Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

+13
Rick Saunders
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 3 Empty Re: Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:11 am

We Built This City (On Rock and Roll)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 3 Empty Re: Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 am

Careless Whisper
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:09 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Careless Whisper
Clarence's sax intro makes that one.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Careless Whisper
Clarence's sax intro makes that one.
RIP, Big Man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:11 am

Summer of '69
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:44 am

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 3 2102841802
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:53 am

Pink Cadillac
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:11 am

Everybody's Working For the Weekend
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Runnin' Down a Dream

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Rosalita hands down for me.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:44 pm

SawGreen wrote:Rosalita hands down for me.
any live version of Rosalita just blows the roof off the joint.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and SawGreen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:52 pm

great version here.. around the 8:40 mark, Bruce.. being the idiot he is.. falls off the risers - Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 3 502811600  - Roy and Stevie seem genuinely concerned about him for a minute.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and SawGreen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Is that the one where he begs Rosie to come to In-n-Out tonight for cheeseburgers?
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:26 pm

Rick Saunders wrote:

Is that the one where he begs Rosie to come to In-n-Out tonight for cheeseburgers?
I think it's the one where he goes on and on about how there is a whole lotta rosie...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:41 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

I think it's the one where he goes on and on about how there is a whole lotta rosie...

I think I got mixed up because in Bob's video shot Bruce is wearing a shirt and I was under the impression he was half naked for rosie.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Everybody's Working For the Weekend

It’s so cool seeing Bruce wearing those red leather pants. And by cool, I mean weird.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:25 pm

Big fan of this version of Jungleland. It’s performed in Sweden, where Clarence Clemons lived. This is the first time the band is doing Jungleland since Clarence’s death. It’s notable because the sax solos are done by Clarence’s nephew, Jake. It’s pretty great watching Bruce say a few words to Jake right after his solo, then again after the song is done. Another guy in the band goes up to Jake to congratulate him (Bob could tell you who he is). You can tell everyone is feeling some real emotions doing the song without the big man, and enjoying the natural connection of having Jake onstage to pickup where his uncle left off.
One caution: the guy who posted this video places commercials right after Jake’s solo, completely interrupting the flow and mood of the moment, so fuck him, but it’s worth getting past the spots to watch the rest of the song.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

SawGreen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:54 am

tGreenWay wrote:Big fan of this version of Jungleland. It’s performed in Sweden, where Clarence Clemons lived. This is the first time the band is doing Jungleland since Clarence’s death. It’s notable because the sax solos are done by Clarence’s nephew, Jake. It’s pretty great watching Bruce say a few words to Jake right after his solo, then again after the song is done. Another guy in the band goes up to Jake to congratulate him (Bob could tell you who he is). You can tell everyone is feeling some real emotions doing the song without the big man, and enjoying the natural connection of having Jake onstage to pickup where his uncle left off.
One caution: the guy who posted this video places commercials right after Jake’s solo, completely interrupting the flow and mood of the moment, so fuck him, but it’s worth getting past the spots to watch the rest of the song.

that was Roy Bittan (plays piano.. he also played piano on Seger's "Roll Me Away", too) who comes up to hug Jake afterwards.

very emotional - the bond that Bruce had with Clarence was something so intense. If you read  Born to Run (Bruce's autobiography), he goes into great detail about it, even more than he has over the decades in interviews.

(highly recommend the book for lots of reasons, maybe the most significant is how he outlines his struggles with mental health and becomes of huge advocate for mental healthcare).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:36 am

tGreenWay wrote:Big fan of this version of Jungleland. It’s performed in Sweden, where Clarence Clemons lived. This is the first time the band is doing Jungleland since Clarence’s death. It’s notable because the sax solos are done by Clarence’s nephew, Jake. It’s pretty great watching Bruce say a few words to Jake right after his solo, then again after the song is done. Another guy in the band goes up to Jake to congratulate him (Bob could tell you who he is). You can tell everyone is feeling some real emotions doing the song without the big man, and enjoying the natural connection of having Jake onstage to pickup where his uncle left off.

on the Darkness tour, when playing "Backstreets", Bruce would put in a 4-5 minutes interlude of storytelling. It was more or less the same story but each night was different. I actually have a CD somewhere with probably 9 versions of the same song from that tour. Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 3 502811600

There were a couple of times where Bruce seemed to be on the edge of a breakdown. Clearly, he was referring to a single person and broken relationship.

this is from Winterland in '78 and probably my favorite version.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:38 am

Born on the Bayou
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:52 am

I Will Survive
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:34 pm

Rumble Doll
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:03 pm

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 3 200.gif?cid=ddb306a59yk0wfdsln9qyzkhhyhvgdtjgh0v51kf56vdtwq8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

for

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 3 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5btg83f4onm5i13s3vntju6i0d455vf10k4sxpopl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3