Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mio and area Doings

+28
Da Mayor
CORNER BLITZ
MSU addict
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTito
Martin Spartan
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Nordic
NigelUno
tanfan!
Jake from State Farm
CheesySpartan
Clarett's Folly
Triple Sparty
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
32 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 Empty Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-16, 22:41

Pumpkin pie #1
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-16, 22:43

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Can't beat a good punkin chunkin with a trebuchet.

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-16, 22:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Pumpkin pie #1

Shipped to CO???

Let me look into that
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-16, 22:59

Goose no way you do not have to do that. Next time I'm in MI and go to my cabin.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-16, 23:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose no way you do not have to do that. Next time I'm in MI and go to my cabin.

Lol that'll give me some time to work on pumpkin. My grandmother used to make pumpkin pies straight from the pumpkins. Much different texture and better flavor than canned pumpkin I've never tried it but my #1 son loves pumpkin so I'm willing to spend some time on it.

Why today's pumpkin doesn't taste like grandma's.

Canned Pumpkin Isn’t Actually Pumpkin

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2016-10-17, 14:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Martin Spartan wrote:Goose, we are at Hartwick Pines, wife said she saw something about a giant pumpkin catapult near by, do you have any deets?

Just dawned on me. WTF are you doing at Hartwick pines with no pie request? I swear some of you people are afraid I'll poison you. Look at Motown there, an hour later he was still alive.

Love pie but wouldn't want to burden someone I have never even met in real life! That and I bann eb you on tRCMB so yes, you may poison me!
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-17, 14:22

Martin Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Just dawned on me. WTF are you doing at Hartwick pines with no pie request? I swear some of you people are afraid I'll poison you. Look at Motown there, an hour later he was still alive.

Love pie but wouldn't want to burden someone I have never even met in real life! That and I bann eb you on tRCMB so yes, you may poison me!

LOL - I rarely hold grudges. Are you still at the Pines? If so, for how long?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-17, 15:03

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9KnThhXQgDIY0jNVAg_8FD0q_EhKdzFbYY0ibkuVisiTDbWmL

MIO, Mi - This Friday evening, at the Mio Community Center, the Mio Citizens for a Better Town is hosting its monthly "Senior Citizen Sing-a-Long". When this tradition began nearly 31 years ago, this year's organizer, Claude Freemont was 62 years old and saw the excitement it created within the community. "Singing old favorites such as "Amazing Grace" and "How Great Thou Art" really solidifies the community experience", says Mr. Freemont. If the crowd is feeling particularly frisky, Mr. Freemont says they'll sing such classics as "Heartbreak Hotel" or "Rock Around the Clock". The event begins this Friday at 2:30 pm and you can arrange transportation by calling the community center. If you have an oxygen machine that needs to be accommodated, please let them know at that time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-19, 08:36

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 9vZ7Vho
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-19, 08:37

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 0YsHcnB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-19, 08:46

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 Delmar
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-19, 09:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 11 Delmar
I should move to have you banned for this reckless display of Mio-mockery. Mio and area Doings - Page 11 1896033241

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-19, 09:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I should move to have you banned for this reckless display of Mio-mockery. Mio and area Doings - Page 11 1896033241

Mockery? I thought he was looking forward to the banquet at the American Legion hall.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-19, 09:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I should move to have you banned for this reckless display of Mio-mockery.   Mio and area Doings - Page 11 1896033241

It's Miockery. More squirrel?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-19, 09:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I should move to have you banned for this reckless display of Mio-mockery.   Mio and area Doings - Page 11 1896033241

It's Miockery. More squirrel?
Mio and area Doings - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-19, 09:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Mockery? I thought he was looking forward to the banquet at the American Legion hall.
I think that's scheduled for November. I'll update this thread when I get more information.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-20, 12:06

Leaving Home

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 IMG_4568-1080x675

It’s impossible to float or wade the Au Sable without seeing a big logjam and thinking, “I bet a big brown trout lives in there.” Streamer fishing, major hatches, and electroshocking surveys provide evidence to support these suspicions. If you want a broader definition of where our trout live, you can look to the telemetry studies, which have shown that brown trout in the Au Sable tend to have a feeding spot and a resting spot (or a nighttime spot and a daytime spot). Light level and food availability tend to be the determining factors in where a fish will be sitting at a given time, but sometimes stronger forces come into play.

Yesterday Matt and I floated the Mason Tract. I’ve never seen so many big fish. Unfortunately, they weren’t chasing my fly. Most of them were sitting in the middle of the river in a few feet of water. As our boat approached, they’d slide to one side of the river and swim upstream. They weren’t spooking—just getting out of our way. Casting a fly in their direction only gave them another thing to dodge. We did see about a dozen large redds and quite a few smaller ones—some with fish on them, but no active spawning (except for a couple pairs of Brook trout). Those fish would wait longer to move out of our way, but when they did they’d do so with a little more urgency—and they’d usually head for cover. The past few days have been warm and wet. The river is in beautiful shape, but the weather is giving the trout mixed signals. The fish are happily passing along those mixed signals to us fishermen.

The deep runs, the inside bends, and the gnarly log jams seem abandoned. The handful of fish that we saw rise today were in nondescript, random spots—not prime feeding lies. If you find gravel, you’ll find fish. The better ones will often be sitting on marginal structure next to fast water. We had lots of fish chase our flies today—especially the big, black, articulated streamer. Most of the trout refused to commit, and the ones that did usually couldn’t get the fly in their mouths. When we’d switch back to a smaller black streamer in an attempt to finally get the skunk off the boat, the fish would stop chasing. As the day went on, the patterns became more clear, but we still fished every inch of water in hopes that we’d find a fish that was bucking the trends. We did [above].
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-20, 12:26

Beautiful fish.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-21, 19:42

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 JCOnKIN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2016-10-21, 21:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Martin Spartan wrote:

We left first thing Tuesday morning for Petoskey and the tunnel of trees. You live in a beautiful area!
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-10-22, 08:11

Martin Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

We left first thing Tuesday morning for Petoskey and the tunnel of trees. You live in a beautiful area!

Just did that yesterday, beautiful area. Take a ride out Levering Road too. The trees are in full color and absolutely beautiful view.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-10-22, 09:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9KnThhXQgDIY0jNVAg_8FD0q_EhKdzFbYY0ibkuVisiTDbWmL

MIO, Mi - This Friday evening, at the Mio Community Center, the Mio Citizens for a Better Town is hosting its monthly "Senior Citizen Sing-a-Long". When this tradition began nearly 31 years ago, this year's organizer, Claude Freemont was 62 years old and saw the excitement it created within the community. "Singing old favorites such as "Amazing Grace" and "How Great Thou Art" really solidifies the community experience", says Mr. Freemont. If the crowd is feeling particularly frisky, Mr. Freemont says they'll sing such classics as "Heartbreak Hotel" or "Rock Around the Clock". The event begins this Friday at 2:30 pm and you can arrange transportation by calling the community center. If you have an oxygen machine that needs to be accommodated, please let them know at that time.

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 502811600
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-22, 09:51

Martin Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's very pretty now and again in the winter with the snow in the woods. Then again summer is nice on the river too. ;-) I would bitch about the muddy spring but with 80' of blow sand under us we don't get much mud.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-22, 10:53

LG's pies are legit. No poison that I have detected yet other than the alcohol that I'm tube feeding into my bloodstream.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-22, 11:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:LG's pies are legit. No poison that I have detected yet other than the alcohol that I'm tube feeding into my bloodstream.

Time for him to put up a shingle in downtown Mio.
Way to go loose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-22, 11:21

COME JOIN US ! Saturday Nov 5, 2016 6:30 at the Mio Community Center for the Annual Wine Tasteing and Silent Auction. Always a well attended popular event, enjoy a sampling of Michigan wines from local wineries, excellent Hor dourves, a silent auction, 50/50 raffle and door prizes. You'll always find great people and great conversation
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-22, 11:21

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:LG's pies are legit. No poison that I have detected yet other than the alcohol that I'm tube feeding into my bloodstream.

Time for him to put up a shingle in downtown Mio.
Way to go loose.

That would take the fun out of it and make it work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-24, 14:05

My pies got stolen.

There was about 1/3 of the blueberry left and half of the cherry so I brought them home with me. I planned to give the cherry to my inlaws bc my FIL loves cherry pie and what was I going to do with two pies? Well, I fucked up and grabbed the wrong bag and sent it with my wife last night when she was meeting up with her mom. I texted her today and told her if she was going to swing by to grab the cherry pie off of the counter and swap them out. I was informed that she gave the rest of the blueberry pie to my sister in law and her family and I'm now pot-committed on giving the cherry pie to my father in law. Fuck.

Oh well the cookies are still good. Wife likes them, too. Buddies were raving about the pies.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-24, 15:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My pies got stolen.

There was about 1/3 of the blueberry left and half of the cherry so I brought them home with me. I planned to give the cherry to my inlaws bc my FIL loves cherry pie and what was I going to do with two pies? Well, I fucked up and grabbed the wrong bag and sent it with my wife last night when she was meeting up with her mom. I texted her today and told her if she was going to swing by to grab the cherry pie off of the counter and swap them out. I was informed that she gave the rest of the blueberry pie to my sister in law and her family and I'm now pot-committed on giving the cherry pie to my father in law. Fuck.

Oh well the cookies are still good. Wife likes them, too. Buddies were raving about the pies.

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 1966794946 Mio and area Doings - Page 11 1966794946 Glad you enjoyed them.

I made a smaller cherry to keep here and thought the filling was a little off, I don't think I got the liquid portion quite right this time. The Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies my kids love, I like the molasses better. If we do this again I'll make some snickerdoodles, those are another favorite.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-24, 15:50

Why is Loose giving all of the posters Type II diabetes? Is this the first part of his plan for world domination?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-24, 15:56

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 Berlin+Senior+Citizens+Week+e7tRMPUtK0el

MIO, Mi - This Saturday is the annual Senior Citizen Sock-Hop at the Mio Community Center. The event is reserved for all able-bodied Mio citizens who are over the age of 65. It's always a highlight on the community calendar, as approximately 92% of the population is eligible to participate. The dance begins at 2:00 pm and Hugh MacIntosh, this year's organizer, assures all participants that they will be finished by 2:45, allowing plenty of time for a nap, dinner, another nap and subsequent bed time. An ambulance will be on-site to attend to any issues that might arise. To reserve your spot at this year's sock hop, you can call the Mio Community Center.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-28, 21:51

Halloween creeping up in Oscoda County

OSCODA COUNTY — Family fun will abound leading up to and on Halloween night, as several organizations in the county are both putting on events and loading up trunks and kids with treats.

For the second year, the Oscoda County Library’s Mio branch is hosting its Fall Family Fun Fest on Saturday, Oct. 29, at 1 p.m. The event will feature a maze, games, crafts, food, costume contests, prizes and more. Several Halloween-themed inflatables will be at the library, including a 7-foot-tall dragon. The movie “Hotel Transylvania 2” will be shown at 2:30 p.m., with complementary popcorn. This free event is especially geared toward kids ages 0-12 but is open to everyone. Registration is encouraged, as the first 20 will receive a free gift bag. To register, visit either the Mio or Fairview branch or call 989-826-3613.

On Halloween night, the Mio Dummy Club will be giving out free hot dogs and hot chocolate once again from 5-7 p.m., but this year it will be in front of the Mio Saloon in downtown Mio. Club Treasurer and Luzerne Fire Chief Duane Roddy said gun raffle tickets will also be available.

The Luzerne Chamber of Commerce’s trunk or treat will also take place Oct. 31 at the Comstock-Nelson Park, which has a pavilion that can be utilized. From 5-7 p.m., the Luzerne Fire Department will be present giving away hot chocolate, candy, fire department freebies and information. Several local businesses will also be participating; Roddy estimated that around 20-25 groups and individuals typically participate.

Finally, the AuSable River Restaurant will be conducting its fourth annual trunk-or-treat event Oct. 31 in its parking lot, across from Family Fare in Mio. The event will run from 5 p.m. until candy or kids run out, according to owner Ann Galbraith. She said anyone is welcome to come pass out candy, noting that several organizations and ladies from the Mio United Methodist Church typically participate. In the event of inclement weather, she said half of the restaurant will be closed down so the event can be continued inside. Candy donations are welcomed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-28, 21:56

I love Mio.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-28, 21:57

Turtleneck wrote:I love Mio.

Because Family fun abounds?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-28, 22:01

My favorite sentence of that story is this one:

On Halloween night, the Mio Dummy Club will be giving out free hot dogs and hot chocolate once again from 5-7 p.m., but this year it will be in front of the Mio Saloon in downtown Mio. Club Treasurer and Luzerne Fire Chief Duane Roddy said gun raffle tickets will also be available.

Takeaways:
The Mio Dummy Club (yes it's existed for decades) is giving away free food for trick or treaters in front of the Saloon......and of course you can buy gun raffle tickets while you munch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-02, 10:00

Mio and area Doings - Page 11 LanternShowLamps
The final scene of the show is the Summer Kitchen, warmly lit with oil lamps and hot cider for all.

It's time to make your reservations for "The Farm By Lantern Light"!!!  Call 989 348 5187

Join the "Farm By Lantern Light" Tradition

Many Michigan families are now making the annual Holiday Season Production at Wellington Farm a part of their family Christmas each year.  "The Farm By Lantern Light" is a combination sleigh ride, a visit to the living history farm and a play all rolled into one evening.  The play is based on an event which supposedly happened in the tiny community of Wellington many years ago.  It's a great Holiday Season experience for the entire family, however we do encourage families with children under the age of 6 to not bring them as they tend to not understand, get cold and become fidgety resulting in the parents not enjoying the show.  After the surprise ending of the show, everyone will ride back to the starting point on the sleigh with a new appreciation of the true meaning of Christmas. Dates for the 2016 performances are
December 9, 10, 16 and 17.

Admission to the 'Farm By Lantern Light" is only $12.50 per persons and reservations are an absolute must.  Call 989 348 5187 or email welfar32@gmail.com to reserve your seat on the sleigh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-02, 10:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Martin Spartan wrote:

It's very pretty now and again in the winter with the snow in the woods.   Then again summer is nice on the river too.  ;-)    I would bitch about the muddy spring but with 80' of blow sand under us we don't get much mud.

I've been snowmobiling on the trails around Cadillac after a big snowfall before. Effin' beautiful and kind of distracting. Gotta pay attention otherwise you end up wrapped around a tree.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-02, 10:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's very pretty now and again in the winter with the snow in the woods.   Then again summer is nice on the river too.  ;-)    I would bitch about the muddy spring but with 80' of blow sand under us we don't get much mud.

I've been snowmobiling on the trails around Cadillac after a big snowfall before. Effin' beautiful and kind of distracting. Gotta pay attention otherwise you end up wrapped around a tree.
pretty sure there will be an upcoming symposium at the Mio Community Center regarding snowmobile safety.

Stay tuned for an announcement in the coming days.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-02, 11:11

And Bob thinks the USAF bombing us is some weird paranoia:

6 bombs, missile fall off Selfridge plane near Grayling

No one was injured due to the release, which WWTV and WPBN report happened Oct. 25 over Oscoda County

The Michigan National Guard says the bombs and missile were found in a remote wooded area near Luzerne.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-02, 11:14

LooseGoose wrote:And Bob thinks the USAF bombing us is some weird paranoia:

6 bombs, missile fall off Selfridge plane near Grayling

No one was injured due to the release, which WWTV and WPBN report happened Oct. 25 over Oscoda County

The Michigan National Guard says the bombs and missile were found in a remote wooded area near Luzerne.
I tried to tell y'all not to vote for that colored boy.

this would never happen if you join me to Make America Great Again.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next