Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mio and area Doings

+28
Da Mayor
CORNER BLITZ
MSU addict
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTito
Martin Spartan
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Nordic
NigelUno
tanfan!
Jake from State Farm
CheesySpartan
Clarett's Folly
Triple Sparty
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
32 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 Empty Re: Mio and area Doings

Post by Turtleneck Wed 8 Jun 2016 - 18:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Can Mio beat Dulcimer Fest in Evart?

You can judge that starting in the AM.

This is what you're up against.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 7:27

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 Gateslodge_225px_logo.png.pagespeed.ce.XR2ODU9ClJ
Fly Tying with John Sheets, Sunday, June 12, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm: This is a great class for the already experienced fly tyer. New techniques, and new thoughts on old patterns. This is the class for the tyer that thinks he or she has seen it all. Learn extended body and stacked hackle techniques from someone that ties them commercially. This class won’t interfere with your evening fishing, and will teach you something new. $75. Includes materials. Bring your tools and vise.

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 IMG_2053-1024x1024
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 9:11

Start of the music festivals this year is tomorrow night when the Nor-East'r 2016 kicks off. Ya have to dig pretty deep for this one - $60 for the entire weekend, daily tickets vary.

2016 Line up Announced!!
Caravan of Thieves * Oh Brother Big Sister * Jill Jack * Olivia Millerschin * Yellow Room Gang *Matt Watroba * Escaping Pavement * Dixon's Violin* Kitty Donohoe * Annie & Rod Capps * Mike Vial * Nina & The Buffalo Riders * Band of Lovers * Magic Bus * Dave Boutette * Mustard's Retreat * Olivia Mainville & The Aquatic Troupe * Cold Tone Harvest * Afro Zuma * The Whistle Stop Revue * Hey Mavis * Blue Water Ramblers * Bill Bynum & Co. * the Mickeys * Jay Stielstra * Red Herring * Chris Crown and Friends * Ed Dupas * Sydney Burnham * Lee Kitzman * Sydni Kann * Keeli Grace

On the second weekend of June, the Nor-East’r Music & Art Festival takes place at the Oscoda County Fairgrounds: three straight days of eclectic music and art, food, dancing, camping, jamming, drumming, and some of the greatest parkin’ lot pickin’ in the state. Three stages host continuous music morning to night, ranging from blues to bluegrass, country to new age, jam bands, old-time, Celtic, folk, and even a little rock. Artists offer varied original work from woodcarving to glasswork, jewelry to stonework, basket-making, fiber art, photography, and of course, the indispensable festival tie-dye. All this and more makes Nor-East’r one of Michigan’s best festival experiences.

If you’re a fan of music, you will want to check out the national, regional, and Michigan acts performing on our stages. The huge main stage is the centerpiece of the grounds, surrounded by great shade trees and in close proximity to food and art vendors, campsites, and bathrooms. The Parlor Stage is an intimate indoor venue adjoined to an eatery where you can have breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or just come to enjoy the premium live music. The Barn Stage has everything from dances to children’s song writing to full bands. On Saturday and Sunday, workshops for musicians from beginner to advanced level are hosted in workshop areas around the grounds.
A juried art fair features artisans and their own original art and craftsmanship. Artists also host workshops, inviting you to come and learn how to make and create, so you can be the artist too.

The development of youth musical talent and involvement is fostered throughout the festival program, including a giveaway of guitars and other instruments for deserving young people, to help get them started. There are ongoing children’s activities including songwriting, open mike, workshops, and arts and crafts in the children’s craft barn.

The campgrounds are picturesque and beautiful, offering both rustic and some electric hookup for RVs. Shaded sites, sunny sites, flush and vault toilets, hot showers, clean facilities and of course lots of after-hours jamming. Quiet space can also be found, but for those that don’t want to miss anything, most campsites are close to all activities.

The campgrounds are picturesque and beautiful, offering both rustic and some electric hookup for RVs. Shaded sites, sunny sites, flush and vault toilets, hot showers, clean facilities and of course lots of after-hours jamming. Quiet space can also be found, but for those that don't want to miss anything, most campsites are close to all activities.

Nor-East’r is a family-friendly event much loved for its depth and diversity in musical talent and its workshops to learn directly from talented performers. The Oscoda County Fairgrounds is the perfect location for the festival — the site is very condensed, making it a favorite among those that enjoy going to the varied activities that the festival has to offer. Come and join our little world of music, art, fun, and community for a real weekend away.

We hope you'll come and play with us in June.

Nor-East’r Music & Art Festival: JUNE 10-11-12, 2016
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 9:30

I don't know how one community can put out that much fun. It's like fucking disney land there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 9:44

quick view of the downtown Mio webcam this morning..

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 To-tek-001

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 9:51

I'm gonna bookmark this thread for when I turn 70.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 10:03

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm gonna bookmark this thread for when I turn 70.

I bet there will be some good music at the festival Loose posted. I would check out the parking lot pickin'.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 14:27

Irisarians to bring beauty, longstanding tradition to Hale

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 1465396620_d48d

HALE — The world’s longest-standing American Iris Society-approved show will return for the 72nd year when the Mio Irisarians gather at the Plainfield Township Hall in Hale June 12.

All are welcome to bring and display irises at the show, which is free to enter. Set up is slated to be held from 7-10 a.m., with a free public viewing to be held 1:30-4:30 p.m.

Because it is a judge-sanctioned show, there will be at least 15 exhibitors and more than 50 entries. There will also be artistic categories where exhibitors put irises in arrangements, and the public votes on their favorite.

The event will also honor Opal Fullerton, a lifelong member who passed away at the age of 103 in August 2015. Raised in Fairview, Fullerton was the only female graduate of the Ferris Institute pharmacy school in 1936. She and her husband owned and operated a pharmacy in Fairview for 28 years, during which time she became a member of the Mio Irisarians.

Attendees are welcome to join the Mio Irisarians and the American Iris Society at the show. Iris rhizomes will be available for purchase at the show, and refreshments will be served.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 14:32

LooseGoose wrote:Irisarians to bring beauty, longstanding tradition to Hale

HALE — The world’s longest-standing American Iris Society-approved show will return for the 72nd year when the Mio Irisarians gather at the Plainfield Township Hall in Hale June 12.

All are welcome to bring and display irises at the show, which is free to enter. Set up is slated to be held from 7-10 a.m., with a free public viewing to be held 1:30-4:30 p.m.

Because it is a judge-sanctioned show, there will be at least 15 exhibitors and more than 50 entries. There will also be artistic categories where exhibitors put irises in arrangements, and the public votes on their favorite.

The event will also honor Opal Fullerton, a lifelong member who passed away at the age of 103 in August 2015. Raised in Fairview, Fullerton was the only female graduate of the Ferris Institute pharmacy school in 1936. She and her husband owned and operated a pharmacy in Fairview for 28 years, during which time she became a member of the Mio Irisarians.

Attendees are welcome to join the Mio Irisarians and the American Iris Society at the show. Iris rhizomes will be available for purchase at the show, and refreshments will be served.
dude - I don't mean to tell you what to do, or anything..

but if I were you, I'd think twice before hanging out with the Irisarians.. they're a very volatile ethnic group with ties to Muslim extremism..  and your association with them could potentially get you kicked out of the Greater Mio-Area Republican and Pillow Collectors of Rural Michigan Association.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:06

The iris is a beautiful flower. I hated them as a little kid because our next door neighbor grew them and she was a cranky old bitch. Now she's dead and I like them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:12

tGreenWay wrote:

The iris is a beautiful flower. I hated them as a little kid because our next door neighbor grew them and she was a cranky old bitch. Now she's dead and I like them.
I knew a woman named Iris once.

she made me uncomfortable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:16

tGreenWay wrote:

Was her death iris related?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:17

Iris I had a boat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:18

DWags wrote:Iris I had a boat.
Iris you'd shut up...

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 Nd

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:21

Clarett's Folly wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Was her death iris related?

My attorney says I'm not allowed to discuss it if she's not present.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Is that because Iris helped you to see yourself more clearly? Get it? Iris? Thats fucking GOLD, bitch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I knew a woman named Iris once.

Is that because Iris helped you to see yourself more clearly? Get it? Iris? Thats fucking GOLD, bitch.
that joke was very cornea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

that joke was very cornea.

You're right. I should be punished with several lashes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 9 Jun 2016 - 15:47

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that joke was very cornea.

You're right. I should be punished with several lashes.
I don't appreciate the lens by which you are viewing his conversation.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 11:31

Back to the summer time music festivals....

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 RtW_Logo4

Slick Jimmy Band, LBA, Fat Pocket, 202 Band, Rocket88s, Donny Hartman Band
Rock the Woods Noon to Midnight!
$10 at the gate - in and out allowed
Great food!  Great beer including Austin Brothers!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri 10 Jun 2016 - 11:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

To be fair Bob pretty much everyone probably makes you uncomfortable...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2016 - 7:19

The Mio Lions Club Kids Free Fishing Day is June 11th 10:00-2:00 at the Pond Drive Access site. Tackle, bait, lunch and prizes for info call 989-390-0716
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 10:35

One look through these pictures should convince all that we allow the young hippy types in to enjoy the area too....

The Nor-east'r Festival blows in musical talent from all over state

MIO — The Nor-east’r Music and Art Festival brought in bands, musicians and people from all over the state of Michigan to enjoy folk and rock music as well as art and camping.

Saturday June 11 at 5 p.m., event coordinator Buffy Carr handed out several service awards to Nor-East’r helpers and scholarships to young individuals pursuing music and art.

Fourteen lucky kids were also chosen to receive a free acoustic guitar and guitar lesson from Judy Insley.

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 1465827213_078a
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 11:43

LooseGoose wrote:One look through these pictures should convince all that we allow the young hippy types in to enjoy the area too.....
"boy, I can't get enough of that Connie Francis cover band"..

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 632x305_AgeUK_Harrogate_041
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 11:44

There's a good chance that LWS is in one of these pics.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:30

Little bit of a drive from Mio - but you need the skills if you're going bear hunting here this fall.

DNR offers bear hunting clinics in Cadillac this July and August

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 Phillip-berry-copy_original
The Department of Natural Resources Outdoor Skills Academy in Cadillac, Michigan, will offer bear hunting clinics Saturday, July 30, Sunday, Aug. 7, and Saturday, Aug. 13, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Students will learn the ins and outs of bear hunting with experienced hunters and DNR educators. The class will cover habitat, gear, stand placement, baiting, rules and regulations, carcass care and hide care.

Participants will spend three to four hours in the classroom and then hit the trail to learn how to place a stand and bait in the woods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 13:55

the Mio Chamber of Commerce reacts to this thread..

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 WiiSeniors.article

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 14:20

Yeah, having pleasant, happy people around sucks. Much better that we should all hang around with miserable pricks making fun of good people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 14:41

LooseGoose wrote:Yeah, having pleasant, happy people around sucks. Much better that we should all hang around with miserable pricks making fun of good people.
Vote here to ban bob sak
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:27

Wellington Farm 2016
The first concert of the season is this Saturday night, June 18! Gates open at 6:30, show starts at 7:30. A great show of original folk music. Lawn chairs and coolers welcome. Tickets are only $8 and you can cut that in half by visiting Wellington Farm, USA during the day. Pass this on so we can have a great crowd for Rustic Heart.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:28

LooseGoose wrote:
Wellington Farm 2016
The first concert of the season is this Saturday night, June 18! Gates open at 6:30, show starts at 7:30. A great show of original folk music. Lawn chairs and coolers welcome. Tickets are only $8 and you can cut that in half by visiting Wellington Farm, USA during the day. Pass this on so we can have a great crowd for Rustic Heart.

Does my AARP card get me an additional discount?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 10:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Wellington Farm 2016

Yeah, having pleasant, happy people around sucks. Much better that we should all hang around with miserable pricks making fun of good people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 Parrot
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:20

LooseGoose wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 3 AHCL1Rs

A reminder bump - this is tomorrow if any of you want to join me there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 20:53

LooseGoose wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Mio and area Doings - Page 3 AHCL1Rs

A reminder bump - this is tomorrow if any of you want to join me there.

Sure, can I borrow your bike? Mine is in the shop getting put back together after I totaled it dodging a stroller on the sidewalk.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 20:58

Jake from State Farm wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:A reminder bump - this is tomorrow if any of you want to join me there.
Sure, can I borrow your bike? Mine is in the shop getting put back together after I totaled it dodging a stroller on the sidewalk.

Oh god....how'd you do?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 7:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Oh god....how'd you do?

My neighbor, State Farm, took care of me. The stroller is a mess though. I guess that's what happens when strollers share the sidewalk with motorcycles.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 14:34

More than 200 on scene for 13th annual Blessing of the Bikes

ELMER TWP. — Motorcyclists from across the state — and even some as far as Florida — made their way to the TriPoint Church of God Saturday for the 13th annual Blessing of the Bikes.

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 1466271258_9c52
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 9:47

Huge turnout for inaugural Color the Woods 5K

MIO — The approximately 200 participants in the inaugural Color the Woods 5K Run/Walk crossed the finish line looking like they just stepped out of a cotton candy machine.

Runners and walkers made their way through the Wolf Creek Trail System Saturday while being doused with color at the start, finish and five stations along the way. The colored powder used is eco-friendly.

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 1466270070_bda0
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 9:53

LooseGoose wrote:Huge turnout for inaugural Color the Woods 5K

MIO — The approximately 200 participants in the inaugural Color the Woods 5K Run/Walk crossed the finish line looking like they just stepped out of a cotton candy machine.

Runners and walkers made their way through the Wolf Creek Trail System Saturday while being doused with color at the start, finish and five stations along the way. The colored powder used is eco-friendly.

Mio and area Doings - Page 3 1466270070_bda0
I'd say that's the most number of colored people Mio has seen in quite some time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next