Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Democrats target Republican that lost his wife and daughters -

3 posters

Go down

Democrats target Republican that lost his wife and daughters - Empty Democrats target Republican that lost his wife and daughters -

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:25 pm

in a home invasion attack. It's a bit too far for even Dem leaders.

PLAINVILLE — Flanked by friends, family and supporters on Wednesday morning, Republican state House candidate and Cheshire home invasion survivor William Petit condemned a digital ad funded by a union-based political action group that linked him with Donald Trump's "attack on women and families."

"I'm just flabbergasted and appalled that anyone would stoop this low," Petit, who lost his wife and two daughters in the brutal 2007 attack that garnered national headlines, said at a news conference held in front of his Plainville home.

The ad, paid for by Labor United for Connecticut, is one of several digital ads targeting about a dozen Republican legislative candidates across the state. Campaign finance filings show the group paid $2,112 for online ads against Petit.

Republicans and Democrats alike were quick to rebuke the ad and called for it to be pulled. The top Democrat in the House, Speaker Brendan Sharkey, said it was "horrific and moronic." House Minority Leader Themis Klarides, R-Derby, joined Petit at the press conference.

"We have nightmares that are not as bad as what was his and his family's real life," Klarides said. "To imply that Dr. Petit has a problem with women and families is just despicable."

Political Leaders Blast Ad That Links William Petit To Trump And 'Attack On Women And Families'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Democrats target Republican that lost his wife and daughters - Empty Re: Democrats target Republican that lost his wife and daughters -

Post by Turtleneck Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Not exactly.  My request is that we not define each other using assholes.

Meanwhile, about one hour ago...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Democrats target Republican that lost his wife and daughters - Empty Re: Democrats target Republican that lost his wife and daughters -

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:26 pm

So you're calling your labor union allies assholes?

OK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Goose is as outraged about this as I am about the Cato Institute giving GOP senators a legal opinion that there is nothing to stop them from watching the Supreme Court die off and there is nothing that says the SCOTUS has to have 9 or fewer members?

I think this is as poor form as Winky Sarah Palin publicly approving of photos of pro choice politician with crosshairs on each photo.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 pm

LooseGoose wrote:So you're calling your labor union allies assholes?

OK.

I wish you were half as smart as you think you are.

Funny how one minute you are saying "let's not generalize" and the next starting a thead that says "Democrats...." in the title. How conveniently hypocritical.

You know, calling yourself conservative and supporting Trump kind of makes you a joke. Real conservatives do not support Trump. So maybe go stand over there with LWS, The Dude, and all the other fake conservatives.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:21 am

my thoughts, prayers and gun collection is with that fine family.

and it's my hope that soon Goose can recover from the impact that this story had on his emotions.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down