Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers

+20
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
The Pantry
tGreenWay
DWags
steveschneider
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
CORNER BLITZ
TheReal_LWS
tanfan!
Gomer
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
xsanguine
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
24 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Raw milk - Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 2 Empty Re: Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 22:01

I am not a murderer, Loose. Leave Bugs alone. I'll be happy to eat the vegetables.

I lived around some Amish in another part of Michigan for awhile. Nice furniture.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Raw milk - Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 2 Empty Re: Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers

Post by The Pantry Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 22:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:No shit contaminated milk is dangerous. I am talking about the fear peddlers that shove fake science at you, with blanket statements, that all raw milk is dangerous.

Good to see you come around, perhaps someday we can forage in Amish country.  Get us some freshly dressed rabbits and pulled straight from the horse shit vegetables to make a healthy stew.
Highly doubt the goofball has come around.  Next thing he'll be claiming is Trump for President.

He needs to provide a chain of evidence for what suddenly changed his mind.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:40

Turtleneck wrote:I am not a murderer, Loose. Leave Bugs alone. I'll be happy to eat the vegetables.

I lived around some Amish in another part of Michigan for awhile. Nice furniture.

Do the Amish make any more newer looking furniture (not like contemporary art shit)... just not beyond that 1850's look I think of when I think of Amish furniture.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:42

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Blanch?

Stay out of this, old man.

Shouldn't you be in bed? You've got to be up at 4:30 am.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:43

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Stay out of this, old man.

Not anymore... I almost broke my ankle. I'm out of commission for the week.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:45

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Good to see you come around, perhaps someday we can forage in Amish country.  Get us some freshly dressed rabbits and pulled straight from the horse shit vegetables to make a healthy stew.
Highly doubt the goofball has come around.  Next thing he'll be claiming is Trump for President.

I don't need to provide anything. Everybody knows raw milk is deadly. It's common sense, dumbass.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:47

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You almost broke your ankle means you didn't break your ankle. Stop being a pussy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:49

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You almost broke your ankle means you didn't break your ankle. Stop being a pussy.

That's what I told them. But when I couldn't fit a boot over the swelling and the color gave me an argument to qualify for previously unavailable racial grants... they let working this week slide.

The doctor said it was a miracle I didn't break something landing from a 30 ft fall.

I did stand for 4 hours at a concert last night by myself. That wasn't bright.

Last edited by xsanguine on Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:51; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:50

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

America has gone soft. We don't even drink death milk anymore.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:51

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's what I told them. But when I couldn't fit a boot over the swelling and the color gave me an argument to qualify for previously unavailable racial grants... they let working this week slide.

You sound like a Millenial.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 23:52

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You sound like a Millenial.

I even visited the fire department to make sure I installed the car seat properly (it was, thank you for your concern).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 0:02

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The doctor said it was a miracle I didn't break something landing from a 30 ft fall.

Spit on it and rub it in the dirt. As for Natalie Merchant, time has not been her friend, but I still want to be her biggest sexual disappointment.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 0:05

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Spit on it and rub it in the dirt. As for Natalie Merchant, time has not been her friend, but I still want to be her biggest sexual disappointment.  

I saw her do a small club a few years ago and yes... her looks haven't held up over the years... but her talent certainly has. She told us she had strep throat and she sounded like an angel.

Still my favorite song of hers...

The way her voice cracks during the bridge hits me in the feels... she probably wasn't proud of it, but it worked (Adele does it a lot, too).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 10:44

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

I don't need to provide anything. Everybody knows raw milk is deadly. It's common sense, dumbass.
You're a fucking idiot
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 10:56

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're a fucking idiot

You sound mad. Is your stomach ache making you angry?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 13:14

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I saw her do a small club a few years ago and yes... her looks haven't held up over the years... but her talent certainly has. She told us she had strep throat and she sounded like an angel.

The way her voice cracks during the bridge hits me in the feels... she probably wasn't proud of it, but it worked (Adele does it a lot, too).

I'd love to see her in a small venue. She's perfect for club work. I saw her when the Maniacs opened for Elvis Costello at the MSU Aud in either '87 or '88. And I get the same tingles from her, even now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 14 Jul 2016 - 13:50

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'd love to see her in a small venue. She's perfect for club work. I saw her when the Maniacs opened for Elvis Costello at the MSU Aud in either '87 or '88. And I get the same tingles from her, even now.

I would have been 4 or 5.... but I would have loved to be at that show.

A more upbeat (album version) of my favorite song.

I dunno what it is about the song, but I love it. And I don't listen to lyrics, I just hear syllables like any other instruments tones.... she could be talking about the difference between wheat and grain and if the melody is where it's at I'd think it's the most profound thing ever...

I dig that U2 use of delay in the 3rd/4th choruses. It's very effective. Songs moves slow... takes forever to just get to it.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:00

And the science shows.....barn germs are good for your kids.

Why the Amish could hold the key to curing asthma and allergies

For more than a decade, researchers have known that growing up on a farm somehow protects people from developing asthma and allergies. But they did not fully understand what it was about farm life that conferred this protection.

Whereas both live in agricultural communities, where dairy farming offers the main livelihood, the Hutterites live a little distance from their barns. While the men work there, the women and children rarely visit. Amish children and women, however, live close to the barns and frequently go in between house and barn, inadvertently tracking in dust rich in barn microbes.

“The conclusion was when you have these microbial exposures early in life, your innate system signals your adaptive system not to have asthma, not to have allergies,” Holbreich said. “We have an insight into how this whole process of developing allergies is happening."

Future studies will explore exactly what critical substance that Amish dust contains, with an eye to finding ways to prevent the development of allergies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:25

Hey FYI for you weirdos who are into this shit (Note - I'm neutral, I don't drink milk raw or otherwise. I just think you're all fucking weird for being so passionate about milk). My ultra conspiratorial buddy is into the raw milk thing and he said he owns a cow at some farm, and thus is able to get his shit milk from his cow legally. May want to look into it if you're that passionate about, you know, milk and stuff.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hey FYI for you weirdos who are into this shit (Note - I'm neutral, I don't drink milk raw or otherwise. I just think you're all fucking weird for being so passionate about milk). My ultra conspiratorial buddy is into the raw milk thing and he said he owns a cow at some farm, and thus is able to get his shit milk from his cow legally. May want to look into it if you're that passionate about, you know, milk and stuff.

Having the freedom to choose what to put into your body is certainly weird. But that is good to know. Did he go into the cow with someone else? Or is it like....."his" cow?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:34

xsanguine wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hey FYI for you weirdos who are into this shit (Note - I'm neutral, I don't drink milk raw or otherwise. I just think you're all fucking weird for being so passionate about milk). My ultra conspiratorial buddy is into the raw milk thing and he said he owns a cow at some farm, and thus is able to get his shit milk from his cow legally. May want to look into it if you're that passionate about, you know, milk and stuff.

Having the freedom to choose what to put into your body is certainly weird. But that is good to know. Did he go into the cow with someone else? Or is it like....."his" cow?

I think it's his. I can find out more info if you're interested.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:36

Don't go out of your way. I am casually interested, though. I dig the "back to the farm" type of movement.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:48

xsanguine wrote:

It's heartening to know you've switched positions and now support a woman's right to choose what goes in and comes out of her body.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:52

LooseGoose wrote:And the science shows.....barn germs are good for your kids.

Why the Amish could hold the key to curing asthma and allergies

For more than a decade, researchers have known that growing up on a farm somehow protects people from developing asthma and allergies. But they did not fully understand what it was about farm life that conferred this protection.

Whereas both live in agricultural communities, where dairy farming offers the main livelihood, the Hutterites live a little distance from their barns. While the men work there, the women and children rarely visit. Amish children and women, however, live close to the barns and frequently go in between house and barn, inadvertently tracking in dust rich in barn microbes.

“The conclusion was when you have these microbial exposures early in life, your innate system signals your adaptive system not to have asthma, not to have allergies,” Holbreich said. “We have an insight into how this whole process of developing allergies is happening."

Future studies will explore exactly what critical substance that Amish dust contains, with an eye to finding ways to prevent the development of allergies.
Poor functionally illiterate Goose, always fucks things up in the translation.

I don't recall seeing anything in that article about "bad germs". They must have edited out the part about salmonella, listeria, and e. coli being good for you before I read it.

For anyone else who is playing along at home, a healthy microbiome, enriched by the exposure to microbe rich dust (none of which is known to harbor deadly pathogens transmitted by inhalation) is good for you.

Tongue punching a cow's asshole (AKA raw milk) a consuming lethal pathogens can be, well, lethal.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:53

xsanguine wrote:Don't go out of your way. I am casually interested, though. I dig the "back to the farm" type of movement.
xsanguine wrote:Don't go out of your way. I am casually interested, though. I dig the "back to the farm" type of movement.
The good news for you, is that you can still go "back to the farm" and get safe milk that has been treated by a low-tech process developed and put into widespread use over a 100 years ago. Win win!
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:54

I always thought milk came from the teets, though, Gomer?

Learn something new every day.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:57

Gomer wrote:
The good news for you, is that you can still go "back to the farm" and get safe milk that has been treated by a low-tech process developed and put into widespread use over a 100 years ago. Win win!

I can't disagree with that.

I don't have a dog in the fight other than having the freedom to make that choice rather than the choice being forced on you... but in many ways I find eating foods that are less processed to be healthier. That's just my personal experience, of course. So, like I said, I don't really have a position like the "pro" guys do... but at least let me do my research and make that decision for myself. That's all I ask.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:58

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

It's heartening to know you've switched positions and now support a woman's right to choose what goes in and comes out of her body.

Wait, wha?

I've never forced my penis into anyone's body, female or otherwise, and am pro-choice. What position of mine are you referring to?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:59

Most likely a cow share - those have been around Michigan for 20+ years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:00

And this is what I mean. As much as some of you freaks love raw milk, Gomer hates it even more and is prepared to defend his position.

Y'all have fun.

Raw milk - Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 2 Washington-state-fan-popcorn
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:00

Gomer wrote:Poor functionally illiterate Goose, always fucks things up in the translation.

Tongue punching a cow's asshole (AKA raw milk) a consuming lethal pathogens can be, well, lethal.

The 1st sentence is rich in light of the last sentence. Stupid fucking Gomer thinks you get milk by licking a cow's ass.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:00

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Wait, wha?

I've never forced my penis into anyone's body, female or otherwise, and am pro-choice. What position of mine are you referring to?

My fault. Many apologies. I thought you'd argued against abortion rights. Any chance you did it when trolling?  Regardless--sorry, X.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:01

xsanguine wrote:I always thought milk came from the teets, though, Gomer?

The teats are downstream of the asshole. Gravity being what gravity is, shit flows downhill.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:01

You know, I created that thread about tongue punching asses in the uncensored Bin for a reason. We don't have pucker around here for that.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:02

Gomer wrote:

The teats are downstream of the asshole. Gravity being what gravity is, shit flows downhill.

Have you ever seen a cow poop?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:And this is what I mean. As much as some of you freaks love raw milk, Gomer hates it even more and is prepared to defend his position.

Y'all have fun.

Raw milk - Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 2 Washington-state-fan-popcorn

Raw milk - Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:05

Gomer wrote:

Ever seen a cow shit Gomer? They don't shit in a V pattern.

Raw milk - Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 2 27796-1259701330065

Note that under Gomer's "gravity theory" the shit would need to fly straight back out of the cow's ass fall 3-4 feet then curve forward and up to hit a teat. Tell us some more about how that works with gravity genius.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:06

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Wait, wha?

My fault. Many apologies. I thought you'd argued against abortion rights. Any chance you did it when trolling?  Regardless--sorry, X.

No worries. I do troll against my positions sometimes, so I may have.

I personally am against it... but that's just me. If a woman conceives and for whatever reason does not want to go through with it I think she should have every legal right, up to some point that I wouldn't be able to determine, to do as she chooses. So I could have made a confusing case at the time (wouldn't be the first, second, third, or fourth time) and that may have even been the bulk of my explanation, which would further confuse the issue.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:07

The other thing Goose won't tell you, because he's amongst the stupidest of fucks, is the very article he just shared contradicts all of the magical powers his ilk have imbued upon cowshit milk.

The idea about raw milk was always "Look at the amish, they drink raw milk and don't have allergies. Raw milk is AWESOME WOW JEES YUM COW SHIT MILK!"

But correlation is not causation and this article drives that home!

Many patients came to him, complaining of allergies, but when he tested them, he learned few actually had allergies. In 2012, he published a study showing that a mere 7 percent of Amish children had been sensitized to common allergens, such as cats, dogs or mold. In the general population, about 45 percent of people tend to show such sensitivities.

Suggesting that genetics alone could not explain this difference, Hutterite children -- who shared a similar diet, lifestyle (no pets, no television), and genetics -- had a sensitivity prevalence closer to that of the general participation. One of the few factors that distinguish Hutterites from Amish, however, is their farming style.

Two similar populations with the same lifestyles both drinking cowshit milk. But only one of them doesn't have allergies. Turns out it might be the dust. Harmless dust!!! Whodathunkdit! You don't need drink cowshit milk after all! Just go to the petting zoo every once in a while Raw milk - Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 2 502811600
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 23:09

Gomer wrote:

But are they typically always leaking onto their teets? I figured milking a cow wouldn't be that gross... but I've never even been that up close to a cow so I get all my cow milking techniques from television and the internet. Passing by in a car is as close as I've gotten.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next