Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House

+5
tGreenWay
P Rob
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Floyd Robertson
9 posters

Go down

How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House Empty How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-13, 20:19

Fascinating stuff, in theory.

How Evan McMullin Could Win Utah And The Presidency

It would take a fascinating scenario — in which much of the technical detail of how we select presidents comes into play — for McMullin to be sworn in as the 45th president, but the chances of its happening are slim, not none. Indeed, his chances of at least making things very interesting may be as high as 1 to 3 percent — about the same as the odds of the Cubs’ coming back to beat the Giants on Monday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House Empty Re: How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 20:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Fascinating stuff, in theory.

It would take a fascinating scenario — in which much of the technical detail of how we select presidents comes into play — for McMullin to be sworn in as the 45th president, but the chances of its happening are slim, not none. Indeed, his chances of at least making things very interesting may be as high as 1 to 3 percent — about the same as the odds of the Cubs’ coming back to beat the Giants on Monday.

Better odds than picking up a fumbled punt with ten seconds left....
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House Empty Re: How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-13, 20:23

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Fascinating stuff, in theory.

Better odds than picking up a fumbled punt with ten seconds left....

ha, that's one way of looking at it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-14, 09:58

Who's this Egg McMuffin guy?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-10-14, 11:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who's this Egg McMuffin guy?

You sound smart. How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House 1966794946
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-14, 12:18

P Rob wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who's this Egg McMuffin guy?

You sound smart.  How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House 1966794946

Your ears don't deceive you as you verbalize what I typed. I am smart.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-10-14, 12:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
P Rob wrote:

You sound smart.  How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House 1966794946

Your ears don't deceive you as you verbalize what I typed. I am smart.

P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-14, 18:31

How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House 502811600 I couldn't even be bummed if that happened.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-14, 18:52

tGreenWay wrote:How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House 502811600 I couldn't even be bummed if that happened.

This would great. Talk about a total wake-up call and FU to both parties.

I didn't know until today that J. Quincy was actually elected president by the house.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-10-15, 00:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:How Evan McMullin Could Win the White House 502811600 I couldn't even be bummed if that happened.

I didn't know until today that J. Quincy was actually elected president by the house.

Yep no electoral majority
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-15, 00:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The fathers put in safeguards because they didn't trust us. That's what the electoral college is really for. To protect us from us. Unfortunately we have bastardardized that process to the point we can't protect ourselves from ourselves. My proof is this election.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-15, 09:55

That's about as likely as Goose selling his home and boat in Mio and move to Highland Park.

Post WW2 the GOP has nominated Goldwater and now Trump. Both had a solid base but insular. Neither attracting key demographic groups in the middle 30%. Democrats nominated McGovern and learned a solid 35-40% means nothing.

The world was going to end after November '08 if Obama was elected. It hasn't happened. Things could be a lot better but the US economy recovered faster than most other industrialized countries and more people are working than in '08.

HRC will probably be a one term President unless she has some incredibly good luck along the way. LBJ only won one term, bailed and Nixon beat Humphrey. Bush1 did a credible job but didn't win second time out. 12 years seems to be about as long as Americans want to be before its time to give another party a shot.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-15, 10:46

GRR Spartan wrote:That's about as likely as Goose selling his home and boat in Mio and move to Highland Park.

Post WW2 the GOP has nominated Goldwater and now Trump.  Both had a solid base but insular.  Neither attracting key demographic groups in the middle 30%.  Democrats nominated McGovern and learned a solid 35-40% means nothing.

The world was going to end after November '08 if Obama was elected.  It hasn't happened.  Things could be a lot better but the US economy recovered faster than most other industrialized countries and more people are working than in '08.

HRC will probably be a one term President unless she has some incredibly good luck along the way.  LBJ only won one term, bailed and Nixon beat Humphrey.  Bush1 did a credible job but didn't win second time out.  12 years seems to be about as long as Americans want to be before its time to give another party a shot.

In the scheme of things, it's more likely than Jill Stein taking the oval office, but nobody thinks it's going to happen. I'm sure 538 approached it as nothing more than an interesting political exercise.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-26, 19:37

How The Electoral College Can Save Us From Trump And Hillary

McMullin Scenario a Last-Ditch Hope for Dismayed Voters Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/441429/evan-mcmullin-president-possibility
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-27, 22:35

Evan McMullin: Why I'm Running For President
As President, there are eight principles I would follow in order to reconcile the demands of leadership with the limits of our power and resources:

1. The president’s personal conduct should exemplify our democratic ideals. The president must demonstrate the honesty and integrity we expect of our leaders while rejecting all forms of bigotry and prejudice.

2. Violating fundamental human rights weakens our country and subverts our leadership. Torture is un-American and so is taking revenge on our enemies’ wives and children.

3. The cost of preparing for war is much less than the cost of fighting one. Our next president must rebuild and modernize the U.S. military; the men and women who risk their lives on our behalf deserve the most advanced technologies and rigorous training available.

4. Strong alliances and partnerships generate security and stability. They deter conflict and reduce the need for the United States to assume the costs and risks of acting alone.

5. Deal with problems before they become full blown crises. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
The great challenge we face today is how to reconcile the imperative of global leadership with the necessity of reining in its costs.

6. Invest in intelligence and diplomacy. These are the early warning systems that help us to understand which problems have the potential to become a crisis.

7. Through peaceful means, promote democracy and human rights. Countries that respect their own citizens are far more likely to become our partners rather than our adversaries.

8. No other country is willing or able to lead decisively on a global scale. We are still the indispensable nation.

These principles embody my solemn pledge to all Americans—but especially our men and women in uniform—that while I will do everything in my power to prevent war, I will also never pretend that inaction is a guarantee of security and peace.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/evan-mcmullin-why-im-running-president-18158?page=2
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-27, 22:56

Too bad he's not running with Darrell Castle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-27, 22:58

Turtleneck wrote:Evan McMullin: Why I'm Running For President
As President, there are eight principles I would follow in order to reconcile the demands of leadership with the limits of our power and resources:

1. The president’s personal conduct should exemplify our democratic ideals. The president must demonstrate the honesty and integrity we expect of our leaders while rejecting all forms of bigotry and prejudice.

2. Violating fundamental human rights weakens our country and subverts our leadership. Torture is un-American and so is taking revenge on our enemies’ wives and children.

3. The cost of preparing for war is much less than the cost of fighting one. Our next president must rebuild and modernize the U.S. military; the men and women who risk their lives on our behalf deserve the most advanced technologies and rigorous training available.

4. Strong alliances and partnerships generate security and stability. They deter conflict and reduce the need for the United States to assume the costs and risks of acting alone.

5. Deal with problems before they become full blown crises. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
The great challenge we face today is how to reconcile the imperative of global leadership with the necessity of reining in its costs.

6. Invest in intelligence and diplomacy. These are the early warning systems that help us to understand which problems have the potential to become a crisis.

7. Through peaceful means, promote democracy and human rights. Countries that respect their own citizens are far more likely to become our partners rather than our adversaries.

8. No other country is willing or able to lead decisively on a global scale. We are still the indispensable nation.

These principles embody my solemn pledge to all Americans—but especially our men and women in uniform—that while I will do everything in my power to prevent war, I will also never pretend that inaction is a guarantee of security and peace.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/evan-mcmullin-why-im-running-president-18158?page=2

I'm cool with the bold shit..but the others...meh.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down