Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread

+14
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Herbie Green
NigelUno
Stoops21
CheesySpartan
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
Clarett's Folly
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
18 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread  - Page 10 Empty Re: General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-26, 18:28

General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread  - Page 10 CyOZy1lUAAAWvXx

General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread  - Page 10 1f602
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread  - Page 10 Empty Re: General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-26, 18:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Lol Jimbo better get a huge fine

I just saw that. He won't, but he should.

Just a fierce competitor.

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 2h2 hours ago
Talk about a fierce competitor ! Watch: Harbaugh goes off on officials in postgame http://www.thescore.com/news/1166551 (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-11-26, 18:52

Plz don't blow this cover, Minny
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-26, 22:09

Tim Wakefield wrote:https://twitter.com/DrewCHallett/status/802643525422546944

I assume what he saw was different than this.

General Black Friday-Saturday CFB thread  - Page 10 M63PO2A
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-26, 22:49

Watson may have played himself into the Heisman today with Louisville's loss and Jackson's fumble. I think he's accounted for all 7 TDs in some capacity.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-26, 22:50

What about Peppers? Will he get robbed of the Heisman like UM was robbed of a win today?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-26, 22:51

Turtleneck wrote:What about Peppers? Will he get robbed of the Heisman like UM was robbed of a win today?

I think he gave the Heisman pose to some guy after the game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-26, 22:59

I was actually thinking that the Peppers INT today in such a high profile game might hurt his case as the announcers would surely call attention to the fact that it was his first INT ever. Silly me. Don't even think it came up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-11-26, 23:02

Terrible onside try from Utah
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-26, 23:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I was actually thinking that the Peppers INT today in such a high profile game might hurt his case as the announcers would surely call attention to the fact that it was his first INT ever. Silly me. Don't even think it came up.

Is he allowed to touch the football with that VD stuff all over his hands?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-26, 23:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I was actually thinking that the Peppers INT today in such a high profile game might hurt his case as the announcers would surely call attention to the fact that it was his first INT ever. Silly me. Don't even think it came up.

I was stunned to read that. How UM could act like a defensive player with zero career interceptions was a legitimate Heisman candidate is laughable.

Kid was incredibly overrated.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-26, 23:11

There was a decent article on TBL a few weeks back by MSU grad Kyle Koster. I may have linked it elsewhere. In fact I think UM grad and BL writer Ty Duffy backed it also. The gist of it was that the idea of Jabril Peppers was better than the football player Jabril Peppers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-26, 23:12

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I was stunned to read that. How UM could act like a defensive player with zero career interceptions was a legitimate Heisman candidate is laughable.

Kid was incredibly overrated.

Never really paid much attention to him, and prior to today the only UM game I have watched this season is the MSU game.

Saw him take some terrible tackling angels today, and got beat in coverage on a couple of important plays. One game sample is not much, but I felt the same way. Very athletic for sure but not the best player on the field today.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-26, 23:22

There will be a huge presser played on tvs all over the nation where he announces he's coming back and immediately "heisenan front runner" is attached to his name. All the while everybody knows he's staying because consultants told him and Jim he's a fifth round pick this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-26, 23:26

Some legit scouts I follow in Twitter say he's an early first rounder due to his athleticism. He's gone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-26, 23:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There was a decent article on TBL a few weeks back by MSU grad Kyle Koster. I may have linked it elsewhere. In fact I think UM grad and BL writer Ty Duffy backed it also. The gist of it was that the idea of Jabril Peppers was better than the football player Jabril Peppers.

Every punt return of his that I saw this year went the same way; announcers audibly move to the edge of their seats, the stadium collectively draws-in air, anticipation is palpable... Peppers gains between 8 and 10 yards. The amazing is put on hold once again.

He's like Sam McGuffie 2.0.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-26, 23:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Some legit scouts I follow in Twitter say he's an early first rounder due to his athleticism. He's gone.

When was the last time a punt returner went first round?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-26, 23:30

Clarett's Folly wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There was a decent article on TBL a few weeks back by MSU grad Kyle Koster. I may have linked it elsewhere. In fact I think UM grad and BL writer Ty Duffy backed it also. The gist of it was that the idea of Jabril Peppers was better than the football player Jabril Peppers.

Every punt return of his that I saw this year went the same way; announcers audibly move to the edge of their seats, the stadium collectively draws-in air, anticipation is palpable... Peppers gains between 8 and 10 yards. The amazing is put on hold once again.

He's like Sam McGuffie 2.0.

I doubt he is ever going to make the US bobsled team.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-26, 23:39

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Some legit scouts I follow in Twitter say he's an early first rounder due to his athleticism. He's gone.

Desmond Howard went 21 to the Skins.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-26, 23:42

I have a sinking fear that the Lions are going to attempt the ultimate fan service and trade up to take Peppers... And we'll have filled exactly no position of need.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-26, 23:46

Do not ever use We with the Lions CF! Unless you are a Ford. Blasphemous. The Lions are a Them. Always and forever.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-26, 23:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

Desmond Howard went 21 to the Skins.

Desmond could catch a couple balls though
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-26, 23:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Do not ever use We with the Lions CF! Unless you are a Ford. Blasphemous. The Lions are a Them. Always and forever.

My bad.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-27, 00:14

Ty Duffy at the big lead already trying to make a case if Washington or Clemson lose. Saw a tweet advertising how they could get in from TBL. Was less than surprised to see who authored it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-27, 00:18

Some PSU douche on Reddit wrote:

Now that we can reasonably assume that Michigan won't make the playoffs, and therefore not win it all, can we talk about Harbaughs end of season success as a coach?

Harbaugh has been a coach at a major player for a total of 6 years. He has failed to make a National title game in any of those. He has never been in the top-3, but he has been in the top-5(once).

In the pros, he never managed to win a Super Bowl, despite inheriting a roster with *12* probowlers.

I think he is a very good coach, but I think his personal style of tantrums and emotional instability makes him at the very bottom of the "elite" coaching tier, and I wouldn't be shocked if he never won "the big game".
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-27, 00:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ty Duffy at the big lead already trying to make a case if Washington or Clemson lose. Saw a tweet advertising how they could get in from TBL. Was less than surprised to see who authored it.

I think I said that here. I think we'll see that maybe the committee is controlled more by suits than we thought.

Not convinced the loser of um/osu is out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-27, 00:36

Fair. I will definitely cede that Harbs is a very good coach. Last year and this year they passed the eye test, losses or no losses. The Hoke Sugar Bowl team for example... Did not pass the eye test. Were not actually any good at all. That team's fate was far better than it deserved. Could argue that last year and this year's team's fate does not exemplify the quality of the team.

They are going to lose a fuckton next year but I suspect they will still be very competitive. He should leave now. Because fuck him.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-27, 08:11

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ty Duffy at the big lead already trying to make a case if Washington or Clemson lose. Saw a tweet advertising how they could get in from TBL. Was less than surprised to see who authored it.

I think I said that here. I think we'll see that maybe the committee is controlled more by suits than we thought.

The guy who wrote the article WBH is referring to is a UM slappy.

It would have to be an 8 team playoff, for UM to have a shot.

Even if Clemson and Washington lose, the Wisconsin-Penn State winner, the OU-OK State winner, and (maybe) Colorado would get make it before UM.

They aren't getting in. Period.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-27, 08:15

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Even if Clemson and Washington lose, the Wisconsin-Penn State winner, the OU-OK State winner, and (maybe) Colorado would get make it before UM.

Not saying anything till I see you have the witches shoes in your hand after selection Sunday. Then I'll celebrate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-27, 08:23

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Not saying anything till I see you have the witches shoes in your hand after selection Sunday. Then I'll celebrate.

Ding Dong. The witch is dead.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10