Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

+18
tGreenWay
Blanch32
tanfan!
DWags
TheReal_LWS
Cym Jim
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Vlad
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
tTy
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Empty Re: Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:03

Nah, this guy is a little different than those others. Though, it is early. Who knows, maybe they'll find more. You didn't catch me saying these things about any of those others. This guy just seems like your standard crazy guy more than he does devout terrorist that wants to die for a cause. Again, I'm not particularly interested in the rantings of a guy who was about to kill people and also checked google to see how much play he was getting while in the process of killing people.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Empty Re: Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:04

As soon as you say "sources please" while not offering any sources you start to come off like a total twat bag. We're having a conversation X. You can either participate or continue to think you are smarter than you are by yourself.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Nah, this guy is a little different than those others. Though, it is early. Who knows, maybe they'll find more. You didn't catch me saying these things about any of those others. This guy just seems like your standard crazy guy more than he does devout terrorist that wants to die for a cause. Again, I'm not particularly interested in the rantings of a guy who was about to kill people and also checked google to see how much play he was getting while in the process of killing people.

Of course you're not. Because it proves otherwise.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:As soon as you say "sources please" while not offering any sources you start to come off like a total twat bag. We're having a conversation X. You can either participate or continue to think you are smarter than you are by yourself.

So I assume you wouldn't go toe to toe with sources regarding organizations that are calling for the murder of blacks and those that are calling for the murder of Americans?

We are having a conversation. But if you were trying to prove a point you would be losing by trying to make wild stretches to avoid the fact this guy was driven by religion to kill people. Which, by definition, makes him a religious terrorist. His religion was Islam. Which makes him an Islamic terrorist. Islamic terrorist groups are responsible for the bulk of terrorist attacks around the world and have all declared war on America if not all of the west.

I'm making it obvious for you. But so far you don't have anything to prove any of that wrong and just want me to trust your feelings that "he was just crazy, duh!"
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:11

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Nah, this guy is a little different than those others. Though, it is early. Who knows, maybe they'll find more. You didn't catch me saying these things about any of those others. This guy just seems like your standard crazy guy more than he does devout terrorist that wants to die for a cause. Again, I'm not particularly interested in the rantings of a guy who was about to kill people and also checked google to see how much play he was getting while in the process of killing people.

Dude.

He was about to kill 50 people.

Do you reaaaaaaaly think he was lucid at that point? If you do then fine. We really don't have all that much more to talk about. Crazy fucks say crazy shit in moments of crazy is all I'm saying. It's not hard.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:14

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:As soon as you say "sources please" while not offering any sources you start to come off like a total twat bag. We're having a conversation X. You can either participate or continue to think you are smarter than you are by yourself.

So I assume you wouldn't go toe to toe with sources regarding organizations that are calling for the murder of blacks and those that are calling for the murder of Americans?

We are having a conversation. But if you were trying to prove a point you would be losing by trying to make wild stretches to avoid the fact this guy was driven by religion to kill people. Which, by definition, makes him a religious terrorist. His religion was Islam. Which makes him an Islamic terrorist. Islamic terrorist groups are responsible for the bulk of terrorist attacks around the world and have all declared war on America if not all of the west.

I'm making it obvious for you. But so far you don't have anything to prove any of that wrong and just want me to trust your feelings that "he was just crazy, duh!"

Go hide in your bunker X. Done with you. I get that you just like to argue, but you take up indefensible positions time and time and time again. It's cute for awhile but at a certain point you're just making an idiot of yourself.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Dude.

He was about to kill 50 people.

Do you reaaaaaaaly think he was lucid at that point? If you do then fine. We really don't have all that much more to talk about. Crazy fucks say crazy shit in moments of crazy is all I'm saying. It's not hard.

Based on his past behavior and the household he was raised in, I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

If you don't think his religious views had much to do with his wanting to kill homosexuals... then maybe we don't have much more to talk about. But I'm still going to do it anyways.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Go hide in your bunker X. Done with you. I get that you just like to argue, but you take up indefensible positions time and time and time again. It's cute for awhile but at a certain point you're just making an idiot of yourself.

You know what's cute, Travis? Logical fallacies are all you have left to cling on to...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:17

Honestly, I've gotten to a point with you where I don't think you actually know what any of those words mean. You're a classic case of "I think I'm super smart but really I'm sort of dumb but I'm going to act super smart all the time and try to hide the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 3:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Honestly, I've gotten to a point with you where I don't think you actually know what any of those words mean. You're a classic case of "I think I'm super smart but really I'm sort of dumb but I'm going to act super smart all the time and try to hide the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about."

You don't think I actually know what any of those words mean?

How am I suppose to even begin to quantify that statement? Are you actually committing to that statement or are you just thinking out loud or what?

I've never claimed to be smart, let alone super smart. But I am getting this elitist impression from you right now. I think Turtleneck is rubbing off on you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:05

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Honestly, I've gotten to a point with you where I don't think you actually know what any of those words mean. You're a classic case of "I think I'm super smart but really I'm sort of dumb but I'm going to act super smart all the time and try to hide the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about."

You don't think I actually know what any of those words mean?

How am I suppose to even begin to quantify that statement? Are you actually committing to that statement or are you just thinking out loud or what?

I've never claimed to be smart, let alone super smart. But I am getting this elitist impression from you right now. I think Turtleneck is rubbing off on you.

Settle down dude. You've been going full bore gun nut for almost a week straight. Go have a Coke and a smile.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:13

LooseGoose wrote:

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Cdn-media.nationaljournal.com_

that's a lot of rednecks.. you'd think they wouldn't be so scared of brown people..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:40

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Really the question on that is, "if Isis didn't exist then would the crazy psycho have shot a lot of people in a gay nightclub anyway?" I'm thinking, yeah, he probably would have.

Why? What is your evidence for this?

You have a guy who has practically every single box checked in the "Islamic jihadist" department yet you don't believe it had anything to do with it.... Why?

But if he had a 3rd cousin that went to church Sunday and voted Republican then it would be obvious to all that he was a crazed right wing christian.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I've learned plenty pantry. How to downplay gun violence, suppress other's civil rights, follow cults blindly, etc etc. Thanks for everything!

This is rich - "suppress other's civil rights" from the man that wants to gut the Bill of Rights.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
that's a lot of rednecks.. you'd think they wouldn't be so scared of brown people..

That's just it Bob, the only person here fixated on color, race and religion is you. Stop projecting your prejudices on others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:43

Bunch of damned pussies....all talk as usual.

Why Democrats aren't pushing an assault weapons ban

Just playing all of you that support them for fools.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 8:56

Here's a little critical thinking exercise
Looking at the charts, we see the weapons used in homicides, wow, almost half are caused by guns, big problem, eh?
Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Homicide_weapons
Then look at the type of gun used in these homicides
Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 130129095523-c1-gun-homicides-chart-c1-main
Now tell me what would be the best weapon to put your effort into limiting, the one that causes 3/4 of gun deaths, or the one that causes 4%, or about 1% of all homicides vs nearly a third?
Then take it a step further, knives are used almost as often as hand guns, do we need to restrict knives? that would be silly, well, maybe we should start considering the person holding the weapon and consider what these people have in common and if there's anything to be done before they start thinking what kind of weapon they want to use?
That's hard,though, so let's just yell about scary guns.

To say rifles are the biggest problem in the current scenario is about as silly as looking at the chart below after an airliner crashed and saying we need to outlaw airlines.
Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Piechart_2013
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 11:02

I.B. Fine wrote:Here's a little critical thinking exercise
Looking at the charts, we see the weapons used in homicides, wow, almost half are caused by guns, big problem, eh?
Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Homicide_weapons
Then look at the type of gun used in these homicides
Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 130129095523-c1-gun-homicides-chart-c1-main
Now tell me what would be the best weapon to put your effort into limiting, the one that causes 3/4 of gun deaths, or the one that causes 4%, or about 1% of all homicides vs nearly a third?
Then take it a step further, knives are used almost as often as hand guns, do we need to restrict knives? that would be silly, well, maybe we should start considering the person holding the weapon and consider what these people have in common and if there's anything to be done before they start thinking what kind of weapon they want to use?
That's hard,though, so let's just yell about scary guns.

To say rifles are the biggest problem in the current scenario is about as silly as looking at the chart below after an airliner crashed and saying we need to outlaw airlines.
Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Piechart_2013
thanks for proving the point.

I don't know of a soul that wants to outlaw guns and the people who have a sexual fetish with them.. however, we do prevent certain people from getting on airplanes.. and we should do the same for guns.

Thanks for these charts and frightened, paranoid and easily-manipulated knuckle-draggin' gun nuts can now resume having an intimate relationship with their firearms.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 12:56

Lefty-types: THANKS NRA GUN NUTS WITH SMALL DICKS FOR RESTRAINING THE GOVERNMENT FROM DOING IT'S JOB!!! BACKGROUND CHECKS AND GUN BANS NOW!

Yeah that's exactly what "lefty types" are saying. You're not misrepresenting the argument at all.

The same tired bullshit. And people wonder why a guy gets in power with a congress to match and he pushes through a bunch of laws unilaterally.

Fucking people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 13:08

Rocinante wrote:And people wonder why a guy gets in power with a congress to match and he pushes through a bunch of laws unilaterally.

I love when supposed freedom loving people support rule by emperor. I imagine they'll feel the same way when someone they disagree with is elected.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 13:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:And people wonder why a guy gets in power with a congress to match and he pushes through a bunch of laws unilaterally.

I love when supposed freedom loving people support rule by emperor.
they're flocking to vote for a knuckle-draggin', racist misogynistic bigot.. it'll be fun to watch them when a {gasp} lowly female who is a true supporter of freedom is elected.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 14:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
they're flocking to vote for a knuckle-draggin', racist misogynistic bigot.. it'll be fun to watch them when a {gasp} lowly female who is a true supporter of freedom is elected.

Yeah that Bob he doesn't root for any party or politician. signed - the Acolytes.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 14:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:they're flocking to vote for a knuckle-draggin', racist misogynistic bigot.. it'll be fun to watch them when a {gasp} lowly female who is a true supporter of freedom is elected.

Yeah that Bob he doesn't root for any party or politician. signed - the Acolytes.

serious question, dude:

I get the feeling you aren't a big fan of Trump. Are you one of the types who isn't a big fan and won't vote for him or one that isn't a big fan but still will vote for him?

Just curious.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 14:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bob, when you post that picture of whatever it is, when somebody brings up Suzy Merchant, you don't consider that mysoginistic, correct?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 14:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
serious question, dude:
I get the feeling you aren't a big fan of Trump. Are you one of the types who isn't a big fan and won't vote for him or one that isn't a big fan but still will vote for him?
Just curious.
As I've said here many times I'm a conservative not a republican. Trump isn't even close to conservative. Add that to all the personal faults and I want nothing to do with him. I'll vote small party if he's on the ballot, I'm not convinced he will be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 14:47

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob, when you post that picture of whatever it is, when somebody brings up Suzy Merchant, you don't consider that mysoginistic, correct?
hell no.. I love Iron Maiden. Probably my third favorite metal band.. Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 14:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:serious question, dude:
Just curious.
As I've said here many times I'm a conservative not a republican. Trump isn't even close to conservative. Add that to all the personal faults and I want nothing to do with him. I'll vote small party if he's on the ballot, I'm not convinced he will be.
I don't know how legitimate it is, but there seems to be a lot of folks suggesting that there a groundswell of support to upend Trump at the convention - that he won't even ultimately be the nominee.

Now, I don't see how they can do that and I'm about 99.9% sure it won't happen. But I don't even think Trump wants to be president - I think it started out for him as a semi-joke and a self-promotion tour. Soon enough, a few folks who aspire to a 3rd grade education thought he was the answer because he appealed to their fears and paranoia and BAM - he's the nominee.

I figure he leaves every campaign rally and laughs at his supporters behind the scenes.

anyway - it's a weird time, for sure.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 14:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

hell no.. I love Iron Maiden. Probably my third favorite metal band.. Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 3493939353

Yeah, that's what I thought.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:03

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:hell no.. I love Iron Maiden. Probably my third favorite metal band.. Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 3493939353

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:04

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 Tumblr_nlzr9kDbEJ1topfnno1_500
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
As I've said here many times I'm a conservative not a republican.   Trump isn't even close to conservative.  Add that to all the personal faults and I want nothing to do with him.   I'll vote small party if he's on the ballot, I'm not convinced he will be.
I don't know how legitimate it is, but there seems to be a lot of folks suggesting that there a groundswell of support to upend Trump at the convention - that he won't even ultimately be the nominee.

Now, I don't see how they can do that and I'm about 99.9% sure it won't happen. But I don't even think Trump wants to be president - I think it started out for him as a semi-joke and a self-promotion tour. Soon enough, a few folks who aspire to a 3rd grade education thought he was the answer because he appealed to their fears and paranoia and BAM - he's the nominee.

I figure he leaves every campaign rally and laughs at his supporters behind the scenes.

The GOP needs to tread lightly here. Trump is a giant fucking moron, that is a given, but he did garner the most votes during the primaries and won the nomination fair and square.

Going against the will of the people is dangerous, especially when those people are gullible enough to support Trump.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

When mysoginistic people do it, it's funny. When republicans do it, it's mysoginistic.

Mind blown.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The GOP needs to tread lightly here. Trump is a giant fucking moron, that is a given, but he did garner the most votes during the primaries and won the nomination fair and square.

Going against the will of the people is dangerous, especially when those people are gullible enough to support Trump.

He's got lots of time to convince more of his supporters they were fools.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:29

LooseGoose wrote:

I love when supposed freedom loving people support rule by emperor. I imagine they'll feel the same way when someone they disagree with is elected.

Been there, done that, bro. He got us into a never ending war in a country that had nothing to do with us.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:34

DWags wrote:

When mysoginistic people do it, it's funny. When republicans do it, it's mysoginistic.  

Mind blown.

Just got the OK from the wife to buy an AR-15 - Page 5 148824bfa594fd9217e43412ef48b469
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:14

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Been there, done that, bro. He got us into a never ending war in a country that had nothing to do with us.

I don't disagree it was a bad decision but revisionist history sucks too.

Unilaterally? Hmmmm. I seem to recall Congressional votes on the matter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 17:05

As Christopher Caldwell memorably put it that same year: “At some point, Democrats became the party of small-town people who think they’re too big for their small towns…For these people, liberalism is not a belief at all. No, it’s something more important: a badge of certain social aspirations. That is why the laments of the small-town leftists get voiced with such intemperance and desperation. As if those who voice them are fighting off the nagging thought: If the Republicans aren’t particularly evil, then maybe I’m not particularly special.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 17:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I don't disagree it was a bad decision but revisionist history sucks too.

Unilaterally? Hmmmm. I seem to recall Congressional votes on the matter.

Yeah... me too. Do you remember the yellow cake? Anyway, I was against it from the beginning. So that's not really revisionist history. and P.S. I'm not a Democrat, even though I more often vote for them in national elections. Locally I vote republican a lot. I live in wyoming, there's not a lot of choice on the matter, so I look for moderates, who don't blather on with the party talking points.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 17:20

LooseGoose wrote:As Christopher Caldwell memorably put it that same year: “At some point, Democrats became the party of small-town people who think they’re too big for their small towns…For these people, liberalism is not a belief at all. No, it’s something more important: a badge of certain social aspirations. That is why the laments of the small-town leftists get voiced with such intemperance and desperation. As if those who voice them are fighting off the nagging thought: If the Republicans aren’t particularly evil, then maybe I’m not particularly special.”

And I don't even understand what this means. Can you explain it to me in simpler terms?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 17:24

LooseGoose wrote:As Christopher Caldwell memorably put it that same year:  “At some point, Democrats became the party of small-town people who think they’re too big for their small towns…For these people, liberalism is not a belief at all. No, it’s something more important: a badge of certain social aspirations. That is why the laments of the small-town leftists get voiced with such intemperance and desperation. As if those who voice them are fighting off the nagging thought: If the Republicans aren’t particularly evil, then maybe I’m not particularly special.”

Wat?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next