Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mio and area Doings

+28
Da Mayor
CORNER BLITZ
MSU addict
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTito
Martin Spartan
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Nordic
NigelUno
tanfan!
Jake from State Farm
CheesySpartan
Clarett's Folly
Triple Sparty
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
32 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Empty Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Guest 2016-07-27, 14:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Have you mentioned to her that if she brings you to the family cabin you can get her a free pie?

See above for flavors available.

You know... I haven't mentioned message boarding just yet. I think the best way to handle it if I find myself at the family cabin would be to go for a walk alone in the woods then come back and be like "OMG look at this pie I just found in the woods you guys it looks delicious let's all eat it."

lol, yep. That sounds plausible. They would suspect you of stealing off some Amish woman's windowsill.

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Followyournose_5733
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-28, 13:30

Bigfoot country - within a couple miles of my house. I won't sleep well again.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-29, 16:39

Quilting for relief - ‘50 years of Serving, Giving, Care’

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 1469640198_f655

FAIRVIEW — Oscoda County will see another installment of serving, giving and caring with the 50th annual Northern Michigan Relief Sale, which is slated to be held at the Oscoda County Fairgrounds on Aug. 5-6.

The sale is overseen by the Mennonite Central Committee, which disperses the funds to areas in need around the world. In past years the event saw thousands attending, with more than $150,000 generated last year, according to relief sale Director Carl Dube and his wife Laura.

“There are 47 (sales) scattered around the U.S. and Canada,” Carl said. “This is the only one up in Northern Michigan. Each year we pick out 10 projects; this year is about health. Gross proceeds were $165,000, which was like $10,000 over the prior year; it’s really amazing.”

The event will kick off Friday with a garage sale, silent auction, Relief Sale Fun Run and concert by Buddy Greene of Nashville, which starts at 7 p.m. On Saturday, people can enjoy a pancake breakfast from 6-10 a.m. followed by the quilt auction starting at 11 a.m.

“Buddy Greene and Jeff Taylor, that’s a big thing for us to have them come; we’re really glad to have them,” Carl said. “It should be a fun night of music for us.”

The event, including the concert, is free to attend, but donations are always welcome. A donation bucket will be passed during the Friday night concert, Laura said.

Items up for auction at the event will include local woodworking pieces, a storage barn from North Star Storage Barns, Model T car tools and Detroit Tigers gear.

“We’ve gotten baseballs and signed photographs from players,” Carl said. “(This year) we will get a Miguel Cabrera signed baseball. That is great news for our 50th sale.”

The first sale in 1967 raised just under $3,000, according to a press release. Last year, the event had 320 people placing bids, 117 of whom were new bidders. The sale has consistently grown from previous years, according to the Dubes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-07-30, 08:49

Goose, had a fish dinner at lost Creek last night then caught a pike tossing a line in the mio dam backwaters. Where's My pie?!?!
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 09:25

Triple Sparty wrote:Goose, had a fish dinner at lost Creek last night then caught a pike tossing a line in the mio dam backwaters. Where's My pie?!?!

lol, if you were there you were close enough to smell the pie. My parent's old cabin is very close to lost creek and I fish the dam pond often, it's right out my back yard.

Your pie never got made since you didn't place an order - (see the bottom of page 7 of this thread for options) I'm going to bake around 11am so get an order in and I'll have a pie waiting for you early this afternoon at either Rite Aid in Mio or the Luzerne Express. Your choice.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-07-30, 10:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:Goose, had a fish dinner at lost Creek last night then caught a pike tossing a line in the mio dam backwaters. Where's My pie?!?!

lol, if you were there you were close enough to smell the pie. My parent's old cabin is very close to lost creek and I fish the dam pond often, it's right out my back yard.

Your pie never got made since you didn't place an order - (see the bottom of page 7 of this thread for options) I'm going to bake around 11am so get an order in and I'll have a pie waiting for you early this afternoon at either Rite Aid in Mio or the Luzerne Express. Your choice.

Damn goose. That's pretty damn nice of you.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 11:32

Tanfan! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Damn goose. That's pretty damn nice of you.

Well he missed ordering time so his options are limited now - Mincemeat or Strawberry/Rhubarb - two old school pies. They're in the oven now, out at 12:15.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-30, 11:33

I just want to smell Gooses house.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 11:52

DWags wrote:I just want to smell Gooses house.

My kids are coming over for a campfire and some canoe chasing tonight so I've got to have a treat or two for them. Next up we're grilling lunch then WBH's salsa mix.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-01, 08:05

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Felderly-people-who-will-make-you-believe-in-love-again%2Ffront-porch

Mio, MI - A local couple who is upset that the water is either "scalding my skin right off the bone" or "freezing the sun spots right off my skin" took their complaints to the Mio town council last night. Jerry Joe Floopnoggin and his wife, Betty, spoke of the water-induced trauma they experience on what they refer to "an almost daily basis". In a complex world seemingly dominated by globalization and uncertainty, Jerry Joe, 84, stated that he experiences that same uncertainty every time he turns on his water faucet. In an emotional speech, limited to 3 minutes by town council charter, Jerry Joe implored the town council to "fix the damn problem" he and his bride Betty refuse to grow accustomed to. Betty emphasized that her unwavering commitment to the allied forces in World War II deserve both respect from the town council and the unpredictable water temperature that practically controls her every day life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-01, 08:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Felderly-people-who-will-make-you-believe-in-love-again%2Ffront-porch

Mio, MI - A local couple who is upset that the water is either "scalding my skin right off the bone" or "freezing the sun spots right off my skin" took their complaints to the Mio town council last night. Jerry Joe Floopnoggin and his wife, Betty, spoke of the water-induced trauma they experience on what they refer to "an almost daily basis". In a complex world seemingly dominated by globalization and uncertainty, Jerry Joe, 84, stated that he experiences that same uncertainty every time he turns on his water faucet. In an emotional speech, limited to 3 minutes by town council charter, Jerry Joe implored the town council to "fix the damn problem" he and his bride Betty refuse to grow accustomed to. Betty emphasized that her unwavering commitment to the allied forces in World War II deserve both respect from the town council and the unpredictable water temperature that practically controls her every day life.

Should have went straight to the Mayor.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-01, 08:23

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Felderly-people-who-will-make-you-believe-in-love-again%2Ffront-porch

Should have went straight to the Mayor.
to their credit, they're trying to respect the established process. They indicated to me that if the issue is unresolved in an acceptable amount of time, they will not hesitate to go straight to the mayor.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-08-01, 09:14

Hot's on the left, cold's on the right. They should try using a combination of the two to get a nice pleasing temperature.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-01, 09:25

Gomer wrote:

Hot's on the left, cold's on the right. They should try using a combination of the two to get a nice pleasing temperature.
good idea.

I'll send them a telegram suggesting just that in a few minutes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-01, 09:39

It'll take a lot more Mio Envy than that to fuck my thread up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-01, 09:48

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-08-01, 10:07

LooseGoose wrote:It'll take a lot more Mio Envy than that to fuck my thread up.
Goose, it's pronounced M"eye"o, not "Me"o, i.e. get over your fucking self.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-01, 10:21

Gomer wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:It'll take a lot more Mio Envy than that to fuck my thread up.

Notice how healthy those old people are in this thread? 2 words. Raw Milk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-08-01, 10:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Notice how healthy those old people are in this thread? 2 words. Raw Milk.
Healthy? Happy maybe. But all that is separating Betty there from a broken hip is 18" of cheap Chinese plastic patio chair.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-01, 10:54

Connect with the outdoors at events in northern Michigan state parks

Forest Fest at Hartwick Pines State Park (Crawford County) Aug. 13

Kids of all ages will have fun at this educational event celebrating Michigan trees and forests. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. there will be educational stations featuring Michigan's forests, a visit from Smokey Bear and an opportunity to talk to DNR foresters about cool tools they use to fight fires and navigate their way through forests. Kids will also have the opportunity to learn about invasive species that threaten Michigan's trees. For more information, contact the park at 989-348-7068.

Black Iron Days at Hartwick Pines State Park (Crawford County) Aug. 27-28

Watch blacksmiths (and other artisans) make their masterpieces at this annual event. Stop and watch the steam-powered sawmill in action as it cuts through large logs. The event takes place Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, contact the park at 989-348-7068.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-02, 12:06

Timberfest to feature Lewiston history and family fun

LEWISTON — Although wood is typically associated with fifth anniversaries, it will be the focus as Lewiston celebrates its 125th at Timberfest Aug. 5-7.

Festivities at the 26th annual event, which is hosted by the Lewiston Area Chamber of Commerce, kick off Friday, Aug. 5, at 4:30 p.m. and last until midnight. Saturday’s events last from 11 a.m. to midnight, while Sunday’s activities are slated for 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

“It’s a family-friendly festival,” event Chairman Dave Gugel said. “It’s a festival that celebrates Lewiston’s heritage. This year we’re having a log show again; lumberjacks will be competing against each other in different events. For kids, there’s an inflatable area and carnival games. There are wood-carving demonstrations, an arts and crafts show.”

The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Shows, which will see competitors sawing through aspen, sprinting across logs and throwing axes, are scheduled for Friday at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. and Saturday at 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

The Lewiston Library will host kids’ arts, crafts and activities Friday 6-8 p.m., and the Lewiston Lions Project KidSight free vision screening is scheduled for Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The 10th annual Lewiston Timberfest Run is slated to begin Saturday at 8:30 a.m. The event will include a 10K, 5K and one-mile run. Proceeds from the event will benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and Alzheimer’s Association.

Participants can pre-register at the chamber, Get Fit Fitness Center or by emailing kayewoodruff@yahoo.com. For more information, call 248-321-7585. All participants will receive medals, and light refreshments will also be available.

The crowd-favorite Outhouse Races are slated to be held at 2 p.m. Saturday on Kneeland Road.

Gugel said the event attracts people from throughout Northern Michigan, with approximately 5,000 people visiting during the weekend.

And for those worried about cost for all this fun??

For $5, attendees can get a button that grants access on Friday and Saturday to entertainment, logging shows and the beer tent.

Kids’ daily wristbands are $7 or $10 for the weekend, which grant access to the midway inflatables — featuring a rock wall, obstacle course, laser tag, water slides and more — and logging shows. A 50-plus pancake breakfast is scheduled for Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon, while the Veterans of Foreign Wars post is slated to host a chicken dinner from noon to 4 p.m.

The three-day event will also feature live music, food, a beer tent, a pie-eating contest, the Northern Michigan Country Line Dancers, Sno*Drift rally car display and more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-04, 20:49

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 2efcGoN

Join us for a beautiful ride from Lydia's Gate to an undisclosed destination. Ride begins at 9:30, be sure to get here early for registration. Luncheon will be provided at 1:30.

All donations done by pledge - stop by Lydia's Gate or Stiches for You to pick up your pledge cards. Prize given for largest non-corporate monies collected.

We'll see you there!

Saturday, August 13 at 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Next Week · 61–79° Cloudy

This is the second fund raiser for Lydia's Gate. They only do two per year and totally operate with out any government assistance. We are looking for bikers to ride and sponsors for donations. It is a worthy cause and a great way to help those in need. Come and join in Ride to Provide.

Lydia's Gate is a faith-based emergency shelter in Mio, Michigan which provides housing for women and children who are temporarily without a place to stay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-05, 12:31

Lewiston Timberfest

Come & Enjoy the 26th Annual Lewiston Timberfest
August 5th, 6th & 7th

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 File%20Apr%2020,%209%2027%2052%20AM

Full Schedule of Events
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-05, 13:08

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 ElderlyMan_redHat_750x320

Mio, MI - Local resident "Neon" Leon Hoggsaddle was left Monday morning "what the heck happened" as he realized he is slowly, yet surely, approaching the end of his life. Most residents might recognize "Neon" Leon as the man who navigated afternoon traffic for years selling hot dogs from his mobile hot dog stand. It was Monday morning, Mr. Hoggsaddle proclaimed, that he woke up and realized that his life's calling - the procurement and selling of hot dogs - was drawing to a close. He indicated some regret with the number of hot dogs he has personally consumed. "Neon" Leon stated that hot dog consumption has led to a number of health issues, the most apparent one being his physical appearance. Mr. Hoggsaddle, when pressed, stated that he was 27 years old.

If you'd like to donate to "Neon" Leon's retirement plan, you can either purchase his remaining supply of uncooked hot dogs or his hot dog cart. There will also be a hot dog dinner next Tuesday at 3:00 pm at the Nip-n-Sip - all proceeds to Mr. Hoggsaddle's kidney, liver, heart and pancreas transplants.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-05, 13:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 8 ElderlyMan_redHat_750x320

Asheville, NC - Local resident "Neon" Leon Hoggsaddle was left Monday morning "what the heck happened" as he realized he is slowly, yet surely, approaching the end of his life. Most residents might recognize "Neon" Leon as the man who navigated afternoon traffic for years selling hot dogs from his mobile hot dog stand. It was Monday morning, Mr. Hoggsaddle proclaimed, that he woke up and realized that his life's calling - the procurement and selling of hot dogs - was drawing to a close. He indicated some regret with the number of hot dogs he has personally consumed. "Neon" Leon stated that hot dog consumption has led to a number of health issues, the most apparent one being his physical appearance. Mr. Hoggsaddle, when pressed, stated that he was 27 years old.

If you'd like to donate to "Neon" Leon's retirement plan, you can either purchase his remaining supply of uncooked hot dogs or his hot dog cart. There will also be a hot dog dinner next Tuesday at 3:00 pm at the Nip-n-Sip - all proceeds to Mr. Hoggsaddle's kidney, liver, heart and pancreas transplants.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-05, 13:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 8 ElderlyMan_redHat_750x320

Asheville, NC - Local resident "Neon" Leon Hoggsaddle was left Monday morning "what the heck happened" as he realized he is slowly, yet surely, approaching the end of his life. Most residents might recognize "Neon" Leon as the man who navigated afternoon traffic for years selling hot dogs from his mobile hot dog stand. It was Monday morning, Mr. Hoggsaddle proclaimed, that he woke up and realized that his life's calling - the procurement and selling of hot dogs - was drawing to a close. He indicated some regret with the number of hot dogs he has personally consumed. "Neon" Leon stated that hot dog consumption has led to a number of health issues, the most apparent one being his physical appearance. Mr. Hoggsaddle, when pressed, stated that he was 27 years old.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.
thank you... he's in my thoughts and prayers.

on the upside, it'll be one less republican to worry about.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-08, 11:28

It just occurred to me that all of you that are planning trips to the area need some info on Lodging options. The chalets are a fine choice for those that want to stay in the heart of Amish country - you can smell the manure wafting across the fields and ponds as you enjoy your morning coffee.

The Country Chalets

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Chalet1

The two, country-styled, three bedroom chalets are located in a pleasant setting on 38 acres across from each other on a 2 acre private pond.

Each chalet contains: 3 private bedrooms, full bath, full kitchen living dining area, deck, electric heat and stone fireplace with gas logs.

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Photo_-_Ariel_View

Summer Week: $475 for a family of 4

Week rentals can come in after 3 p.m. on Friday and check-out by 11 a.m. Friday

Spring, Fall, & Winter Weekend: $160 for 2 people

Week Nights: Sunday thru Thursday $70 for 2 people

Weekend rentals can come in anytime on Friday and check-out by 6 p.m. Sunday
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-08, 13:16

do the master suites look like this?

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Cupola-suite

and can I hear the clippity-clop of the horses from the windswept veranda?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-08-09, 08:50

Goose, I really appreciate the offer. That's awesome. I will have to figure something out for next time. Lost Creek was a last minute dinner decision but I figured we had to be closer to you when I saw the sign for Luzerne.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-09, 09:12

Triple Sparty wrote:Goose, I really appreciate the offer. That's awesome. I will have to figure something out for next time. Lost Creek was a last minute dinner decision but I figured we had to be closer to you when I saw the sign for Luzerne.

How was your dinner there? They try hard but I've had some real ups and downs with their food. Our family cabin in the 60s-80s was about a mile behind the Sky Ranch on the Big Creek. I'm about 4-5 miles from there now. Hope you had fun while in the area.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-09, 11:30

Triple Sparty wrote:Goose, I really appreciate the offer. That's awesome. I will have to figure something out for next time. Lost Creek was a last minute dinner decision but I figured we had to be closer to you when I saw the sign for Luzerne.
I had to re-read this... I thought you were referring to the lovely town in Switzerland (Lucerne). If you haven't been, you should consider going.

no worries, though - I've never been to the sleepy hamlet of the Luzerne near Mio, but I'm sure it's quite comparable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-09, 12:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I had to re-read this... I thought you were referring to the lovely town in Switzerland (Lucerne). If you haven't been, you should consider going.

no worries, though - I've never been to the sleepy hamlet of the Luzerne near Mio, but I'm sure it's quite comparable.

Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-09, 12:35

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Wow.
wow is right..

Mio and area Doings - Page 8 Lucerne-Switzerland

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-09, 12:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's wonderful to see a man of the people humblebragging. And no you're not quite sure it's comparable, remember all the pictures you've posted in this thread of toothless old fat people? Can't have it both ways.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-09, 12:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's wonderful to see a man of the people humblebragging. And no you're not quite sure it's comparable, remember all the pictures you've posted in this thread of toothless old fat people? Can't have it both ways.
Vote here to ban bob sak
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-09, 12:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Vote here to ban bob sak

And now the "poor pitiful Bob" post. Your shit is so played.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-09, 12:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Vote here to ban bob sak

And now the "poor pitiful Bob" post. Your shit is so played.
sounds like you could use some soft serve ice cream and some time under your favorite shade tree.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-08-09, 12:48

It's okay. Bob can't swim. And I'm pretty sure I've never been to Lucerne. Not my sort of thing when going abroad.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-09, 13:23

Triple Sparty wrote:It's okay. Bob can't swim. And I'm pretty sure I've never been to Lucerne. Not my sort of thing when going abroad.
Mio and area Doings - Page 8 969504605

different strokes, right dude??
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-08-09, 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You haven't lived if you've never visited the Leota Mall.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next