Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump

+13
GRR Spartan
Nordic
SomeFanName
xsanguine
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Triple Sparty
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
P Rob
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump Empty Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-12, 16:20

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump

- The connection is especially strong for white voters

- A new voting bloc: “sheltered” white Americans?

- Or maybe it’s just that people who aren’t educated are less likely to move

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump Screen%20Shot%202016-10-06%20at%202.51.06%20PM

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump Empty Re: Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-12, 17:22

So, uneducated white folk.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump Empty Re: Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump

Post by Guest 2016-10-12, 17:54

Exactly the kind of people we need to purge from this country. Fucking hicks that cling to their families, hometowns, guns and religion. What kind of banana republic would you end up with by relying on those dorks?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-13, 10:13

LooseGoose wrote:Exactly the kind of people we need to purge from this country. Fucking hicks that cling to their families, hometowns, guns and religion. What kind of banana republic would you end up with by relying on those dorks?

That's taking it a little far goose. Maybe some exposure to things outside of their towns would make them a little less angry.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-10-13, 10:18

Wow, breaking news here.

What is next? Blacks prefer Obama?
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-13, 10:19

I feel like you're running a lil hot goose. Maybe have a drink or something.

But yeah otpt, it's not much more complicated than education levels. I'm not sure there is too much more to be derived than that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 10:59

I'd be more careful with calling them uneducated. Non-degreed is closer to the truth. The "uneducated" tag becomes insulting. I have a couple degrees, but I have friends in my hometown that can take care of their farms like nobody's business. They work in a paper mill too. Make good money, hunt and fish, and enjoy the small town. I don't know if they're hilliary or trump supporters. They don't seem angry, and I don't know who or how a lot of them voted in primaries, but I know some of them have an aversion to Hilliary because they really believe she is corrupt and that she used politics to get rich. That doesnt' mean they're on team Trump either. I know many don't like him either.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-13, 11:02

How pc of you dwags. I'll make sure to use the term non degreed in the future as not to hurt their feelings.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 11:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How pc of you dwags. I'll make sure to use the term non degreed in the future as not to hurt their feelings.

Nah, you can't hurt their feelings, and they would not give two shits about what you call them Travis. I was saying that to this board. And seriously, they're not stupid people which "uneducated" implies. But you know that.

Oh, and it would be funny to see you walk into the North Side bar and have some beers with some really cool people and then declare them "uneducated" at the pool table. Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump 502811600

Some, no doubt would ignore you, some would shake their head at a very ignorant comment, and well, I'm sure one might maybe take offense. But I don't think their feelings would be hurt.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-13, 11:10

I was just teasing you dwags. I have moron friends too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-10-13, 11:11

Very well said DWags.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 11:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I was just teasing you dwags. I have moron friends too.

Birds of a feather and all, that makes sense.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 11:16

Goose is having a rough time in light of the latest Trump revelations.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 11:18

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How pc of you dwags. I'll make sure to use the term non degreed in the future as not to hurt their feelings.

Nah, you can't hurt their feelings, and they would not give two shits about what you call them Travis.  I was saying that to this board.  And seriously, they're not stupid people which "uneducated" implies.  But you know that.  

Oh, and it would be funny to see you walk into the North Side bar and have some beers with some really cool people and then declare them "uneducated" at the pool table.  Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump 502811600

Some, no doubt would ignore you, some would shake their head at a very ignorant comment, and well, I'm sure one might maybe take offense.  But I don't think their feelings would be hurt.  

Some of the smartest people you'll ever meet live in small towns and never went to college.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-13, 11:21

DWags wrote:I'd be more careful with calling them uneducated. Non-degreed is closer to the truth. The "uneducated" tag becomes insulting. I have a couple degrees, but I have friends in my hometown that can take care of their farms like nobody's business. They work in a paper mill too. Make good money, hunt and fish, and enjoy the small town. I don't know if they're hilliary or trump supporters. They don't seem angry, and I don't know who or how a lot of them voted in primaries, but I know some of them have an aversion to Hilliary because they really believe she is corrupt and that she used politics to get rich. That doesnt' mean they're on team Trump either. I know many don't like him either.

Good point. Mea culpa.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-13, 11:21

You're silly dwags :)

But, obviously there are exceptions. No shit. There are idiots with college degrees too. But, I don't have a problem, when considering national polling data, saying that uneducated people are less intelligent than educated people. Are we all comfortable with that?

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-10-13, 11:30; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 11:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Exactly the kind of people we need to purge from this country. Fucking hicks that cling to their families, hometowns, guns and religion. What kind of banana republic would you end up with by relying on those dorks?

That's taking it a little far goose. Maybe some exposure to things outside of their towns would make them a little less angry.

Nah, a little less condescension from arrogant people in politics and the media would make them less angry. Most of them have had lots of "exposure" to the world outside their hometown and have no desire to join it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 11:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Goose is having a rough time in light of the latest Trump revelations.

And to think you actually have some morons here convinced you're witty. I've been opposed to Trump from day 1 because I know a jackass when I see one. That also explains my opposition to you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 11:31

I'm not sure I know of or have met any educated Trump supporters.

If I have, I'm thankful that I don't share their same level of education.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 11:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I feel like you're running a lil hot goose. Maybe have a drink or something.

But yeah otpt, it's not much more complicated than education levels. I'm not sure there is too much more to be derived than that.

Bah. I have many friends that never left our hometown, usually for a variety of reasons. I despise the snooty assumption that because they didn't move away that somehow they're inferior beings. The reality is that most of them have very full and enjoyable lives. Is that now something that should be looked down on?

I also know lots of other people that left their hometowns and are stupid, miserable son of bitches should I extrapolate that experience to all?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 11:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Goose is having a rough time in light of the latest Trump revelations.

And to think you actually have some morons here convinced you're witty. I've been opposed to Trump from day 1 because I know a jackass when I see one. That also explains my opposition to you.
you're very fervent in your denial of supporting the man fond of sexual assault.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-13, 11:35

Okay. Guys seriously. You're talking about a NATIONAL poll. Not your individual buddies. There are always exceptions whenever you're lumping people in by whatever metric you lump them in together by.

But again, people with college degree by and large are more intelligent than those without. When looking at them as a group. That is neither snooty, nor is it looking down on anyone, nor is it arguable. It is just simply fact.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 11:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Okay. Guys seriously. You're talking about a NATIONAL poll. Not your individual buddies. There are always exceptions whenever you're lumping people in by whatever metric you lump them in together by.

But again, people with college degree by and large are more intelligent than those without. When looking at them as a group. That is neither snooty, nor is it looking down on anyone, nor is it arguable. It is just simply fact.
but I know this one guy who lives on a farm and plays pool that is really, really smart...

does he count?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 11:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

But again, people with college degree by and large are more intelligent than those without. .

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump 502811600 Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump 502811600 Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-13, 11:52

Goose is taking this a bit personal or far.

Who is looking down upon who?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 11:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose is taking this a bit personal or far.

just don't point out his support for Trump.. he's angry enough already.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-13, 11:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Okay. Guys seriously. You're talking about a NATIONAL poll. Not your individual buddies. There are always exceptions whenever you're lumping people in by whatever metric you lump them in together by.

I know this chick that has a degree and is dumb as fuck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 11:56

Are we talking street smart or book smart?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 11:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you're very fervent in your denial of supporting the man fond of sexual assault.

You're very fervent in fondly discussing sexual assaults.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 12:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I have a couple degrees, I'm an idiot in a lot of ways.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 12:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose is taking this a bit personal or far.
just don't point out his support for Trump.. he's angry enough already.

You're the only one ignorant enough to believe that. I know you want to focus on Trump rather than the felon you support.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-13, 12:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Poll: white people who’ve never moved away from their hometowns prefer Trump 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-13, 12:04

I have a degree and I am not very smart. People love to jump to assumptions here and put words in other people's mouth.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-10-13, 12:04

I'm not sure you're helping your cause Trav. This poll means nothing other than to divide people along there lines of us and them. And for millennials like otpt (no offense) to use to pat himself on the back for getting a college degree.

Last edited by Triple Sparty on 2016-10-13, 12:06; edited 1 time in total
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 12:04

Goose demonstrating more anger.

Shocking.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-10-13, 12:07

Bob, do you have any siblings? Younger or older?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 12:08

Triple Sparty wrote:Bob, do you have any siblings? Younger or older?
had a brother.. he died.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-13, 12:10

Triple Sparty wrote:I'm not sure you're helping your cause Trav. This poll means nothing other than to divide people along there lines of us and them. And for millennials like otpt (no offense) to use to pat himself on the back for getting a college degree.

Bruh - I have a psychology degree. I do not pat myself on the back and fucking hate these loans I'm paying back. I went to college for many other things that are not on that piece of paper.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 12:13

I can't say that I learned anything in college that makes me smarter..

of course, I didn't give the universities I have attended much to work with.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 12:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Goose demonstrating more anger.

Shocking.

Keep telling yourself that, I'm sure you believe it and some of the weak minded here will too. I'm not angry at all, I'm just explaining clearly what an ass you are. That's harsh truth not anger.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next