Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread!

+5
The_Dude
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
TheReal_LWS
9 posters

Go down

V.I.P tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread!

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-24, 10:08

As always, feel free to post about whatever you want in this thread! There are no rules at tSwill!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread!

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-24, 10:19

Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread!

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-24, 10:23

You think when people call others blatant schticks, trolls, whatever they would kind of learn and not engage them on a daily basis. Not fall for the same thing for 10 years. But someone must stand up for this injustice of MSU!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-24, 10:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You think when people call others blatant schticks, trolls, whatever they would kind of learn and not engage them on a daily basis. Not fall for the same thing for 10 years. But someone must stand up for this injustice of MSU!!!

I think you should write a book.

"Message Board Etiquette: My guide to being a good message board poster"

By Barney Fife
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-24, 10:40

duffy munn wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You think when people call others blatant schticks, trolls, whatever they would kind of learn and not engage them on a daily basis. Not fall for the same thing for 10 years. But someone must stand up for this injustice of MSU!!!

By Barney Fife

BOOM
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 11:19

duffy munn wrote:

By Barney Fife

Go back to the rcmb where its all sunshine all the time.

I get it though, you are part of the old guard who is used to UM using MSU as a personal rag. Now MSU has been doing that to UM, you don't know what to make of it so you attack fellow MSU posters.

Being a younger MSU fan, UM has never been a consistent power in my lifetime. So I guess I didnt grow up with a complex towards UM like you and Wags did.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-24, 11:32

Lol such simpletons
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-24, 12:24

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

By Barney Fife

I get it though, you are part of the old guard who is used to UM using MSU as a personal rag. Now MSU has been doing that to UM, you don't know what to make of it so you attack fellow MSU posters.

Being a younger MSU fan, UM has never been a consistent power in my lifetime. So I guess I didnt grow up with a complex towards UM like you and Wags did.

I'm younger than you and I still hope an asteroid hits Ann Arbor.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-24, 13:03

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

By Barney Fife

U of M has never really been a consistent national power in my lifetime either. Save 1997, they consistently shit the bed on the biggest stages.

You are the one that thinks they are elite. You are the one that thinks their coach is elite. You are the one making natty predictions.

I don't have a complex, I simply don't like their fan base ( you). They (you) are the enemy. You can continue so suck them off ( especially Harbs) You put them up on a pedestal based on nothing.

I won't do that. Ever.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 13:09

TheReal_LWS wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

How do I consistently put Harbaugh on a pedestal? He went to 3 straight NFC title games, built San Diego at the fcs level, and turned around a dumpster fire Stanford program into a power. Won 10 games first year after inheriting a mess at UM. Sometimes you are allowed to give credit where credit is due and not be anything other than a rational person. You seem incapable of doing that.

You also ignore Oregon, TCU, MSU, schools that win but havent won a national title have maxed out. You simply need to stack top 10 recruiting classes to win a national title. Every team that has won once since the bcs era has done so. UM is now doing that and fits those parameters.

And Ive never said Harbaugh is a better college coach than Dantonio.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-24, 13:35

TheReal_LWS wrote:As always, feel free to post about whatever you want in this thread! There are no rules at tSwill!

Stealing Blanch's material...well...that is just sad.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-24, 14:09

The_Dude wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

How do I consistently put Harbaugh on a pedestal? He went to 3 straight NFC title games, built San Diego at the fcs level, and turned around a dumpster fire Stanford program into a power. Won 10 games first year after inheriting a mess at UM. Sometimes you are allowed to give credit where credit is due and not be anything other than a rational person. You seem incapable of doing that.

You also ignore Oregon, TCU, MSU, schools that win but havent won a national title have maxed out. You simply need to stack top 10 recruiting classes to win a national title. Every team that has won once since the bcs era has done so. UM is now doing that and fits those parameters.

tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tDude makes a post claiming he doesn't put Harbs up on a pedestal. Then proceeds to heap praise on his Messiah.

Too funny.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 14:15

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 502811600 tDude makes a post claiming he doesn't put Harbs up on a pedestal. Then proceeds to heap praise on his Messiah.

Too funny.

Listing bullet points off of a resume is praising heap?

You have hit a new low.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-24, 14:17

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Too funny.

You have hit a new low.

Hey, he's your Messiah. Prop him up anyway you want.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-24, 14:22

The_Dude wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

MSU has not maxed out. You agreed they could have won it in 13, and if the playoffs get increased by one game, I'd bet my house that top ten stat falls. It's been a bullshit stat for years imo. You had to be a blue blood to be ranked in the top 20 back then. Especially the top ten. Great teams that weren't blue bloods had too far to climb to be successful to get to be invited to the championship game. Best example of that is 2013. I'm not sure we get invited had we beat ND and had been 13-0. To me, that stat is like belonging to an all white golf club for males. Every year they have a club championship but only white makes can play. Then they say "look, only white guys have ever won our championship".

Increase the playoffs by one more game and that stat dries up. It also sends the recruiting mags scrambling and fan boys confused. "How can this be happening?" They'd say. Answer: You let a lot of other bad ass teams into the party dumb Ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 14:22

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You have hit a new low.

Hey, he's your Messiah. Prop him up anyway you want.

By reading a resume?

Rent free Duff, rent free.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 14:29

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

How do I consistently put Harbaugh on a pedestal?  He went to 3 straight NFC title games, built San Diego at the fcs level, and turned around a dumpster fire Stanford program into a power.  Won 10 games first year after inheriting a mess at UM.  Sometimes you are allowed to give credit where credit is due and not be anything other than a rational person.  You seem incapable of doing that.

You also ignore Oregon, TCU, MSU, schools that win but havent won a national title have maxed out.  You simply need to stack top 10 recruiting classes to win a national title.  Every team that has won once since the bcs era has done so.  UM is now doing that and fits those parameters.  

MSU has not maxed out.  You agreed they could have won it in 13, and if the playoffs get increased by one game, I'd bet my house that top ten stat falls.  It's been a bullshit stat for years imo. You had to be a blue blood to be ranked in the top 20 back then. Especially the top ten. Great teams that weren't blue bloods  had too far to climb to be successful to get to be invited to the championship game. Best example of that is 2013. I'm not sure we get invited had we beat ND and had been 13-0.  To me, that stat is like belonging to an all white golf club for males. Every year they have a club championship but only white makes can play. Then they say "look, only white guys have ever won our championship".

Increase the playoffs by one more game and that stat dries up. It also sends the recruiting mags scrambling and fan boys confused.  "How can this be happening?"  They'd say.  Answer: You let a lot of other bad ass teams into the party dumb Ass.

This is an interesting debate.

A team only has to win 2 games against elite teams with 4 teams in the playoffs.  Making it 8 teams, you would have to win 3 making it harder and more games = less variance that the champion isn't the best team.

Lets play that game last year and say that teams 5-8 were Iowa, Stanford, OSU, and ND.

MSU would have lost to any of those teams with an injured Cook, with the exception of Iowa.

Clemson beats ND.  Bama vs OSU--now thas a doozy of a first round matchup.  Winner of that game, even with OSU as a 7 seed, would likely be the favorite to win it all.

MSU loses to Stanford.  OU beats Iowa.

Semifinal games are Bama vs OU and Clemson vs Stanford.

Title game is Bama vs Clemson, same as last year.  Could go either way.  If you had OSU beating Bama in game 1, then its OSU vs Clemson.

The three teams without top 10 crootin--Iowa, MSU, and Stanford all really had no shot to win it all in this scenario.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-24, 14:34

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

MSU has not maxed out.  You agreed they could have won it in 13, and if the playoffs get increased by one game, I'd bet my house that top ten stat falls.  It's been a bullshit stat for years imo. You had to be a blue blood to be ranked in the top 20 back then. Especially the top ten. Great teams that weren't blue bloods  had too far to climb to be successful to get to be invited to the championship game. Best example of that is 2013. I'm not sure we get invited had we beat ND and had been 13-0.  To me, that stat is like belonging to an all white golf club for males. Every year they have a club championship but only white makes can play. Then they say "look, only white guys have ever won our championship".

Increase the playoffs by one more game and that stat dries up. It also sends the recruiting mags scrambling and fan boys confused.  "How can this be happening?"  They'd say.  Answer: You let a lot of other bad ass teams into the party dumb Ass.

This is an interesting debate.

A team only has to win 2 games against elite teams with 4 teams in the playoffs.  Making it 8 teams, you would have to win 3 making it harder and more games = less variance that the champion isn't the best team.

Lets play that game last year and say that teams 5-8 were Iowa, Stanford, OSU, and ND.

MSU would have lost to any of those teams with an injured Cook, with the exception of Iowa.

Clemson beats ND.  Bama vs OSU--now thas a doozy of a first round matchup.  Winner of that game, even with OSU as a 7 seed, would likely be the favorite to win it all.

MSU loses to Stanford.  OU beats Iowa.

Semifinal games are Bama vs OU and Clemson vs Stanford.

Title game is Bama vs Clemson, same as last year.  Could go either way.  If you had OSU beating Bama in game 1, then its OSU vs Clemson.

The three teams without top 10 crootin--Iowa, MSU, and Stanford all really had no shot to win it all in this scenario.

They'll increase it eventually. We'll see teams like Bama get beat along the way. Hell we see two seeds get beat by 15 seeds in basketball.

Stat will be a non starter. You let more teams in, you'll get many more oregons clemsens MSU's TCU's etc. it will happen
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-24, 14:35

Were clemsons classes top ten?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-24, 14:36

Some of you people really concern me. I think some of you might have mental illness.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 14:41

DWags wrote:Were clemsons classes top ten?

According to rivals, '13 class was 14, '14 class was 13, '15 class was 4, and '16 class was 6 overall.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 14:42

TheReal_LWS wrote:Some of you people really concern me. I think some of you might have mental illness.

people are getting football fever. Big expectations every year now for the green and white.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-24, 14:44

The_Dude wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Some of you people really concern me. I think some of you might have mental illness.

people are getting football fever. Big expectations every year now for the green and white.

But bigger for the Maize and Blue, right ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 14:52

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

But bigger for the Maize and Blue, right ?

tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! Hqdefault
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-08-24, 15:12

I'm starting to think Muffy is a Nigel-esque level troll.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 08:12

Bump. This thread seems timely.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-25, 08:20

I 100% advocate for this thread if it keeps you idiots bitching at each other in here and not everywhere else. Carry on.  tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 969504605
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 08:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I 100% advocate for this thread if it keeps you idiots bitching at each other in here and not everywhere else. Carry on.  tOfficial The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria only thread! 969504605

The pot and the kettle.............
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down