Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

+13
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
duffy munn
Death Roe
Dr. Strangelove
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
Blanch32
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

Post by NigelUno Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 9:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Do you think most other coaches would have got a penalty for that?  I viewed it like Draymond or Rodman getting a technical based on reputation.

You act like a dipshit long enough and there are going to be consequences. You should be well aware of that.

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant - Page 2 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant

Post by Herbie Green Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 9:50

Blanch32 wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Or Izzo blames it on injuries, fatigue or scheduling. I agree it is a step above blaming refs but that act has got old.

didnt izzo complain about the refs twice already this year?

He did lose his mind and get a technical throwing a tantrum over a traveling violation last week.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 9:55

Herbie Green wrote:I think a lot of MSU fans, including myself, wished Dantonio had thrown fits at officials during games. It seemed like we kept getting hosed taking the high road while Harbaugh's tactics were working.
But it looks like it backfired in the end as the Big Ten got tired of his act. They must have even had discussions before the game for him to get T'd up like that.

yes by ohio refs. tell me they arent bias at all....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 9:59

Blanch32 wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I think a lot of MSU fans, including myself, wished Dantonio had thrown fits at officials during games.  It seemed like we kept getting hosed taking the high road while Harbaugh's tactics were working.
But it looks like it backfired in the end as the Big Ten got tired of his act.  They must have even had discussions before the game for him to get T'd up like that.

yes by ohio refs.  tell me they arent bias at all....

What's your Mgoblog handle? Or do you share Herbie's?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 10:22

Sign me up on the side that doesn't want Dantonio to act like Harbaugh on the sidelines. The guy is one of the faces of the University, like it or not and obviously the face of the program.

To act like a child throwing a temper tantrum is not the look I want a coach to portray. He keeps winning, it won't matter, but look at Brian Kelly...
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 10:33

it warms my heart to see my fellow Spartans so concerned with the behavior of the UM coach.

Big Ten fines U-M $10K, reprimands Jim Harbaugh for postgame rant - Page 2 685334576
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 10:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sign me up on the side that doesn't want Dantonio to act like Harbaugh on the sidelines. The guy is one of the faces of the University, like it or not and obviously the face of the program.

To act like a child throwing a temper tantrum is not the look I want a coach to portray. He keeps winning, it won't matter, but look at Brian Kelly...

I'm with you on this.  But take the ND game in 13 for example. At some point, after the fourth insane P.I. call, you have to start saying WTF?  To the ref toi protect your kids.  Never like Harbaough ever play, but once in a while you just have to pick your spot and say enough.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 10:52

Herbie Green wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

He snapped on the sideline to get the penalty.

He is the loosest of loose cannons. It has never worked and never will.

Do you think most other coaches would have got a penalty for that? I viewed it like Draymond or Rodman getting a technical based on reputation.

It looked to me like he was warned earlier in the game and told to get back into the box.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 10:53

Blanch32 wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I think a lot of MSU fans, including myself, wished Dantonio had thrown fits at officials during games. It seemed like we kept getting hosed taking the high road while Harbaugh's tactics were working.
But it looks like it backfired in the end as the Big Ten got tired of his act. They must have even had discussions before the game for him to get T'd up like that.

Looks like we've identified another scUM fanboy!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 12:19

kingstonlake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Looks like we've identified another scUM fanboy!

lol. you are definitely a hilary voter!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 13:46

UMs fans on sports talk actually said Harbaugh knew the only way UM can get into the playoffs is for him to make it appear the refs cheated his team, etc.

Yeah, a third place team in their own division is making the playoffs. Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 13:47

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sign me up on the side that doesn't want Dantonio to act like Harbaugh on the sidelines. The guy is one of the faces of the University, like it or not and obviously the face of the program.

I'm with you on this.  But take the ND game in 13 for example. At some point, after the fourth insane P.I. call, you have to start saying WTF?  To the ref toi protect your kids.  Never like Harbaough ever play, but once in a while you just have to pick your spot and say enough.

Sorry, but the refs arent why MSU lost to ND in 13. Just like they werent the reason UM lost to OSU.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:00

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sorry, but the refs arent why MSU lost to ND in 13. Just like they werent the reason UM lost to OSU.

maxwell then?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:16

Blanch32 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Sorry, but the refs arent why MSU lost to ND in 13.  Just like they werent the reason UM lost to OSU.

maxwell then?

Close, just inept offense and some bad coaching in crucial spots.

Dantonio had two massive blunders: Pulling Cook and having J Lang throw a halfback pass that got picked when we were running it down their throats.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 15:00

The_Dude wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

maxwell then?

Close, just inept offense and some bad coaching in crucial spots.

Dantonio had two massive blunders: Pulling Cook and having J Lang throw a halfback pass that got picked when we were running it down their throats.

and th3 officials had 4, so i still say refs
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:24

OSU is in and they are the exception to the weighted credit the NCAA gives conference champs. There is no way in hell they would put the team who lost to the exception, finished third in their division, and lost two of their last three games.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2