Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What college will you push your kids towards?

+6
Triple Sparty
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
10 posters

Go down

What college will you push your kids towards? Empty What college will you push your kids towards?

Post by Blanch32 2016-05-17, 08:08

Let's pretend it's 2040 and I got some college aged kids. I'll probably push them to community college by the school of their dreams since it will be cheaper and they won't be at home. Then I'd say go to a fun party school like asu. I definitely will not push them MSU's way unless they are a nerd lite.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What college will you push your kids towards? Empty Re: What college will you push your kids towards?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-17, 08:11

Did a chill run down anyone else's spine as they read the first sentence?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What college will you push your kids towards? Empty Re: What college will you push your kids towards?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-05-17, 08:14

Blanch32 wrote:Let's pretend it's 2040 and I got some college aged kids.  I'll probably push them to community college by the school of their dreams since it will be cheaper and they won't be at home.  Then I'd say go to a fun party school like asu.  I definitely will not push them MSU's way unless they are a nerd lite.

I 1st read this as "community college of their dreams" and I didn't bat an eye, because BlanChe.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-17, 08:22

I've already told my daughter (sorry For bin) that if she doesn't go to MSU to study along the banks of the Red Cedar and spend Saturdays in the Hallowed Shadows of Spartan Stadium, she can find somewhere else to call home.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-05-17, 09:23

Blanch32 wrote:Let's pretend it's 2040 and I got some college aged kids. I'll probably push them to community college by the school of their dreams since it will be cheaper and they won't be at home. Then I'd say go to a fun party school like asu. I definitely will not push them MSU's way unless they are a nerd lite.

Your kids should be about college age by now. Thanks for ot pshing them towards MSU.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-05-17, 09:27

Somewhere warm, which, thanks to global warming, could be as far north as Canada by that time. So I guess I will have to identify new criteria once we get there.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-05-17, 09:28

Cirrus answer, cyber security.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-05-17, 09:44

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Let's pretend it's 2040 and I got some college aged kids. I'll probably push them to community college by the school of their dreams since it will be cheaper and they won't be at home. Then I'd say go to a fun party school like asu. I definitely will not push them MSU's way unless they are a nerd lite.

Your kids should be about college age by now. Thanks for ot pshing them towards MSU.

The regrets will be lucky for CC. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-05-17, 09:51

Whatever one they want to go to. I'm convinced there's more affordable ways to get cheaper certification for certain career paths, so I'm not even sure I'd push college on my kids. Avoiding student debt is a good thing if there's a better option.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-17, 11:21

If I have kids they can go wherever they want with one exception: UM. I would raise them better than that; they would not to make such a choice. But if one of them came to me wanting to go to UM, I would pack their bags for them. I would never tolerate that kind of nonsense in my house. Have fun going to UM while living on the streets.

Northwestern is a good choice, gHost. I hope your daughter makes it there. Great place.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-05-17, 11:43; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-17, 11:26

Turtleneck wrote:If I have kids they can go wherever they want with one exception: UM. I would raise them better than that; they would not to make such a choice. But if one of them came to me wanting to go to UM, I would pack their bags for them. I would never tolerate that kind of nonsense in my house. Have fun going to UM while living on the streets.

Northwestern is a good choice, gHost. I hope your daughter makes it their. Great place.
I'm gonna have that stitched onto a pillow.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-05-17, 11:27

Oldest is already a Spartan, youngest wants nothing to do with MSU. I pretty much doubt that changes, but whatever. Go where you're happy going. Undergrad is undergrad. They need to make their own choice. But by 2040, there is absolutely no way brick and mortar colleges are the same. No fucking way on god's earth. It's going to be online and remote. Major changes from what we knew in the 80's 90's and oughts.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down