Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Carrier, now Ford?

+6
Cameron
AnomanderRake
DWags
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
TheReal_LWS
10 posters

Go down

First Carrier, now Ford? Empty First Carrier, now Ford?

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-03, 00:09

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-02/ford-open-to-making-deals-with-trump-on-keeping-jobs-ceo-says

cheers

I think you libs are going to be miserable for the next 8 years. What's good for America is bad for you! lol!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

First Carrier, now Ford? Empty Re: First Carrier, now Ford?

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-03, 00:20

I think you've exposed yourself as a hypocrite if you think picking winners and losers is the free market conservatives have been talking about for years.

$7M for 800 jobs for 10 years.
Where do states come up with the tax giveaways to do that for 800,000 more jobs?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-03, 00:21

GRR Spartan wrote:I think you've exposed yourself as a hypocrite if you think picking winners and losers is the free market conservatives have been talking about for years.

$7M for 800 jobs for 10 years.
Where do states come up with the tax giveaways to do that for 800,000 more jobs?

ROFL Obama's butt puppet press secretary said the same thing almost word for word..........
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-03, 00:39

You are a simpleton.

Maybe your brain got scrambled while you were ill and that would be too bad.

There was a time not that long ago when your conservative heros in DC like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel would have gone crazy if Obama would have cut the same deal Pence just cut with Trump taking credit.

The 2000 jobs morphed into 1100 jobs saved which become 800 jobs since the 300 engineering and management were not going to be going to Mexico but to another US location.

Ask again where are US states going come up with the cash to do that for 800,000 more times.

Any company including Ford will be fools not to start negotiating with Trump. He's shown he's willing to give them chunks of cash if they only ship 900 jobs to Mexico.

Lets play Trump makes a deal with Ford.
Mark Fields has already committed over $1.5B to build a new assembly plant in Hermosa Mexico and will shift CMax and Focus production to be near their plant that already is making the Fusion for the US market.

At the same time Ford has already committed $4.5B for hybrid and electric car production. So Fields calls Trump and says we need help for our new production or we'll have to shift 2000 jobs to our Mexican plants. Trump working with whatever governor gives Ford $10M and "saves" 1000 jobs.

Ford may not have needed or planned on the additional funds but if Trump is giving it away, Ford and others are going to see easy money.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-03, 01:01

GRR Spartan wrote:You are a simpleton.

Maybe your brain got scrambled while you were ill and that would be too bad.

There was a time not that long ago when your conservative heros in DC like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel would have gone crazy if Obama would have cut the same deal Pence just cut with Trump taking credit.

The 2000 jobs morphed into 1100 jobs saved which become 800 jobs since the 300 engineering and management were not going to be going to Mexico but to another US location.

Ask again where are US states going come up with the cash to do that for 800,000 more times.

Any company including Ford will be fools not to start negotiating with Trump. He's shown he's willing to give them chunks of cash if they only ship 900 jobs to Mexico.

Lets play Trump makes a deal with Ford.
Mark Fields has already committed over $1.5B to build a new assembly plant in Hermosa Mexico and will shift CMax and Focus production to be near their plant that already is making the Fusion for the US market.

At the same time Ford has already committed $4.5B for hybrid and electric car production. So Fields calls Trump and says we need help for our new production or we'll have to shift 2000 jobs to our Mexican plants. Trump working with whatever governor gives Ford $10M and "saves" 1000 jobs.

Ford may not have needed or planned on the additional funds but if Trump is giving it away, Ford and others are going to see easy money.

So you regurgitate what you've heard from your liberal heroes, and then go right to the personal attacks when called out on it............
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-03, 02:02

You think it's a game.
I think Trump's Lets Make a Deal policy runs counter to what nearly all "conservatives" have been preaching for the last 37 years.

I don't care what Pence does dolling out IN funds to Carrier to keep 800 jobs. What's happening to the other 900 production workers?

Did Ford extract money from Kentucky to keep Lincoln production at the same plant that can't build enough Escapes?

You think its a game. I don't think games can have zero sum gains.

I firmly believe if President Obama or President elect Clinton had gone to Carrier and threatened them or implied a threat about their planned exit to Mexico that Governor Pence would have sat on his hands and done nothing.

Pences actions were all about the R behind the next President's name.

Its not complicated. I am waiting for you to tell me how IN and other states will come up with the $700M to "save" the other 800,000 high wage manufacturing jobs that are reportedly going off shorein the next few years?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-03, 06:07

TheReal_LWS wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-02/ford-open-to-making-deals-with-trump-on-keeping-jobs-ceo-says

cheers

I think you libs are going to be miserable for the next 8 years. What's good for America is bad for you! lol!

Bernie Sanders was right, every corporation figured out they would be rewarded for offshoring jobs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-03, 11:36

700 Auto jobs retained for Michigan....

Ford cancels Mexico plant. Will create 700 U.S. jobs in 'vote of confidence' in Trump
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-03, 11:51

Trump also tweeted GM better stop making the Cruze in Mexico. They were so scared of the tweet they kept making them in ohio. Like they always have. Trump wins again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-03, 13:12

DWags wrote:Trump also tweeted GM better stop making the Cruze in Mexico. They were so scared of the tweet they kept making them in ohio. Like they always have. Trump wins again.

It's one goddamned miracle after another. Are you a believer yet Wags?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-03, 13:58

On one hand I appreciate that jobs are staying in the US. On the other hand, I don't really agree with the methods being used to keep them here.

Would be interesting to read a conservative's perspective on Trump's tactics regarding Ford/GM and Carrier etc.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-03, 14:15

AnomanderRake wrote:On one hand I appreciate that jobs are staying in the US. On the other hand, I don't really agree with the methods being used to keep them here.

Would be interesting to read a conservative's perspective on Trump's tactics regarding Ford/GM and Carrier etc.
If this place is any indication, the conservative perspective begins and ends with "we won, you lost, suck it dry."
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-03, 14:21

A miracle would be bringing all Fusion and Focus production back to the US from the assembly plant in Hermosilla and put the $1.1B engine plant planned for Chihuahua MX stateside.  

But I'm happy there will be 700 more people on the payroll and $700M spent in the US in MI.  Any word on what those 700 jobs will be costing MI in tax abatements and waivers on equipment purchases.

Aren't you free market people bothered by the abuse of executive power when Trump isn't the executive yet? Or is government interference by the GOP acceptable ?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-03, 14:44

GRR Spartan wrote:A miracle would be bringing all Fusion and Focus production back to the US from the assembly plant in Hermosilla and put the $1.1B engine plant planned for Chihuahua MX stateside.  

But I'm happy there will be 700 more people on the payroll and $700M spent in the US in MI.  Any word on what those 700 jobs will be costing MI in tax abatements and waivers on equipment purchases.

Aren't you free market people bothered by the abuse of executive power when Trump isn't the executive yet? Or is government interference by the GOP acceptable ?

How can he abuse executive power if he doesn't have it yet?!?! Make some sense man!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-04, 13:15

Never thought Id see the day when Dems are actively fighting against saving average Joe American jobs...no wonder they lost the union vote and the MidWest. Dems have abandoned the American worker, and Trump is filling the void, with aces!

I mean, Ford is investing 700 mil in MI...and Dems are saying thats its a bad thing. First Carrier, now Ford? 1966794946

Do Dems really thing this is a winning strategy for the mid terms or to win back the WH?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-04, 13:16

GRR Spartan wrote:A miracle would be bringing all Fusion and Focus production back to the US from the assembly plant in Hermosilla and put the $1.1B engine plant planned for Chihuahua MX stateside.  

Since when is Trump a conservative?

And since when do Dems complain about the government saving American jobs?

Trump fucking owns you clowns, holy fuck. Lol
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-04, 18:11

Cameron wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:On one hand I appreciate that jobs are staying in the US. On the other hand, I don't really agree with the methods being used to keep them here.

If this place is any indication, the conservative perspective begins and ends with "we won, you lost, suck it dry."

Conservatives are simply enjoying throwing Obama's words from 2009 back at him and the Dems. That was his response when the R's asked for some input on the "Stimulus" (porkulus) bill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-04, 18:14

Cameron wrote:

This is the viewpoint of the Dem left wing:

Slow the Senate to a standstill, let NOTHING through

So Democrats in Congress must act to represent that nullified American majority, and the best way it can do that is by halting all work. Just bring it in to a standstill. Pass continuing budget resolutions to keep the government running, but otherwise make sure that not a shred of Trump’s agenda, or that of the undemocratic GOP majority makes it through.

Filibuster everything, as long as the GOP majority allow it. Deny the use of unanimous consent to waive the rules for things like the post-cloture 30-hour period. And deny it for EVERYTHING, even the most routine of Senate business. Grind that f-er to a halt.

How many executive positions require Senate confirmation? It’s between 1,200-1,400. None of that gets through this Senate with unanimous consent. The Supreme Court nominee? Keep it open for all four years.

What was obstructionism for the last 8 years will now be patriotic opposition. Watch the press.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-05, 08:32

Your boy will be in The White House. Your boy is the gvernor of MI. The people you voted for are the majority in Congress, the MI Legislature and Oscoda County.

Things are just as you have wanted them to be for at least 8 years and the evil press doesn't matter.

Look at the way Trump's bestie Putin handles the media. "Conservatives" have nothing to worry about.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-05, 09:48

GRR Spartan wrote:Your boy will be in The White House. Your boy is the gvernor of MI. The people you voted for are the majority in Congress, the MI Legislature and Oscoda County.

Things are just as you have wanted them to be for at least 8 years and the evil press doesn't matter.

Look at the way Trump's bestie Putin handles the media. "Conservatives" have nothing to worry about.

And Oscoda Country runs a surplus every year. Strange how that happens.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-05, 10:20

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Your boy will be in The White House. Your boy is the gvernor of MI. The people you voted for are the majority in Congress, the MI Legislature and Oscoda County.

By way of comparison, check out Wayne County's financials.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-06, 04:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Conservatives are simply enjoying throwing Obama's words from 2009 back at him and the Dems.   That was his response when the R's asked for some input on the "Stimulus" (porkulus) bill.
And liberals will enjoy throwing GOP tactics in the house/senate back at the republicans (as you described and criticized in your very next post, seemingly without irony). See how little progress we make when people behave that way?

If people took a step back and really looked at things, one would hope that they would see how childish and petty this behavior is. But people don't. Even good people who make pies and have genuinely interesting things to say. It makes me sad.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-06, 06:01

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Conservatives are simply enjoying throwing Obama's words from 2009 back at him and the Dems.   That was his response when the R's asked for some input on the "Stimulus" (porkulus) bill.
And liberals will enjoy throwing GOP tactics in the house/senate back at the republicans (as you described and criticized in your very next post, seemingly without irony). See how little progress we make when people behave that way?

If people took a step back and really looked at things, one would hope that they would see how childish and petty this behavior is. But people don't. Even good people who make pies and have genuinely interesting things to say. It makes me sad.

Won't matter. Harry Reid invoked the nuclear option to ramrod Obamacare through. Republicans will follow suit. The filibuster is dead.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-01-06, 07:57

LooseGoose wrote:

You live in Oscoda Country, now this all makes. I have a couple of cottages up in the area. Great spot.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-08, 20:55

And now Fiat/Dodge.

Fiat to invest $1 billion in Michigan, Ohio plants, create 2000 jobs

FCA, the U.S. arm of automaker Fiat-Chrysler, announced on Sunday that it would invest a total $1 billion in plants in Michigan and Ohio, which will add 2000 new jobs in the United States.

The announcement, in what the company said was the second phase of a plan it first made public a year ago, came days after Ford Motor Company decided to scrap a plan to build a facility in Mexico, instead opting to invest in a plant in Michigan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-09, 14:49

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Your boy will be in The White House.  Your boy is the gvernor of MI.  The people you voted for are the majority in Congress, the MI Legislature and Oscoda  County.

Look at the way Trump's bestie Putin handles the media.    "Conservatives" have nothing to worry about.

And Oscoda Country runs a surplus every year.   Strange how that happens.

Dodge Dip Dive Duck and Dodge again Goose.  

Oscoda County has lost 4% of its population from 2010 to 2015.  
8200 population 26% of the population is 65 and over.  
That's a lot of folks on the Federal dole.  Based on state funds per resident and  average income it looks like you are living amongst a lot of takers the conservatives rant about.

You boy won.  Abortion will end.  What ever it took.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-09, 14:51

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

And Oscoda Country runs a surplus every year.   Strange how that happens.

That's a lot of folks on the Federal dole.  Based on state funds per resident and  average income it looks like you are living amongst a lot of takers the conservatives rant about.

UNHINGED
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-09, 14:55

TheReal_LWS wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

UNHINGED

GRR is still in denial the Republicans now represent working Americans and Democrats have become the party of corporate cronyism and the elite.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-09, 14:59

I moved back to Michigan because there weren't as many people here. I prefer peace and quiet. Maybe I'll move to Marquette or more preferable, Munising.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-09, 15:04

xsanguine wrote:I moved back to Michigan because there weren't as many people here. I prefer peace and quiet. Maybe I'll move to Marquette or more preferable, Munising.

The hiking trails in the Pictured Rocks National Park are fantastic.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-09, 15:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I moved back to Michigan because there weren't as many people here. I prefer peace and quiet. Maybe I'll move to Marquette or more preferable, Munising.

The hiking trails in the Pictured Rocks National Park are fantastic.

It's a beautiful state. Pictured Rocks is awesome. Ever checked out the McCormick wilderness (west of Marquette)? That's the next one of my list for this summer. Rock River wilderness near Au Train was pretty cool... and despite being a relatively smaller area, appears not to be visited by humans very often,.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down