Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+35
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Jethro Bodeen
NWSpartan
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Cameron
MSU addict
Blaine Fabin
steveschneider
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
39 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  Empty POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 20:33

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Surprised it took this long

I hope they have a good succession plan. I’m gonna guess they don’t. Victims need to be taken care of first. I’m not confident this particular BoT makes the right choice.
the "ready, fire, aim" approach?

Sounds about right.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Da Mayor Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 20:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I hope they have a good succession plan. I’m gonna guess they don’t. Victims need to be taken care of first. I’m not confident this particular BoT makes the right choice.

Sounds about right.

Also sounds like the witch hunt that has led to Simon's resignation.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 20:39

Official

https://cabs.msu.edu/news/key-issues/issue-docs/simon-resigns.html
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:39

Everyone is doing good work on this page. Keep it up. Thank you LAKS.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:48

Now all the Twitter talking heads are dissecting her statement and getting outraged. I thought it was fine, I think people are extrapolating too much. I'm sure the victims will do the same and that's fine, that will be good for them. STFU though journalists. You got what you wanted.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sounds about right.

Hold your breath, it’s gonna be interesting. Not that anyone ever gives a flying shit about who the next president is, but the public nature of this will get everyone’s ears up and it will become your old fashioned dysfunctional MSU type 1980’s-1990’s thing.

Yay. Can’t wait.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Now all the Twitter talking heads are dissecting her statement and getting outraged. I thought it was fine, I think people are extrapolating too much. I'm sure the victims will do the same and that's fine, that will be good for them. STFU though journalists. You got what you wanted.

They’d be pissed no matter what she said.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:54

I agree. Perhaps better to just keep it short and sweet but whatever, hindsight is 20/20. John U Bacon is saying this statement is incredibly incriminating. Right, I'm sure she didn't run it past legal counsel.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:57

Kathie Klages and Jacquie Joseph are two POS female coaches who protected Nassar and cost the most effective president MSU has had since John Hannah the chance to leave with dignity and respect.

Both decided their friendship with Nassar and the need to not rock any boats because of their poor coaching performance will cost MSU millions in settlemnts and millions in future donations that will end up costing MSU students more in tuition in the future.

Ther are happy umaa donors and administrator tonight. That woman who out worked them to get the $800M particle accelerator research facility to MSU's campus is gone in disgrace.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 22:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Now all the Twitter talking heads are dissecting her statement and getting outraged. I thought it was fine, I think people are extrapolating too much. I'm sure the victims will do the same and that's fine, that will be good for them. STFU though journalists. You got what you wanted.

I would of redlined half of it. Two paragraphs. Done. Some of it was very self serving 'I did this...keep in mind...people that know me know...'

I have a general rule...if you have to tell people you're in charge...you're not in charge.

Whatever...of all the shit comments that have come out E.L... this is probably the least to bitch about.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 23:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I agree. Perhaps better to just keep it short and sweet but whatever, hindsight is 20/20. John U Bacon is saying this statement is incredibly incriminating. Right, I'm sure she didn't run it past legal counsel.

I doubt he's right, he rarely is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 6:38

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the "ready, fire, aim" approach?

Sounds about right.

Hold your breath, it’s gonna be interesting. Not that anyone ever gives a flying shit about who the next president is, but the public nature of this will get everyone’s ears up and it will become your old fashioned dysfunctional MSU type 1980’s-1990’s thing.

Yay. Can’t wait.

You'll get what you deserve. You were part of the witch hunt.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 7:00

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I agree. Perhaps better to just keep it short and sweet but whatever, hindsight is 20/20. John U Bacon is saying this statement is incredibly incriminating. Right, I'm sure she didn't run it past legal counsel.

He doesn’t have to be right. Just loud.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 7:03

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

He doesn’t have to be right. Just loud.

And if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 7:29

I thought her statement sucked. Glad she resigned but at the end of the day she failed to protect those athletes and she failed to take responsibility.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 7:58

Nordic wrote:

I would of redlined half of it. Two paragraphs. Done. Some of it was very self serving 'I did this...keep in mind...people that know me know...'

I have a general rule...if you have to tell people you're in charge...you're not in charge.

Whatever...of all the shit comments that have come out E.L... this is probably the least to bitch about.

I thought it was self serving and failed to take responsibility. Let’s be honest the way the University has conducted itself has been embarrassing. From the University president to Izzo and a few members of the board of trustees they’ve all missed the mark. Ferguson was beyond shameful.

The only statements that haven’t been cringeworthy is Byrum, Mosallam and Beedle. There’s no two ways around it MSU failed to protect those athletes and it failed to take responsibility and it’s shameful.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 8:29

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I thought it was self serving and failed to take responsibility.  Let’s be honest the way the University has conducted itself has been embarrassing. From the University president to Izzo and a few members of the board of trustees they’ve all missed the mark. Ferguson was beyond shameful.

The only statements that haven’t been cringeworthy is Byrum,  Mosallam and Beedle. There’s no two ways around it MSU failed to protect those athletes and it failed to take responsibility and it’s shameful.

Steve, 

I want nothing more than those victims to be made whole.   I am also extremely bummed as an alumnus.  I am heart broken that my youngest is somewhat off put about being a Spartan.  Actually I'm shaken by it.  

I want justice, but in seeking that justice, I hope we don't  trample on anyone that doesn't deserve the level of justice that will be served on them.  I don't know if LAKS deserves this level of justice.  I'm certainly of the mind she couldn't be the President anymore.  But I am still going to refuse to join the chorus of those who are condemning her outright only because I don't know...... yet.  Remember, every word she says is measured against the possibility that MSU could be on the line for over 1 billion dollars vs. that figure being reduced by insurance carriers.  As ugly as that sounds, she still has a fiduciary responsibility to MSU.   I get that there are a ton of people who feel that, "Her watch, her responsibility".  Totally understand that point of view.   I've never been that guy that believes that.  Just a difference of opinion and I'll take my lumps for not being of that mind set.  

What's done is done.  We have to focus on the victims.  I'm very anxious to read the investigation in a year or so, and I have a feeling some of these administrators are going to be looked at differently than what they are now.  Till then, brace yourself for a public bashing. MSU can't answer publicly and many detractors of our school know that.  Join it or not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 8:55

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I thought it was self serving and failed to take responsibility.  Let’s be honest the way the University has conducted itself has been embarrassing. From the University president to Izzo and a few members of the board of trustees they’ve all missed the mark. Ferguson was beyond shameful.

The only statements that haven’t been cringeworthy is Byrum,  Mosallam and Beedle. There’s no two ways around it MSU failed to protect those athletes and it failed to take responsibility and it’s shameful.

Steve, 

I want nothing more than those victims to be made whole.   I am also extremely bummed as an alumnus.  I am heart broken that my youngest is somewhat off put about being a Spartan.  Actually I'm shaken by it.  

I want justice, but in seeking that justice, I hope we don't  trample on anyone that doesn't deserve the level of justice that will be served on them.  I don't know if LAKS deserves this level of justice.  I'm certainly of the mind she couldn't be the President anymore.  But I am still going to refuse to join the chorus of those who are condemning her outright only because I don't know...... yet.  Remember, every word she says is measured against the possibility that MSU could be on the line for over 1 billion dollars vs. that figure being reduced by insurance carriers.  As ugly as that sounds, she still has a fiduciary responsibility to MSU.   I get that there are a ton of people who feel that, "Her watch, her responsibility".  Totally understand that point of view.   I've never been that guy that believes that.  Just a difference of opinion and I'll take my lumps for not being of that mind set.  

What's done is done.  We have to focus on the victims.  I'm very anxious to read the investigation in a year or so, and I have a feeling some of these administrators are going to be looked at differently than what they are now.  Till then, brace yourself for a public bashing. MSU can't answer publicly and many detractors of our school know that.  Join it or not.

There certainly needs to be different degrees of accountability in all of this and I’m not making LKS to be the worst player but she was the president of MSU and her statements matter. To me she demonstrated again that she was callous to and didn’t take responsibility.

"As tragedies are politicized, blame is inevitable." Even with a pending lawsuit there has to be a better choice of words. That is just cringeworthy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 10:20

The witch hunt is and shall continue. The Freep has now dug into Simon's contract and are tweeting out and retweeting themselves about how she gets 2 free Spartan/Huntington Club tickets for life, her salary if she returns to Faculty, etc. Rolling eyes.

My guess is it is only a matter of time before the hunt shifts focus to Hollis.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 10:27

And Shawn Windsor wrote a pussy article piling on too. I thought about fact checking it here but am too worn out to bother since it has zero impact. He was wrong on the most basic information but he was calling for heads to roll so he'll be a hero.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 10:33

LooseGoose wrote:And Shawn Windsor wrote a pussy article piling on too.   I thought about fact checking it here but am too worn out to bother since it has zero impact.   He was wrong on the most basic information but he was calling for heads to roll so he'll be a hero.
  they all have their marching orders.   click, click, click.    Yay.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 10:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The witch hunt is and shall continue. The Freep has now dug into Simon's contract and are tweeting out and retweeting themselves about how she gets 2 free Spartan/Huntington Club tickets for life, her salary if she returns to Faculty, etc. Rolling eyes.

My guess is it is only a matter of time before the hunt shifts focus to Hollis.

Yep, even though I called out Simon above this shit you just listed out is unnecessary and a bunch of BS.

Shawn Windsor had a good question in his column, why didn't the press cover this story more when it first broke? I look at the sports pages frequently and there wasn't much about this from the Freep or the Det News. This type of story needed a lot more reporting early on and they failed on this as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 10:47

Because it doesn't become "real" for just about anyone not directly involved (including us) until we hear the details straight from the victims.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 10:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Because it doesn't become "real" for just about anyone not directly involved (including us) until we hear the details straight from the victims.

Which is the reoccuring theme that everyone keeps hammering home no one listened to these victims. Two institutions failed and the press failed. The best coverage came from Indianapolis and the LSJ, Detroit completely whiffed on this story. Once the Indianapolis Star story broke that should have been the cue for the two biggest news rooms in Detroit to get to work. The sports pages in Detroit spent more time and resources on recruiting stories for UofM than this scandal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 11:38

There is a wave of 20/20 hindsight in the media.

steveschneder is spot on.  Now the Freep, LSJ and GRPress are experts and hope their readers don't notice they decided there was no story, there weren't enough trusted sources, they didn't have the resources to pursue an investigation etc, back in 2014 or before.

MSU screwed up but most still don't know all the legal rules of a Title IX investgation and what MSU lawyers told LAKS.  

My biggest bitch is it seems its an easy story to pillory LAKS but its too much work to dig into Kathie Klags background.  Her motivation to have good relationships with Twistars owners the Gedderts and Larry Nassar.  Klages went on the record stating the child porn found n Nassar's home computer was planted before she resigned.

LAKS "By the book" style cause her to resign.  Its time to change the book if that doesn't get things done.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 11:40; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 11:40

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Because it doesn't become "real" for just about anyone not directly involved (including us) until we hear the details straight from the victims.

Which is the reoccuring theme that everyone keeps hammering home no one listened to these victims. Two institutions failed and the press failed. The best coverage came from Indianapolis and the LSJ, Detroit completely whiffed on this story. Once the Indianapolis Star story broke that should have been the cue for the two biggest news rooms in Detroit to get to work. The sports pages in Detroit spent more time and resources on recruiting stories for UofM than this scandal.

If they would have covered it, you'd bitch about the blue wall.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 14:29

Top story on both local Detroit papers online edition right now is a picture of Simon and talking about the perks she gets with her resignation. I don't think I've seen many tweets about this, I think they're just trying to drum up more anger and no one is biting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 14:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Top story on both local Detroit papers online edition right now is a picture of Simon and talking about the perks she gets with her resignation. I don't think I've seen many tweets about this, I think they're just trying to drum up more anger and no one is biting.

Fucking lazy. Most media these days write stories to get everyone outraged instead of doing any real investigative journalism.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 14:44

Well here is some real journalism that I am surprised hasn't been posted here yet:

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/22211140/michigan-state-sought-end-federal-oversight-delayed-sending-feds-files-larry-nassar-espn

Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 14:56

I saw that but I didn't really have a chance to dive in and digest....what is the gist of it and more to the point, what is the insinuation?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 15:35

In summary: just when you thought it couldn't get any worse,  you really need to read the whole article and while I am sure parts of it should failry consider further context, IMO the long and short of it is Pandora's Box has been opened and there is no telling where this goes. (there is reference to the mishandling of Title IX investigation regarding MSU BB).

On Dec. 14, 2016 -- almost three months after accusations against Nassar had been reported in the media and after MSU had fired him from his position as an associate professor in the College of Osteopathic Medicine -- an attorney from the Michigan State general counsel's office wrote to federal officials and pointed out an "unfortunate oversight": University officials had reviewed everything they had been sending federal investigators and had determined that "we could not locate the [Nassar] file on the list. I do not know how it was missed."

Four months later, on March 17, 2017, the Michigan State general counsel's office again wrote to the Office for Civil Rights, this time saying it had found an additional eight reports; they, too, had been "erroneously excluded," according to the email obtained by Outside the Lines. It's unclear whether those files pertain to Nassar or other MSU sexual assault cases. The author again apologized and indicated that there would be further review.

Outside the Lines has learned that MSU still has not provided the complete Nassar paperwork. On Jan. 17 -- 10 months after MSU acknowledged the "unfortunate oversight" -- an attorney with the Office for Civil Rights wrote Michigan State to further inquire about the review of those missing files, because the office had not received any additional documentation. A university attorney responded by email later that day promising an update by Jan. 31.
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 15:38

Yikes. Embarrassing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 15:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I saw that but I didn't really have a chance to dive in and digest....what is the gist of it and more to the point, what is the insinuation?

MSU didn't send OCR materials they requested.   Sounds pretty bad.  Sounds like they're looking to take down a whole university.  Deserved?  Who knows.  They end the article by saying LAKS  "remained defiant till the end" .  This sounds like the rounding up of the dogs is neigh, the hunt is on.   Duck and cover the freep and news will be on this daily through recruiting season and the tournament.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 15:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I saw that but I didn't really have a chance to dive in and digest....what is the gist of it and more to the point, what is the insinuation?
Executive summary:

Our Title IX Office has under federal oversight since 2014.

While under federal oversight we failed to notify them of the two separate Nassar investigations in 2014.

We signed a consent agreement in 2015 that required MSU to provide prior all Title IX case files to the feds by January 2016.

We notified them in December 2016 that “due to an unfortunate oversight” we did not turn over the Nassar file.

In March 2017 we notified them that we forgot to turn over 8 more files (may or may not be Nassar related).

ESPN claims MSU has still not provided the complete Nassar file to the feds.

That MSU requested that the end the federal oversight early because we had been acting in good faith. The feds rejected that outright.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 17:18

So...should the gambling consortium be opened up to take action on what might happen *IF* the press, AG, trial lawyers start considering what kind of influence a certain MSU powerbroker may have had with a former county prosecutor from a mid-west state?
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 18:31

Leading off the national news.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 18:50

DWags wrote:Leading off the national news.

And your self-loathing self is loving it.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 19:12

Da Mayor wrote:
DWags wrote:Leading off the national news.

Have you actually been reading his posts in this thread? He's been one of the most reserved of all of us.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 19:13

Cameron wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Have you actually been reading his posts in this thread? He's been one of the most reserved of all of us.

Cameron you’re smarter than this, right?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 19:21

Question about the cops to our resident attorney: how are they and the fbi off the hook here? If these crimes were reported to them, and they did nothing, what’s the end game of that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next