Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers

+20
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
The Pantry
tGreenWay
DWags
steveschneider
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
CORNER BLITZ
TheReal_LWS
tanfan!
Gomer
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
xsanguine
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
24 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 Empty Re: Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-02, 11:43

Turtleneck wrote:Some of you might want to take a deep breath and try to remain calm.

Meet the startup that makes milk—without cows

Humanity’s procurement of animal-based foods has remained stagnant for a long time. In the case of milk, we grow massive amount of crops using large swaths of land and other resources. We then raise cows, feed them those crops, medicate them, impregnate them, milk them, and eventually slaughter them. It’s intensive, requiring huge quantities of land, water, fossil fuels, and other resources.

Perfect Day’s plan was to make milk using the exact dairy proteins cows create, but with designer yeast instead of cows—and in a matter of mere days.

In other words, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

https://qz.com/1220264/perfect-day-meet-the-startup-that-makes-milk-without-cows/

Milk harvested from a place that isn't downstream from a poop chute? That's a win/win for humanity.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 Empty Re: Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-02, 11:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Some of you might want to take a deep breath and try to remain calm.

Meet the startup that makes milk—without cows

https://qz.com/1220264/perfect-day-meet-the-startup-that-makes-milk-without-cows/

Milk harvested from a place that isn't downstream from a poop chute? That's a win/win for humanity.

Was Gomer your schtick account?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-02, 11:47

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Was Gomer your schtick account?

Schticks are for kids.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-02, 23:27

Pantry?? Big news today. I found out a farm i love is coming for sale, so I called the people to see what they were thinking about asking. Anyway in the course of the conversation I found out they have 5 goats in milk So now it seems I have a source for raw goat milk too. Been a few years so I'm pretty happy about this development
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-03-02, 23:49

LooseGoose wrote:Pantry?? Big news today. I found out a farm i love is coming for sale, so I called the people to see what they were thinking about asking. Anyway in the course of the conversation I found out they have 5 goats in milk So now it seems I have a source for raw goat milk too. Been a few years so I'm pretty happy about this development
Goats are cool. Not a huge fan of the milk but great cheese.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-03-02, 23:58

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Pantry?? Big news today. I found out a farm i love is coming for sale, so I called the people to see what they were thinking about asking. Anyway in the course of the conversation I found out they have 5 goats in milk So now it seems I have a source for raw goat milk too. Been a few years so I'm pretty happy about this development
Goats are cool. Not a huge fan of the milk but great cheese.

Seconded
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-03, 00:54

But you only get it for as long as they don’t sell their farm, right? Next time you’re there, you can take photos and then show us some pics of your kids.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-03, 09:56

tGreenWay wrote:

But you only get it for as long as they don’t sell their farm, right? Next time you’re there, you can take photos and then show us some pics of your kids.

Or I can get a couple goats in the deal. I used to make a killer goat cheddar and a very respectable raclette.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-09, 14:35

In this week's auction - Mike Henneman - forgotten hero of milk.
============
Detroit Tigers Mike Henneman Autographed Life Size Stand Up, Very Rare Milk Stand Up Measures Approx. 65"H x 24"W, Very Good Condition

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 9602t
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-09, 14:37

LooseGoose wrote:In this week's auction - Mike Henneman - forgotten hero of milk.
============
Detroit Tigers Mike Henneman Autographed Life Size Stand Up, Very Rare Milk Stand Up Measures Approx. 65"H x 24"W, Very Good Condition

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 9602t

Henneman drank some raw milk and then formed a butt-chin. Fact.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-12, 10:06

Children who drink full-fat milk end up slimmer than those on skimmed

Children should drink full-fat milk until the age of at least six, research suggests – as they are likely to grow up slimmer.

In recent years, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has recommended that toddlers switch to semi-skimmed milk from the age of two, as part of efforts to prevent obesity.

But research on more than 2,700 children found those given full-fat versions ended up with a significantly lower body mass index than those given semi-skimmed varieties.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-12, 10:18

LooseGoose wrote:Children who drink full-fat milk end up slimmer than those on skimmed

Children should drink full-fat milk until the age of at least six, research suggests – as they are likely to grow up slimmer.

In recent years, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has recommended that toddlers switch to semi-skimmed milk from the age of two, as part of efforts to prevent obesity.

But research on more than 2,700 children found those given full-fat versions ended up with a significantly lower body mass index than those given semi-skimmed varieties.

Just not poopy milk.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-12, 10:20

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Children who drink full-fat milk end up slimmer than those on skimmed

Just not poopy milk.

One thing we can all agree on. There was a reason god designed cows with the poop chute well astern of the milk faucets.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-12, 16:55

What’s it say about PBBs?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-12, 17:05

tGreenWay wrote:

I doubt that a 1974 tragedy in Michigan affected cows in England.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-12, 17:38

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We’re all connected, Goose. You’ve been making that case all day.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-12, 17:42

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol, true enough.  I'm just not sure we're including English and Michigan cows.

I'm touchy on this one as I had some friends and family suffer greatly in it and live near one of the pits.

Sorry I was pissy. hug?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-12, 17:59

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

lol, true enough.  I'm just not sure we're including English and Michigan cows.

I'm touchy on this one as I had some friends and family suffer greatly in it and live near one of the pits.

Sorry I was pissy. hug?

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 685334576
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-12, 19:14

Tennessee officials drop plans that would have paved the way to mass illness and death.

Meanwhile, the good people of Pennsylvania remain under attack.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-12, 19:48

Turtleneck wrote:Tennessee officials drop plans that would have paved the way to mass illness and death.

Meanwhile, the good people of Pennsylvania remain under attack.

I'm sorry milk scares you so. Perhaps someday you'll have a strong enough immune system to drink the good stuff. Until then a Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 685334576 Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 685334576 will have to do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-03-12, 20:01

Turtleneck wrote:Tennessee officials drop plans that would have paved the way to mass illness and death.
wow.  People trust this dude to tell the truth?  

Jim Mulhern, President and CEO of National Milk Producers Foundation (NMPF)
Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 3qtyxu10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-31, 16:23

Tragedy. Damned Roundabouts.

Truck spills 6,100 gallons of milk onto Michigan road
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-31, 16:52

LooseGoose wrote:Tragedy. Damned Roundabouts.

Look, I’m not gonna cry over this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-31, 17:06

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 2275418548
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-31, 18:22

Good thing it wasn’t raw milk or hazmat crews would’ve been called in.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-31, 18:36

tGreenWay wrote:

In a tanker like that it would have been raw.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-31, 19:46

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Oh my, that’s got environmental disaster written all over it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-31, 19:50

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Oh my, that’s got environmental disaster written all over it.

Unfortunately the State makes you treat it as one once the milk leaves the farm.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-04-01, 08:16

LooseGoose wrote:Tragedy.  Damned Roundabouts.

Looters!

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 J64yg-10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-01, 12:19

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Tragedy.  Damned Roundabouts.

Looters!

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 J64yg-10

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-07, 10:48

Government lies to us about Milk
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-07, 10:53

DWags wrote:Government lies to us about Milk

Thanks Wags!!! I knew you would come around sometime.

Got Milk? We sure hope not. Despite being a somewhat tasty addition to coffee, tea, and delectable treats, the ingredient – when pasteurized – is highly toxic to the human body.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-07, 11:56

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Government lies to us about Milk

Thanks Wags!!! I knew you would come around sometime.

Got Milk? We sure hope not. Despite being a somewhat tasty addition to coffee, tea, and delectable treats, the ingredient – when pasteurized – is highly toxic to the human body.

I’m all about facts. No matter where they lead
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-07, 16:48

Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 Copy-saanengoats
Good news: Path to legalization for raw milk sellers - Page 17 Utah-SB108-2018-IMG_5654-600x450

UTAH RAW MILK AND HOMEMADE FOOD BILLS NOW LAW

On March 21 Governor Gary Herbert signed the Home Consumption and Homemade Food Act (House Bill 181 – HB 181) into law, making Utah the fourth state after Wyoming, North Dakota and Maine to adopt food freedom legislation. Utah, with a population over 3 million, is the most populous state to pass a food freedom bill so far. The population of the capital, Salt Lake City, is a little under 200,000; the Salt Lake metro area population is over one million.

Two days prior, on March 19, Herbert signed Senate Bill 108 (SB 108), legislation increasing opportunities for the permitted sales of raw milk as well as expanding consumer access to the product. It’s been some week for supporters of local food in the state. The mother-daughter team of farmers Symbria and Sara Patterson were the driving force behind both bills. Both pieces of legislation go into effect immediately.

HB 181 allows the unregulated sale of all foods within Utah except raw dairy and meat products direct from the producer to an “informed final consumer.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-25, 17:52

It’s not bug juice, it’s entomilk, aka, cockroach milk, and it’s gaining in popularity. It’s also way better for you than anything produced by a cow or nut.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/25/insect-milk-dairy-superfood/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-27, 14:14

tGreenWay wrote:It’s not bug juice, it’s entomilk, aka, cockroach milk, and it’s gaining in popularity. It’s also way better for you than anything produced by a cow or nut.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/25/insect-milk-dairy-superfood/

Another group of charlatans trying to capitalize on Milk's good name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-23, 22:41

The Vindication of Cheese, Butter, and Full-Fat Milk

A new study exonerates dairy fats as a cause of early death, even as low-fat products continue to be misperceived as healthier.

Indeed, the already booming nut-milk industry is projected to grow another 50 percent by 2020. Much of this is driven by beliefs about health, with ads claiming “dairy free” as a virtue that resonates for nebulous reasons—many stemming from an earlier scare over saturated fat—among consumers lactose intolerant and tolerant alike. The dairy industry is now scrambling to market milk to Millennial families, as the quintessential American-heartland beverage once thought of as necessary for all aspiring, straight-boned children has become widely seen as something to be avoided.

We may have an answer here to our Millennial questions.....
Difficult as it may be for Millennials to imagine, the average American in the 1970s drank about 30 gallons of milk a year. That’s now down to 18 gallons, according to the Department of Agriculture. And just as it appears that the long arc of American beverage consumption could bend fully away from the udder, new evidence is making it more apparent that the perceived health risks of dairy fats (which are mostly saturated) are less clear than many previously believed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-07-23, 22:51

“It all happened quickly. In the 1990s, during the original “Got Milk?” campaign, it was plausible to look at a magazine, see supermodels with dairy-milk mustaches, and think little of it. Now many people would cry foul. With nut milks dominating the luxury café-grocery scenes frequented by celebrities, an image like that would surely elicit cries of disingenuousness: There’s no way you actually drink cow’s milk! And if you do, it’s probably skim or 2-percent milk, which leave no such thick mustache!”

That sure does sound like the kind of ludicrous jump to conclusions that goose would love to make in any conversation but especially one about milk.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-07-23, 23:21

Goose is harbaugh??
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-07-30, 20:24

Hey, Goose. Picked up anther gallon today. Been getting a gallon every two weeks for months now.

Things are changing. Apparently they have moved the cows to a new farm in the last week or two. Not sure exactly where they were and where they are now but have noticed a remarkable improvement with the gallon I got today. Talked a little with J at the pickup. Said they have a new 600 gallon bulk tank with a mixer that runs every half hour as opposed to the 100 gallon they use to have. Visibly noticeable improvement in the delivered milk. Taste too. Should last longer than stuff they produced before.

Have been keeping the stuff in the fridge at work on weekdays. Have not found out who did it yet but someone dumped out what was left in a gallon jug last Tuesday and threw it in the trash. Plenty of stuff in that fridge that should have been pitched weeks ago but that jug was the only thing they picked out.

Not even pissed about it. Actually find it kind of humorous. The way TS was handling the milk before, the cream would settle easily and stick inside the jugs, even after a good shake. It sometimes poured out with cream clumps. Had placed numerous jugs in the same spot in the fridge over months. They are unmarked...no label or date. Someone had probably noticed a gallon of milk that looked bad and decided it was overdue.

Put my initials on the new jug in the fridge today. Still want to meet the co-worker that poured about $7 of milk down the drain, just to fuck with them.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next