...hopefully no crazies get any ideas of protesting there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:22 pm

#WhiteLivesMatter
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:25 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I agree and figured that's what you meant. I was just giving you a hard time, Dwags.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:29 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

1913?   Of course Woodrow Wilson was after that and FDR interned the Japanese after that....but you distort history when you ignore LBJ.  Was he in 1913 too?

But that wouldn’t be true. Johnson was a man of his time, and bore those flaws as surely as he sought to lead the country past them. For two decades in Congress he was a reliable member of the Southern bloc, helping to stonewall civil rights legislation. As Caro recalls, Johnson spent the late 1940s railing against the “hordes of barbaric yellow dwarves” in East Asia. Buying into the stereotype that blacks were afraid of snakes (who isn’t afraid of snakes?) he’d drive to gas stations with one in his trunk and try to trick black attendants into opening it. Once, Caro writes, the stunt nearly ended with him being beaten with a tire iron.
Nor was it the kind of immature, frat-boy racism that Johnson eventually jettisoned. Even as president, Johnson’s interpersonal relationships with blacks were marred by his prejudice. As longtime Jet correspondent Simeon Booker wrote in his memoirShocks the Conscience, early in his presidency, Johnson once lectured Booker after he authored a critical article for Jet Magazine, telling Booker he should “thank” Johnson for all he’d done for black people. In Flawed Giant, Johnson biographer Robert Dallek writes that Johnson explained his decision to nominate Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court rather than a less famous black judge by saying, “when I appoint a ****** to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a ******.”

According to Caro, Robert Parker, Johnson’s sometime chauffer, described in his memoir Capitol Hill in Black and White a moment when Johnson asked Parker whether he’d prefer to be referred to by his name rather than “boy,” “******” or “chief.” When Parker said he would, Johnson grew angry and said, “As long as you are black, and you’re gonna be black till the day you die, no one’s gonna call you by your goddamn name. So no matter what you are called, ******, you just let it roll off your back like water, and you’ll make it. Just pretend you’re a goddamn piece of furniture.”

That Johnson may seem hard to square with the public Johnson, the one who devoted his presidency to tearing down the “barriers of hatred and terror” between black and white.

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 502811600

This is fucking rich. I literally just made up a year and loose comes in like clockwork.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:40 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

This is fucking rich. I literally just made up a year and loose comes in like clockwork.

Can you please stop turning every serious discussion into a silly slap fight?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:43 pm

NigelUno wrote:

See - I would think you're kidding and being sarcastic but you're ...Nigel... So I think you're being serious.

So, what 'serious disccusion' are you talking about?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:44 pm

And I don't want to slap Goose. It's kind of a joke around here that Goose likes to talk about political parties like it's ..1913.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:45 pm

NigelUno wrote:

See - I would think you're kidding and being sarcastic but you're ...Nigel... So I think you're being serious.

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 1494614055
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:47 pm

NigelUno wrote:

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 1494614055

Dangit. Touche Nigel touche
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:And I don't want to slap Goose. It's kind of a joke around here that Goose likes to talk about political parties like it's ..1913.

Yeah, I enjoy refuting your made up bullshit. But then again I'm the obsessed one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:32 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:And I don't want to slap Goose. It's kind of a joke around here that Goose likes to talk about political parties like it's ..1913.

Yeah, I enjoy refuting your made up bullshit. But then again I'm the obsessed one.

OK let's tango old man.

What bullshit? You mean the hook line and sinker that I dropped in, psycho?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:47 pm

OTPT, how come you never want to tango with me? It makes me feel sad and left out. =(

I'm a pretty good dancer, too, you know.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:22 pm

xsanguine wrote:OTPT, how come you never want to tango with me? It makes me feel sad and left out. =(

Is that what you did on ShipRock--dance? Must've been difficult getting up on your tippy toes with the ship pitching and yawing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:OTPT, how come you never want to tango with me? It makes me feel sad and left out. =(

Is that what you did on ShipRock--dance? Must've been difficult getting up on your tippy toes with the ship pitching and yawing.

They were nice enough to include a pole for me to use as a centerpiece, tGreenway.... sheesh, use your head.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:31 pm

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

They were nice enough to include a pole for me to use as a centerpiece, tGreenway.... sheesh, use your head.

Gimme a break. I've never claimed to be too smart, but I am too sexy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:32 pm

That's what I thought goose fuck you
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:37 pm

I don't know about this shindig but I've been to Stone Mountain for a labor day concert and FWIW it's was a great time.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:That's what I thought goose fuck you

lol, you admit you just want to make shit up - I don't want to argue with you over your made up shit and now you "win"? Jeezus you've been hanging with Blanch a bit too much.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:That's what I thought goose fuck you

It's Friday night go have fun young man and leave the bitching to the old guys (30+) maybe F a little person? ;-)
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:52 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Gimme a break. I've never claimed to be too smart, but I am too sexy.

I can't argue with this.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:21 am

Bump. Anyone know if The Douche is going to be posting live from this event?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:33 pm

What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 042416_Rallies_BG4
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:22 am

NigelUno wrote:What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 042416_Rallies_BG4

Good to know they don't condone free speech.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:47 am

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 042416_Rallies_BG4

I think they are talking about the content of said free speech Goose. Probably....What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:33 am

LooseGoose wrote:

I think they are talking about the content of said free speech Goose. Probably....What you need to know about the white power rally at Stone Mountain 502811600

Agreed. I was spoofing on the wording, obviously it should have been phrased better. Or perhaps they should have remained silent and people would understand that just because some shouts something stupid on your lawn you don't agree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:52 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Agreed. I was spoofing on the wording, obviously it should have been phrased better. Or perhaps they should have remained silent and people would understand that just because some shouts something stupid on your lawn you don't agree.

Out they could say that these people are idiots and you shouldn't listen to them. That's free speech too!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Out they could say that these people are idiots and you shouldn't listen to them. That's free speech too!

Agreed, except that it should be other private individuals doing that not a governmental unit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next