Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business.

+30
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
Da Mayor
DWags
AnomanderRake
Cameron
duffy munn
Nordic
TheReal_LWS
Tyler Durden
Turtleneck
Space Lord
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Watch Out Pylon!
SawGreen
The Pantry
Death Roe
Clarett's Folly
CheesySpartan
GRR Spartan
Herbie Green
MattyFresh
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
34 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business. - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Chris Vannini‏Verified account @ChrisVannini 20h20 hours ago
More
In another world, Hayward’s foul on Draymond is called, MSU beats Duke to win title, Izzo goes to the Cavs, and Brad Stevens is MSU's coach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business. - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business.

Post by Death Roe Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Chris Vannini‏Verified account @ChrisVannini 20h20 hours ago
More
In another world, Hayward’s foul on Draymond is called, MSU beats Duke to win title, Izzo goes to the Cavs, and Brad Stevens is MSU's coach.

;.;
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Chris Vannini‏Verified account @ChrisVannini 20h20 hours ago
More

But would TI have survived long enough to enjoy LBJ's return home? Would Stevens still be coaching MSU?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:41 am

The Izzone‏Verified account @ThisistheIZZONE 5m5 minutes ago
More
Excited for this season? 2017-18 Izzone memberships are now on sale at http://msuspartans.com/STX . For more info visit http://msuspartans.com/studentsections .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Luke Srodulski‏ @lsrodulski 28m28 minutes ago
More
News from over the weekend: Michigan State is the favorite to win the 2018 NCAA Tournament.

College basketball odds: Michigan State listed as favorite to win 2018 national championship
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Luke Srodulski‏ @lsrodulski 28m28 minutes ago
More
News from over the weekend: Michigan State is the favorite to win the 2018 NCAA Tournament.

College basketball odds: Michigan State listed as favorite to win 2018 national championship

Saw it, hate it. I can't think of the last time one of these predictions came true (especially for MSU). But, it should create some prime-time viewing for awhile.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:05 pm

SawGreen wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Luke Srodulski‏ @lsrodulski 28m28 minutes ago
More

Saw it, hate it. I can't think of the last time one of these predictions came true (especially for MSU). But, it should create some prime-time viewing for awhile.

We can drop a couple of early games, drop to about 12th and lay in the weeds.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

When you have puddin bridges Langford Jackson Winston Tom Izzo you ain't lying in weeds. You're taking agent orange to those fuckers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 pm

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

When you have puddin bridges Langford Jackson Winston Tom Izzo you ain't lying in weeds. You're taking agent orange to those fuckers.

I'm with Wags. 41-0.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Some great tidbits of info on Tillman in this one...

https://www.landof10.com/michigan-state/michigan-state-xavier-tillman-school-basketball-fatherhood

...The past year has been full of moves showing his maturity. On Dec. 3, he and Todd welcomed “Yanni” into the world. On May 10, they got engaged, with plans to marry after college. And Monday marked their two-year anniversary, dating back to just before their junior year of high school: Tillman at Grand Rapids (Mich.) Christian, Todd at Northview....

...“I wanted to cut them for more professional reasons,” Tillman explained. “[My teammates] were like, ‘You know what? It’s a tradition here that everyone here has that professional look. You’re going to cut it eventually.’ ...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:58 am

2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business. - Page 6 Giphy
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Dan Dakich‏Verified account @dandakich 4m4 minutes ago
More
My man @SethOnHoops Top 3
1- MSU
2- Az
3- Duke based on talent
Final 4 Darkhorse
Villanova
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:46 pm

For Xavier Tillman, a timely reminder that he's not the biggest kid anymore
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:49 pm

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I am holding you to this Dwags. No excuses or lectures
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

I am holding you to this Dwags. No excuses or lectures

I will stand by the fact that we won't be "lying in the weeds". I do think however, you somehow believe this team can sneak up on people. I'd love to hear you explain that. We're 6-1 odds to win the NC, we're pre-season favorites to win the BT and go very deep, so exactly WTF do you mean we will be able to "lie in the weeds"? I'm very curious as to how we will do that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I am holding you to this Dwags.  No excuses or lectures

I will stand by the fact that we won't be "lying in the weeds".   I do think however, you somehow believe this team can sneak up on people.  I'd love to hear you explain that.  We're 6-1 odds to win the NC, we're pre-season favorites to win the BT and go very deep, so exactly WTF do you mean we will be able to "lie in the weeds"?   I'm very curious as to how we will do that.  

1.  The team is too young
2.   lack of wing depth
3.  Izzo will lose games on purpose to teach lessons for later and if you dont understand this then you are not a real fan
4.  Officiating
5.  Injuries
6.  Too much adversity 
7.  Leadership
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

I will stand by the fact that we won't be "lying in the weeds".   I do think however, you somehow believe this team can sneak up on people.  I'd love to hear you explain that.  We're 6-1 odds to win the NC, we're pre-season favorites to win the BT and go very deep, so exactly WTF do you mean we will be able to "lie in the weeds"?   I'm very curious as to how we will do that.  

1.  The team is too young ---- Rated 6:1 to win it all (while young, they can't hide)
2.   lack of wing depth  -- favored to win the BT (While depth is lacking, can't hide)
3.  Izzo will lose games on purpose to teach lessons for later and if you dont understand this then you are not a real fan -  Will wear the jerseys that say "State" every game (While he might fuck with the lineups, the opponent will still know who they're playing, can't hide)
4.  Officiating -- Rules of the NCAA (No pick up allowed, can't hide from it)
5.  Injuries (This might be the only way they "hide" from another team, if we have a spate of injuries and some team lets down it's guard because we're using managers.)
6.  Too much adversity ---- so they hate each other big deal (other teams don't care, can't hide)
7.  Leadership  --- Lacking leadership, doesn't take away who is wearing the jersey's,
they're damn good players  (teams know that too, can't hide)

Herb, I don't think you and I are thinking about what "lying in the weeds" means in the same way.   Do you think teams will take this team lightly?  Because only one of your 7 really gives us a chance to "sneak up" on a team.  The other 6 don't mean one thing as far as being able to "sneak up" on a team by lying in the weeds.  This team is heavy favorites in Vegas to win a NC, how the hell do they "lie in the weeds"?   Are other teams that dumb?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:17 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

1.  The team is too young ---- Rated 6:1 to win it all (while young, they can't hide)
2.   lack of wing depth  -- favored to win the BT (While depth is lacking, can't hide)
3.  Izzo will lose games on purpose to teach lessons for later and if you dont understand this then you are not a real fan -  Will wear the jerseys that say "State" every game (While he might fuck with the lineups, the opponent will still know who they're playing, can't hide)
5.  Injuries (This might be the only way they "hide" from another team, if we have a spate of injuries and some team lets down it's guard because we're using managers.)
6.  Too much adversity ---- so they hate each other big deal (other teams don't care, can't hide)
7.  Leadership  --- Lacking leadership, doesn't take away who is wearing the jersey's,

Herb, I don't think you and I are thinking about what "lying in the weeds" means in the same way.   Do you think teams will take this team lightly?  Because only one of your 7 really gives us a chance to "sneak up" on a team.  The other 6 don't mean one thing as far as being able to "sneak up" on a team by lying in the weeds.  This team is heavy favorites in Vegas to win a NC, how the hell do they "lie in the weeds"?   Are other teams that dumb?

I think it's actually more of an early Chicken Little list.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:21 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

yeah, I think he's so excited to bitch, moan or argue that he lost the meaning of "lying in the weeds" as Floyd and I started out with. I'm lost with his posts, but what else is new?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

1.  The team is too young
2.   lack of wing depth
3.  Izzo will lose games on purpose to teach lessons for later and if you dont understand this then you are not a real fan
4.  Officiating
5.  Injuries
6.  Too much adversity 
7.  Leadership

1.) there is no such thing as too young in college basketball anymore. You should watch some college basketball over the last, I don't know, 20 years. Most of the stars are freshmen and sophmores.

2.) McQuaid and Ahrens are going to surprise you. Bridges is going to play 35 minutes.

3.) Funny

4.) Can't control what the refs do. Or worry about it.

5.) Legit for every team in every sport every year.

6.) What? Of course their will be adversity. This just in, it's freaking hard to win it all. I'll take an Izzo team facing adversity over almost anyone.

7.) Believe it or not, this team's undisputed leader is Tum. While his minutes will go down, his teammates love him and respect him. Also watch Winston, he seems like a natural leader as well. Bridges came back for one reason so he will certainly lead.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:32 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I just thought we should get it out of the way now in case we lose a bunch of games. It seems like we end up doing it almost every single season. 2001 is about the only season I can think of where we just rolled from start to finish.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

I just thought we should get it out of the way now in case we lose a bunch of games. It seems like we end up doing it almost every single season. 2001 is about the only season I can think of where we just rolled from start to finish.

Early Chicken Little list confirmed.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:34 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hey look, it is Captain Hindsight himself. Do you have a prediction for last season yet?

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Hey look, it is Captain Hindsight himself. Do you have a prediction for last season yet?

I'd just like to know if you really think this team can "hide in the weeds" on other teams or that you are trying to turn that saying into something else.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Oh, Chicken Herb. You are so silly.

I said they would make the NCAA Tournament.

You said they would make the NIT.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:47 pm

I say they will win the national championship. What do you got?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I say they will win the national championship. What do you got?

And that's how you say they'll "lay in the weeds"?

Ok. If it makes sense to you. I guess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I say they will win the national championship. What do you got?

The National Invitational Tournament Championship?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:57 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Your prediction please
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Your prediction please

I predict most teams will be fired up to play us and we'll have their full attention. You?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:13 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Your prediction please

I predict most teams will be fired up to play us and we'll have their full attention. You?

Could that potentially be the top excuse later?

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Your prediction please

CHICKEN LITTLE HERBIE!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

Could that potentially be the top excuse later?

I get you didn't understand the whole "lying in the weeds" thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:29 pm

LooseGoose wrote:For Xavier Tillman, a timely reminder that he's not the biggest kid anymore

We are going to board so much
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Herbie didn't argue we were lying in the weeds did he?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Herbie didn't argue we were lying in the weeds did he?

I think there are message board posters laying in the weeds.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Herbie didn't argue we were lying in the weeds did he?

Herbie is pretty thick. Somehow he turned my lying in the weeds to giving me a list of how this team might lose games. I got lost in his anger.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Let me settle this.

If you're the preseason #1 and the Las Vegas favorite it's impossible to be in the weeds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Spartans News‏ @SpartansMLive 2h2 hours ago
More
You can own a section of Michigan State basketball's court for $20

2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business. - Page 6 23072863-mmmain

The MSU Surplus Store, 468 Green Way, in East Lansing is selling 4-by-4 sections of the team's practice floor beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Friday.(Courtesy Photo | MSU Surplus Store)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Spartans News‏ @SpartansMLive 2h2 hours ago
More
You can own a section of Michigan State basketball's court for $20

2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business. - Page 6 23072863-mmmain

The MSU Surplus Store, 468 Green Way, in East Lansing is selling 4-by-4 sections of the team's practice floor beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Friday.(Courtesy Photo | MSU Surplus Store)

2017/18 Hoops Thread - Unfinished Business. - Page 6 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next