Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

+13
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
duffy munn
Death Roe
Dr. Strangelove
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
Blanch32
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant Empty Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

"The Big Ten said in a statement released Monday afternoon that Harbaugh's comments violated a league rule that states the conference "expects all contests involving a member institution to be conducted without compromise to any fundamental element of sportsmanship. Such fundamental elements include integrity of competition, civility toward all, and respect, particularly toward opponents and officials."

"The Big Ten has made a decision," Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel said. "We also consider this matter concluded and will have no further comment."

The last Big Ten football coach to earn a fine for criticizing officials was Nebraska's Bo Pelini in 2013."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant Empty Re: Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:34 pm

That public reprimand is sure going to sting. Suspending him from u of m's next game would be cool.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant Empty Re: Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

Post by Turtleneck Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:35 pm

Jim is not going to like this. Clearly the system is rigged against him and UM.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Remember this moment. It is the first domino.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:47 pm

The oppression continues.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Should've been $33 thousand, or would that have been too obvious?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 pm

I vote for the death penalty.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:31 pm

chump change. well worth the fine
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Blanch32 wrote:chump change. well worth the fine

Less than a month's grocery bill for your squeeze.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:05 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:

I agree 100%.

10k to Harbaugh is like any one of us losers getting hit with a $10 fine. There's no weight or substance behind the fine. I can envision a future scenario whereby Harbaugh continues to say F you to the B1G, gets fined repeatedly, and considers the fines a badge of honor like Howard Stern did when the FCC used to go after him.

Stern's stations didn't like the fines, which is why he jumped to sat radio. I have a feeling the school will grow tired of having to pay Harbro's increasingly expensive fines. Besides, the B1G will move to suspensions if the public criticisms continue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:06 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:

I agree 100%.

10k to Harbaugh is like any one of us losers getting hit with a $10 fine. There's no weight or substance behind the fine. I can envision a future scenario whereby Harbaugh continues to say F you to the B1G, gets fined repeatedly, and considers the fines a badge of honor like Howard Stern did when the FCC used to go after him.

Speak for your poor ass self.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Woody Hayes got a public reprimand and then slugged a player.

It's deja vu all over again.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:29 pm

I just feel so bad for Drake Harris. So, so bad.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:35 pm

NigelUno wrote:Woody Hayes got a public reprimand and then slugged a player.

Harbs is totally gonna punch a kid sooner or later.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Woody Hayes got a public reprimand and then slugged a player.

I think an opposing player is more apt to punch him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Expect a full on satellite camp ramp up. A full on middle finger to the B1G and the NCAA. It'll be a constant back and forth between the two. And eventually Pants will burn out.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:10 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:

I agree 100%.

this. wish dantonio had the sack. we would of had t least 2 more wins against nebraska. fuck thar wolverine secondary ref!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:12 pm

Dude finishes third in the division (again) and we're supposed to care?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:25 pm

"We're getting ready to send a STRONGLY WORDED letter to the Big Ten office, just like 2011 after Gholston almost ripped Taylor Lewan's head off."
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

I agree 100%.

this. wish dantonio had the sack. we would of had t least 2 more wins against nebraska. fuck thar wolverine secondary ref!

Idiot. Harbaugh comes off as a complete and total jackass. Which he is.

Someone should tell him to not get an unsportsman like conduct penalty which fucked his team. To tell his offense to get more than 5 yards in the 4th quarter. To call a god damn time out. The refs didn't cost U of M the game, Harbaugh did.

Coach D has far too much class to spaz out at a press conference.

Not surprised your dumb ass sides with a mentally challenged fuck stick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:43 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Someone should tell him to not get an unsportsman like conduct penalty which fucked his team. To tell his offense to get more than 5 yards in the 4th quarter. To call a god damn time out. The refs didn't cost U of M the game, Harbaugh did.

Speaking of idiots, I always thought fuck stick was one (compound) word. Oh, dopey me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:58 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Muffy, if harbs implodes next year, you'll be right. but year 2 is usually a step back, and he's got them in the top 10, with a likely top 5 finish. it's working and you know it....at leaet that's what you tell me about izzo when he does the same
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:04 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant 3775540924
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Muffy, if harbs implodes next year, you'll be right. but year 2 is usually a step back, and he's got them in the top 10, with a likely top 5 finish. it's working and you know it....at leaet that's what you tell me about izzo when he does the same

How will his childish tantrum help him win football games?

When Izzo loses, he normally blames himself and credits the other team. Please link a post game presser where Izzo melts down and blames the refs.

Harbaugh is a lunatic. His act will wear thin and his career will go up in flames.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Speaking of idiots, I always thought fuck stick was one (compound) word. Oh, dopey me.

My bad. Let me use it in a sentence: Jim Harbaugh is a fuckstick.

Or: blanch bangs an enormous fuckstick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

When Izzo loses, he normally blames himself and credits the other team. Please link a post game presser where Izzo melts down and blames the refs.

Harbaugh is a lunatic. His act will wear thin and his career will go up in flames.

Why is everyone so convinced of this? In fact, based on what I've read online today (I freely admit that I don't listen to sports radio or watch daytime ESPN programming) but the general consensus is that a lot of commentators and pundits actually (generally) agree with Harbaugh. He's smart enough to manipulate the media, use it to his advantage, energize his base, and exploit everything to his full advantage. He's the closest sports figure most comparable to Donald Trump, who just defied all expectations and won the election. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

He's going to implode on the sideline. He will punch a ref and go out like Woody Hayes. The guy is unstable.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:23 am

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Or Izzo blames it on injuries, fatigue or scheduling. I agree it is a step above blaming refs but that act has got old.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Why is everyone so convinced of this? In fact, based on what I've read online today (I freely admit that I don't listen to sports radio or watch daytime ESPN programming) but the general consensus is that a lot of commentators and pundits actually (generally) agree with Harbaugh. He's smart enough to manipulate the media, use it to his advantage, energize his base, and exploit everything to his full advantage. He's the closest sports figure most comparable to Donald Trump, who just defied all expectations and won the election. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

this. muffy is a simpleton.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 am

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Or Izzo blames it on injuries, fatigue or scheduling. I agree it is a step above blaming refs but that act has got old.

didnt izzo complain about the refs twice already this year?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:55 am

wow - I'd hate to see how he would react if UM went 3-9.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:20 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

I think an opposing player is more apt to punch him.

I'll sign up to punch him.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 am

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Please, tonight while chewing meat, take a sudden deep breath. Thanks in advance.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:23 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Spoke to a friend that is a scum fan tonight. He said, and I quote: "I still love Harbaugh, but he doesn't make good decisions in big games."

The finish is definitely coming off the paint.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:36 am

Blanch32 wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

I agree 100%.

If Dantonio called the same game harbaugh did you'd have started 4 threads on it criticising him. Fact.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:45 am

I think a lot of MSU fans, including myself, wished Dantonio had thrown fits at officials during games. It seemed like we kept getting hosed taking the high road while Harbaugh's tactics were working.
But it looks like it backfired in the end as the Big Ten got tired of his act. They must have even had discussions before the game for him to get T'd up like that.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 am

Herbie Green wrote:I think a lot of MSU fans, including myself, wished Dantonio had thrown fits at officials during games. It seemed like we kept getting hosed taking the high road while Harbaugh's tactics were working.
But it looks like it backfired in the end as the Big Ten got tired of his act. They must have even had discussions before the game for him to get T'd up like that.

He snapped on the sideline to get the penalty.

He is the loosest of loose cannons. It has never worked and never will.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:31 am

Herbie Green wrote:I think a lot of MSU fans, including myself, wished Dantonio had thrown fits at officials during games. It seemed like we kept getting hosed taking the high road while Harbaugh's tactics were working.

Agreed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:39 am

duffy munn wrote:My bad. Let me use it in a sentence: Jim Harbaugh is a fuckstick.

Or: blanch bangs an enormous fuckstick.

Wouldn't that make her a fucklog?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 am

duffy munn wrote:

Do you think most other coaches would have got a penalty for that? I viewed it like Draymond or Rodman getting a technical based on reputation.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:47 am

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Do you think most other coaches would have got a penalty for that?  I viewed it like Draymond or Rodman getting a technical based on reputation.

You act like a dipshit long enough and there are going to be consequences. You should be well aware of that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next