Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dismondale explodes for Trump

+7
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
DWags
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dismondale explodes for Trump Empty Dismondale explodes for Trump

Post by DWags 2016-08-19, 17:54

That highly diverse community of 93% Caucasian Americans are on board for his inclusion plans. I'm not sure why he just didn't go into Lansing or east Lansing but Diamonde is on board.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dismondale explodes for Trump Empty Re: Dismondale explodes for Trump

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-19, 22:10

Every true believing Republican that have re-labeled themselves as "conservatives" from Allegan, Kent, Ottawa, Ionia, Ingham and Eaton counties were there cheering on The Great White Hope.  

The same folks who think Trump's idea of eliminating the estate tax is a great idea to help them not realizing that the tax doesn't kick in until your assets reach $5.4M.  That's less than 1% of the population.  Working stiffs don't have that worry and those that have more already hire accountants and wealth advisors to minimize assets to be taxed.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 10:05

Made a strong pitch to the black community in front of a white audience.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-20, 11:41

Turtleneck wrote:Made a strong pitch to the black community in front of a white audience.

Never heard of any other politician doing that. Great that you pointed it out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 11:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Made a strong pitch to the black community in front of a white audience.

Never heard of any other politician doing that.   Great that you pointed it out.

Why didn't he hold the rally in Lansing? This is not the first time he has made a pitch to the black community in an almost exclusively white community. Hard to sell the black community on how you are better, on how the Ds have been running a decades long con job on the black community, if you're not willing to actually talk to the black community.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-20, 15:37

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Never heard of any other politician doing that.   Great that you pointed it out.

Why didn't he hold the rally in Lansing? This is not the first time he has made a pitch to the black community in an almost exclusively white community. Hard to sell the black community on how you are better, on how the Ds have been running a decades long con job on the black community, if you're not willing to actually talk to the black community.

Is it possible that it could stem from previous attempts to speak in minority communities?

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 15:40

No.

Before any of that ever happened he declined an invite to speak at the NAACP annual meeting. Romney spoke at the meeting in 2012. McCain did so in 2008.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-20, 15:43

Turtleneck wrote:No.

Before any of that ever happened he declined an invite to speak at the NAACP annual meeting. Romney spoke at the meeting in 2012. McCain did so in 2008.

So it's not possible because he declined to speak at one meeting?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 15:50

You asked if it stemmed from his previous attempts to talk to minority communities.  I told you he previously avoided such opportunities. You asked a question and you got an answer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-20, 15:53

Turtleneck wrote:You asked if it stemmed from his previous attempts to talk to minority communities.  I told you he previously avoided such opportunities. You asked a question and you got an answer.

I asked if it was possible it could stem from those attempts. You definitely gave me one opportunity he declined, but then I see (and posted) other opportunities he accepted that ended in riots and wide spread assaults on his supporters.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-20, 19:11

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:No.

Compared to two YouTube videos...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-20, 20:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Compared to two YouTube videos...

Two examples at two specific events. Is it not possible that's why he's avoiding certain areas? It seems odd that at two events in two different parts of the country that his supporters get violently attacked by his detractors. I imagine if he continued holding events in the areas he's allegedly avoiding he'd be accused of deliberately holding events in these areas to provoke violent reactions (as was the case in the media when these events took place), no? The onus never seems to be put on the people who show up to an event they disagree with to commit violence against people they disagree with. That burden always seems to fall on the people who disagree with the media narrative as described in the media bias thread.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-20, 20:47

Had a couple of Republican friends at the rally, not together, but neither of whom will support Trump. Aside from the unbearable humidity, they said there was no way they had six-thousand people inside, despite what news coverage said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-20, 20:47

I also thought the crowd was pretty tame most of the time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-20, 20:54

tGreenWay wrote:I also thought the crowd was pretty tame most of the time.

Huh. That's weird.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-20, 20:58

I always get pulled into trying to find some balance between the plethora of anti-Trump threads vs. the few anti-Hillary threads. But I think it's clear...

We can Cenk Uygur this whole conversation up right now; Trump is a racist who hates black people and if you don't believe that Trump is a racist who hates black people, you are a racist who hates black people.

Look it up!
Dismondale explodes for Trump Capture1
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 07:45

I read that he told black people that they were uneducated, poor and that they don't have jobs.. Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600 Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600 Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-22, 09:14

Meanwhile, the dude running for the Dems took the weekend off to nap.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-22, 09:31

TheReal_LWS wrote:Meanwhile, the dude running for the Dems took the weekend off to nap.

I think it's health problems due to football concussions.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 12:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I read that he told black people that they were uneducated, poor and that they don't have jobs..   Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600  Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600  Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600

1. Nationwide, black students graduate high school at a rate of 69%, Hispanics graduate at 79% and whites at 86%

2. As of 2012, Asians have a median income of $68,636; Whites have a median income of $51,009, Hispanics have a median income of $39,005 and blacks have a median income of $33,321. The average median income for all races is $51,017.

3. As of July 2016, the unemployment rate for whites is 4.3%, Hispanics is 5.4%, Asians 4.1%, and blacks at 8.4%

Bobby Sak (hello again, btw), Are you doing the Stephen Colbert thing by for Democrats? I've also got plenty of more 'hate facts' on the subject if you want to play with the subject.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:01

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I read that he told black people that they were uneducated, poor and that they don't have jobs..   Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600  Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600  Dismondale explodes for Trump 502811600

1. Nationwide, black students graduate high school at a rate of 69%, Hispanics graduate at 79% and whites at 86%

2. As of 2012, Asians have a median income of $68,636; Whites have a median income of $51,009, Hispanics have a median income of $39,005 and blacks have a median income of $33,321. The average median income for all races is $51,017.

3. As of July 2016, the unemployment rate for whites is 4.3%, Hispanics is 5.4%, Asians 4.1%, and blacks at 8.4%

Bobby Sak (hello again, btw), Are you doing the Stephen Colbert thing by for Democrats? I've also got plenty of more 'hate facts' on the subject if you want to play with the subject.
'sup, G? No idea what you're referring to regarding Stephen Colbert.

I think it's funny when an outright racist like Trumps starts appealing for black votes.. as if they're stupid (which, I'm sure, he thinks they are) and believe that he cares about them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-22, 13:08

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Is it possible that it could stem from previous attempts to speak in minority communities?

Im shocked the liberal media doesnt report this, SHOCKED!

Tons of hate filled, angry minorities these days.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-22, 13:21

So put you down as another white guy who's never gotten a break.

YAFI
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:24

The_Dude wrote:

Im shocked the liberal media doesnt report this, SHOCKED!

Dismondale explodes for Trump 4113017228  - if you'll stop whining about the mainstream media long enough to notice that the video has the CNN logo on it.. that means the mainstream media reported about it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I think it's funny when an outright racist like Trumps starts appealing for black votes.. as if they're stupid (which, I'm sure, he thinks they are) and believe that he cares about them.

Stephen colber plays a cartoon version of right leaning people's, complete with every straw man argument he can knock down to look smart in front of a politically uneducated audience that's made up their minds 4 years ago; when they were 18.

Serious question, though, do you have any links to trump being an 'outright racist'?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-22, 13:27

GRR Spartan wrote:So put you down as another white guy who's never gotten a break.

YAFI

Do you loathe the fact you are white?

How bad is your white guilt on a scale of 1-10?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:28

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Stephen colber plays a cartoon version of right leaning people's, complete with every straw man argument he can knock down to look smart in front of a politically uneducated audience that's made up their minds 4 years ago; when they were 18.

Serious question, though, do you have any links to trump being an 'outright racist'?
I don't pay too much attention to pop culture stuff.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-22, 13:30

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

All it is is the Dem playbook. Every 4 years, call the R nominee a racist, etc. They cant run on policies which has led to complete and utter breakdowns of minority households and people being left behind economically. The only other alternative is to namecall and finger point.

Trump has been in the public eye for decades and has never ben hinted as being racist, except when he won the R nomination.

The true racists are the Dems that think so little of black people, that they arent capable of doing anything themselves or being held to same standards. Truly sad how little the libreals think of minorities.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:33

It's a shame Obama hasn't done much to change the drug war, as he promised. He did have enough time to force states to adopt Obamacare. Why couldn't he pass an executive order ending the drug war and withhold funds from the states that do not comply?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I don't pay too much attention to pop culture stuff.

I poked around but couldn't find anything suggesting trump believes black people are inferior due to their race and color of skin. I know you say you don't pay attention to pop culture but you did say trump is an outright racist. I'm just looking for a link that would indicate such. Where did you come to this conclusion?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:44

Maybe I should be looking for examples of nu-racism. Like, if you're working security at a hotel in Brooklyn and receive complaints from multiple rooms about a loud party taking place where it specifically states no more than 3 guests per rom and no parties or get togethers and you go to the room to see 40 testosterone filled young men with stereo system blasting and forced to ask them to leave since they refuse to comply with the noise rules.... That is racist. I learned a lot about racism the past 10 years. If you're white and have any issues with a group of people that happen to be black, you're kicking them out due to racism.... And then they proceed to tear apart the lobby and pull fire alarms on the way out (after threatening to come back and shoot you, faggot ass cracka). Goddamn whites and their rules. Other guests need to understand that their stupid little "important business meetings" the next morning are just white privilege and the troublemaking room should be allowed to do whatever they want, despite the rules detailing otherwise.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-22, 13:44

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't pay too much attention to pop culture stuff.

I poked around but couldn't find anything suggesting trump believes black people are inferior due to their race and color of skin. I know you say you don't pay attention to pop culture but you did say trump is an outright racist. I'm just looking for a link that would indicate such. Where did you come to this conclusion?

I mean, I'm sure you have some weird definition of specifically what you're looking for... But I googled "is trump racist" and it didn't take that long to find some stuff that suggests just that. Here's a quote.

Next in the Trump record on race came a 1991 book by John O’Donnell, who had been president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City. O’Donnell quoted Trump saying,“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:51

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't pay too much attention to pop culture stuff.

even though he's not real bright, he's not going to post a picture of him burning a cross on his website.. while enjoying the support of the KKK (who are among his strongest supporters) - so if you want a picture of him and David Duke wearing their Klan outfits together, you're probably not gonna find one.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I mean, I'm sure you have some weird definition of specifically what you're looking for... But I googled "is trump racist" and it didn't take that long to find some stuff that suggests just that. Here's a quote.

Next in the Trump record on race came a 1991 book by John O’Donnell, who had been president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City. O’Donnell quoted Trump saying,“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/

No weird definition. I'm just looking for the textbook definition, ya know, the etymology of the word 'racism'. Not the twisted 'nu-racism' where any disagreement with a black person means you're racist if you're white. That's how NYC works, at least.

That quote from 25 years ago is at least closer to that. I'd have to hear him expound on that theory for it to graduate from prejudice to racism, but it's pretty close. If we're going back a quarter century, is it safe to go back into Hillary's past? I see very few threads dedicate to her escapades. Or how about her husbands sexual harassment suits? Is there no balance on tSwill? Seems like a Democrat loving circle jerk.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

even though he's not real bright, he's not going to post a picture of him burning a cross on his website.. while enjoying the support of the KKK (who are among his strongest supporters) - so if you want a picture of him and David Duke wearing their Klan outfits together, you're probably not gonna find one.

I wouldn't say burning a cross is racist. Burning a flag isn't racist, is it? Beating up scores of white people for being white obviously isn't racist (and not covered to any extent in the news... and in some cases (CNN) edited to avoid that coming to light). So we were need some indication that he believes blacks are inferior human beings due to their skin color.

If prejudice is the only requirement for 'neo-racism', then Jesse Jackson is a through and through white supremacist.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:59

If I dress up as a Grand Wizard for Halloween. Does that make me racist?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-22, 14:09

There's more recent examples, but like Bob said, yeah while he isn't a genius, he is smart enough to not say "I hate all brown people" in a campaign speech. So, you probably won't find what you're looking for. However I, based on plenty of examples, believe he is a racist. You're welcome to believe what you want based on evidence.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 14:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There's more recent examples, but like Bob said, yeah while he isn't a genius, he is smart enough to not say "I hate all brown people" in a campaign speech. So, you probably won't find what you're looking for. However I, based on plenty of examples, believe he is a racist. You're welcome to believe what you want based on evidence.

I would love to see those plenty of examples. I see one comment from 1991, which would have ended any of my friendships should that be uttered in my presence.

It reminds me of Christians trying to convince me that the God of Bible exists; "You just have to believe"
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 14:25

Nowadays if you dress up as an American Indian for Halloween you are a racist. So my guard is up with regards to claims of racism where as in the past I would have normally just taken it at face value. Personal experience and witnesses events (not to mention statistics that seem the indicate a different problem) unfold myself has me skeptical of all claims of this nature.

Of course when I suggest a solution to the actual issue, I'm met with "you just want to do drugs you piece of shit", even by members of this board.

Dismondale explodes for Trump Ma9o3m
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-22, 14:25

Did you click on the link xsang? Or google "is trump racist" like I mentioned? It isn't that hard to find these things in the Internet era. I'm not going to spoon feed you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next