Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

+13
Rick Saunders
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? Empty Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

Post by Turtleneck Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:07

Maybe one of these two? Oh, wait, nevermind.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? Empty Re: Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:08

Turtleneck wrote:Maybe one of these two? Oh, wait, nevermind.

Centerfield.

Lock it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? Empty Re: Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

Post by Turtleneck Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Maybe one of these two? Oh, wait, nevermind.

Centerfield.

Lock it.

I like the one where he sees a girl form his HS bartending somewhere, and they go back to her place after her shift and talk about what a good baseball player he used to be.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:12

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Centerfield.

Lock it.

I like the one where he sees a girl form his HS bartending somewhere, and they go back to her place after her shift and talk about what a good baseball player he used to be.
you're thinking of Elton John.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

you're thinking of Elton John.

Bob, you're acting like a dog that's been beat too much.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:20

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you're thinking of Elton John.

one of the most stirring patriotic songs of our generation..

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? Reaganflags2

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

one of the most stirring patriotic songs of our generation..

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? Reaganflags2

You ever turn the lights off and dance to the App State fight song?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:27

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:one of the most stirring patriotic songs of our generation..

You ever turn the lights off and dance to the App State fight song?
only the first Saturday night of every month.. as I rub chocolate syrup on my tingly parts and replay the greatest victory in the history of MSU football in my head.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 12:33

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Centerfield.

Lock it.

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? The-natural-movie-poster-1984-1020192612
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:42

after much consideration, I'll go with:

(in no particular order)

1. Thunder Road
2. Racing in the Streets
3. The River
4. Backstreets
5. Youngstown

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:59

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 14:01

Ms. American Pie.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 14:05

Rocinante wrote:Ms. American Pie.
that is a very close 6th.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 2:36

‘I Made It All Up’: Bruce Springsteen versus the Cult of Authenticity

A semi mainstream media link for Bob.

Bruce Springsteen has a confession to make. “I made it all up,” he tells the audience in his new Netflix special Springsteen on Broadway. “Bruce Springsteen” the persona — all gritty working-class authenticity — is a creation. “I’ve never held an honest job in my entire life!” he says. “I’ve never done any hard labor. I’ve never worked 9 to 5. I’ve never worked five days a week. Until right now.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 9:36

LooseGoose wrote:‘I Made It All Up’: Bruce Springsteen versus the Cult of Authenticity

Bruce Springsteen has a confession to make. “I made it all up,” he tells the audience in his new Netflix special Springsteen on Broadway. “Bruce Springsteen” the persona — all gritty working-class authenticity — is a creation. “I’ve never held an honest job in my entire life!” he says. “I’ve never done any hard labor. I’ve never worked 9 to 5. I’ve never worked five days a week. Until right now.”
seeing Bruce on Broadway ranks in the top 5 moments of my life.

(granted, I lead a very boring life.. but it was pretty great).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 10:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:‘I Made It All Up’: Bruce Springsteen versus the Cult of Authenticity

seeing Bruce on Broadway ranks in the top 5 moments of my life.

I'm glad you had fun. It's good to find relief from the hard times of the lives of the 1% that you and Bruce suffer through. ;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 12:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: seeing Bruce on Broadway ranks in the top 5 moments of my life.

I'm glad you had fun. It's good to find relief from the hard times of the lives of the 1% that you and Bruce suffer through. ;-)
thanks, man - it was pretty great.

Haven't gotten around to watching the Netflix thing yet. I have no idea how to dial it in. I'm an analog kind of guy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 12:33

BRuuuuuuuucccccccccceeeee! PLAY BORN TO RUN!!

Stoney on 97.1 is also a huge fan. Had in his contract if Bruce is playing 500 miles from him he gets 2 days off.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 13:37

DWags wrote: BRuuuuuuuucccccccccceeeee! PLAY BORN TO RUN!!

Stoney on 97.1 is also a huge fan. Had in his contract if Bruce is playing 500 miles from him he gets 2 days off.
nice.

It's in my will to have the piano version of Thunder Road (from the Live 75-85 record) to be played at my funeral.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 13:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

nice.

It's in my will to have the piano version of Thunder Road (from the Live 75-85 record) to be played at my funeral dinner during my wife's romantic date the night she had my ass cremated.

FIFY - sorry for the reality check.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 13:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

nice.

It's in my will to have the piano version of Thunder Road (from the Live 75-85 record) to be played at my funeral.

Too funny, my daughters have decided the sax from jungle land should be played at my funeral. I said while I’m not a big fan of Bruce I could care less what they decide. I won’t know shit that’s happening.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 14:35

It's nice that your kids are planning your death, wags.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 14:57

Rocinante wrote:It's nice that your kids are planning your death, wags.

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? 502811600

Oh you have no idea. If you knew my family you’d understand. My FIL was the president of one of the biggest funeral chains in metro Detroit. Taught mortuary science at Wayne State, had my wife doing restoration on corpses in high school, was disappointed she didn’t follow in the field. Was hoping my eldest would and it was a close call between that and PA school. So, the point is the family business has very creepily had funeral plans and plots bought and laid out for a while. It’s weird. By the way, if you run a good business and weren’t creeped out by that I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s a good living.

So yeah, they have my wife and I planned out already. Creepy isn’t it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 16:23

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:It's nice that your kids are planning your death, wags.

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? 502811600

Oh you have no idea. If you knew my family you’d understand. My FIL was the president of one of the biggest funeral chains in metro Detroit. Taught mortuary science at Wayne State, had my wife doing restoration on corpses in high school, was disappointed she didn’t follow in the field. Was hoping my eldest would and it was a close call between that and PA school. So, the point is the family business has very creepily had funeral plans and plots bought and laid out for a while. It’s weird. By the way, if you run a good business and weren’t creeped out by that I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s a good living.

Mine too. Call Lashley's. Pull $$ out of the drawer hand $2200 to them. Ship me off to Bay City to be roasted. Divvy up the goods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 16:25

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Mine too. Call Lashley's. Pull $$ out of the drawer hand $2200 to them. Ship me off to Bay City to be roasted. Divvy up the goods.

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? 502811600 My momma always loved simple men.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 17:10

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? 502811600 My momma always loved simple men.

Goose is DWags's dad? Who knew?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 17:12

57 Channels (And Nothin' On)

I bought a bourgeois house in the Hollywood hills
With a truckload of hundred thousand dollar bills
Man came by to hook up my cable TV
We settled in for the night my baby and me
We switched 'round and 'round 'til half-past dawn
There was fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

Well now home entertainment was my baby's wish
So I hopped into town for a satellite dish
I tied it to the top of my Japanese car
I came home and I pointed it out into the stars
A message came back from the great beyond
There's fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

Well we might'a made some friends with some billionaires
We might'a got all nice and friendly if we'd made it upstairs
All I got was a note that said "bye-bye John
Our love is fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"

So I bought a .44 magnum it was solid steel cast
And in the blessed name of Elvis well I just let it blast
'Til my TV lay in pieces there at my feet
And they busted me for disturbing the almighty peace
Judge said "What you got in your defense son?"
"Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"

I can see by your eyes friend you're just about gone
Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 17:26

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: nice.

Too funny, my daughters have decided the sax from jungle land should be played at my funeral. I said while I’m not a big fan of Bruce I could care less what they decide. I won’t know shit that’s happening.
your daughters have great taste.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 24 Dec 2018 - 19:51

Some of Bruce’s best work was when he was in the Royal Guardsmen and the group recorded a couple of well known songs involving the beloved Peanuts character Snoopy. Way before Bruce sang Santa Claus is Coming to Town, there was this little ditty, which, upon its release, became an instant holiday favorite.

And now, back to the Countdown.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 12:01

"Night Moves"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 12:46

You lost me at "Nigel's thread got me thinking".
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 12:56

I've never once been "thinking" as I've posted on this board. Take that to yoru graves.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 13:08

DWags wrote:I've never once been "thinking" as I've posted on this board. Take that to yoru graves.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 13:09

"Runnin' Down A Dream"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 13:23

That one where he's "wrapped up like a douche."
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 13:31

"Islands In The Stream"

(not sure if it counts since it was a duet with the lady from Captain and Tennille)..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 8:04

This ode to Springsteen and the power of music may be the feel-good movie of the summer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/this-ode-to-sprinsteen-and-the-power-of-music-may-be-the-feel-good-movie-of-the-summer/2019/08/13/05c1e24a-b953-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html?_view=prod
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 9:13

Turtleneck wrote:This ode to Springsteen and the power of music may be the feel-good movie of the summer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/this-ode-to-sprinsteen-and-the-power-of-music-may-be-the-feel-good-movie-of-the-summer/2019/08/13/05c1e24a-b953-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html?_view=prod
the trailer is pretty good.. might try to sneak into an early morning showing at some point.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 9:32

Classic Springsteen right here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 9:38

If we can be honest here for a minute, this is my favorite Mellencamp song.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next