Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election

+8
AnomanderRake
Cameron
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Article How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-14, 13:48

How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election

I know we have other post-election dissection threads, but this one deserves it's own.

Clinton camp balks at SEIU's plan to abandon IA and reroute efforts to MI in the waning days, ordering them to stay in IA to "fool" Trump into competing there.

Flip Michigan and leave the rest of the map, and Trump is still president-elect. But to people who worked in that state and others, how Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8 million votes and lost by 100,000 in states that could have made her president has everything to do with what happened in Michigan. Trump won the state despite getting 30,000 fewer votes than George W. Bush did when he lost it in 2004.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Article Re: How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-14, 13:50

I'd say once the Russian hacking took hold, combined with the incessant support the mainstream media provided Trump, it was an uphill battle for Hillary.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-14, 13:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd say once the Russian hacking took hold, combined with the incessant support the mainstream media provided Trump, it was an uphill battle for Hillary.

Yet, if you believe the testimony in the Politico piece, she lost the battle by not having her feet, or surrogates feet, on the ground in the right places in Michigan in front of the right audiences.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-12-14, 13:55

Less votes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-14, 13:57

Of course it was rigged since Hillary didn't win.

Also, mainstream media supporting Trump? You serious, Clark?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-14, 14:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd say once the Russian hacking took hold, combined with the incessant support the mainstream media provided Trump, it was an uphill battle for Hillary.

Yet, if you believe the testimony in the Politico piece, she lost the battle by not having her feet, or surrogates feet, on the ground in the right places in Michigan in front of the right audiences.
of course, in retrospect, strategies are to be questioned.. but when you have a Russian government, the United States government and the mainstream media in collusion for Trump, it's going to be difficult to win no matter the strategy.

basically, and I know the whiny Trump folks don't want to hear this, she lost the election by less than 100,000 votes in PA, MI and WI... their insistence that it was some sort of monumental shift in the political landscape falls in line with the Fake News that they and the mainstream media have been promoting all along.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-14, 14:15

The constant drum beat of nearly daily leaked documents gained by hacking solidified Trump's base along with reinforcing the accusations of "lyin' Hillary".

But there was no excuse for the Clinton campaign to be smug ignoring reports by others with feet on the ground folks because it wasn't coming from the right people.  

Too many people worrying about getting a room in the DC area and what to wear to what inaugaration ball in January did it. They did that rather than looking at numbers and realizing in they needed at least 3000 more votes from precincts in Kent County, another1000 more from Kalamazoo, Genesee and Saginaw plus 6000 more from Wayne and Washtenaw. Really needed to get at least 90% of the vote count in precincts Obama won handily in 2012

Same goes for Clinton campaign offices in PA, WI and even FL.  They all had the offices, the financing, paid staffers and volunteers unfortunately they all had more than enough arrogance to lose as well.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-14, 15:00

GRR Spartan wrote:The constant drum beat of nearly daily leaked documents gained by hacking solidified Trump's base along with reinforcing the accusations of "lyin' Hillary".

Actually, it wasnt hacking.

They were leaked by someone at the DNC.  

But, I get it.  Its easier to blame mysterious outside forces.

I can only hope the Dems continue to do that and become increasingly out of touch with average Americans.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-14, 16:44

The 'Deplorable' comment did waaay more damage than any emails. Dems still saying voters were 'duped', as in they weren't smart enough to figure out what sort of candidate Hills was for the last 20 some years.
Being arrogant and pompous doesn't fly in flyover country. If they don't change their tune soon, the Democrats will be only a regional party (if they aren't already )
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-14, 17:23

I loved the deplorable comment. I wish she had whipped out her dick and doubled down on it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-14, 18:28

yea, totally just your opinion.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-14, 18:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

of course, in retrospect, strategies are to be questioned.. but when you have a Russian government, the United States government and the mainstream media in collusion for Trump, it's going to be difficult to win no matter the strategy.

basically, and I know the whiny Trump folks don't want to hear this, she lost the election by less than 100,000 votes in PA, MI and WI... their insistence that it was some sort of monumental shift in the political landscape falls in line with the Fake News that they and the mainstream media have been promoting all along.

again, just your non bitter and objective opinion. lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-14, 18:30

Rocinante wrote:I loved the deplorable comment. I wish she had whipped out her dick and doubled down on it.
How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election 502811600 That might have helped her.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-14, 19:34

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:of course, in retrospect, strategies are to be questioned.. but when you have a Russian government, the United States government and the mainstream media in collusion for Trump, it's going to be difficult to win no matter the strategy.

again, just your non bitter and objective opinion. lol

Yeah I've never seen anyone as bitter and angry as Bob. That dude needs help.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-14, 19:36

I.B. Fine wrote:The 'Deplorable' comment did waaay more damage than any emails. Dems still saying voters were 'duped', as in they weren't smart enough to figure out what sort of candidate Hills was for the last 20 some years.
Being arrogant and pompous doesn't fly in flyover country. If they don't change their tune soon, the Democrats will be only a regional party (if they aren't already )

The left has become too radical and out of touch for average Americans. Until they can come back to the middle they will lose.

These voters in the Midwest aren't voting Dem in 4 years. Not after trump is actively fighting for them. Actions are louder than words. Libs haven't figured that out yet.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-14, 19:54

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I loved the deplorable comment. I wish she had whipped out her dick and doubled down on it.
How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election 502811600 That might have helped her.

I mean, her having a spine and telling the truth about who those people are would have.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-14, 21:04

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I mean, her having a spine and telling the truth about who those people are would have.
Her problem was she had no clue who "those people" are and still doesn't.
Must have been the Russians, or Comey or, or, or anything but the reality that, aside from the coasts, not many people like her.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-15, 07:57

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

agree completely.

that was the first time I actually got excited about voting for Hillary - was her truthful "deplorable" comment. The only problems I had with it was:

a) of course, the mainstream media lit into her about and she walked it back..

and,

b) I think she only said about 50% of Trump supporters were "deplorable" when I suspect it was closer to 85-90%
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-15, 08:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

agree completely.

that was the first time I actually got excited about voting for Hillary - was her truthful "deplorable" comment. The only problems I had with it was:

a) of course, the mainstream media lit into her about and she walked it back..

and,

b) I think she only said about 50% of Trump supporters were "deplorable" when I suspect it was closer to 85-90%

Bob totally shares dems sheer arrogance.

the article is the very definition of pride comes vefore the fall
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-15, 09:06

republicans suddenly wanting people to be politically correct and to not hurt their feelings.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-15, 09:18

She lost despite all the efforts on her behalf Wink
Too many votes in 37% of Detroit’s precincts
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-12-15, 09:26

Guys?

She lost because she got less votes.

I said that already.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-12-15, 09:27

I.B. Fine wrote:She lost despite all the efforts on her behalf Wink
Sounds like MI needs to get a voter ID law on the books quick. Wait...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-15, 10:46

Cameron wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:She lost despite all the efforts on her behalf Wink

No one ever needs voter ID laws because vote fraud never happens.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-15, 10:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

if it keeps the colored people from voting, I'm all for voter ID laws.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-15, 11:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

if it keeps the colored people from voting, I'm all for voter ID laws.

No surprise that you would downplay fraud since it benefits your team.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-15, 11:09

Its great seeing the complete destruction of the Democratic party.

And the best thing? Polls have already shown that the 3 most popular Dems to run in 2020 are all old as fuck white people! Biden Bernie, Warren. How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election 1966794946
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-12-15, 15:08

The_Dude wrote:Its great seeing the complete destruction of the Democratic party.

And the best thing? Polls have already shown that the 3 most popular Dems to run in 2020 are all old as fuck white people! Biden Bernie, Warren. How Clinton lost Michigan — and blew the election 1966794946

You're delusional if you think people are going to be clamoring for 4 more years of Trump. This election will reinvigorate the democratic base and in 4 years all the democrats will have to do is put forth a somewhat competent candidate and the white house will turn over again.

Ironically, I think the democrats might actually struggle to put forth a competent candidate because let's be honest, both parties have been trying to shovel shit down our throats for years now.

On another note, someone mentioned above that the democratic party has to return to the center to win back voters. I would argue that they need to do the exact opposite. The democratic party and republican party are both filled with corporate puppets and Americans are realizing that. The election of Trump this year showed that many Americans want an anti-establishment candidate/party and if they don't get a candidate they like, they might just stay home.

I personally was much more excited to vote for a real progressive candidate like Bernie, but reluctantly cast my vote for the establishment candidate Hillary. I think every year we continue this charade, more voters will be lost by attrition until the parties begin shifting to mobilize more voters again. Now it's a question of how long that will take and how bad things will get before it happens.

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-15, 15:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

How Bob sees black people
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-15, 15:36

Trying to talk meaningfully with you is like banging my head against a brick wall, Goose. Stop feeding Bob the troll and using dumb click bait and fucking think.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-15, 15:50

Actually, the reason Clinton lost Michigan is because Wayne County and Detroit underestimated the number of votes they'd have to manufacture to ensure a Clinton win, as we are now seeing thanks to Jill Stein's recount effort that has proven widespread Democratic vote fraud.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-15, 15:50

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How Bob sees black people

Std LibThink = all others are stupid and need Libs to rescue them from their own incompetence and ignorance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-15, 19:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

A recount is a waste of tax payer dollars.

Now its See! See!
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-15, 20:30

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Now its See! See!

Unintended consequences.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-15, 21:27

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Now its See! See!

Unintended consequences.

I see it as consequences we should all be happy to have occured. The poor ballot security found regardless of how or why it was found was a good for Wayne County and several precints in Macomb also had ballot issues.

The recount will hopefully get every county clerk to review their procedures.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-15, 21:41

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Unintended consequences.

I see it as consequences we should all be happy to have occured. The poor ballot security found regardless of how or why it was found was a good for Wayne County and several precints in Macomb also had ballot issues.

The recount will hopefully get every county clerk to review their procedures.

in order to stuff ballots for dems??
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-15, 23:06

Buh bye Blanch
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-16, 08:01

GRR Spartan wrote:Buh bye Blanch

libs still so angry! lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-16, 08:03

Blanch32 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Buh bye Blanch

libs still so angry! lol

lol!

Truth. Their butt hurt is strong.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-16, 09:17

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

libs still so angry! lol

lol!

Truth. Their butt hurt is strong.

Why are you choosing to post like this?
A return to your former trolling self?

Trump won MI.  
Clinton had more campaign offices, more full time paid staffers and more volunteers under the direction of those staffers.  

But by election day all that money and all those advantages couldn't get 30,000 more people who voted for President Obama twice to vote in 2016.

You want to join a couple of other posters who do nothing but troll go ahead. Its your right to do so.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next