Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+45
Tim Wakefield
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
loogoldham
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Death Roe
Nordic
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
SpartanJD01
MSU addict
Banks2Mason
aualum06
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
Bob Lee Swagger
Blaine Fabin
Wally Fairway
CampbellHall
Frank Drebin
Steve81
CaptainSlow33
msugolfguy
duffy munn
CheesySpartan
MiamiSpartan
Izzo Court
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
NigelUno
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
49 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 6 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Nordic 2016-12-22, 11:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I would like to see a timeline of where all he worked and when as well.  As well as who he reports to and has contact with at MSU. He worked for MSU and USGA. If I'm not mistaken he also did work with a gym in Lansing where my daughter has competed at. So far the details are pretty sketchy.

It's pretty early in the game to call for mass firings. We need to find out who quashed her reports and hold them accountable. Fire them, indite them. Whatever is the norm in cases like this. This shit is not to be tolerated one bit.

Agree 100%. Not enough info right now, which is why I ignored gHost's question re: Hollis.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 6 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by DWags 2016-12-22, 12:54

Lost in the chaos from last night I think I'm fairly certain this guy is guilty of some heinous shit. Especially after the FBI stuff. I get he will have his day in court and he deserves it. If I'm wrong about him I apologize. I fear he's messed with way more people than is being reported.

What it comes down to for me is what did MSU know and when did they know it? ( borrowing a watergate line) I really want to know if anyone in a position of power be it coach trainer or administrator actively discouraged anyone from reporting anything they felt uncomfortable with. Also, why did we fire him in September? We didn't hear anything as to why USA gymnastics got rid of him and investigate that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-22, 13:03

DWags wrote:Lost in the chaos from last night I think I'm fairly certain this guy is guilty of some heinous shit. Especially after the FBI stuff. I get he will have his day in court and he deserves it. If I'm wrong about him I apologize. I fear he's messed with way more people than is being reported.

What it comes down to for me is what did MSU know and when did they know it? ( borrowing a watergate line) I really want to know if anyone in a position of power be it coach trainer or administrator actively discouraged anyone from reporting anything they felt uncomfortable with. Also, why did we fire him in September? We didn't hear anything as to why USA gymnastics got rid of him and investigate that?

This doesn't pass the smell test for sure.

MSU in deep doo doo
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-22, 13:36

Purely anecdotal.  

John Balyo was a radio personality who was the morning DJ for WCSG, the Christian radio station operated by Conerstone University.  Cornerstone was one of my customers and I had met him a couple of times at functions they had for vendors.  Nothing stood out about him.  Later I learned he had married a local woman who was divorced with a middle school age son.

2-3 years ago about 6-8 months after he was married the Feds arrested Balyo on child molestation charges at a music festival he was attending as part of his job with his new wife with him.   This guy had fooled everyone in his professional life and his church attending social circle where he had met his wife.  He led a double life and is now serving 40 years after pleading guilty.

While I'm skeptical about the total lack of knowledge of Nasser's criminal activities by MSU it isn't out of the realm of possibility that MSU didn't know because the way USA Gymnastics kept everything internal because they didn't want to lose athletes, sponsors and their place as the major gymnastics organization in the US.  

If Balyo could hide things from his employer for years and hide things from his fiancé / wife for over 3 years all Nasser needed was for victims to keep their mouths shut and hope USA Gymnastics would keep all reports private.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-12-22, 14:25

DWags wrote:Lost in the chaos from last night I think I'm fairly certain this guy is guilty of some heinous shit. Especially after the FBI stuff. I get he will have his day in court and he deserves it. If I'm wrong about him I apologize. I fear he's messed with way more people than is being reported.

No question.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-12-22, 15:55

Strictly as this case pertains to MSU's involvement/culpability, this is an important question. Everyone keeps saying what did MSU know, and when did MSU know it, but what defines MSU? I don't know, but it's important to know who stopped any inquiry from going further (or even getting started).

At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to excuse anyone higher up (if, big if, they knew about it....and fuck anyone straight to hell who had a hand in this), why the fuck would anyone want to protect him? I mean, with Penn State, we know that football is an unhealthy religion, that Paterno was (and sadly, still is) treated like a deity, and Sandusky was Paterno's closest assistant. That's some serious power and influence there, and to an extent that we can't even relate to at MSU. Why would anyone remotely high up in the Athletic Department, let alone the University, give enough of a fuck about a doctor to not want to investigate/fire him for some shit like this?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-29, 21:46

If these lawyers are right these girls were given some bad advice by our athletic department and some coaches.

SIAP But it says here or athletic department discouraged these girls from talking to cops.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-29, 22:34

DWags wrote:

If these lawyers are right these girls were given some bad advice by our athletic department and some coaches.

SIAP But it says here or athletic department discouraged these girls from talking to cops.

Un-named MSU representative and coach? This is getting worse by the week but thats BS in my opinion. We're going to find out who these persons are if they are being truthful so why not name them? If you want to "talk" then own it. Otherwise leave it out of the story. SMH at this article and probably soon my alma mater...fuck!

Confusing part of all this is this procedure...seems completely wrong medically but many in the field agree with it. I dont get that part it may end up being a key piece in this fiasco.

Just to be clear...anyone who is involved in this and found guilty should be held to the highest legal ramifications possible.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-30, 00:09

CheesySpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Un-named MSU representative and coach?  This is getting worse by the week but thats BS in my opinion.  We're going to find out who these persons are if they are being truthful so why not name them?  If you want to "talk" then own it.  Otherwise leave it out of the story.  SMH at this article and probably soon my alma mater...fuck!

Confusing part of all this is this procedure...seems completely wrong medically but many in the field agree with it.  I dont get that part it may end up being a key piece in this fiasco.

Just to be clear...anyone who is involved in this and found guilty should be held to the highest legal ramifications possible.  

Not saying its true or not true or whatever but isn't this the type of thing that you put out to the media to sway the court of public opinion?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-30, 11:29

Based on the times the alleged incidents took place its hard to think MSU personnel didn't know. There was no way Dr. Nassar could hide in plain sight with that many people hearing complaints about him.

Their silence or failure to take the reports up the chain of command where the people who could remove Dr Nassar from the faculty and as a team doctor knew of the accusations is damning.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-30, 11:56

gHost Spartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Based on the times the alleged incidents took place its hard to think MSU personnel didn't know.  There was no way Dr. Nassar could hide in plain sight with that many people hearing complaints about him.

Their silence or failure to take the reports up the chain of command where the people who could remove Dr Nassar from the faculty and as a team doctor knew of the accusations is damning.

I haven't followed this story too much because I'm afraid of what I may discover so I'm kind of waiting… but in a nutshell what is the timeline we're looking at? Was it recently or years ago? If it's really as bad as I think it may be then Hollis and LAKS are done.

It may have been going on at MSU for the last 20 years...

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-01-30, 11:58; edited 1 time in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-30, 11:57

gHost Spartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Based on the times the alleged incidents took place its hard to think MSU personnel didn't know. There was no way Dr. Nassar could hide in plain sight with that many people hearing complaints about him.

I haven't followed this story too much because I'm afraid of what I may discover so I'm kind of waiting… but in a nutshell what is the timeline we're looking at? Was it recently or years ago? If it's really as bad as I think it may be then Hollis and LAKS are done.

It's both. There are some very old allegations and some more recent. For some reason there seems to be a gap in the middle but I've a suspicion that it will be filled as this plays out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-30, 13:10

Softball players and women from MSU's gymnastic were registering complaints abour Dr. Nassar for over a decade.  Some of the of those complaints go back to LAKS' time as MSU Provost.   The current Provost who was in the Provost office at the time of some of the complaints were being made and was Provost for more recent complaints.  Hollis was an Associate AD when some of the earlier complaints were made and AD for more recent ones according to the timelines  presented in filed court documents.

MSU's Medical School is also involved since he was a part time faculty member within the same timelines.

Before its over MSU will not be shown in a good light.  Some who were boasting "not here" when criticizing PSU may want to measure their words.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV but the silence from MSU and the low profile Hollis has taken since this started coming out might not be coincidental.  

Might not even be related but Hollis was MIA with zero comments when Lewandowski, the 20 year SID for basketball was shown the door.  After almost 2 decades of "ask Lewie" from Hollis and Izzo, Lewandowski is gone and no one in the AD's office is talking.  

Both issues betray the well oiled machine Hollis image has had since taking over as AD and except for the hockey mess I like Hollis.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 13:14

this is likely to get pretty ugly for MSU.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-30, 13:22

I'm no crime solver or sleuth, but at first blush, I'd definitely say buckle up, this shit is going to be very very ugly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-01-30, 13:25

A local law firm is now running TV ads to call them if you have been treated by Nassar.

When the ambulance chasers get involved, it can't be good.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-30, 13:27

duffy munn wrote:A local law firm is now running TV ads to call them if you have been treated by Nassar.

How much $ you think would be involved? Asking for a friend.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-01-30, 13:32

xsanguine wrote:
duffy munn wrote:A local law firm is now running TV ads to call them if you have been treated by Nassar.

No clue but I would bet it will be uncollectable. Not that this would really matter to the law firm. As long as they get there fees.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 13:33

yikes, I haven't seen that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-30, 13:50

DWags wrote:

rods, pls ban dwags as i was banned for discussing this case back in dec.

anyone have the number of the lawyer? i too would like to join the class action, and add the swill as a defendant since they too compied with msu s obstruction of justice.tia
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-30, 13:55

DWags wrote:I'm no crime solver or sleuth, but at first blush, I'd definitely say buckle up, this shit is going to be very very ugly.

no you didnt. you banned me out of denial, The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria toolbag
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-30, 13:57

duffy munn wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

No clue but I would bet it will be uncollectable. Not that this would really matter to the law firm. As long as they get there fees.

muffy still The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria til death!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-30, 22:48

Just bumping the thread while ignoring Blanch.

Please join me.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-31, 00:10

While this is bad I still can't see the motivation for higher ups to protect this guy. It's not like a doctor and non-revenue sports are like Penn State football.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-31, 00:20

Herbie, Herbie, Herbie

Its not about protecting Dr Nassar.
Its a lot of CYA for a long time by some MSU decision makers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-31, 00:25

GRR Spartan wrote:Herbie, Herbie, Herbie

Same difference.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-31, 06:26

Herbie Green wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Herbie, Herbie, Herbie

Same difference.

not really. ours was out of incompetence there's was actual active deceit. granted, i effectively want the same outcome since this shit shouldn't be toleranted and i guess we really find out if "spartans will"
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-31, 13:16

Per WLNS, MSU Gymnastics Coach Named in Nassar Lawsuit

Michigan State University insists it was never notified about his abuse until 2014. A spokesperson says the university investigated that complaint and took action.

However, the suits filed this week say that current MSU Gymnastics Coach Kathie Klages was told by a student.

In a motion filed Tuesday morning, it claims an MSU athlete brought concerns to Klages about Dr. Larry Nassar’s treatments. Klages allegedly told plaintiff must be “misunderstanding” or “reading into” what Nassar was doing.

The motion also alleges that Klages explained she could file something, but it would have serious consequences for the athlete and Nassar. It goes on to say this conversation left the athlete feeling intimidated, embarrassed, and scared.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-01-31, 13:36; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-31, 13:18

David Mittleman, an attorney involved:

Mittleman, who has already filed two motions seeking for plaintiffs to be added to a federal lawsuit, also compared the allegations against Dr. Nassar and MSU to the situation that occurred at Penn State University and retired assistant football coach, Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky was accused of sexually abusing young boys. The university eventually spent millions of dollars in settlements to more than 30 accusers.

REPORTER: “What do you know about the Sandusky catastrophe that you believe could compare to this and make it worse than?”

MITTLEMAN: “If the numbers continue as they have been over the last month, growing, it will be perhaps an excessive 10 times what occurred at Penn State…and that’s what I fear.”
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-31, 13:40

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria does not approve of the last 2 posts. commence with the bannings!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-31, 13:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:David Mittleman, an attorney involved:

Mittleman, who has already filed two motions seeking for plaintiffs to be added to a federal lawsuit, also compared the allegations against Dr. Nassar and MSU to the situation that occurred at Penn State University and retired assistant football coach, Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky was accused of sexually abusing young boys. The university eventually spent millions of dollars in settlements to more than 30 accusers.

REPORTER: “What do you know about the Sandusky catastrophe that you believe could compare to this and make it worse than?”

MITTLEMAN: “If the numbers continue as they have been over the last month, growing, it will be perhaps an excessive 10 times what occurred at Penn State…and that’s what I fear.”

That's what he fears? Please. That's what will make him money.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-31, 14:01

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:David Mittleman, an attorney involved:

That's what he fears? Please. That's what will make him money.
well, yeah, but..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-31, 15:52

There are people on this board who can stop the idiocy within 24 hours.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-31, 16:38

GRR Spartan wrote:There are people on this board who can stop the idiocy within 24 hours.

Lets fo it in honor of Trump
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-31, 18:05

The State News@thesnews 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Head coach Kathie Klages has been named in a motion against former MSU employee Larry Nassar

She's gymnastics coach.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-31, 19:51

If any softball players are part of the suit, Joseph will also be named unless she managed to make it look it was all on an assistant.

Keep telling folks the Nassar mess has a long reach that's going to affect people higher up the organizational chart than a coach of a specific sport.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-31, 20:12

Floyd Robertson wrote:The State News@thesnews 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Head coach Kathie Klages has been named in a motion against former MSU employee Larry Nassar

She's gymnastics coach.

So he did this procedure to her weekly or bi-weekly for 2 years???...If true WTF was our school allowing to go on???...question...No one else was present in the room during any of these procedures?...Was that normal 20 years ago? Because I know its not now! This is getting worse by the day and ANYONE with knowledge of this who did less then what was required should be gone yesterday!!! If true, this fuckin guy was operating in plane sight for 20 fuckin years at MSU and NO ONE noticed??? I was still a student when this shit started! Come on!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-31, 20:40

Let's pump the brakes on "FIRE EVERYONE!!!!" until we get more facts on this issue.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-31, 20:43

According to statements made by some of the victims/accusers, when they went to a coach to tell them what Dr. Nassar had done in his "treatment" they were told they were fortunate to be able to be treated by a well known doctor who was also a doctor / trainer for USA Gymnastics.

Toss in Dr. Nassar was also a part time MSU Medical School faculty member and its not good.

Have no clue where this is going but if the Nassar charges are already getting lawyers to buy ad space on local TV, its a matter of time before high profile firms join in.

This has got the potential to be very damaging to MSU on multiple fronts. Not only if MSU has to pay damages to the victims but this kind of crap can see donations start to dry up.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-31, 21:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this is likely to get pretty ugly for MSU.

You mean "OUR" alma mater???...Oh thats right you didnt graduate from MSU. Go Gronze!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next