Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Warner going to pull a roushar?

+10
Floyd Robertson
P Rob
duffy munn
DWags
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
tGreenWay
The_Dude
Blanch32
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Warner going to pull a roushar? Empty Is Warner going to pull a roushar?

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-16, 09:38

Look, we need to drop 35 on ND or we lose. No way kaiser falls apart against our D. The question is will we do it or will Warner call up a bonar of a game plan and try max protect and 3 yards and cloud of dust?

Given our o line, I wouldn't be suprised
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is Warner going to pull a roushar? Empty Re: Is Warner going to pull a roushar?

Post by The_Dude 2016-09-16, 09:43

Agreed. NDs secondary is God awful. Nevada had guys running open all day their QB just sucked balls. The game plan needs to be test them often and early. If it's running power into stacked boxes, Warners needs to resign.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-16, 09:48

Blanch32 wrote:Look, we need to drop 35 on ND or we lose. No way kaiser falls apart against our D. The question is will we do it or will Warner call up a bonar of a game plan and try max protect and 3 yards and cloud of dust?

Given our o line, I wouldn't be suprised

The fucking Kaiser lost to the French!! No way can he beat us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-16, 09:48

The_Dude wrote:Agreed. NDs secondary is God awful. Nevada had guys running open all day their QB just sucked balls. The game plan needs to be test them often and early. If it's running power into stacked boxes, Warners needs to resign.

Fwiw, it's not Warners fault dantonio wants smash mouth. It's our o line coachs fault he can't recruit or develop any consistently. Staten is on my hot seat since we got Blackwell and a gang of admins who can do all the recruiting stuff he use to do. We now need actual coaches
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-16, 09:53

Blanch32 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Agreed. NDs secondary is God awful. Nevada had guys running open all day their QB just sucked balls. The game plan needs to be test them often and early. If it's running power into stacked boxes, Warners needs to resign.

Fwiw, it's not Warners fault dantonio wants smash mouth. It's our o line coachs fault he can't recruit or develop any consistently. Staten is on my hot seat since we got Blackwell and a gang of admins who can do all the recruiting stuff he use to do. We now need actual coaches

Is Warner going to pull a roushar? 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-16, 09:57

This post will be fun to revisit after the 20-17 win tomorrow night.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-16, 10:01

I just want to mention the interesting phenomenon of people whi think they know something about sports thinking that players are like video game characters with a set number for each skill (AWARENESS - 99! - one of my fav. calls of all time). As though they can't elevate their game or the coach cant tweak the plan. "Duh, ND can't cover, we should throw on them all day." Okay genius. let's just change our entire approach to football because of one game we watched.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-16, 10:18

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-09-16, 10:21

I have a theory Coach D is going to introduce some kind of a fairly big wrinkle into the game plan on O or D. He did a shit load of second guessing of himself around the gameplan for the Bama game, and how we just went in doing what we do. With an extra week to prepare, would not surprise me to see something new. And I have no idea what.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-16, 10:28

Dantonio is still call the shots, approving game plans and telling the OC(s) when to change things up.
Rouschar got into trouble when he was told to make adjustments at Iowa, didn't go to Plan B and they lost. Big
End result was Rouschar being allowed to find a position as an NFL assistant and resign.

Dantonio is a defense first coach who is happy with a win with 45 or fewer total points. Kelly is an offense first coach who likes to see his team score at least 35 or more points per game and sees 65+ points total as the way his system is working.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-16, 10:33

GRR Spartan wrote:Dantonio is still call the shots, approving game plans and telling the OC(s) when to change things up.
Rouschar got into trouble when he was told to make adjustments at Iowa, didn't go to Plan B and they lost. Big
End result was Rouschar being allowed to find a position as an NFL assistant and resign.

Dantonio is a defense first coach who is happy with a win with 45 or fewer total points. Kelly is an offense first coach who likes to see his team score at least 35 or more points per game and sees 65+ points total as the way his system is working.

Yeah, pretty much this. I always found the fools over on the RCMB entertaining in the "down" years with Dantonio. He has a pretty firm set in stone overall philosophy of football and getting a new offensive coordinator wasn't going to change the MSU basic look, or his defense first mentality. We are who we are and we play it like that. I'd say it's been pretty damn successful. I know there will be some impatient people if we don't do great this year. But every so many years you take a program step back. Fortunately, IMO it's not going to ever be a break down and full rebuild. Not while he's here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-16, 10:35

tGreenWay wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Is Warner going to pull a roushar? 1966794946

Staten is the football equal of the basketball black guy with the glasses.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-16, 10:37

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Dantonio is still call the shots, approving game plans and telling the OC(s) when to change things up.

Yeah, pretty much this. I always found the fools over on the RCMB entertaining in the "down" years with Dantonio. He has a pretty firm set in stone overall philosophy of football and getting a new offensive coordinator wasn't going to change the MSU basic look, or his defense first mentality. We are who we are and we play it like that. I'd say it's been pretty damn successful. I know there will be some impatient people if we don't do great this year. But every so many years you take a program step back. Fortunately, IMO it's not going to ever be a break down and full rebuild. Not while he's here.

Yeah, the people calling for the OC's head and blaming him entirely for perceived short comings are the same ones that wanted Morris Watts out.

They don't get it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-09-16, 10:43

Blanch likes fat chicks.

Last edited by P Rob on 2016-09-16, 10:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FAT CHICKS)
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-16, 10:52

DWags wrote:

I'll be extremely happy if we can keep down years to 9-3.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-16, 10:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

You know you've got it good when your "down" years are what used to be your "up" years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-16, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You know you've got it good when your "down" years are what used to be your "up" years.

That's what I'm saying. This is one area where I'm not anxious to relive my youth.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-16, 10:57

Fuck 9-3. Let's win the whole fucking thing every year!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-09-16, 11:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck 9-3. Let's win the whole fucking thing every year!
We aren't Bama, OTPT.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-16, 11:06

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah, the people calling for the OC's head and blaming him entirely for perceived short comings are the same ones that wanted Morris Watts out.

They don't get it.

Speaking of which, the 84 year old pulled that CMU hail marry our of his ass. I was kind of shocked to see he was still coaching.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-16, 11:13

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

They don't get it.

Wo watts sucked too. Go back to tranquil for a good one
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-16, 11:16

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

They don't get it.

HoF level post.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-16, 11:20

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

They don't get it.

More proof that people ( especially our resident dumbass) don't get it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-16, 11:29

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Muffy, you arever such a blowar. Sorry I don't like 4 and 8 seasons with smoker and rogers
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-16, 11:39

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Muffy, you arever such a blowar. Sorry I don't like 4 and 8 seasons with smoker and rogers

I hate 4-8 seasons. And you still don't get it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-16, 11:40

Duff stop being a blue gill and start being a lion.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-09-16, 13:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Duff stop being a blue gill and start being a lion.

If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-18, 00:05

Like my old Navy Chief used to say to the idiots in our basic training company, "Jesus Fuckin' Christ, you are morons and keep proving it every day."

The OP could have been one of those guys.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-18, 15:02

props to Warner dude did a solid
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-18, 18:14

Blanch32 wrote:props to Warner dude did a solid

Did the O-line play Staten off the hot seat ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-19, 14:15

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:props to Warner dude did a solid

Yes, for this week. all depends now on Saturday
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-19, 21:20

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Nice of you to give him 6 more days. You can always fire him on Sunday.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-09-19, 22:15

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yep first defense we played this year. Look solid in this one and it's all good. Lose a bonar 16-13 type game and ugh
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-09-19, 22:16

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yes, for this week.  all depends now on Saturday

Yep first defense we play this year. Look solid in this one and it's all good. Lose a bonar 16-13 type game and ugh

Last edited by The_Dude on 2016-09-19, 22:22; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-19, 22:19

"we"

Is Warner going to pull a roushar? 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-09-19, 22:22

NigelUno wrote:"we"

Is Warner going to pull a roushar? 502811600

Yup
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-19, 22:29

fwiw, I really likEd the speed ground and pound hope we brake that one out for uofm again
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-19, 22:36

Blanch32 wrote:fwiw, I really likEd the speed ground and pound hope we brake that one out for uofm again

It's been around for 10 years, dumbass.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-09-19, 22:39

God you guys try so hard to debunk these idiots. Just let them be idiots.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-09-19, 23:39

Blanch32 wrote:fwiw, I really likEd the speed ground and pound hope we brake that one out for uofm again

yep, the ofFEnce was so clutch hope we dont let off the gas pedal against wiscko
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next